Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Author Topic: SWF - Votes and Polls -  (Read 2528 times)

Eric

• View Profile
SWF - Votes and Polls -
« on: February 02, 2017, 05:44:55 AM »

As the title states, this thread will be for the Free for all participants to take votes on things. The first thing I want to see is where all of the participants stand regarding what counts against the commonly held 3-action limit, and if clones/summons get their own limit or share the original's/summoner's limit.

Though I hold a particular view that all of the player's characters/summons/clones etc. in that post share the 3 action limit, and that activations and manipulations (direction, shape, magnitude, anything but just upkeep with chakra drain) I want to hear the other participant's thoughts on this so that I can rule more along those majority lines next time around. If it comes again anyways.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
Re: SWF - Votes and Polls -
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 06:06:07 AM »

3 Actions per individual
-Clones, Summons, Bijū, and Fissioned people utilize that same limit.

Activations and Manipulations use up an action.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 06:11:45 AM »

As I mentioned before I go by summons, clones, any other entity getting its own three actions.

I guess now that I think about it most people don't count many things as actions after the fact but that would be ridiculous in most scenarios since most fights dont have our rule of no mad stacks. You could layer a dozen different jutsu on yourself that way which doesn't seem fair either. For this fight I suppose I have to agree with you and Dart and say it's just activation and manipulations.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 06:13:20 AM »

I always operated under the assumption that it was 3 actions for you and if you were to have a summon or create a clone, they'd get 1 action each while you still maintained your original 3... If that was the case, it'd kind of make having a clone pretty useless as you wouldn't really be able to do anything with them if they didn't have action counters for themselves.

But I do think the activation and manipulations sound familiar.

P.S Can I post now? I'm literally waiting to push that post button over here >.>
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 06:14:09 AM by JayJay »

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 07:42:03 AM »

Never really took into consideration action and manipulation. For me it's been 3 actions shared among the person and any summons/clones they might have. I guess in hindsight the aforementioned weren't included in actions.

Like Jay said having 3 actions shared makes clones and so on almost useless. At the same time however it keeps people from summoning 10 clones and get 13 actions in one turn. It needs to be kept that way.

So....to come to a sort of compromise...hopefully,

Three (3) actions per person. This is shared with any clones and summons.
One (1) manipulation/activation also shared with any clones and summons.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 10:04:58 PM »

I always went with the formula of three actions per individual, no sugar coating that fourth action and saying it is only counted towards that summon's/clone's action limit. The way that I see it. Clones and summons were never exempt in anyway and I always counted them towards the action limit.

Passive abilities is another matter entirely. Since a lot of us have passive abilities active at either at the start of the battle or right when it starts, however I don't know how everyone feels about counting the continuous activation of *any* passive ability towards the action limit. Thought that I brought this up now, before it becomes an issue in the future.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 10:07:20 PM by Camel »

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 11:25:00 PM »

I always went with the formula of three actions per individual, no sugar coating that fourth action and saying it is only counted towards that summon's/clone's action limit. The way that I see it. Clones and summons were never exempt in anyway and I always counted them towards the action limit.

Passive abilities is another matter entirely. Since a lot of us have passive abilities active at either at the start of the battle or right when it starts, however I don't know how everyone feels about counting the continuous activation of *any* passive ability towards the action limit. Thought that I brought this up now, before it becomes an issue in the future.

In my eyes, a passive ability is something you can't turn on or off, thus have no real control over it. It's just something that's happening, whether by design or some other thing. Like when we have a Dojutsu active. Do we count that towards the overall action limit? No, because it falls into that activation and rendered passive category. Now, if you do something with it, Amaterasu or Genjutsu, that goes into manipulation and costs an action.

That's only obvious. Otherwise we'd have to count breathing as an action. Seeing with our eyes as an action. Hearing. Feeling. Smelling. Sensing, in general, as individual actions. We don't, because they're passive.

