Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Re: Attention Participants in SWF, the Battle Royal for the Gedo  (Read 16018 times)

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
Re: Attention Participants in SWF, the Battle Royal for the Gedo
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2017, 12:39:37 AM »

I'm locking this thread until Eric makes his reply.
He has permission to unlock it. But only he.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2017, 12:45:16 AM »

Ok Eric counter this move for me then.

"I Kamui your torso away. The first thing you would perceive about this attack is that your torso is gone and you are dead."

So please, since it's a fair move tell me how you'd counter that.

Athos, I have already explained the reasoning why that is not the procession of events in the actual posting.

I will humor you and say that if Eric were in your actual situation, so high in the air with dragon sage mode active and Kokuo's chakra cloak still, I would use this:

Time was of the essence indeed, for as his opponent activated Kamui, Eric would still be in the midst of his demolitions attempt (at the withdrawing kunai stage). With sage mode, the man would pick up on the distortion of space, and adjust his throw so that his throw would block the line of sight that his opponent had on his knee. In essence, rather than taking his knee then, his foe would take only a single explosively tagged kunai before Eric let loose his throw.

This adjustment was noted to be possible and prepared for in the previous post; nonetheless, once realizing that his opponent had the likes of Kamui in his arsenal from the chakra forming the space distortion, Eric leaped backwards a few feet, likely thwarting or at least reducing the effectiveness of any adjustments that his own quarry would have made once realizing Eric's counter...

As a basis to state that every moment was crucial. However, since the timeframe is 1/2 a second before the Kamui is finished, then I would have to take advantage of everything before that exact moment. Adjusting for what I have in my arsenal compared to yours and the scenario as again dictated by my ruling post:

Now, had Dato executed his attack the moment that Eric had emerged through the clouds, perhaps he would have the shadow dragon man like fish in a barrel. However, he had instead waited until after he finished his attack to begin. What Eric would know, upon starting his attack, was that the most slippery of his quarries had decided to come join him in the troposphere. One would think it pointless, then, to continue launching the balls of molten disintegration down towards Dato.

Not the case, for there was one thing that Dato had not considered; though sending the balls down to Dato's last known location would unwittingly send the man into a dodging frenzy, Eric would manfiest a legion of leaves from seemingly thin air, all of which would start by surrounding Eric and then spreading outwards in an attempt to locate his quarry, who would be tangible enough to be felt by the leaves (again, ruling out Kamui intangibility using shadow imitation sensory, a similar vein which Athos would have mind's eye determine that Dato was solid via the raindrops).

This would also block Dato's eyesight of Eric, including his torso, large and well built as it was, due to the sheer density of the leaves that bore his chakra signature. A cover that was meant to mimick the Hidden mist technique in effectiveness, and force this quarry to either reveal himself with a more telling jutsu or retreat out of the range of the leaves. Either way, Dato would need to either think twice about tangling with the wind dragon  or come up with an approach that would deal with the leaves.

Athos' vision of only being able to dodge once Dato starts his attack is incorrect as far as my ruling goes, and so with that opinion I formulate my response. As the judge, my ruling on the matter is the one that would carry just short of another judge boot or something to that extreme, so that is how I replied.

Dart, seriously, take it easy with your new abilities. They are not to be used just whenever you feel like it, but when actually necessary.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2017, 12:57:49 AM »

Just drift lazily to the left... those are some expert maneuvers right there!

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2017, 01:00:18 AM »

Kakashi + Naruto vs Deidara should tell you that that wouldnt' be enough.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2017, 01:05:20 AM »

Ok Eric counter this move for me then.

"I Kamui your torso away. The first thing you would perceive about this attack is that your torso is gone and you are dead."

So please, since it's a fair move tell me how you'd counter that.

Athos, I have already explained the reasoning why that is not the procession of events in the actual posting.

I will humor you and say that if Eric were in your actual situation, so high in the air with dragon sage mode active and Kokuo's chakra cloak still, I would use this:

Time was of the essence indeed, for as his opponent activated Kamui, Eric would still be in the midst of his demolitions attempt (at the withdrawing kunai stage). With sage mode, the man would pick up on the distortion of space, and adjust his throw so that his throw would block the line of sight that his opponent had on his knee. In essence, rather than taking his knee then, his foe would take only a single explosively tagged kunai before Eric let loose his throw.

This adjustment was noted to be possible and prepared for in the previous post; nonetheless, once realizing that his opponent had the likes of Kamui in his arsenal from the chakra forming the space distortion, Eric leaped backwards a few feet, likely thwarting or at least reducing the effectiveness of any adjustments that his own quarry would have made once realizing Eric's counter...

