Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Scripted Fights aka Fixing Bijuu Matches  (Read 10894 times)

Hazama

• View Profile
Re: Scripted Fights aka Fixing Bijuu Matches
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2017, 07:23:08 AM »

Which is absolutely hilarious that he said that I blackmailed him, when he went around cheating and that backfired in the most hilarious way--you reap what you sow.

I did nothing wrong, everyone agreed with that, and I did not suffer negatively in any way? xD
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2017, 07:29:13 AM »

Which is absolutely hilarious that he said that I blackmailed him, when he went around cheating and that backfired in the most hilarious way--you reap what you sow.

I did nothing wrong, everyone agreed with that, and I did not suffer negatively in any way? xD

Glad you admit that despite trying to cheat, it didn't effect anyone except those that you attempted to pull that stunt on. Despite you living in your own fantasy world, where you didn't do anything wrong.

Not a surprise to me at all at this point and you don't see me laughing about it. If anything, you're showing your true colors at this point and it isn't pretty at all, lol.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2017, 07:38:54 AM »

I mean what Athos and Dart did wasn't really in the spirit of what the fight was supposed to be. However, there is no rule against it, and I'm fairly sure when this was discussed I noted the possibility of people teaming up. I figured it was going to happen and it did. But everyone wanted the FFA and you got what you wanted.

As for the other unrelated topic, SL is dying cause we're roleplaying off a manga that hasn't been super popular (In North America) for like a decade, and the main series is over. Also, I think a lot of SL's problems would be fixed if we had a strict disciplinary mod. I remember in the golden days of SL, it wasn't uncommon to get a mute for even being a little rude. Everyone is rude here cause there are no consequences. That would stop if mutes and bans were handed out more. Instead, everyone gets like 15+ warnings. In the old days, half of these cheap shot insults would have you muted like instantly. That's my two cents  anyway >>

But I'll attempt to help things. What are you asking for Kamui? Everyone else stop talking to each other and laying insults. As Eric said, if you want this to be a vote. Dart's already out, I think I saw Shadow say he was done with biju, so do you want Athos dq'd? Mazo given to Jay by default? Just publically acknowledge what happened was not appropriate? Make a rule to stop this in the future?

Help the remnants of the council help you. That goes for everyone, what do you want to see from SL/ the biju. I'm usually fairly nice, but only when you guys actually want real change will something be done. There are many solutions to the issues SL faces, it's not hard to be nice, I promise. Deep down you all want change, if not, just go hit the delete button, cause bickering ain't getting it done for a lot of you.

Anyway, I'll attempt to get the council restructured somewhat. So if this thread has a specific goal, state it plainly as Eric suggest and the council will vote. If not, just please lock it.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2017, 07:46:19 AM »

Glad you admit that despite trying to cheat, it didn't effect anyone except those that you attempted to pull that stunt on. Despite you living in your own fantasy world, where you didn't do anything wrong.

Not a surprise to me at all at this point and you don't see me laughing about it. If anything, you're showing your true colors at this point and it isn't pretty at all, lol.

I'm pretty sure doing something that everyone agreed I was allowed to do is the opposite of cheating. Trust me though if I knew you were going to cry about it so much I'd have just beaten you myself, like every other person whose ever fought you for a bijuu.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2017, 07:48:37 AM »

FYI:

Athos wanted the team to be Athos, Jay, Taumaster, and Dart Vs. Yūjō and Kamui.

I was ok with the Yūjō part.
I was never ok with the Kamui part.

I mean what Athos and Dart did wasn't really in the spirit of what the fight was supposed to be. However, there is no rule against it, and I'm fairly sure when this was discussed I noted the possibility of people teaming up. I figured it was going to happen and it did. But everyone wanted the FFA and you got what you wanted.

As for the other unrelated topic, SL is dying cause we're roleplaying off a manga that hasn't been super popular (In North America) for like a decade, and the main series is over. Also, I think a lot of SL's problems would be fixed if we had a strict disciplinary mod. I remember in the golden days of SL, it wasn't uncommon to get a mute for even being a little rude. Everyone is rude here cause there are no consequences. That would stop if mutes and bans were handed out more. Instead, everyone gets like 15+ warnings. In the old days, half of these cheap shot insults would have you muted like instantly. That's my two cents  anyway >>

But I'll attempt to help things. What are you asking for Kamui? Everyone else stop talking to each other and laying insults. As Eric said, if you want this to be a vote. Dart's already out, I think I saw Shadow say he was done with biju, so do you want Athos dq'd? Mazo given to Jay by default? Just publically acknowledge what happened was not appropriate? Make a rule to stop this in the future?

