Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Scripted Fights aka Fixing Bijuu Matches  (Read 10879 times)

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Re: Scripted Fights aka Fixing Bijuu Matches
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2017, 06:22:04 AM »

Unrelated, but I noticed it in the other topic. I actually like WWE :) I know it's all fake, but it's fun to watch. I haven't really watched it in several years, but I actually went to the live show when Eddie Gurerro sprayed the Big Show with that septic truck when I was a teen.

But I don't agree with 'scripted' matches completely. Sometimes, for story's sake, I think that there should be a 'winner' and 'loser'...But that can be used to build up a character via RP. Like a new guy goes after a bandit and gets beaten badly uses that experience to drive his character forward so that he can turn the tables when he challenges the bandit again. Or if I was playing a bad guy. Sure, I might win a few times, but I know I will have to lose eventually for the sake of the story. :)
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2017, 06:28:46 AM »

Handsome AND modest? Please ladies, form a single-file line, there's enough Camel to go around.

So yeah let's make a vote topic to limit all bijuu fights to 1v1 then.

It's attitudes like that that have been driving people away for years. Me included when I left back in 2010ish.

Hopefully, the new Boruto anime might bring a few new faces here...But if it stays they way it is, I don't see them lasting long <_<

I feel like you've missed a real opportunity here to make fun of Kamui for actively blackmailing me and then 5 minutes later acting like he is the paragon of all that is good on SL. Not telling you how to do your job but I feel like you misjudged that one.

I'm at the "Fiddling while Rome burns" level currently so I'm totally down for the site just shutting down. Things have "been the way they are" the whole time. What exactly would we be missing out on? Bad rp and being forced to interact with people you can't stand? Move over Elysian Fields.

It's the internet, we could all easily leave the site and keep in contact with people we actually like with next to no effort. Nothing here justifies staying we just all do it anyway.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2017, 06:32:57 AM »

If somebody doesn't hurry up and unlock the thread so I can do my thing >.<

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2017, 06:34:42 AM »

I'll leave that up to Eric to do.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2017, 06:35:46 AM »

Sorry, I didn't realize it was still locked. I'll get that.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2017, 06:36:06 AM »

Blackmail is nothing more than just taking a picture of someone who went fishing and snagged their own pants. I guess that he probably should have talked to the other staff members about it than airing it all out, but he had his own reason for doing what he did.

But man, that sucks to hear you have that kind of attitude about it. We all come here for some reason. Probably to splooge out creative juices out somewhere instead of playing a real MMO like Runescape &lt;_&lt; If you're here, shouldn't you at least care about the general state of things? Shouldn't you want to have fun with other people?

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2017, 06:36:44 AM »

I'll wait for Senpai to do his thing then... whoops nevermind, he saw it

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2017, 06:38:12 AM »

I'll wait for Senpai to do his thing then... whoops nevermind, he saw it

"Senpai" is waiting for your Valley of the End reply, unless you did it earlier today and I missed it.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2017, 06:40:55 AM »

So getting kind of off topic guys. :/
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2017, 06:46:04 AM »

So getting kind of off topic guys. :/

Right.

Basically, the Biju Council would be called upon to, rule on some sort of arbtirary punishment for going against the spirit of the FFA? Again, it's not against the rules, but it can be made one by a Community vote. However, the FFA would be unaffected by the latter since it would only take effect after the vote.

All joking aside, if this is seriously going to be done, then Ace, Hades, and Trev will need a cohesive statement to read so that they know what the heck is going on and what they are voting on. Additionally, if this is going to become a rule proposal, then a new topic in the Rules section concerning this matter should be created with about a week and a half's time for voting.

Oh, and the matter with the volunteer(s) for biju council fill ins. Shadow leaving opens will open up a beast spot and Kayenta's vacancy is still, vacant. However that is handled, that should probably be secondary to any Decision that needs to be made by the still in the Council members.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 06:47:11 AM by Eric »

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2017, 06:48:35 AM »

Blackmail is nothing more than just taking a picture of someone who went fishing and snagged their own pants. I guess that he probably should have talked to the other staff members about it than airing it all out, but he had his own reason for doing what he did.

But man, that sucks to hear you have that kind of attitude about it. We all come here for some reason. Probably to splooge out creative juices out somewhere instead of playing a real MMO like Runescape &lt;_&lt; If you're here, shouldn't you at least care about the general state of things? Shouldn't you want to have fun with other people?

I have fun with people. Bijuu fights are not fun and I'm not going to waste my time trying to make the SL equivalent of a root canal fun. It's a fool's errand.

As for caring about the site tried that for a good half decade, here we are now, pretty tired of wasting my time on that one.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2017, 06:55:44 AM »

Bijuu fights could be easily fixed with simple implementation of dice rolls. It might end with some players unhappy with the results, but it's better than having a judge decide who's post they like better.

And that's saddening to see, Athos :( I've not been here for as long as other players, but I try my best to make RP as enjoyable for the players involved as it is for me. I genuinely care about this place and the other players, as it's my only real outlet for my creativity and it wouldn't work without them. There's been times were it feels like I'm fighting a losing battle, but once the few problems are ironed out things went smooth again. I don't always agree with how people play, but I try and compromise as well. If you truly feel that way, why not just leave right now?
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2017, 06:59:16 AM »

Like I said Bec very few of us could really justify why we're here but here we are all the same.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2017, 07:03:57 AM »

If you get deeply involved in the matters of biju and get thrown into some really heated OOC situations, it can really take away your optimism regarding the site. That's why so many things biju are considered "toxic", to the point where even Tommi is like, "Wouldn't touch that with my susano'o sword wrapped up".

If you want to have fun in SL and keep your sanity, you gotta let go of that extremely competitive drive and its nasty habits, which is really hard to do in the RP aspect of this game when there are great stakes (biju, character lives, etc.). I stopped working on the IC rules not because I think that they would be unnecessary, but because I'd rather this domain be contained here than have the main site be the battlegrounds for them again.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 07:04:56 AM by Eric »

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2017, 07:04:19 AM »

This is the problem nowadays, not a care in the world. Athos clearly doesn't care if his actions negatively effect anyone else and collecting those bijuus are the only thing that pretty much keeps him going--despite all of this coming from a bad zone fighter. Which is absolutely hilarious that he said that I blackmailed him, when he went around cheating and that backfired in the most hilarious way--you reap what you sow.

At this rate, I guess everyone wants SL to turn into LoB. Banning everything to strictly one vs one fights isn't going to change a damn thing, because this type of shenanigans is going to happen behind closed doors--until someone speaks up and points out the hypocrisy of those accused.

I get it that no one likes to lose, everyone hates it. But it will happen, it's part of learning experience of becoming a better player. I learned that if you display that kind of attitude that Athos just shown, you're only going to shine yourself in a negative light. If you can't compromise and feel that your "way" is the only route to truly win at bijuu matches, then why are you here? You're hurting the growth of the community by only catering to those that you consider as your friends. Why not let a stranger take reigns sometimes? Bijuu are noting more than a bragging right to stroke one's ego and it's getting annoying to argue everything to death until you win that bijuu.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 07:16:43 AM by Camel »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 16 queries.