Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Burdens of the Sage [ Eric and Jay RP]  (Read 16233 times)

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
Re: Burdens of the Sage [ Eric and Jay RP]
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2017, 03:57:51 AM »

"Hmm?" Jay sounded as the attention turned on him. He had been looking out towards the scenery of Hell's Basin, his hair whipping freely in the heated breeze. Like a young lad on a train, the conversation between the two of them had become dulled to his ears. It wasn't until it became clear that he was being spoken to that he turned his gaze towards his companion. "Not at all."

He spoke plainly, with a bit confusion in his voice. 'Do you know what it means, Tabi?' [If you don't know, I'm not gonna tell you.] The young Nara would end up pouting a bit from this. 'Awww, that's messed up, why?' He'd only be met with silence, though it was clear she didn't know either because the man behind the screen didn't know, so she wasn't going to just flat out and say she knew.

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2017, 05:04:01 AM »

Chuckled and raised his hands as if he were holding a spherical object. "Ordinary zones can be traveled to without restriction, but Limited Zones have special requirements that have to be met in order to reach them. Though we were able to arrive here via shadow migration, it seems that even some distance from the mountain our ability to get back home is limited. If push comes to shove, one of these factions might be our only way to actually leave this land or, to a certain extent, survive it for a prolonged period of time."

The man lowered his hands, overlooking the volcanic scenery with a sense of dread. "I'm sorry for dragging you into all this; I had no idea that Pyro was involved in this."
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

JayJay

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2017, 07:21:49 AM »

"Actually, that makes a lot of sense." He seemingly ignored the afterthought comment for the moment. He once again put his 'feelers' out and shook his head. "With this barrier they formed, using the Flying Thunder God to make a trip home is pretty impossible. So, one of us is going to have to appease the dragons to send us home... perhaps if we continue to poke at them, they'll kick us out..." He chuckled lightly as he reached for the hem of his cloak once again, gently grabbing onto the fabric.

"You don't have to worry about dragging me into this. If things play out well, I might get another dragon or two. There's no such thing as too many angry, fire breathing, dragons." He grinned widely, always up for a good challenge. Of course, he knew the chance of getting even one dragon to join him was slim to none, but maybe they respond well to assistance. "Not to mention it would help our cause in going back home." He was already wondering about the different time rates between the two worlds. If years passed in their world by the time they get back... ugh, so many missed birthdays. He just hoped it was similar to each other.

"Pyro, since you've been working for Draco for quite a long time, do you know of the general hierarchy of Hell's Basin? Positions, dragon's in those positions? Leader(s) of Draco's enemies? Stronghold locations? Number of Strongholds in total? And... general hunting grounds. I swear, I can eat an entire herd of cows, I'm so hungry." That was one thing that slipped his mind for the past while. He didn't know the last time he just sat down and ate something. He chuckled as he thought of something, speaking a little bit lower, turning to Eric as he did so. "So were you really gonna mate with Rita? Like, how would that have worked? Would you turn into a dragon, or would she assume a human form? Or, maybe, you'd just stay as you were..." He'd trail off, allowing the pictures to be painted. "I mean, Draco clearly lied to Pyro, right? Of course, right?" By this time, his tone was getting playful... if he hadn't been punched off the dragon by then, of course. But if he managed to survive, it would be obvious that he was poking the half-dragon, finding humor before a battle.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2017, 08:59:29 AM »

Eric chuckled to himself. "Don't get too ahead of yourself, you would have to sign the dragon scroll contract before getting more than a private contract out of any of the dragons around here. Knowing Draco appeasement won't go as far as simple cooperation. Poke them too much and we'll have to fight our way out of here." For various reasons Eric was not particularly looking forward to that, albeit, he had come somewhat prepared for a short fight. A prolonged one was not what he had in mind.

Hunting grounds? There are some crag looking creatures scattered about, but you wouldn't want to eat anything out here not cooked right." All of Pyro's scales seemed to rattle at the idea, this being the first time either of the two likely witnessing this. "My skin crawls at the idea of the burning bowels that would cause. You're better off leaving the Zone, getting food, then coming back, or raiding the stashes around here for something edible."

Pyro flew a little higher, the seemingly endless and unchanging sceneary making it difficult to keep track of exactly where they were going. From what he had gathered he was going in the right direction, but so many of the lava flows looked the same; maybe that crag there was the checkpoint?

"I have worked with Draco for some time. Originally there were a bunch of different dragons that lived here of various types, always a bunch of infighting. Various clans, you know, fight for survival. Place was hella hot then too, I have no idea how they lived here and stayed here. Guess they fed on nature or something."

