Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Deja Vu: More Nine Tail's Problems  (Read 5466 times)

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
Deja Vu: More Nine Tail's Problems
« on: January 12, 2017, 03:41:24 AM »

Before I start, I want to apologize to this council for having to deal with my matter yet again. I know full well how pathetic this looks. Well, it is. The council is the council, not a bunch a parents...but it's starting to feel that way.

The problem: Athos does not wish to speak about voids and has ignored me. He will strip me as of tomorrow because he prematurely posted the fight thread immediately after it was ruled Synthesis could be used.

Disclaimer: Our judge (Trev) has claimed his authority is to only the fight itself, so he isn't involved in this matter.

I believe the problem stems from around a week ago. The moment the vote was passed that ruled that I was allowed to use Synthesis, Athos already made the fight thread (I was sorta at work). Now, Athos claims that because I didn't make preference thread, that it was too late to place voids. Of course, the reason I didn't even make that thread is because the council was taking their vote on if I was allowed to use Synthesis or not. Athos is the one that jumped the gun, not me.

But, this accusation is completely new to me because, at first, Athos was more than willing to talk about voids.

Our full correspondence can be seen here at this link: http://pastebin.com/BvE4rtN8

Now, in our full correspondence, I believe, I did not behave in any way to warrant an ignore. But, he ignored me on Monday. He also claimed that I'm attempting to kill time, but ironically, by ignoring me, time was killed anyway. He also claims that I was "complaining about everything he did" to get any move voided. Of course, this wasn't true as the only qualms I had with his whole move set was his "light style" and "Steel Wire" (the latter he did void). While I did bring a third matter, I immediately discarded it to focus on his light style.

Right before he ignored me, I only wanted him to specify what move he planned on using (his hirashin/impressing sounding sword) and if he could specify more about his prismatic wall considering the wiki page on it was beyond too vague. Long story short, I stuck to what I originally asked him about; I wasn't voiding everything in existence.

Multiple times during our correspondence, he told me to post before the deadline "was up". Of course, I never recognized this deadline in the first place due to him posting without agreeing to any initial terms.

So basically, he believes we're beyond talking about voids but I disagree. Also this non-existent timer is about to go off and he'll strip me of the bijuu, but the fight never started IMO. Also he ignored me two days ago, so I can't even resolve any of this.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 03:58:33 AM by Genesis »

Hazama

• View Profile
Requesting Council Action: Strip for General Incompetence: Genesis
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 04:35:21 AM »

As of his latest attempt to waste my time Genesis still has not posted the preference/void list all hosts are required to have in spite of having more than ample time to do so, every other host managed. He does not publicly maintain a list of challengers anywhere.

I have made him painfully aware of the rules he is not following and he has made no effort to correct it, even as he petitions the council.

I am tired of waiting, I am tired of him wasting my time, I have humored him more than long enough. I would like him to be stripped of the Nine Tails for his pointed refusal to follow the bijuu rules.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
Re: Requesting Council Action: Strip for General Incompetence: Genesis
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 04:45:41 AM »

Hol' up there Bocc'. The chicken came before the egg, so don't make two topics about it:

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,9252.0.html

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 05:03:40 AM »

Believe it or not I did actually already know that topic existed, considering I referenced it in my post. Pretty sure Genesis's topic is not about why he should be stripped so I'm good.

I don't believe you're on the council either Nathan.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
Re: Deja Vu: More Nine Tail's Problems
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 06:48:02 AM »

Jesus you two.....seriously? Should've left the best with Ryoji.

I wrote a shit ton more believe it or not. But I broke it down.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have no challenge preference thread up though there isn't a punishment in place.
He can't strip you for not posting. The fight starts when both parties agree.
He ignored you making an agreement on voids impossible.

You shouldn't be stripped for not having a challenge thread. That's stupid. Not that big of a deal IMO.
You shouldn't be stripped for not posting because you both didn't agree to start.
He shouldn't have ignored you. You have one week to talk over voids and the likes. Syn was officially able to be the defender on the 7th. It's only been 5 days. The week isn't even up. I've grilled my opponents before on what they use. As you both have every right to.

I went over the pastebin convo from the start.

Gensis states he wants to talk about steel release: Monomolecular Wire and light release.