Help the remnants of the council help you. That goes for everyone, what do you want to see from SL/ the biju. I'm usually fairly nice, but only when you guys actually want real change will something be done. There are many solutions to the issues SL faces, it's not hard to be nice, I promise. Deep down you all want change, if not, just go hit the delete button, cause bickering ain't getting it done for a lot of you.

Anyway, I'll attempt to get the council restructured somewhat. So if this thread has a specific goal, state it plainly as Eric suggest and the council will vote. If not, just please lock it.

It would be nice to see a disciplinary mod but I believe that the only one who can do that is Ace. And he's been incredibly busy here lately.

I locked this because the insults and squabbling are picking up again.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 07:49:45 AM by Dāto Terumī »

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2017, 07:49:20 AM »

Also, I think a lot of SL's problems would be fixed if we had a strict disciplinary mod. I remember in the golden days of SL, it wasn't uncommon to get a mute for even being a little rude. Everyone is rude here cause there are no consequences. That would stop if mutes and bans were handed out more. Instead, everyone gets like 15+ warnings. In the old days, half of these cheap shot insults would have you muted like instantly. That's my two cents  anyway >>

If I was any more strict, then you would have those that will say that I abusing my moderator powers. Sad, isn't it? I can't even do my job without some sort of constructive criticism and bad rapport from the individual that I am punishing. I don't mind the criticism, but man I can't stand it when that person does something wrong and I am the bad guy for correcting that behavior.

But I'll attempt to help things. What are you asking for Kamui? Everyone else stop talking to each other and laying insults. As Eric said, if you want this to be a vote. Dart's already out, I think I saw Shadow say he was done with biju, so do you want Athos dq'd? Mazo given to Jay by default? Just publicly acknowledge what happened was not appropriate? Make a rule to stop this in the future?

As much as Jay would ecstatic to win by default, it will only result in him giving it away to Athos that way he can attempt to do what Bochhi failed to do. No, no, no. I want this to be implemented into a rule that will curb this sort of behavior from occurring.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2017, 07:54:41 AM »

Unlocked for Trev to reply to Kamui.

Please lock it after that discussion is over.

I'm going to bed. I suggest everyone else do the same so y'all can calm down.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2017, 08:07:01 AM »

Also, I think a lot of SL's problems would be fixed if we had a strict disciplinary mod. I remember in the golden days of SL, it wasn't uncommon to get a mute for even being a little rude. Everyone is rude here cause there are no consequences. That would stop if mutes and bans were handed out more. Instead, everyone gets like 15+ warnings. In the old days, half of these cheap shot insults would have you muted like instantly. That's my two cents  anyway >>

If I was any more strict, then you would have those that will say that I abusing my moderator powers. Sad, isn't it? I can't even do my job without some sort of constructive criticism and bad rapport from the individual that I am punishing. I don't mind the criticism, but man I can't stand it when that person does something wrong and I am the bad guy for correcting that behavior.

But I'll attempt to help things. What are you asking for Kamui? Everyone else stop talking to each other and laying insults. As Eric said, if you want this to be a vote. Dart's already out, I think I saw Shadow say he was done with biju, so do you want Athos dq'd? Mazo given to Jay by default? Just publicly acknowledge what happened was not appropriate? Make a rule to stop this in the future?

As much as Jay would ecstatic to win by default, it will only result in him giving it away to Athos that way he can attempt to do what Bochhi failed to do. No, no, no. I want this to be implemented into a rule that will curb this sort of behavior from occurring.

If that's the case Kamui, then I would hope you of all people could help for advocating a separate disciplinary mod. If you can't do it because of prexisting relationships, and Ace is busy, then SL is just running wild. That is highly irregular on most forum sites. So I don't know how anyone expects this site to work when the prisoners are running the prison. Cause I'd wager a fair amount of money, a majority of the people on this site, would shut up and triple check what they post on the forum if they faced like a week long mute and lost their biju/ fights. I bet a lot of people would pull a 180. So if you can't do it because people think you're tainted, and Ace is busy...well Neji or Ace need to find someone or nothing will change.

Anyway, on the more related note. So you're asking the council to implement a rule that would stop this sort of teaming up behavior? That's a fair and reasonable request, would probably get passed. Although if such a rule were put in place, it wouldn't have any effect on the current fight. So if you're asking for that, this thread can be locked and such a thing will be voted on as soon as the council is reconstructed. So unless I misunderstand the request, this is a wrap for now, and everyone should be focusing on voting on Neko/ trying to turn up some other candidates. As we would still be three short, two if Athos's gets in. 