Pyro wheeled about a particular crag, analyzed it, and then continued on.  "Then Ignitus made his famous declaration and took over as the first Dragon Lord. He introduced the dragon summoning contract and taught the first human dragon sage how to gather natural energy. Ever since then there has been a steady stream of dragon lords, dragon kings, the like. Alphas, Betas, Archbetas, dukes, the naming beyond the biggest and the baddest has changed so much it would be pointless to set it down. The dragon realm expanded out into the ninja world, which overall was more habitable for the less pyrophilic dragons."

In the distance a faint blue aura, a very standout color in the world of oranges, yellows, blacks, and greys, attracted Pyro's attention. He began flying towards it, the vague spiral shape likely being the target.

"The kingdom became more of a Federation or even Empire, dragon sages from many lands almost like an extension of the Dragon power. There came to be multiple dragon rulers at any one point, so large it all was. Many were considered legends, even in the isolated oasis nests. Some history later, and there came to be four primary rulers, known as the Shiryū (四竜, Four Dragon Kings). I don't know much about them, but according to Draco it was on their watch that the molten shit hit the fan around here-"

"Not to interrupt your history lesson Pyro, but what exactly is the plan for the Gate?" Eric could sense that they were approaching an area with strong and very numerous chakra signatures, some of which were already flared, perhaps in response to their closing distance. The man rose to his feet, using his chakra to maintain balance as he did so. "How do we recognize friend from foe?"

As the trio approached, one with proper sensory powers could determine that a large group of dragons had indeed gathered around the two spiral structures that marked the "gate", the tomb of the first Dragon Lord. For the most part making a burial tomb in these lands was a task worthy of commending, but the minor fortifications that had been built into the igneous rock were visibly sharp with pointed edges. Likely made of obsidian, these structures, despite there beign mostly dragons involved in this conflict, seemed to be jutted upward and outward, but in a tiered fashion that suggested that they were for preventing a ground assault rather than an aerial one.

No, dragons flying overhead the Spyral Gate most likely served as defense against the air. So far none had many any moves to attack the trio, but they were still approaching. Of notice also for sensory was livestock, kept belating and coralled within the center of the ground fortifications. The structures were to prevent the terrestrial beasts, mutant sized sheep and cows seemingly from hell itself, from making any escapes. Large containers near them occasionally dripped water in order to water the beasts.

Of course, none of this was visible to the non-byakugan-like enhanced eye, and even sage sensory would only give a general idea of the life here, but Jay's Minds Eye could probably gain these details even if they were at the edge of the 10km at this current moment in time.

http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Y%C5%ABmei_Kok%C5%ABz%C5%8D#Bonds_of_Scales

[Reference, borrowed information regarding inclusion of the "Four Dragon Kings". While I'm doing this kind of footnote thing, I have borrowed Hell's Basin basic concept and such from the narutoprofile wikia page on Dragons and word of mouth. Not much information on it was set on stone so I am overall taking some creative liberties with it. In general, a Japanese name for a location or individual is not one of my making. In general, if I directly incorporate stuff not mine into this RP, I will make sure to give credit/reference it, especially from this point forward now that I've started borrowing character information more directly.]
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

JayJay

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2017, 10:45:00 AM »

The young Nara could only pout as he heard that he would have to sign the contract before getting more dragons. It made sense, but he was still sulking from the premature shutdown to his desire. "Alright, then the plan is to get on their good side." More than bred for a long fight on any occasion.

The young Nara turned his head towards the dragon they were riding on, making a side note of how fast they were flying and how long they were in the air. Geez, for as big as their world (Hell's Basin) was, he was sure it equaled about 3 of ours (Earth)... or everything was just monstrously spaced out. Because of the long mental note, he only caught the more important part, cook it wrong and you got fire butt. A shiver ran up his spine at this, his body shaking just a bit. "Yeah, I think I'll just dip into my rations for my sustenance. I'll share with you Eric." He glanced towards the Grandmaster for a moment, before looking back to Pyro as he continued to talk.

He listened intently to the words of the dragon, literally leaning forward a bit as he was severely captivated by each word that was spoken. He loved learning and seeing as how this wasn't written down, or simply perhaps not currently available to him, he had to do with Pyro's speech. When he mentioned something like the Four Dragon Kings, he nearly lost his shit, because Eric interrupted at the most important part. Barely holding himself back from physically lashing out, he groaned loudly and sat back once again. He looked ahead, having noticed the blue hues from his periphery, and saw the blue spiral more detailed. He could see how it got it's name, but what did it mean? He activated his Mind's Eye Technique once again to get a look of their destination.