As a basis to state that every moment was crucial. However, since the timeframe is 1/2 a second before the Kamui is finished, then I would have to take advantage of everything before that exact moment. Adjusting for what I have in my arsenal compared to yours and the scenario as again dictated by my ruling post:

Now, had Dato executed his attack the moment that Eric had emerged through the clouds, perhaps he would have the shadow dragon man like fish in a barrel. However, he had instead waited until after he finished his attack to begin. What Eric would know, upon starting his attack, was that the most slippery of his quarries had decided to come join him in the troposphere. One would think it pointless, then, to continue launching the balls of molten disintegration down towards Dato.

Not the case, for there was one thing that Dato had not considered; though sending the balls down to Dato's last known location would unwittingly send the man into a dodging frenzy, Eric would manfiest a legion of leaves from seemingly thin air, all of which would start by surrounding Eric and then spreading outwards in an attempt to locate his quarry, who would be tangible enough to be felt by the leaves (again, ruling out Kamui intangibility using shadow imitation sensory, a similar vein which Athos would have mind's eye determine that Dato was solid via the raindrops).

This would also block Dato's eyesight of Eric, including his torso, large and well built as it was, due to the sheer density of the leaves that bore his chakra signature. A cover that was meant to mimick the Hidden mist technique in effectiveness, and force this quarry to either reveal himself with a more telling jutsu or retreat out of the range of the leaves. Either way, Dato would need to either think twice about tangling with the wind dragon  or come up with an approach that would deal with the leaves.

Athos' vision of only being able to dodge once Dato starts his attack is incorrect as far as my ruling goes, and so with that opinion I formulate my response. As the judge, my ruling on the matter is the one that would carry just short of another judge boot or something to that extreme, so that is how I replied.

Dart, seriously, take it easy with your new abilities. They are not to be used just whenever you feel like it, but when actually necessary.

All of this.

And I thought it was necessary to lock it because we would just keep going back and forth and back and forth, eventually leading into a mud-slinging fight rather than constructive critiques and solid conversation.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2017, 01:10:25 AM »

...And I thought it was necessary to lock it because we would just keep going back and forth and back and forth, eventually leading into a mud-slinging fight rather than constructive critiques and solid conversation.

Dato, you are a moderator now. Athos was perfectly fine waiting for my reply along with Shadow and Jay; you are the only one who essentially told Athos: "No, you are just whining, you do not deserve a response".

You not posting and waiting for my response as well would have nipped this much less aggressively. If you want to talk more on it we can take this part of the discussion to PM's.

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2017, 01:14:09 AM »

Kakashi + Naruto vs Deidara should tell you that that wouldnt' be enough.

Lol, I know

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2017, 01:17:17 AM »

So you can't counter it is what you're saying. You need to retro-post an action before this imperceptible Kamui that kills you in .5 seconds and block it entirely incidentally. I mean that makes sense, no move is really unavoidable when you can just rp dodging them all by accident. Yeah that's about what I expected. As I said I'm satisfied now we can move on.

I said in my post, "Once he was above the clouds, Athos hands easily weaved three handseals and then threw themselves directly into the air as he released his jutsu."

So as soon as I breach the clouds I do my jutsu, so I don't know where Dart is getting this I didn't specify when I was doing it idea.

So since Dart's entire defense revolved around the fact that I didn't launch my attack until he was able to fly completely up after me and become undetectable again, thus making my attack completely blind firing against him, he should be struck by my attack instead.

He can fly yes but my movement is going to be much more explosive and quick. He said he would follow after me, meaning I've already jumped past him before he starts to move. Even if he's got his back up against the clouds I do my attack as soon as I breach them so since he doesn't follow me until after I've passed him this means logically he should be flying straight into my attack. He could have perhaps also breached the clouds right as the attack is launched point blank at him but since I would see the clouds part where he pushed through that would still allow me to rain the blasts down all around him and kill him.

Basically it should kill him since he couldn't be bothered to just Kamui through it like a normal person.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2017, 01:30:32 AM »

So you can't counter it is what you're saying. You need to retro-post an action before this imperceptible Kamui that kills you in .5 seconds and block it entirely incidentally. I mean that makes sense, no move is really unavoidable when you can just rp dodging them all by accident. Yeah that's about what I expected. As I said I'm satisfied now we can move on.

I said in my post, "Once he was above the clouds, Athos hands easily weaved three handseals and then threw themselves directly into the air as he released his jutsu."

