Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Author Topic: Speed of the Uematsu Tomi  (Read 1923 times)

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
Speed of the Uematsu Tomi
« on: March 02, 2017, 09:02:59 PM »

For the sake of things, I figured I'd ask the community just how fast you think the Yondaime Hokage is. As it's come to my attention people like to smack on modifiers on augmentations and such, what is in your honest opinion Tomi's ability to handle such things on natural agility? He's successfully been shown even to keep up with Sage mode enhanced opponents on multiple occasions on a fair footing (speed only) without resorting to the Flying Thunder God Jutsu. However things change, and people will have differing opinions as the years pass. Given my desire to keep in line with the general consensus, I'll alter things if necessary to please the community as Role-Play is a team effort, after all. There are well known augments Tomi has access to which can give him fair footing if not a tad superior to most other characters even if they were to access their own Sage Modes, depending on circumstances  which I'm willing to work with as well, if again deemed necessary.

I encourage those who have dealt with Tomi's displayed speed in the past to give examples as to why they think he should be so fast for whatever reasons. Though I'm sure I won't need to remind anyone, please keep your comments civil.

Thank you in advance for your time and efforts to those who contribute to this topic.

Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Hazama

• View Profile
Re: Speed of the Uematsu Tomi
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 10:02:57 AM »

For the sake of things, I figured I'd ask the community just how fast you think the Yondaime Hokage is. As it's come to my attention people like to smack on modifiers on augmentations and such, what is in your honest opinion Tomi's ability to handle such things on natural agility? He's successfully been shown even to keep up with Sage mode enhanced opponents on multiple occasions on a fair footing (speed only) without resorting to the Flying Thunder God Jutsu. However things change, and people will have differing opinions as the years pass. Given my desire to keep in line with the general consensus, I'll alter things if necessary to please the community as Role-Play is a team effort, after all. There are well known augments Tomi has access to which can give him fair footing if not a tad superior to most other characters even if they were to access their own Sage Modes, depending on circumstances  which I'm willing to work with as well, if again deemed necessary.

I encourage those who have dealt with Tomi's displayed speed in the past to give examples as to why they think he should be so fast for whatever reasons. Though I'm sure I won't need to remind anyone, please keep your comments civil.

Thank you in advance for your time and efforts to those who contribute to this topic.

See, I know that there has been a lot of changes since Tomi was last here but anyone who was from back in the day would remember how fast Tomi was known for. In truth, part of this was because he was the creator of Hiraishin but it was because of his speed(and of course character design) that he was the creator of the technique.

I'd honestly argue that Tomi is one of the fastest in the realm, and pushing it to the even further extreme, maybe the fastest? While I haven't seen many people claiming insane amounts of speed, besides the normal stuff people do in fights, I would rank Tomi in the top of them.

Then again there is people who don't believe in the 'you are automatically better than someone at this' here on SL but that has to be true in some sense. Like, I believe in it, seeing as I make claim to be the strongest, or even the best at Taijutsu. But that is just a personal claim and I know that I have taken to some extremes. Even at a logical level I would want to argue it, I mean at least being in some of the strongest, but there would be other contenders like Jay, Tobi, Ryoji.. Though, I know Ryoji is more speed based, if I remember. But I don't want to put words into his mouth o.o

Anyway, I'm getting off topic. I know we don't have a number system and we are a system based on words and opinions so.. Those are mine >>
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 11:40:58 AM »

For the sake of things, I figured I'd ask the community just how fast you think the Yondaime Hokage is. As it's come to my attention people like to smack on modifiers on augmentations and such, what is in your honest opinion Tomi's ability to handle such things on natural agility? He's successfully been shown even to keep up with Sage mode enhanced opponents on multiple occasions on a fair footing (speed only) without resorting to the Flying Thunder God Jutsu...

My answer is "pretty fast".

No, really, that's my answer. I haven't seen anyone get overwhelmed by unaugmented speed recently, and part of the reason that characters like the 4th Hokage and even Naruto were so fast in the late series (other than augmentations like the ninetails cloak) is the streamline nature of the fighting style, requiring few if any handsigns or preparation time for jutsu (hence why Minato didn't use sage mode, as even that slowed down his flow according to him).