Immediately, he noticed the large amount of dragons and whistled lightly from the sensation tingling at the back of his mind. While he also wondered of the distinction of friend and foe, he couldn't really voice the desire since Eric just asked it himself. "The best bet is for Pyro to drop down towards the leader of the good guys... err dragons.. well, there could be good guys too."

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2017, 06:32:39 PM »

A trio of the dragons near the Spyral Gate flew up into the air and began approaching rapidly to intercept.

Pyro had to estimate that the Spyral Gates were only 5km away at this point, and being airoborne, that really was not a very far distant. He could see the dragon forces mobilizing, awaiting the response of their sentries. "First, we talk."

The sentries hovered in the air as Pyro came within a few meters of them. These scouts did not have any armor on, but they did have what looked to be some sort of seals running along their entire bodies, their arms, their legs, their necks, even their wings bore the strange technqiue. They were all colored gray, but a few patches of bright blue on one and yellow or another suggested that that was not their natural scale color.

"Halt! Before you proceed, you must solve God's riddle!" One of the dragons declared. "Answer correctly, and you may join us. Answer incorrectly, and you will die before sunrise."

So it is nighttime here, Eric mused. He also found it somewhat humorous that the dragons did not per say intend on killing them immediately; unless the unseen sunrise already crowned the horizon. It would not be easy to tell considering the smoke-like clouds seemed to blanket the sky.

"Give me the riddle."

"He is the bright and morning star, the founder of all things shinobi. He molded Jashin whilst still in the womb and birthed the beasts from his mate's husk. His reincarnations are all Gods among Men, and only he has Yumei ever bowed to. Who is this God among lesser gods?"

Pyro's face became despirited. What kind of riddle was this? This was no dragon riddle or a pet phoenix riddle. It sounded more like a history question on a pop quiz, with failure resulting in expulsion from the mortal classroom. Permanently.

"Any time you guys want to chip in."

Eric would have guessed the Sage of Six paths, but to have molded Jashin was not on his generally passed around resume. Molded Jashin? There may have been such an entity, the man with the gold flying throne who went by such a name that served Yumei. Or was that man's name Angra Mainyu? Did a reincarnation count as the original?

Eric began considering the odds of simply skipping the riddle and getting straight to the fighting. With both himself and Jay primed and ready with senjutsu, the trio of dragons in the air would be hard pressed to deal with them. The gorund forces would have more time and numbers directly supporting them, but there were perhaps a few dozen down below. Even without space-time ninjutsu Eric had ways of making his shadow work to his advantage, not to mention a few dragon techniques he could employ.

Still, even if they did take all the dragons down by force, who was to say that these were really all of the dragons? And then their only other order was to hold the position until backup arrived. That could take awhile, or worst yet, only end in the death of all three of them.

Decisions, decisions.

JayJay

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2017, 01:56:36 AM »

The young Nara mentally groaned at the turn of events. He was ready, all gung-ho, and they get hit with a riddle. He was the absolute worst at riddles. He couldn’t even hop on a phone and check Google either, it was absolutely the worst situation he could have been in. From the sounds of it, Pyro didn’t know the answer, otherwise he would have said it already. Eric, looked to be searching for a way around it, possibly making them public enemy number one? He hated how he didn’t know the answer to this, because he could have earned some points with the dragons if he blurted it out.

With the way things were going now, they were going to be waist deep in dragon fire and it wasn’t going to be pretty. Knowing the end was near for the immortal Nara, he lifted his hand to garner the dragon’s attention. ”Um, excuse me? I’m new to this whole dragon thing. I’ve never met Yumei, barely read about him. All I know was that he was the Godaime Hokage. Can I get like… a free pass?” He asked, feeling sheepish already, but hoped that the dragon would show leniency. I mean, he knew the mythical creature wouldn’t, but perhaps it would throw him for a loop, possibly enough for him to connect their eyes. Despite his own eyes being golden, he still held his Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan underneath and, if his plan managed to succeed, the dragon’s eyes would turn into a blood red and the design of his EMS would glow in it’s sockets. The powerful [Genjutsu: Sharingan] was capable of controlling Kurama. A dragon, possibly a middle tier dragon, would be easy peasy.