I'm gonna use Dart's Earth Spear as an example. I treat that as passive, how it is right now. Because, he hasn't had a reason to fiddle with it. It hasn't been harmed, not counting losing an arm, but I mean he hasn't had a reason to repair any damage to it. And obviously he's trained it to such a degree that's he's able to hold it for pretty much as long as he pleases. So, he has the expertise to not need a lot of chakra to sustain the technique.

Just like with you and your sensing barrier. Once it's up, you don't fiddle with it and thus it's passive. You're trained up, so you don't have to worry about wasting chakra with it.

Tau, with his bone armor, I'm sure he's got some super hard bones layered under his skin. He doesn't need to constantly put chakra into it, because he's already mastered it.

Athos, with being an asshole. That's passive, I mean, it's there, pretty much nothing we can do about that. Lmao, but seriously, that way of the fist, it's there because he's trained himself to have it just be an all the time sort of thing.

We can all focus on those passive abilities to remind the others and ourselves, that they're a thing, but that shouldn't count as an action. With this being a word based thing, we need to remind people of what's happening with the best of our abilities.

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2017, 12:03:58 AM »

Never really took into consideration action and manipulation. For me it's been 3 actions shared among the person and any summons/clones they might have. I guess in hindsight the aforementioned weren't included in actions.

Like Jay said having 3 actions shared makes clones and so on almost useless. At the same time however it keeps people from summoning 10 clones and get 13 actions in one turn. It needs to be kept that way.

I feel like if you wanted to summon ten clones and give them each 3 actions for 33 actions total that would be fair since they'd have very little chakra to actually do anything with. And then your opponent just needs to do something that hits anyone, if they're a Rinnegan user they get this for free with Shinra Tensei, and then all your clones are destroyed and you're stuck with 1/11th your total chakra. Pretty even risk/reward to me.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2017, 12:19:26 AM »

Passive abilities only need to be activated. Shouldn't take an action to keep it going.....hence the word passive.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2017, 12:40:28 AM »

I feel like if you wanted to summon ten clones and give them each 3 actions for 33 actions total that would be fair since they'd have very little chakra to actually do anything with. And then your opponent just needs to do something that hits anyone, if they're a Rinnegan user they get this for free with Shinra Tensei, and then all your clones are destroyed and you're stuck with 1/11th your total chakra. Pretty even risk/reward to me.

Unless the functional chakra of that character is closer to infinity, or we have a 9-tails host doing that kind of thing. 1/11 is still not that bad at the start of a battle for a high chakra jinch if the series is anything to go by.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2017, 12:51:58 AM »

Unless the functional chakra of that character is closer to infinity, or we have a 9-tails host doing that kind of thing. 1/11 is still not that bad at the start of a battle for a high chakra jinch if the series is anything to go by.

I still think it's not a big deal with how easy they are to disperse.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2017, 01:58:04 AM »

Honestly I don't count passive abilities towards the action limit and only count them as an action, if they become deactivated/interrupted and have to be re-activated again.

Quote from: Athos

You have to remember that not all of Naruto's clones were destroyed by Shinra Tensei and you can stack clones against each other to buffer the force that you would've sent you flying. Once the clones dispersed, you received that chakra back that you use to make them and this mean you would be stuck 1/11th of your total chakra prior to being hit with a Shinra Tensei. If anything, the risk is still rewarding since that spent chakra will always return back to you as you stated.

So like Shadow said, there has to be some middle ground where we can compromise on this. We might want to start a vote soon enough to confirm the action limit and get that out of the way, before we move onto anything else.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2017, 02:10:57 AM »

Except that the Six Paths Powers are explicitly weaker when channeled through the Paths of Pain, which no one does, and I checked the scene where Naruto does that and stopped counting the clones he used to resist the jutsu once I got to 30. If it took over 30 clones to resist the weaker Shinra Tensei it's not really a viable strategy. Also as far as I remember we always rp'd that you lose the chakra if the clone is destroyed by your opponent since if there was no loss possible there'd be no reason not to always have 10 shadow clones. I believe some people also said if you disperse them yourself you only get half the chakra back, based on the logic that some chakra must be gone entirely to account for the clones creation.

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 16 queries.