Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Kayenta Replacement or Leave it Be?  (Read 6785 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Kayenta Replacement or Leave it Be?
« on: February 16, 2017, 12:29:14 AM »

While the Biju Council hasn't had much, well, Counciling to do in the past few weeks, a member has still stepped down and thus there is an empty space in the Council. We have an even number of Council Members, so do we want to have someone fill that spot or just leave it be?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Hazama

• View Profile
Re: Kayenta Replacement or Leave it Be?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 01:00:55 AM »

Also didn't Kamui go over the Jinchuriki ratio by getting the 0 Tails? Right now Trev Shadow and Kamui are Jinchuriki and it was supposed to only be two, right?

EDIT: And if we want to get technical, I stepped down to fix the ratio but if it is already broken... Then I should get the spot since I was the runner up?

Or we could hold a vote, I guess.....
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 01:17:38 AM by Athos »
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 02:44:20 AM »

Crazy thing is Kamui isn't a jinchuuriki. I have an alternate character that isn't in the council and happens to have the Zero-Tails. I just don't associate that character with this one, because one is different from the other and thier story lines are entirely different. <<

Trev and Shadow were the only two jinchuuriki that were seated within the council, when Guruguru came to possessed the Zero-Tails.

On to the subject at hand, I don't know of anyone other than Athos that want to fill the slot. There could be someone out that wants to volunteer, but I haven't seen anyone step up and volunteer their time on the council.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 03:02:24 AM »

Kamui... you're on the bijuu council. You the person. It doesn't exist IC, your character isn't on it, you are. Whether it's Kamui or your alt having a bijuu can still be a conflict of interests if we have too many Jinchuriki on it. >_> I do not think you could miss the point of that rule any harder if you tried.

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 03:12:50 AM »

Kamui... you're on the bijuu council. You the person. It doesn't exist IC, your character isn't on it, you are. Whether it's Kamui or your alt having a bijuu can still be a conflict of interests if we have too many Jinchuriki on it. >_> I do not think you could miss the point of that rule any harder if you tried.

Doesn't change the fact that I wasn't a jinchuuriki at the time when I arrived into the council seat. Unless you forgot about Shadow making that thread about Zero-Tails? ._____.;

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 03:15:45 AM »

Doesn't change the fact that I wasn't a jinchuuriki at the time when I arrived into the council seat. Unless you forgot about Shadow making that thread about Zero-Tails? ._____.;

Yeah I know. But you know what the ratio is supposed to be, knew we already had two Jinchuriki, and then went and got the 0 Tails anyway. So what is your point exactly? You don't get to ignore it because you were on the council first and then got a bijuu. Logically you should have had to step down to challenge for the 0 Tails since it would have put us over the limit.

By your logic everyone that wasnt a Jinchuriki when they were elected could get a bijuu and the whole council could be Jinchuriki.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 03:19:07 AM by Athos »

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2017, 03:28:25 AM »

He won't have it for much longer. :P

For a different topic anyways, yes? With the activity that the council is getting right now....none. I say we just leave the seat unfilled.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2017, 03:54:59 AM »

I'll have to agree with Athos on this one. It doesn't matter if the biju is on Guru, and it doesn't matter that it happened after. It still breaks the rule. This doesn't mean you step down, but it means you, Shadow, or I do. However, we can hold off that conversation slightly. If I lose to Kaze once Keito decides, the ratio is fixed.

I also say we replace the member. If someone is up to it. I would say Athos, but unless Kamui loses to Shadow, the council is once again in violation. If we were to leave it empty, one person will have to abstain every single vote. The foundation of rules is already barely in place, and the last thing we need is a 3-3 tie that would destroy the council. And I don't believe in scrambling to find a member just to break a tie, that would be chaos.

So yeah, I say we fill it. I'd say Athos should go up, but I've already been chastised of bending biju rules (the judge rule) so I don't have a leg to stand on. So we either find someone to fill it, or keep it at six and one person abstains every vote. Or Athos could be let in, pending the the Reibi fight and my fight.

Just my opinion anyway
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2017, 04:06:12 AM »

Let us see how all the fights turn out before we make any rash decision to fill the hole. Especially since the Council isn't being summoned to action.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2017, 04:08:55 AM »

Let us see how all the fights turn out before we make any rash decision to fill the hole. Especially since the Council isn't being summoned to action.

+1 that.

Also adding: Wasn't it the council who gave the beast to Kamui over me? We kinda did that without thinking about the rules, yeah?
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2017, 04:10:40 AM »

+1 that.

Also adding: Wasn't it the council who gave the beast to Kamui over me? We kinda did that without thinking about the rules, yeah?

Yes, that's exactly what happened.

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2017, 04:17:12 AM »

I am just using Zero-Tails as character development for Guruguru and my fight with Shadow is me testing the waters with those said abilities that devirved from Hiru. (Sorry for all of this, buddy. I'll post in our match tonight. ;))

However this doesn't change the fact that we are still without a seat open, the ratio is even. Which could result in a tie, should any issues arise that require council to vote on it.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2017, 04:25:54 AM »

I am just using Zero-Tails as character development for Guruguru and my fight with Shadow is me testing the waters with those said abilities that devirved from Hiru. (Sorry for all of this, buddy. I'll post in our match tonight. ;))

However this doesn't change the fact that we are still without a seat open, the ratio is even. Which could result in a tie, should any issues arise that require council to vote on it.

Either way, you, the player, is in possession of a bijū. That puts you in the same category as a Jinchūriki. Making the ratio off.

Since that topic never got enough juice behind it to change the ratio, we gotta stick with it.

As is, I still say we wait for the fights to resolve to see where we will be standing in our ratio and ranks.

I would suggest asking Eric to take the open seat as he is NOT in the running for any bijū so he would not disrupt the balance further if the jinc-non jinc ratio. If only as a temporary spot for a tie-breaker if the Council comes to a head as that.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2017, 04:26:19 AM »

To be fair, I think the council believed Kamui had his challenge in before you, so we'd have to give it to him, even if it would create far less chaos to give it to Shadow.

But the council needs to be a little better about policing themselves, Athos shouldn't have to bring up our ratio is wack.

But yeah, I'm with Dato and Shadow. Wait until the fights are over and decide. There is no council decision that needs to be made, so we have the leisure of time. If people want to be proactive, they can spread the word on SL a seat is open.

Only thing that would call for an election sooner rather than later would be if Kamui unleashes his proposed can of worms that he allegedly has. Although if you have evidence of tampering, idk why Athos reposting would halt that from being released. You either have evidence people cheating or you don't. Don't use it as a weapon to make someone post. If it's an ethical concern, and it violates some sort of rule, bring it here. In which case, we'll need to find another member before the vote. If you're not planning on releasing it, then we can wait everything out.

But yeah, it's unrelated, but I didn't want to comment on the fight thread. There is evidence of tampering or there isn't. Don't use it as a bargaining chip, that's messed up and unethical to both the fight and biju council. >>
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2017, 04:31:54 AM »

Adding the runner up to fill an opening is a rash decision? Vice-president to President if you will, seems pretty simple to me. Though honestly the community here seems to be under some condition where the simpler a decision is to make the more difficult making that decision becomes. So I fully expect this empty seat to cause more problems.

I'd like it filled as soon as possible, since leaving it open when the council could be called on at any time is really only asking for trouble, but that's just me.

@Trev: Gee does Kamui behave unethically? What a scoop! I'll get right on that one as soon as I finish this article I'm writing on this hot ticket new item called "Sliced Bread."

Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 17 queries.