Of course, if he was successful, he would further use that eye connection to probe it’s mind for the answer. The [Eye Mind Reading] technique would allow him to do this without the dragon, or pretty much any of the other spectators the knowledge of what he was doing. So, it wouldn’t, shouldn’t take long for him to find the answer to the riddle. Of course, being possessed by the Sin of Greed, caused the Nara to lose sight of the objective and attempt to grab hold of every piece of information the dragon had in his mind. Of course, having been used with his EMS to reinforce the technique, the dragon would be unable to break out of the connection.

If he was successful, the dragon wouldn’t suffer from any adverse affects from the mind reading and the Nara would put his hand down to skim through the information. More than used to things of the nature, through his Blood Release, he wouldn’t take long before he would blurt out the answer to the riddle, whatever it might have been.

If he was unsuccessful, nothing would have really happened. His eyes were still golden and the eye contact wouldn’t have been made to grant success. But, darn, would he try to establish that initial eye contact. Who knows, maybe one or both of the other dragons looked into his eyes? It could have easily worked on them. Perhaps all three of them looked into his eyes. Of course, for Eric to know what he was up to, it would have had to have been successful, otherwise his EMS wouldn’t appear in neither of their eyes. ‘’Oh damn, hopefully, Eric wasn’t looking directly into my eyes as well.’ He was sitting slightly behind the man, so he could catch his Grandmaster in the Genjutsu as well. [Now, you’re just over thinking things. You need to stop freaking out.] He hated to wonder just what he'd uncover if he was to delve within the mind of the elder Nara.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2017, 02:15:07 AM »

Seriously Jay?

Eric almost facepalmed at Jay's first sentence, wincing instead. But, rather than attacking them for demonstrating such untimely behavior, the dragons instead seemed, oddly non-attacky.

The changed eyecolor and chakra disruption of the riddler dragon did not go unnoticed by Eric as he attempted to predict the beast's next moves. Indeed, rather than getting hostile, the non-genjutsued other dragons flying along with their companion seemed to get, excited at this development. This perplexed Eric, puzzled him really, as he would think that one of their comrades being subjected to sharingan:genjutsu would set them off. Eric did not understand at all until Jay again spoke.

"Yumei."

Of course! These dragons, each and every one of them, was a fanatic of some sort to the previous dragon sage master, Yumei. The vast majority of them, particularly the leadership, would view Yumei in a light that placed him on a pedestal next to God itself. And what was Yumei more than anything else?

A filthy Uchiha-Senju hybrid with all of his blessings grafted into his very DNA. A crooked smile spread across Eric's lips as he moved to put a hand on Jay's shoulder, a plan coming to mind.

"The blood of the Almighty runs through this young man's veins. Here, he is, to aide you all in once again having dominion over all dragons. Hail, the son of god!"

Eric took to his right knee, hand on Jay's shoulder if he so permitted it. Otherwise he would refrain from that part of the gesture. "I am the perfect human-dragon hybrid, created by our dear lord, and I have accompanied him to aide in his quest!"

In Eric's infinite wisdom, he had forgotten one little detail about his plan. It was almost completely impromptu, and while Jay may piece together what it meant, Pyro would be very unlikely to go along with the story.

"Whaaaaaat?!" Pyro roared at near the top of his lungs, his wings outstretched in outrage. "You, you TRAITOR!"

Knowing that Pyro surging scorch release into Jay and he would make for a quick end to the charade, Eric mentally intoned, "Shadow Manipulation Curse, Level 2!"

Pyro convulsed as the juinjutsu, still resting in his stomach from that ages-ago confrontation between Pyro and Eric, activated, temporarily disconnecting Pyro from his physical energy. Naturally with this came a seizure-like freeze as his body locked into place, causing him to begin plummeting towards the ground.

The three dragons rushed to support Pyro, getting underneath him in order to prop him up. While not entirely sold, yet, on Eric's claims (particularly depending on Jay's reaction) the dragons did not per say want to take any unnecessary risks. Besides, their new prisoner was of more use to them alive than dead.

"Even with his mind, the saviour and conqueror subjects the trash of his foes!"

At this point, presuming that Jay went along with things up until Pyro's flight disruption, Eric would wink in Jay's direction, the three dragons occupied with keeping Pyro from falling to the ground. Chances are he could tell, through some chakra sensory means, that Pyro was not acting this way on his own, and would likely need some reassurance that all was well.

Presuming that Jay did not intervene, all that would come to pass. However, if Jay decided to do something to interrupt this then the story would be quite different, depending on his response.

JayJay

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2017, 07:34:21 AM »

Was rather pleased at the fact that he managed to get a dragon under his control. Despite his intentions, it was a good plan. So, when he spoke the answer, he broke the dragon from the control, only to find the taste of excitement floating through the air. He couldn't quite put his finger on it, until Eric made his way over to him and spoke the proclamation of his supposed divinity. Of course, he managed to piece things together as soon as he said the words, Son of God.

