Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: More SWF Stuff  (Read 5104 times)

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
Re: More SWF Stuff
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2017, 04:23:43 AM »

Soo.... I can post now?

I don't see why not since you're not really effected by this IC anyway. Worst comes to worst my post will take place just like I wrote it but while falling since I'd drop the chakra platforms over Sage Mode. I shouldn't have to since Eric explicitly allowed Dart to continue maintaining 4 actions a turn but we shall see.

I'll look it over one more time and if Eric says yes, I'll go ahead with the post.

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2017, 04:24:53 AM »

Soo.... I can post now?

I don't see why not since you're not really effected by this IC anyway. Worst comes to worst my post will take place just like I wrote it but while falling since I'd drop the chakra platforms over Sage Mode. I shouldn't have to since Eric explicitly allowed Dart to continue maintaining 4 actions a turn but we shall see.

I explained it in my edit. Please check.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2017, 04:37:39 AM »

If your rain is no longer under your control and not draining your chakra then it should have a turn limit until it dissipates, it can't just rain chakra absorbing acid forever. Though I am looking at the post where you did the rain jutsu and not noticing anything indicative of what you're claiming. So if you could show me the part where you posted that I'd appreciate that. Not noticing anything about that on your wiki page for it either.

http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Boil_Release:_Acid_Rain_Technique

Same with Light Weight Rock technique. If it requires no input from you it would have a limited time because you only put so much chakra into the technique. Which I do not see you having mentioned either. Unless you're suggesting the effects are permanent which I don't think is realistic since in spite of the comparison it is not a Fuinjutsu.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2017, 04:44:51 AM »

If your rain is no longer under your control and not draining your chakra then it should have a turn limit until it dissipates, it can't just rain chakra absorbing acid forever. Though I am looking at the post where you did the rain jutsu and not noticing anything indicative of what you're claiming. So if you could show me the part where you posted that I'd appreciate that. Not noticing anything about that on your wiki page for it either.

http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Boil_Release:_Acid_Rain_Technique

Same with Light Weight Rock technique. If it requires no input from you it would have a limited time because you only put so much chakra into the technique. Which I do not see you having mentioned either. Unless you're suggesting the effects are permanent which I don't think is realistic since in spite of the comparison it is not a Fuinjutsu.

You're right, I didn't post a turn limit because I figured someone who have tried to disrupt it already. Either way, i have it ending next turn in my head with my next evasion.

As for my wikia page, that shouldn't be necessary to include as you can literally pull up 100 other techniques from the actual Naruto wikia and see that they don't have turn limits either in their duration. That's a moot point entirely and you trying to impose your own opinion and theory on it. That's character control and I won't have that. Just like you didn't like me messing with my interpretation of your jutsu. Moot point again.

Also, y'all keep saying that it's chakra absorbing and I never once said it carried that property. That's an entirely different technique. It's chakra dissolving. Like how the Skilled Mist Technique is.

It is, in fact, a permanent application until you counteract with its partner ability.

EDIT: Again, I'm not going to sit here and argue with you all night so stop wasting my time.

It's for Eric to make a call and that's final.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 04:45:59 AM by Dāto Terumī »

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2017, 05:05:05 AM »

Dart I don't think you know how to zone fight even a little bit. You don't know what an auto-hit or character control is.

I'm not character controlling you, I'm asking where you wrote this claim of yours and since your answer is "No where." then it didn't happen. Unless you say otherwise I have to assume any jutsu that is continuous over multiple posts drains your chakra the whole time just like sitting there constantly breathing fire would. So according to your own posts at the very least you've been maintaining three jutsu this whole time, dipping into 4 whenever you did something else, since of course it's just your opinion that the Earth jutsu is permanent.

If you want to stop wasting time you could always cut out the middle man and concede that you're dead.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2017, 05:11:01 AM »

:-? If I told you that you not challenging his action-limit last post was the reason, would you still consider it unfair? Either way, I'll explain more of my reasoning:

~ The skin hardening Doton technique I do not count against the action count, similar to how I do not count lightning release armor post-turn of activation as an action. Same for the Mujin technique. I did not count the acid rain technique either because it automatically drains at his chakra, he is not manipulating it any further at this point.

~ After the turn of activation, I would not count you leaving your space-time negation barrier up as an action.

~ If you summoned Saiken and then he gathered the natural energy, if I were to rule on whether that's an action or not, I would rule that it is. However, unless I"m brought in for a ruling and its explicitly mentioned as a problem in the post, I am not going to tamper with the action post counting of the zoners.

With that last statement said though, for future (not this) rulings, I would like the participants to explain how they count actions so that if I am needed in the future I can rule in a manner consistent with how the majority of you view actions.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2017, 05:19:04 AM »

Eric you're contradicting yourself because in your previous decision you said,

"You are not allowed to add another augumentation to your mobility/stealth kit without releasing one of the ones that you have, as it really to me skirts the boundary between reasonable and "ridiculous" at this point, especially given that you wanted to perform a double eyed kamui while maintaining 4 other separate jutsu (not states, not modes, jutsu) at the same time. If you want a review on which ones (none of which I noticed to have been released) are the acid rain, the earth spear, the lightweight rock, and the Mujin technique."