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2017, 08:08:54 AM »

So again I ask, what if your characters have IC relationships and are allies? We're going to make a rule to character control people into killing their allies before enemies because people get sad if they get teamed up on?

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2017, 08:16:27 AM »

If that's the case Kamui, then I would hope you of all people could help for advocating a separate disciplinary mod. If you can't do it because of prexisting relationships, and Ace is busy, then SL is just running wild. That is highly irregular on most forum sites. So I don't know how anyone expects this site to work when the prisoners are running the prison. Cause I'd wager a fair amount of money, a majority of the people on this site, would shut up and triple check what they post on the forum if they faced like a week long mute and lost their biju/ fights. I bet a lot of people would pull a 180. So if you can't do it because people think you're tainted, and Ace is busy...well Neji or Ace need to find someone or nothing will change.

I'll try to advocate some sort of strict disciplinary action against this sort of behavior, but you'll have guys like Athos that will say that I am abusing my privileges as a staff member. Ace is your best bet for anything to change and Neji isn't exactly involved in RP matters, just those that involved the sever itself.

Anyway, on the more related note. So you're asking the council to implement a rule that would stop this sort of teaming up behavior? That's a fair and reasonable request, would probably get passed. Although if such a rule were put in place, it wouldn't have any effect on the current fight. So if you're asking for that, this thread can be locked and such a thing will be voted on as soon as the council is reconstructed. So unless I misunderstand the request, this is a wrap for now, and everyone should be focusing on voting on Neko/ trying to turn up some other candidates. As we would still be three short, two if Athos's gets in.

I perfectly understand that even if this rule gets passed, it won't have any effect on that fight. I'll be content knowing that it can prevent this sort of crap from occurring in the future. I don't know if anyone else has any input, so I'll keep this thread open just in case Ace decides to respond. (I've sent him a mail about this thread.)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 08:19:19 AM by Camel »

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2017, 08:22:05 AM »

So again I ask, what if your characters have IC relationships and are allies? We're going to make a rule to character control people into killing their allies before enemies because people get sad if they get teamed up on?

I think there is a difference between something like that happening organically, versus a team of people consulting and coordinating attacks against a very specific target via pm. Plus if it's a free for all, you should be trying to kill everyone. Not saying you have to go out of your way to kill Jay for instance. But in free for all's there shouldn't be high-level coordination between the parties involved. Else you're gonna get into the possibility of people putting their friends in said battle, to favor their side and element their opponents. Since you like wrestling, it would prevent a faction like say Evolution from entering the rumble, eliminating everyone, then letting Triple-H take them out. Excuse the outdated faction, haven't watched in so long >>

Of course, this is just my opinion and one out of 7 that will be used, so don't debate me too hard, cause what I say won't be law, just one vote. And this rule would only ever come into play if someone had the mails to prove it like Kamui did. So this rule would just be something on the books to look up if ever needed, but would be extremely hard for someone to prove.

But we can save all counter arguments for the actual voting thread that will come when the council is ok. Right now I just want to condense what the council will eventually be voting on, that is all.

@Kamui
I'll speak will Ace, and possibly Neji. This doesn't involve rp, this is a behavior issue and an issue of his site lacking authority to prevent abusive behavior. In my ideal scenario, you wouldn't have to touch anything behavioral, someone else will, so no complaints can come your way. If you're worried, don't do anything. We don't need any more issues. No is the time for fixing.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2017, 08:47:51 AM »

Yeah you just dated yourself super hard xD the thing is they always do that. There's always a group and they always try and take everyone out. Usually what happens is someone takes out grunt one and grunt two and then gets eliminated by the leader who wins, or in a surprise upset all three allies get knocked out. Nobody whines about it because that's the nature of the beast.

I also think you're really overestimating our coordination here. We haven't talked to each other about posts or anything we basically just know we want to take Kamui out and that we're not going to argue each others posts. That's about it.

Organically anytime Athos and Jay were in a fight like this they'd take out everyone else so they could have a fight with each other.

What if there was a scenario where it was a 4 man FFA and no one is teaming up with each other. Persons A, B, C, D. A is fighting B and C is fighting D. However at the end of every one of his turns D turns and takes a pot shot at A and tries to hit him in his blindspot. Because why not? He needs to eliminate every one. A gets salty and claims D is collaborating with B. He asks for a judge decision to get him dq'd for teaming up. What do we do? Does a mod check their pm's to see if they're colluding? Does a judge character control D into attacking B an equal number of times? It's nonsense. It's just opening up another avenue for whining. There's no way to objectively make that call because for all we know they actually are texting each other and collaborating on the DL.

