Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Re: Attention Participants in SWF, the Battle Royal for the Gedo  (Read 16024 times)

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
Re: Attention Participants in SWF, the Battle Royal for the Gedo
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2017, 11:10:00 PM »

Saying my attack surrounds you and leaves you no room to physically move out of the way is not a god mod unavoidable move.

Saying I'm dead before I know you attacked me and there's nothing I could do about it despite having all my sensory abilities active is an unavoidable move.

It's really not complicated.

And yes it does. You don't know that Dart has Kamui to phase through the assault. And you already cleared stated that it would punch through any defenses such as Susanoo.

So, your move is an auto-hit as well and is grounds for disqualification due to being unavoidable.

In the same manner, I wrote it out that Dart would win because he doesn't know ICly what Athos possesses. Which, as ive already stated, would be your Way of the Fist 'slowing down time' to detect the barrier on his body which would then use Deadzone Creation to nullify the Kamui.

The Kamui isn't unavoidable.
Your death balls aren't unavoidable.

Despite the way either one of us wrote it out.

So your argument is that you can write an attack that is completely god mod and it's my responsibility to find a way to avoid it anyway and retroactively make it fair? That doesn't make any sense.

As it's written now it's an unavoidable attack and that's against the rules.

There is not retroactivity as your Way of Fist training is already active. I wouldn't even be mad if you countered it exactly as I'm saying.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2017, 11:13:46 PM »

Yeah it's Dust Release that's what it does.

You do not know what an auto-hit is then.

If a move is written in a way that's clearly god mod what I can or cannot do about it is irrelevant, I should not have to acknowledge it.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2017, 11:17:11 PM »

Yeah it's Dust Release that's what it does.

You do not know what an auto-hit is then.

If a move is written in a way that's clearly god mod what I can or cannot do about it is irrelevant, I should not have to acknowledge it.

Doesn't matter what type it is. Claiming that nothing can be done to stop it and not being able to dodge is an auto-hit.

A God-Mod move is not being able to do anything about the technique that is being used.

Fortunately for you, you ARE able to do something about the move regardless of how it is written.

Seriously? This entire fucking argument is pointless. We are both in the wrong. Yet we both have options to avoid the moves regardless of how they are written.

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2017, 11:26:49 PM »

Athos murder balls of murdering people isn't unavoidable nor is it an auto hit though. It talking about punching through the Susano'o was just noting it's strength. Nobody even has one active. What is unavoidable/autohit/unblockable is the acid rain. You can't avoid it, because it's everywhere. You can't block it, once again everywhere. And since it's everywhere, it's gonna hit you. And it has properties of dissolving Biju Chakra, when it wasn't enhanced by Biju Chakra, what's up with that? But that doesn't matter, just an example.

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2017, 11:31:14 PM »

Athos murder balls of murdering people isn't unavoidable nor is it an auto hit though. It talking about punching through the Susano'o was just noting it's strength. Nobody even has one active. What is unavoidable/autohit/unblockable is the acid rain. You can't avoid it, because it's everywhere. You can't block it, once again everywhere. And since it's everywhere, it's gonna hit you. And it has properties of dissolving Biju Chakra, when it wasn't enhanced by Biju Chakra, what's up with that? But that doesn't matter, just an example.

Athos allowed you and Shadow and Kamui to dodge it because of how he wrote it.

Bijū chakra isn't a special type of chakra. Just enhances your already pre-existing chakra and gives you various buffs. You don't need bijū vs bijū to match.

The rain clouds can be blown away or you use protection like Shadow did. It's not an instantaneous effect. It had a medium effect to dissolve things.

Regardless, what Athos is complaining about is wording. So I'll complain about his as well.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2017, 11:32:35 PM »

I think I have sat back and read about enough on this matter.  :-?

By principle, if every attack is easily dodgeable, then this free for all would go on forever, unless you're like Kamui and forget an attack or two, in which case it would probably still take awhile for this to conclude.

Claiming to use an "undodgable/unavoidable/unblockable" attack

Undetectable is not included, so technically using an attack that is either extremely fast or not detectable is the only way for any of you to catch each other off guard. Dato's post stated:

The only real way he would have known about the attack is when it hit and then his torso would be gone.

The Kamui process is: activation, barrier forms, space-time ninjutsu magic sucks in or spits out stuff, Kamui is deactivated, space-time ninjutsu magic ceases, and then barrier dissipates. Dato's claim is that this happens in half a second, an incredibly small interval of time to react even by SL standards.

I searched the discussion thread for the rules, and unfortunately, not much context is given under which said rule was made, and so only what is written is what I have to reliably go by. The attack is not, generally speaking, unavoidable (as in, with a certain combination of things it can be countered) as has already been professed in this thread even by the technique user. He is not claiming his attack to be unavoidable. An individual who can react at the microsecond level and have certain methods can dodge this attack.

Equally important though is that Dato does not unleash his Kamui attack until after Athos launches his attack and Dato dodges. Now, while the dust release may travel however fast, to assume that Athos simply falls towards the ground after seeing that his attack on Dato failed (because yes, he would be able to detect that Dat pursued him at least up until he leaves the clouds, so he is not ignorant to Dato's presence) is not reasonable, giving more time for Athos to react.

The question then, is what does he do with this time? Well, as a zoner, that is up for him to decide at this point. If he wants to argue that the double Kamui is not possible then that is a logical next step. If he wants to argue that Dato should be skewered due to inadeuate dodging, then by all means. As the judge though, I rule that the attack does not violate the Competition rules.

TlDrNeither of their attacks violate the rules as far as I am concerned.