So as soon as I breach the clouds I do my jutsu, so I don't know where Dart is getting this I didn't specify when I was doing it idea.

So since Dart's entire defense revolved around the fact that I didn't launch my attack until he was able to fly completely up after me and become undetectable again, thus making my attack completely blind firing against him, he should be struck by my attack instead.

He can fly yes but my movement is going to be much more explosive and quick. He said he would follow after me, meaning I've already jumped past him before he starts to move. Even if he's got his back up against the clouds I do my attack as soon as I breach them so since he doesn't follow me until after I've passed him this means logically he should be flying straight into my attack. He could have perhaps also breached the clouds right as the attack is launched point blank at him but since I would see the clouds part where he pushed through that would still allow me to rain the blasts down all around him and kill him.

Basically it should kill him since he couldn't be bothered to just Kamui through it like a normal person.

You never specified that you cast it as soon as you breached the clouds like a normal person would have stated. So, yeah, I'm going to pick apart your wording and make it suit me. If you wanted your jutsu blasted once you breached the clouds, then you would have said "as soon as he breaches the cloud, he uses his technique" but you didn't.

So I took it to assume that your momentum would keep you going up and having to come to a near stop as moving at the velocity that you state would mean your arms would be pinned to your side less you risk the possibility of having them ripped off by your own velocity.

Your leap isn't as quick as you'd like to believe when against someone who isn't truly affected my gravity like you are. You don't have any Gates open to augment your speed. A bijū cloak is just a shroud of chakra and Sage Mode just increases the strength of your jutsu. Yeah, you may be strong and fast, but Dart is as well as more nimble.

Dart also gained distance when he 'followed' Athos so the blast wouldn't even be remotely point-blank either. Specified the exact distance of 30 yards. Specified. Specifications.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2017, 01:35:13 AM »

So you can't counter it is what you're saying. You need to retro-post an action before this imperceptible Kamui that kills you in .5 seconds and block it entirely incidentally. I mean that makes sense, no move is really unavoidable when you can just rp dodging them all by accident. Yeah that's about what I expected. As I said I'm satisfied now we can move on...

It's not retropost Athos. Your post's actions ended with you sending the attack balls down. Dart does not attack until after he dodges your attack, in a timeframe beyond that of your original attack post. That is not retroposting.

You never specified that you cast it as soon as you breached the clouds like a normal person would have stated. So, yeah, I'm going to pick apart your wording and make it suit me. If you wanted your jutsu blasted once you breached the clouds, then you would have said "as soon as he breaches the cloud, he uses his technique" but you didn't.

So I took it to assume that your momentum would keep you going up and having to come to a near stop as moving at the velocity that you state would mean your arms would be pinned to your side less you risk the possibility of having them ripped off by your own velocity.

He said "once he breaches the clouds" which is close enough to "the moment he breaches the clouds". Not "after", but "once" he breaches the clouds. And I think it would take more than super fast velocity to tear off Athos' arms since he does have ultimate shield and all.

If you indeed keep 30 yards between the two of you at any time, then Athos would breach the cloud before you get through them, meaning that he can still sense your disturbance through the cloud and home in on you.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2017, 01:39:08 AM »

So you can't counter it is what you're saying. You need to retro-post an action before this imperceptible Kamui that kills you in .5 seconds and block it entirely incidentally. I mean that makes sense, no move is really unavoidable when you can just rp dodging them all by accident. Yeah that's about what I expected. As I said I'm satisfied now we can move on...

It's not retropost Athos. Your post's actions ended with you sending the attack balls down. Dart does not attack until after he dodges your attack, in a timeframe beyond that of your original attack post. That is not retroposting.

He said "once he breaches the clouds" which is close enough to "the moment he breaches the clouds". Not "after", but "once" he breaches the clouds. And I think it would take more than super fast velocity to tear off Athos' arms since he does have ultimate shield and all.

If you indeed keep 30 yards between the two of you at any time, then Athos would breach the cloud before you get through them, meaning that he can still sense your disturbance through the cloud and home in on you.

Nope. He states "once above".

There's not a time constraint meaning it was at the time of breaching nor is there one to support mine, either, truly.

He can state his intention was as soon as he breached it...but that isn't what he wrote. He wrote "once above" so I am allowed to interpret.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2017, 01:47:09 AM »

Nope. He states "once above"...

"Once you get done washing those dishes, make sure you sweep the floor."