Honestly I'm surprised we're actually considering making an incredibly ill-defined rule about character controlling people's actions in a Battle Royale scenario because Kamui got salty.

It would cause many more problems than it ever fixes because it would be so easy to abuse. So just make it only 1v1's.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2017, 09:00:56 AM »

Yeah you just dated yourself super hard xD the thing is they always do that. There's always a group and they always try and take everyone out. Usually what happens is someone takes out grunt one and grunt two and then gets eliminated by the leader who wins, or in a surprise upset all three allies get knocked out. Nobody whines about it because that's the nature of the beast.

I also think you're really overestimating our coordination here. We haven't talked to each other about posts or anything we basically just know we want to take Kamui out and that we're not going to argue each others posts. That's about it.

Organically anytime Athos and Jay were in a fight like this they'd take out everyone else so they could have a fight with each other.

What if there was a scenario where it was a 4 man FFA and no one is teaming up with each other. Persons A, B, C, D. A is fighting B and C is fighting D. However at the end of every one of his turns D turns and takes a pot shot at A and tries to hit him in his blindspot. Because why not? He needs to eliminate every one. A gets salty and claims D is collaborating with B. He asks for a judge decision to get him dq'd for teaming up. What do we do? Does a mod check their pm's to see if they're colluding? Does a judge character control D into attacking B an equal number of times? It's nonsense. It's just opening up another avenue for whining. There's no way to objectively make that call because for all we know they actually are texting each other and collaborating on the DL.

Honestly I'm surprised we're actually considering making an incredibly ill-defined rule about character controlling people's actions in a Battle Royale scenario because Kamui got salty.

It would cause many more problems than it ever fixes because it would be so easy to abuse. So just make it only 1v1's.

Like I said, if it were up to only me. This rule would be in place, and it would probably be extremely hard to ever use. Player D couldn't accuse players A-C just on a hunch. They would need proof, else they have nothing. They would need evidence. Basically what I'm saying here, is this rule would be in place, but about the only way it could ever be used is if one of the parties involved felt guilty and opened up the mail bag. It wouldn't just be he said/ she said. They either have proof of coordination, or they don't. But like I said, this is only my opinion, no other council member has spoken, so don't say the community is considering it. We'd have to vote on the issue no matter what, and the others may completely disagree with me.

But yeah, I think I know what the vote will entail, so I'm done responding. Save your energy Athos for when the vote actually happens if you dislike it. But I think this can be locked now, but I'm done until it comes up on the ballot.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 09:06:09 AM by Trev »

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2017, 10:26:02 AM »

I'll get to the valley after this, senpai!!!

+1 for Trev for bringing Evolution to light... would have been +2 if it was DX, but...

For the instance of the actual teaming up that was supposed to happen. There's none of that coordination in the fight. Hell, Athos attacked me first... asshole. I retaliated by attacking him and Kamui, while Tau was attacking Kamui. Dart... went invisible and started attacking everyone. Then, Athos went and attacked everyone. Tau kept going after Kamui and like a gnat, I started attacking them both... not before going to attack everybody, after dodging Athos' attack towards me... again, he's an asshole. Then, he tried to do it again and I only got out of the way, because I got Kamui and Tau pissed enough to attack me back and I got kind of wrecked T.T Don't mess with those Otokages, they got some tempers... Trev knows what I'm talking about... and Hazama, he's an asshole too... NOW EVERYBODY HUG AND LOVE EACH OTHER AGAIN!!!!!!

P.S. Biju Matches should have some fun RP to them as well. Obviously, just keeping them as just matches makes them stale and that's where all the frustration comes from. It's like episodes of DeathBattle, when it should be like... uhh... hmm, something more plot oriented dang, leave me alone. I sat there for like three minutes trying to think of something.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 10:37:09 AM by JayJay »

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2017, 02:47:34 PM »

P.S. Biju Matches should have some fun RP to them as well. Obviously, just keeping them as just matches makes them stale and that's where all the frustration comes from. It's like episodes of DeathBattle, when it should be like... uhh... hmm, something more plot oriented dang, leave me alone. I sat there for like three minutes trying to think of something.

Sounds like you were trying to describe IC battles there for a second, what with that word plot and biju being in the same sentence as the phrase "biju matches". xP

And a crackdown on aggressive behavior would have to also mean we moderators keep ourselves in check as well, as I assume that we would be the ones collectively enforcing it (unless Ace revereses is his general approach and goes bad cop while the rest of us be good cop or something) and nothing would make complaints of abuse worse than hypocrisy by the enforcement. Not that I don't mind since I'm used to holding back, but it's food for thought so that we moderators make a consistent "etiquette" that we follow so that we are all consistent.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 19 queries.