In SL, without augmentations, many SL players from my experience tend to RP as the same speed as each other (IE, without gates or lightning release or anything like that, everyone seems to be on equal footing as far as speed goes) and only claim to be faster with augmentations.

So, back to the original question, I'd say Tomi's pretty fast, but his speed is as consequential to his opponents' as Minato's was late-game (IE, vs Edo Madara) in that it really doesn't matter unless augmentations are taken into account. This is from my experience.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 08:08:07 PM »

For the sake of things, I'd normally argue Tomi's natural speed and reflexes are enough to allow him to dodge those empowered by Sage mode assuming he can see the attack coming. Or say Raiton no Yoroi, he has enough time to get out of the way and activate his own augmentations whether it be Hiraishin no Jutsu or his version of the Futon no Yoroi.

Mind you, I never attempted to use Tomi's speed as a justification for an auto-hit and have always left it to my opponent to decide if the 4th Hokage would get the drop on them. (Some times I think it's most likely unlikely when someone claims to dodge Tomi under certain circumstances. Again, never argue it for the sake of RP/just my personal opinion)
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 04:46:23 AM »

When you're saying speed, I'm assuming its based purely on reaction speed, (or one's fighting speed), correct? Cause there's two different types of speed, the one based one reaction, which is generally based on how fast you can perceive something and move your body out of the way. And Acceleration speed, i.e. general movement. Personally, I see the first as your defensive qualities and the second as your offensive. Naturally, canonically, the Fourth Hokage was able to react quick enough to evade the Fourth Raikage/Tobi without any buffs. I didn't see how he fought against Madara, but I'm not going to guesstimate on how he would fight whilst in an Edo Zombie body which provides zero exhaustion, physical or chakra based.

Now, I came late to the game, thus I never seen Tomi fight. But, naturally, I give those that has claimed Kage hats in a much higher regard. I mean, official Kages, not just going and making your own village and claiming to be Kage there. From the five major villages, to the minor villages, Ame, Oto, Uzu, Kaze... uhh trying to picture the map >.> Generally, those that have actually gotten the hat are obviously going to be particularly fast/strong/wise/smart/whatever you wanna call it, their stats are going to be better.

But if Tomi wants to have a go at Natural Fighting, we can test the waters, 1v1, no chakra, simply Taijutsu and not even our Sharingan. >.> Just gonna throw that out there.

The way I fight, I assume my opponent is stronger/faster/smarter unless I can prove otherwise in le fight. JayvAthos, I'll... shut up I can try. JayvTobi, well, I'm not smarter than him and his RL knowledge of science is pretty tough, but he has the best perception speed in the realm.... being a cyborg and all. JayvRyoji, we actually never fought before or after his transformation, but he's the most ruthless in his family... oh wow Athos you just need to give me some of your blood, there's something in those genes, I need it!!

So experience obviously wins the argument on how the RP web is spun, but individual training is where the argument grows just a bit more stagnant than usual. Using myself as an example, from the beginning, meaning my time here on SL, I've been training myself through the usage of Gravity Seals, which basically means that what was naturally beforehand is increased when they're off. But, by how much would that be? Since it was from hard work, would it be a lot? Would my sensei of choice matter? Village? Blood? Being words, you need leeway/understanding from your RP partner/opponent, otherwise things get frustrating on both ends and then those buffs have to come into play.

So, back to the topic of determining the speed of Tomi, just RP at however speed you've been RPing at before. I'm not sure what the character's been up to since you obvi weren't dead, but hopefully you've been training all that time as well. From there, it's only showcasing your speed to the public, getting some modern feats in and you'll be good. Obviously it's just like prison, find the biggest, baddest, mofo around and take em down. Since Bocc isn't around, you'll have to find the second baddest... obviously an Academy Student that walks into a zone and hits someone with a... what was it called, Biju Enhanced, Sage Enhance, Planetary Rasendori, while using Heavenly Pull and a two Eyed Kamui... I gotta learn how to do that.

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.