You already agreed with me that he was using 4 jutsu and Dart has said that actively maintaining jutsu costs an action which is why, according to him, he could only do one thing a turn. So if you let him maintain 4 actions a turn then I should be able to do the same thing, even though I'm only doing three since Saiken is a separate entity acting completely of its own will just like a summon or shadow clone.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2017, 05:27:42 AM »

...You already agreed with me that he was using 4 jutsu and Dart has said that actively maintaining jutsu costs an action which is why, according to him, he could only do one thing a turn. So if you let him maintain 4 actions a turn then I should be able to do the same thing, even though I'm only doing three since Saiken is a separate entity acting completely of its own will just like a summon or shadow clone.

I never stipulated that maintaining a jutsu costs an action. That would mean I would need to take into account your Mind's Eye as an "action" as you are no doubt still using it, which in my opinion would be silly.

I have already made a ruling on this latest post; I am not changing my mind on the action post for this decision. A consensus on what an action means needs to be reached among the participants so that next decision we can skip the explanation and get to the counting, but for this decision it's done.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2017, 05:30:53 AM »

Alright, that's fine. So my post would be the same except I would not make the chakra platforms and by the end would be falling due to the end of my upward ascent. Basically nothing changes.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2017, 05:32:30 AM »

Locking the thread now.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2017, 05:37:11 AM »

Alright, that's fine. So my post would be the same except I would not make the chakra platforms and by the end would be falling due to the end of my upward ascent. Basically nothing changes.

Dato has 1 second to deal with the incoming attacks, and IF on the off-chance he has an automatic heal tech that instantly stops the bleeding you cannot track him (IE, can't home in on him, though you can continue to have them sent via his last known trajectory). And you don't make your platforms.

Yeah, your post doesn't change much since the action you take away is the chakra platform jutsu.

Honestly, I will keep my ruling rather short this time, promise:

1) Athos' balls can go after and follow Dart due to the blood spillage from the loss of the arm (unless he has some sort of automatic healing that instantly stops any bleeding) and send them in Dart's general direction due to the disturbance caused by him getting clipped by some of them. In my original notepad there was more with conditions and criteria and such, but I am going to leave it as Dato has 1 second to react before being shredded. Since he has already reposted once, if he fails to evade/counter/make a move ruled valid on his next go around, then he is dead by being shredded by the balls.

2) The manga suggests that you can see while using techniques that bend the light around you to make you invisible (chameleon technique, mujin, Jiraiya's transparency technique being pointless for spying on nude ladies if he can't see while using it) so, handwaived.

3) Saiken is not a summon nor a clone. I am of the group that believes in 3 actions per turn including that of summons and clones, but even so, Saiken is a tailed beast inside of you, not summoned out on the battlefield. No natural energy gathering from Saiken this round unless you want to remove one of your other actions from your post.

Edit: Do not lock the thread, I still want to hear from all of the contestants what they think action posting is for future rulings.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 05:38:15 AM by Eric »

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2017, 05:39:47 AM »

Dato has 1 second to deal with the incoming attacks, and IF on the off-chance he has an automatic heal tech that instantly stops the bleeding you cannot track him (IE, can't home in on him, though you can continue to have them sent via his last known trajectory). And you don't make your platforms.

Yeah, your post doesn't change much since the action you take away is the chakra platform jutsu.

Honestly, I will keep my ruling rather short this time, promise:

1) Athos' balls can go after and follow Dart due to the blood spillage from the loss of the arm (unless he has some sort of automatic healing that instantly stops any bleeding) and send them in Dart's general direction due to the disturbance caused by him getting clipped by some of them. In my original notepad there was more with conditions and criteria and such, but I am going to leave it as Dato has 1 second to react before being shredded. Since he has already reposted once, if he fails to evade/counter/make a move ruled valid on his next go around, then he is dead by being shredded by the balls.

2) The manga suggests that you can see while using techniques that bend the light around you to make you invisible (chameleon technique, mujin, Jiraiya's transparency technique being pointless for spying on nude ladies if he can't see while using it) so, handwaived.

3) Saiken is not a summon nor a clone. I am of the group that believes in 3 actions per turn including that of summons and clones, but even so, Saiken is a tailed beast inside of you, not summoned out on the battlefield. No natural energy gathering from Saiken this round unless you want to remove one of your other actions from your post.

Edit: Do not lock the thread, I still want to hear from all of the contestants what they think action posting is for future rulings.

It would be better to make a new thread that isn't cluttered up with this argument. That way it can start brand new and fresh.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2017, 05:41:10 AM »

All right, but make sure you and Athos restate your opinions on action posts in that new thread.

I'll make it.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 23 queries.