Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Re: Attention Participants in SWF, the Battle Royal for the Gedo  (Read 15834 times)

Dart Terumī

• View Profile

Unlocked the thread for further discussion about other details in the fight such as the one being contested by Athos now.

Athos claims that the long-range Kamui cannot be sped up by using both eyes. Clearly, I believe that it can be as it utilized it in that fashion.

Eric is being brought in to make a decision as both judge and moderator of the case.

My proof that it can be used with both eyes to speed up a long-range Kamui:

http://www.mangainn.net/manga/chapter/89036_naruto-chapter-595/page_19

Obito uses his 'Right Eye Kamui (REK)' to negate Kakashi's 'Left Eye Kamui (LEK)' from affecting the Jūbi despite not in physical contact with the beast. This implies that physical contact isn't always required to activate a second layer of Kamui on a target.

http://www.mangainn.net/manga/chapter/123699_naruto-chapter-685/page_5

Obito is using both eyes to synchronize with Kaguya's portal in order to speed up the time it takes to utilize the LEK in conjunction with the REK so he use the REK to teleport into the dimension.

http://www.mangainn.net/manga/chapter/117753_naruto-chapter-666/page_16

http://www.mangainn.net/manga/chapter/117753_naruto-chapter-666/page_17

Both use Kamui in the same second to enhance the speed of Kamui itself, Kakashi using his LEK to enhance Obito's REK to teleport quicker.

http://www.mangainn.net/manga/chapter/120958_naruto-chapter-675

http://www.mangainn.net/manga/chapter/120958_naruto-chapter-675/page_4

Another instance where Obito uses his Kamui to utilize the teleportation aspect to teleport Sakura without touching her.

http://www.mangainn.net/manga/chapter/123240_naruto-chapter-683/page_16

Proof that both eyes can create two portals that are connected.

http://www.mangainn.net/manga/chapter/123699_naruto-chapter-685/page_9

http://www.mangainn.net/manga/chapter/123699_naruto-chapter-685/page_10

http://www.mangainn.net/manga/chapter/123699_naruto-chapter-685/page_13

http://www.mangainn.net/manga/chapter/123699_naruto-chapter-685/page_14

http://www.mangainn.net/manga/chapter/123699_naruto-chapter-685/page_15 *

Both eyes are bleeding from usage as both eyes are being used to open up the portals inside Kaguya's dimension.

*This one is specifically and deliberately using his REK to open the portal without needing physical contact.

http://www.mangainn.net/manga/chapter/124060_naruto-chapter-686/page_20

Again, he is using the REK to send off another item that isn't in physical touch with him.

Honorable mentions that physical contact isn't required to activate the REK would be every time he pulled an item from his dimension and utilized it in combat....that would be a lot of spreads to hunt down. I feel as if the ones I've provided are more than enough evidence to support the claim that both Kamui's can be used in conjunction to create a double Kamui on a fixed location without needing physical contact.

Eric

• View Profile
Re: Re: Attention Participants in SWF, the Battle Royal for the Gedo
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 09:58:20 PM »

Dato, a brand new thread, even with same title, would have been more appropiate. As a mod I must say that the conversation would be much cleaner that way, or a new thread  where all disagreements and judge decisions would be transparently talked about.

As a judge, I would like to remind you that moderation has nothing to do with it since, to my knowledge, you two haven't gone at it like a Bockay fight.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 10:15:27 PM »

Dato, a brand new thread, even with same title, would have been more appropiate. As a mod I must say that the conversation would be much cleaner that way, or a new thread  where all disagreements and judge decisions would be transparently talked about.

As a judge, I would like to remind you that moderation has nothing to do with it since, to my knowledge, you two haven't gone at it like a Bockay fight.

Better? :P

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 10:20:41 PM »

Yes, young grasshopper. With great power comes great responsibility. Going around unlocking and posting in other peoples threads is not really responsible. :P

Anyways, I am going to let Athos post next so that all three of us are clear on what is still an issue and what has been nipped.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 10:25:14 PM »

Yes, young grasshopper. With great power comes great responsibility. Going around unlocking and posting in other peoples threads is not really responsible. :P

Anyways, I am going to let Athos post next so that all three of us are clear on what is still an issue and what has been nipped.