Throughout the convo this is what I saw Genesis mention:

Steel release: Monomolecular Wire-
First they talk about if it has a defined length
Genesis asks if it can cut chakra a few times
*Genesis wants it void due to being able to cut though all matter and Athos agrees to void it.

impressive sounding sword thing voided
Athos states it is a joke making fun of Ryoji and wouldn't really be used.

prismatic wall
Genesis wants it voided cause he sees it as an auto-hit.
*Athos then proceeds to ignore him.

------------------------------------TL;DR------------------------------------

There's no reason to strip Genesis.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 07:22:26 AM »

As the next person in line;

Get it together, children. Drop the pettiness already. Both of you.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 07:47:46 AM »

Jesus you two.....seriously? Should've left the best with Ryoji.

I wrote a shit ton more believe it or not. But I broke it down.

You have no challenge preference thread up though there isn't a punishment in place.
He can't strip you for not posting. The fight starts when both parties agree.
He ignored you making an agreement on voids impossible.

You shouldn't be stripped for not having a challenge thread. That's stupid. Not that big of a deal IMO.
You shouldn't be stripped for not posting because you both didn't agree to start.
He shouldn't have ignored you. You have one week to talk over voids and the likes. Syn was officially able to be the defender on the 7th. It's only been 5 days. The week isn't even up. I've grilled my opponents before on what they use. As you both have every right to.

I went over the pastebin convo from the start.

Gensis states he wants to talk about steel release: Monomolecular Wire and light release.

Throughout the convo this is what I saw Genesis mention:

Steel release: Monomolecular Wire-
First they talk about if it has a defined length
Genesis asks if it can cut chakra a few times
*Genesis wants it void due to being able to cut though all matter and Athos agrees to void it.

impressive sounding sword thing voided
Athos states it is a joke making fun of Ryoji and wouldn't really be used.

prismatic wall
Genesis wants it voided cause he sees it as an auto-hit.
*Athos then proceeds to ignore him.

------------------------------------TL;DR------------------------------------

There's no reason to strip Genesis.

All of this +1000.

I couldn't have said it better or more civilized.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 09:21:39 AM »

"You have no challenge preference thread up though there isn't a punishment in place."

Ok great you guys literally don't even know what the rules you're supposed to be enforcing say.

"Breaking any of the other rules results in one warning to be issued by the council. A second violation of the same rule will result in stripping."

Is what the rules say. Kayenta made a huge deal about telling everyone to follow the bijuu rules and make their topic and Genesis didn't do that.

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,9187.0.html

I'm sorry was that warning from a council member to follow the rules not an official warning from a council member to follow the rules? Is that it? I know you guys will have some line of crap explaining why Genesis can choose not to follow the rules and that doesn't warrant a punishment.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2017, 09:38:33 AM »

"You have no challenge preference thread up though there isn't a punishment in place."

Ok great you guys literally don't even know what the rules you're supposed to be enforcing say.

"Breaking any of the other rules results in one warning to be issued by the council. A second violation of the same rule will result in stripping."

Is what the rules say. Kayenta made a huge deal about telling everyone to follow the bijuu rules and make their topic and Genesis didn't do that.

I'm sorry was that warning from a council member to follow the rules not an official warning from a council member to follow the rules? Is that it? I know you guys will have some line of crap explaining why Genesis can choose not to follow the rules and that doesn't warrant a punishment.

There was no official warning expressedly stated.

But this vote here could be one now after it is finished with the council. In fact, after the council has made its decision and if Gene gets more time, I'll levy a warning myself then.

Because this is all becoming quite....annoying. Seriously. Everyone needs to stop bickering and get to a place of compromise.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2017, 10:36:59 AM »

There was no official warning expressedly stated.

But this vote here could be one now after it is finished with the council. In fact, after the council has made its decision and if Gene gets more time, I'll levy a warning myself then.

Because this is all becoming quite....annoying. Seriously. Everyone needs to stop bickering and get to a place of compromise.

Wasn't there? Do you know? Because you and Shadow were both just in agreement that there was no punishment for breaking the rule Genesis continues to be in violation of. I had to let you guys know what the rules you're supposed to be in charge of enforcing actually are. If you didn't know that why should I believe you know this?

What's an official warning? It doesn't describe anywhere in the rules what that is or how one is meted out. I feel like reasonable people would be able to acquiesce that maybe a councilwoman shouting at everyone to follow the rules in all capital, size 24, red letter font might be enough to constitute a warning. I feel like I really shouldn't need to wish on a star for that to be understood.

