Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Tori no Kuni SL RP Event  (Read 10661 times)

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
Re: Tori no Kuni SL RP Event
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2017, 06:50:59 AM »

This is why it'd be easier to not base it off of ranks as they don't mean much, and instead points. And, I vote for my system obvs.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2017, 06:57:52 AM »

But how would you determine how many points everyone has? Or are you just going to give everyone the same amount of chakra points for balance purposes?
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2017, 06:59:30 AM »

Chakra has always been a difficult subject every time it's brought up. Like http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8853.0.html and http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8891.0.html

The problem with setting different chakra limits with each rank is what exactly determines one's rank?

In my proposal, everyone gets the same base points to work with. What determines thier rank in "chakra" is their own choice, with their choice of buff helping decide where a few extra points gets distributed.

In Nathan's system, everyone is given a set amount of points to distribute through their stats (much like mine). Both of our systems avoid using only qualitative information because that would defeat the purpose of stats if they were all qualitative.

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2017, 07:11:59 AM »

What Eric said yeah. I was unaware that his system was also based on points -- for chakra specifically -- as I saw ranks in there when I skimmed it, but yeah. People distribute their points and get a set amount of chakra to use. If we take it further, then they also pick a set amount of Jutsu to use as wee and, in my system at least, I give the Jutsu chakra costs based on their Ninjutsu star.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 07:14:21 AM by Nathan »

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2017, 09:58:16 PM »

Benefit of being a SL Kage means I get the 'kage' rank regardless of whatever restriction of rank they try to pull
<_<
>_>
<_<

To be honest, I don't think many people have considered the true limits of their chakra in RP like Tomi. It's usually 'I'm going to make this next super attack take the rest of my chakra' that one tends to define how much they have in a zone fight and what not.

Personally, I think it'd be a tad interesting if people actively thought of their chakra limit and used less jutsu as a result/limiting them to more opportune moments like it was in the anime/manga for many of the shinobi within Naruto.
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Iburi Ray

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2017, 05:33:18 AM »

would like his done by Eric >_>
“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2017, 05:47:55 AM »

I don't see why for the sake of the rp arc ranks couldn't be assigned. It would make it more interesting to have all classes of shinobi ranks partaking.

Really we all are Jounin+ ranking more than likely.

I'd love to see there be some genin and chunnin level player though. We are limiting things so why not?

It is simply for the sake of this rp not something to stick.

Say we have 20 participants. 10 for each side. Assign ranks to number as such:
Tomi-Kage(it's his rp he isn't counted)
Pro-scroll-
1sannin
2jounin
3jounin
4chuunin
5chunnin
6chunnin
7genin
8genin
9genin
10genin
Anti scroll-
1sannin
2jounin
3jounin
4chunnin
5chunnin
6chunnin
7genin
8genin
9genin
10genin

Then put the ten name for 'pro' side in random generator and let it assign each player to a random number (same for other side). Whatever number your player gets assign shows what rank you will rp in respect to the rank beside number as shown above.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 20 queries.