Yay, I'm learning! Forgive me, sensei. I did not know. I shall do better next time!

Also, these posts can be deleted so we can stick to the convo at hand.

Hazama

• View Profile
Re: Attention Participants in SWF, the Battle Royal for the Gedo
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 10:26:33 PM »

Ok before we go at the vagaries of Kamui I'd like to settle the more pressing matter first. Dart's attack is grounds for disqualification.

Failure to abide by the universal void list will result in a automatic disqualification.

Is the rule and that void list includes

Claiming to use an "undodgable/unavoidable/unblockable" attack

Here is Dart's description of his double Kamui

"Dart did not display any negative emotion in his activation of his technique as he was remaining in control of his emotions so there wasn't a chance for Athos to detect the activation via Negative Emotions. His chakra presence is also masked due to his prior buffs, so Athos can't detect the buildup of chakra in his eyes. The only real way he would have known about the attack is when it hit and then his torso would be gone. His brain would continue for a brief moment of time before shutting down and in that time, he would know that even a God can fall."

"The only real way he would have known about the attack is when it hit and then his torso would be gone."

His post explicitly says that the only thing I will perceive about his attack is it killing me. There is no "attempts to" no "Perhaps, maybe, if he's unable to dodge" just you can't sense this attack and now you are dead. That is an unavoidable move and I believe Dart should be disqualified as the rules specify immediate disqualification for a failure to abide by the void list.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2017, 10:39:47 PM »

Ok before we go at the vagaries of Kamui I'd like to settle the more pressing matter first. Dart's attack is grounds for disqualification.

Failure to abide by the universal void list will result in a automatic disqualification.

Is the rule and that void list includes

Claiming to use an "undodgable/unavoidable/unblockable" attack

Here is Dart's description of his double Kamui

"Dart did not display any negative emotion in his activation of his technique as he was remaining in control of his emotions so there wasn't a chance for Athos to detect the activation via Negative Emotions. His chakra presence is also masked due to his prior buffs, so Athos can't detect the buildup of chakra in his eyes. The only real way he would have known about the attack is when it hit and then his torso would be gone. His brain would continue for a brief moment of time before shutting down and in that time, he would know that even a God can fall."

"The only real way he would have known about the attack is when it hit and then his torso would be gone."

His post explicitly says that the only thing I will perceive about his attack is it killing me. There is no "attempts to" no "Perhaps, maybe, if he's unable to dodge" just you can't sense this attack and now you are dead. That is an unavoidable move and I believe Dart should be disqualified as the rules specify immediate disqualification for a failure to abide by the void list.

Except you posted the EXACT same way and thing with your death balls.

But that wasn't all, thanks to the fact that he had known exactly where everyone had been, Athos would have known where to send the blasts so that they threatened everyone on the battlefield beneath him. A total of twenty-five blasts of Senjutsu, Bijuu enhanced dust release balls would have come swarming towards Kamui Uchiha, Taumaster, Jay Nara, and Dart Terumi. But the attacks didn't just come from straight up, they came down and made sure to swarm each of the opponents, closing off a plethora of directional escapes that they could make. Seeing the bolt of lightning that would hit Kamui should catch him off guard, with Taumaster's attack and Dart's own furthering it into an acid mist sort of thing, the blasts came around and down, from the sides and behinds, as well as above. It aimed to litter him full of holes. But the same could be said about Taumaster and Jay, though they both had the most time to try and think of how they would defend themselves before the blasts came from all angles and tried to turn them into Swiss as well. That only left Dart, who was airborne but the closest to Athos and the attacks, which aimed to come down and around the man so to close off his escape and almost chase him towards the ground like a falling cage before he would meet a gruesome death like the lot of them. With this attack, though it never worked the way anyone wanted, Athos hoped to end this Free For All.

It's exactly the same way you word your techniques in everything you do, especially this passage. So then you should be on grounds for disqualification as well. <<

Kamui itself is not an unavoidable move. There was plenty of ways to avoid it. It just so happens that in this particular instance, your guard was down and it launched at such a high speed that it would hit.