What's next on the docket?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 11:33:59 PM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2017, 11:37:30 PM »

I think I have sat back and read about enough on this matter.  :-?

By principle, if every attack is easily dodgeable, then this free for all would go on forever, unless you're like Kamui and forget an attack or two, in which case it would probably still take awhile for this to conclude.

Claiming to use an "undodgable/unavoidable/unblockable" attack

Undetectable is not included, so technically using an attack that is either extremely fast or not detectable is the only way for any of you to catch each other off guard. Dato's post stated:

The only real way he would have known about the attack is when it hit and then his torso would be gone.

The Kamui process is: activation, barrier forms, space-time ninjutsu magic sucks in or spits out stuff, Kamui is deactivated, space-time ninjutsu magic ceases, and then barrier dissipates. Dato's claim is that this happens in half a second, an incredibly small interval of time to react even by SL standards.

I searched the discussion thread for the rules, and unfortunately, not much context is given under which said rule was made, and so only what is written is what I have to reliably go by. The attack is not, generally speaking, unavoidable (as in, with a certain combination of things it can be countered) as has already been professed in this thread even by the technique user. He is not claiming his attack to be unavoidable. An individual who can react at the microsecond level and have certain methods can dodge this attack.

Equally important though is that Dato does not unleash his Kamui attack until after Athos launches his attack and Dato dodges. Now, while the dust release may travel however fast, to assume that Athos simply falls towards the ground after seeing that his attack on Dato failed (because yes, he would be able to detect that Dat pursued him at least up until he leaves the clouds, so he is not ignorant to Dato's presence) is not reasonable, giving more time for Athos to react.

The question then, is what does he do with this time? Well, as a zoner, that is up for him to decide at this point. If he wants to argue that the double Kamui is not possible then that is a logical next step. If he wants to argue that Dato should be skewered due to inadeuate dodging, then by all means. As the judge though, I rule that the attack does not violate the Competition rules.

TlDrNeither of their attacks violate the rules as far as I am concerned.

What's next on the docket?

I knew there was a reason why I chose Eric. So awesome!

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2017, 11:38:28 PM »

Ok Eric counter this move for me then.

"I Kamui your torso away. The first thing you would perceive about this attack is that your torso is gone and you are dead."

So please, since it's a fair move tell me how you'd counter that.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2017, 11:58:46 PM »

Next on the docket would be Athos believing his Dust Balls would have hit Dart.

Dart is still in his undetectable buff once he pops through the clouds.
Athos would be able to know that he was followed, yes. But he wouldn't be able to tell exactly where Dart would be exactly.

So, in my mind, the 25 that had been meant for Dart would scatter randomly around the last known position of where he had been. So the only real threat would be then be an accidental clipping from the other groups meant for the other contestants. Dart has his Sharingan active and is insanely light due to the reduced gravity. He's completely feasible that he could perceive their movements and dodge the ones that got too close to his position.

Athos didn't specify when he had activated his death balls. Only a generalization that he did it once he was through the clouds. So I took that to assume he activated it at the peak of his jump.

All of which I've already pointed out in the beginning of my post.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2017, 12:03:22 AM »

Yeah I've still got the one more question about your god modding so as soon as Eric answers that I'll be satisfied and we can move on.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2017, 12:04:58 AM »

Yeah I've still got the one more question about your god modding so as soon as Eric answers that I'll be satisfied and we can move on.

Eric has already made his ruling on it.

It doesn't violate any of the rules, thus it ain't god-modding.
Move on to the next segment so this fight can move on.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2017, 12:08:26 AM »

I have a question and I'd like it to be answered, I think that's a pretty simple request. As I said once Eric answers this question about how he would avoid your completely fair move I'll be satisfied and we can move on.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2017, 12:15:44 AM »

I have a question and I'd like it to be answered, I think that's a pretty simple request. As I said once Eric answers this question about how he would avoid your completely fair move I'll be satisfied and we can move on.

Except the move isn't being used on him and your question is completely rhetorical, hypothetical, and being used to stall the entire fight.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2017, 12:28:00 AM »

You can whine and complain all you want I still want an answer to my question and if you think your move is as fair as you claim it is you have nothing to lose by letting me get an answer. The only one stalling here is you. If the question was answered I'd be happy to move on.

Eric is a former Sannin of Konoha, Jinchuriki of the 5 Tails, and Leader of the Nara Clan. If your move is fair he should be able to avoid dying to it.

So, again, "I Kamui away your torso. The first thing you perceive about this attack is that your torso is gone and you are dead. You are in Sage Mode, have Mind's Eye of the Kagura active and have Negative Emotions Sensing. None of that helps you in any way."

Completely fair, obviously, so how does he avoid it?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 12:29:54 AM by Athos »

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2017, 12:37:48 AM »

You can whine and complain all you want I still want an answer to my question and if you think your move is as fair as you claim it is you have nothing to lose by letting me get an answer. The only one stalling here is you. If the question was answered I'd be happy to move on.

Eric is a former Sannin of Konoha, Jinchuriki of the 5 Tails, and Leader of the Nara Clan. If your move is fair he should be able to avoid dying to it.

So, again, "I Kamui away your torso. The first thing you perceive about this attack is that your torso is gone and you are dead. You are in Sage Mode, have Mind's Eye of the Kagura active and have Negative Emotions Sensing. None of that helps you in any way."

Completely fair, obviously, so how does he avoid it?

The only person whining and complaining is you because you didn't get the ruling in your favor and since it's your post in the fight, you are also the only one stalling.

I've expressedly explained how your character can avoid the entire situation but that's just not good enough for you, huh?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 20 queries.