Now I would love to continue to call the competency of these council decision into question all night long but sure let's try and compromise, maybe I can be screwed slightly less the third time around.

Here's my compromise Genesis posts in the fight and we do the fight because he doesn't need any amount of weeks to talk voids with me. I let Genesis pick whatever judge he wanted because I didn't want to waste time discussing it. He picked Trev. So if he is worried that some of my moves are god mod he should be able to rest easy in the fact that the judge he personally picked is competent enough to tell when I'm doing something illegitimate. 

I've put up with a ton of crap and have been more than fair and really feel like asking him to just post. In. The. Freakin. Fight. Isn't asking that much of him.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2017, 01:28:45 PM »

When the council agrees to issue an official warning...it will not come as Emily shouting int he night at everyone. It will be agreed upon and voted on by the council members.

And you will not when I was shouting at everyone and even mentioned a warming be issued, I included you Athos in that warning.

That being said, since we are going to quote me as THE authority on what to ASSUME is official...I also posted quite clearly on how to behave. Take some of that to heart too please.

Now...You can't put a host on ignore then bitch about a thing.

I want these discussions held in the 9 tails activity thread so that it acts as the Official log of everything concerning that bijuu.

Genesis is entitled to discuss voids, to have his one week to set up a match with you...but if you are ignoring him, then he cannot be held to blame for the fight not starting on time.

He has the right to discuss terms...and not be threatened with stripping on the basis of the match not staarting on time.

Do you want to fight him or just get a free bijuu based on technicalities?

I suggest you both go the 9 tails thread and comply with the public activity log and get this fight going within one week.

cooperation will go a long way toward getting anyone to listen.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2017, 01:31:40 PM »

I responded to the thread that Genesis posted. And now I will refer you to that thread in the interests of saving my time as well as acknowledging your complaint.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2017, 01:33:26 PM »

When the council agrees to issue an official warning...it will not come as Emily shouting int he night at everyone. It will be agreed upon and voted on by the council members.

And you will not when I was shouting at everyone and even mentioned a warming be issued, I included you Athos in that warning.

That being said, since we are going to quote me as THE authority on what to ASSUME is official...I also posted quite clearly on how to behave. Take some of that to heart too please.

Now...You can't put a host on ignore then bitch about a thing.

I want these discussions held in the 9 tails activity thread so that it acts as the Official log of everything concerning that bijuu.

Genesis is entitled to discuss voids, to have his one week to set up a match with you...but if you are ignoring him, then he cannot be held to blame for the fight not starting on time.

He has the right to discuss terms...and not be threatened with stripping on the basis of the match not staarting on time.

Do you want to fight him or just get a free bijuu based on technicalities?

I suggest you both go the 9 tails thread and comply with the public activity log and get this fight going within one week.

cooperation will go a long way toward getting anyone to listen.

+10000000000

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2017, 01:37:55 PM »

additionally. I have posted to the thread that Athos made to come and look at this response to the issue.

I have also posted to the 9 tails bijuu thread to bump it and prompt them to begin the public discussions in a polite...and I now add...and civil manner.

those are my thoughts on this issue. should a council majority decide otherwise we will have to deal with that then.

HOWEVER, while this issue has been brought to the attention of the council...the CLOCK on the time limit has been stopped.

A host cannot be expected to start a match on time while an issue about him/his beast/ his opponent is in the council awaiting a decision.

So...it really would be a lot quicker to just stop being this way and go talk in the thread rather than wait for the council to get together and talk about what to so and further delay this match from starting.

yes?

I thought so

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2017, 01:42:34 PM »

additionally. I have posted to the thread that Athos made to come and look at this response to the issue.

I have also posted to the 9 tails bijuu thread to bump it and prompt them to begin the public discussions in a polite...and I now add...and civil manner.

those are my thoughts on this issue. should a council majority decide otherwise we will have to deal with that then.

HOWEVER, while this issue has been brought to the attention of the council...the CLOCK on the time limit has been stopped.

A host cannot be expected to start a match on time while an issue about him/his beast/ his opponent is in the council awaiting a decision.

So...it really would be a lot quicker to just stop being this way and go talk in the thread rather than wait for the council to get together and talk about what to so and further delay this match from starting.

yes?

I thought so

Agreed.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 15 queries.