Though, if you are God you claim to be, then utilizing your Deadzone Creation would *gasp* nullify it as it would cease all chakra in the zone. Wait..did I just tell you how to beat it? Damn, must mean that it ain't unavoidable/undetectable/undodgable.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2017, 10:46:53 PM »

But the same could be said about Taumaster and Jay, though they both had the most time to try and think of how they would defend themselves before the blasts came from all angles and tried to turn them into Swiss as well. That only left Dart, who was airborne but the closest to Athos and the attacks, which aimed to come down and around the man so to close off his escape and almost chase him towards the ground like a falling cage before he would meet a gruesome death like the lot of them. With this attack, though it never worked the way anyone wanted, Athos hoped to end this Free For All.

It explicitly say there would be time for them to defend themselves and that though I hope to kill everyone attacks don't always work out the way you want them to.

Also the fact that your suggested counter is I meta-game and use Deadzone for no reason to negate an attack I cannot perceive until after it was already killed me is just further evidence of how god mod it is.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2017, 10:52:10 PM »

But the same could be said about Taumaster and Jay, though they both had the most time to try and think of how they would defend themselves before the blasts came from all angles and tried to turn them into Swiss as well. That only left Dart, who was airborne but the closest to Athos and the attacks, which aimed to come down and around the man so to close off his escape and almost chase him towards the ground like a falling cage before he would meet a gruesome death like the lot of them. With this attack, though it never worked the way anyone wanted, Athos hoped to end this Free For All.

It explicitly say there would be time for them to defend themselves and that though I hope to kill everyone attacks don't always work out the way you want them to.

Also the fact that your suggested counter is I meta-game and use Deadzone for no reason to negate an attack I cannot perceive until after it was already killed me is just further evidence of how god mod it is.

Not for Dart. You allowed no room for him to dodge by the way you explicitly wrote it. <<

Dont you have your Way of the Fist training that 'slows down time'?
Did you forget that Kamui creates a time-space barrier first which then absorbs the item in question?

Are you saying that your Way of the Fist training would not be able to comprehend that your body is caught in a barrier that you've seen before and then utilize your failsafe tech to prevent it from being sucked away?

EDIT: If your Way of the Fist is faster than a lightning bolt speed, then it surely would be able to detect a barrier on your body. Surely.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 10:53:07 PM by Dāto Terumī »

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2017, 10:53:24 PM »

I don't really see how this is even an argument, the move is an auto-hit. Dart did not take advantage of anything Athos was doing. His guard isn't down he's literally in Sage Mode using Mind's Eye of the Kagura, he couldn't be more on guard, the attack is just completely imperceptible regardless of that.

Like he said there's no way anyone could avoid an attack they can't perceive until after it has killed them without meta-gaming something to preempt it. I also agree the move is grounds for disqualification.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2017, 10:58:28 PM »

Whoa, why was my name dropped? I dodged the attack >.> and know how Athos could dodge this one.

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2017, 11:01:01 PM »

Saying my attack surrounds you and leaves you no room to physically move out of the way is not a god mod unavoidable move.

Saying I'm dead before I know you attacked me and there's nothing I could do about it despite having all my sensory abilities active is an unavoidable move.

It's really not complicated.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2017, 11:01:42 PM »

Not for Dart. You allowed no room for him to dodge by the way you explicitly wrote it. <<

Dont you have your Way of the Fist training that 'slows down time'?
Did you forget that Kamui creates a time-space barrier first which then absorbs the item in question?

Are you saying that your Way of the Fist training would not be able to comprehend that your body is caught in a barrier that you've seen before and then utilize your failsafe tech to prevent it from being sucked away?

EDIT: If your Way of the Fist is faster than a lightning bolt speed, then it surely would be able to detect a barrier on your body. Surely.

Only edit is adding the color to highlight the passages Athos completely glanced over.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 11:04:06 PM by Dāto Terumī »

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2017, 11:02:28 PM »

Whoa, why was my name dropped? I dodged the attack >.> and know how Athos could dodge this one.

Thank you, sir.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2017, 11:06:52 PM »

So your argument is that you can write an attack that is completely god mod and it's my responsibility to find a way to avoid it anyway and retroactively make it fair? That doesn't make any sense.

As it's written now it's an unavoidable attack and that's against the rules.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 16 queries.