That does not mean sweep the floor 5 hours later or even 10 minutes later than the moment you finish washing the dishes. That's not how that phrase works. I rule that Athos fired off the balls shortly after leaving the cloud cover.

Do the two of you just want a ruling on whether either of you are dead or not and whether or not a repost will be made, or will we be continuing with this point by point approach?

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2017, 01:51:21 AM »

I was saying your hypothetical counter was retroposting not Dart's post. But who cares.

"and Sage Mode just increases the strength of your jutsu."

Yeah Dart, does it? I must have forgotten about Throw a Giant Rhino 500 Feet in the Air no Jutsu.

I'm by far the physically strongest person on SL, let's see some of the claims that you guys accepted.

- Easily Strong enough to shatter Crystal Release.

- Easily Strong enough to shatter Ice Release.

- Strong enough to shatter Adamantium in a single punch, even at half strength.

- Athos can not only easily outclass Complete Body Susanoo, at half strength, but also shatter it as well. Making them pointless against his physical attacks.

- Can fight a whole week straight, without a single break, thanks to his absurdly high stamina.

- Can fight Bijuu to their defeat and has down so several times.

- Thanks to a seal of Athos' creation, Athos usually works at half of his total potential, though is still capable of all the things mentioned above.

http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Athos#Many_Notes

Now in Saiken Sage Mode that is multiplied by 7.5 times which I mentioned in my post. The idea that you're faster than me just using Light Weight Rock Technique is actually laughable.

Also the only way you're "interpreting" my post is by choosing to add details of your own creation. I said I'd jump through the clouds and once I was on the other side I'd launch my attack. That doesn't leave room for you to add "Actually Athos waited for an indeterminate amount of time before launching his attack."

If I rp, *Athos would open a door and step inside the room beyond. Once inside the room he would shout, "Free pickles for everyone!"*

Now according to you that can be interpreted as, *Athos would open a door and step inside the room beyond. Once inside he would stare blankly into the aether for 5 minutes before shouting, "Free pickles for everyone!"*
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2017, 01:52:43 AM »

Nope. He states "once above"...

"Once you get done washing those dishes, make sure you sweep the floor."

That does not mean sweep the floor 5 hours later or even 10 minutes later than the moment you finish washing the dishes. That's not how that phrase works. I rule that Athos fired off the balls shortly after leaving the cloud cover.

Do the two of you just want a ruling on whether either of you are dead or not and whether or not a repost will be made, or will we be continuing with this point by point approach?

....I would totally interpret that phrase otherwise. But that's because I'm a little shit to people who give me orders like that. 😈

I respect your ruling then and I won't argue against it.
Athos death balls fired as soon as he leaves the clouds then.

I am game for a call of death or a call for a repost.
Whatever option the judge wants to make, ill support, appreciate, and not argue against or ask stupid rhetorical questions either.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2017, 01:53:33 AM »

I was saying your hypothetical counter was retroposting not Dart's post. But who cares.

"and Sage Mode just increases the strength of your jutsu."

Yeah Dart, does it? I must have forgotten about Throw a Giant Rhino 500 Feet in the Air no Jutsu.

I'm by far the physically strongest person on SL, let's see some of the claims that you guys accepted.

- Easily Strong enough to shatter Crystal Release.

- Easily Strong enough to shatter Ice Release.

- Strong enough to shatter Adamantium in a single punch, even at half strength.

- Athos can not only easily outclass Complete Body Susanoo, at half strength, but also shatter it as well. Making them pointless against his physical attacks.

- Can fight a whole week straight, without a single break, thanks to his absurdly high stamina.

- Can fight Bijuu to their defeat and has down so several times.

- Thanks to a seal of Athos' creation, Athos usually works at half of his total potential, though is still capable of all the things mentioned above.

http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Athos#Many_Notes

Now in Saiken Sage Mode that is multiplied by 7.5 times which I mentioned in my post. The idea that you're faster than me just using Light Weight Rock Technique is actually laughable.

Also the only way you're "interpreting" my post is by choosing to add details of your own creation. I said I'd jump through the clouds and once I was on the other side I'd launch my attack. That doesn't leave room for you to add "Actually Athos waited for an indeterminate amount of time before launching his attack."

If I rp, *Athos would open a door and step inside the room beyond. Once inside the room he would shout, "Free pickles for everyone!"*

Now according to you that can be interpreted as, *Athos would open a door and step inside the room beyond. Once inside he would stare blankly into the aether for 5 minutes before shouting, "Free pickles for everyone!"*

I don't acknowledge any of those claims, actually. Good try though.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 17 queries.