This development, while obviously false, quickly went to his head, quite dangerously so. A sinister smirk began to contort the features of his face, the next words nearly being blocked out by the constant echoes of God, filling his mind. [Did you just become a Demigod!?] Matatabi exclaimed in amusement as Jay spoke to her, 'Never in my life have I needed something so much and never known until I received it.' [Oh, God, why?] She groaned in embarrassment, putting a paw over her own face to hide herself from him.

Throughout the duration of his inner thoughts, he didn't pay a lick of attention to the other dragons. It wasn't until Pyro's actual yell did his instincts take over. With his Mind's Eye Technique still active, he would have felt the beginnings of chakra manipulation inside of Pyro, to go along with his outstretched wings. But, before he could do the same and completely freeze the dragon underneath him, Eric did something to the dragon and stopped it. It was a true testament to Eric's own reaction time as Jay had to actively reel in his own chakra, but this was only for a moment.

It would be obviously that the Sins of Lust and Pride were the real ones in control as the young Nara remained in the air through the Flight Technique. Even as he was growing arrogant, he knew he would have to play the part, for as long as it was necessary. So, as the excess of his cloak fluttered in the breeze of the winds from their wings, the blood red visage of his Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan dramatically revealed themselves in his eyes as his Stealth Lenses melted away. A trail of blood would be seen actually leaking from his right eye, (Suguwara no Michizane), the control he had over liquid waning for the moment. For dramatic effect, he would remain quite and floating as he digested all the knowledge. He lifted a finger and wiped the blood from below his eye and popped it onto his tongue, tasting the copper in the liquid. He didn't need anybody having his DNA... other than his own children of course.

With his previous digging, it would have been like he had just read the wikia on dragons, as well as gaining a strong grasp on the dragon's natural tongue, depending on how much this single dragon knew from it's very long life. He would, possibly, show this with the next words that left his mouth."Correct you are, to say that I subject the trash of my foes. For you see, unlike my father, I aim to be a true monster." Despite his cloak, his power was being exerted throughout the area, unaided by Matatabi. Dark Chakra fueled this burst of energy, wisps of Chaotic Chakra, the mixture of Dark and Natural Energies, began to flare into existence around him, despite not entering said Corrupted Form of Sage Mode. "I do not appreciate being betrayed, do you hear me?" Perhaps the Sin of Wrath was backseat driving, because he spoke with such force behind his words, so much Killer Intent, that, if they were in the regular world, the air would have grown so thick with tension that it would be immensely difficult to breath. Here, he did not know how it would affect the area or the dragons in them. Eric, himself, would have to be careful as the Corrupted Energy would give him extreme pain if he was to either, stay in contact with him for too long, or take in another ounce of the surrounding energy to maintain his Sage Mode.

Of course, he wasn't finished and he would vanish from the spot in the air and reappear in front of Pyro with a burst of pure speed. Depending on where Eric was when Jay had decided to remain airborne, the three of them would be reunited nonetheless. Also, depending on whether or not he was actually speaking dragontongue, he would switch to the common tongue of mere humans. "Think back to the forest, Pyro..." Knowing that Pyro needed to be filled in to the plan, while also remaining in character to fool the other dragons, he had to think on the fly as well. He would lift his hand and lay it on Pyro's snout, staring into his enraged orbs. "I am still that same man, do not forget it."

To the other dragons, and even Eric, this could be interpreted as a time where the two of them fought and Jay decided to spare his life. But to Pyro, and the absent Rita, this would be the obviousness of saying that, I have not changed from the same man you trusted your child to. The color of his eyes would even flash back to the gentle golden hues everyone was so fond of. Of course, they would flash right back, because he was still in character and he didn't need to be found out just yet. Hopefully, Pyro calmed down after this and played along as well. At this moment, they needed to stay in these characters until they were in front of Draco. Because, as soon as that happened, the trust was going to come out in full force. Though, he hoped that he was speaking dragontongue, because that would be sooo cool.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2017, 07:56:11 PM »

Pyro was unsure of how to take even Jay's words at this point. However, he had mustered by this point that continuing to resist would cause a decline in his well-being, so he growled in a low tone. That burning pain, he recognized it acutely, the question of course being why it was still there. Eric hadn't removed it that's why; he said that he had, and Pyro had believed him.

Like a fool. And that was before he had even joined The Akatsuki! Pyro's rage  boiled his blood, but he continued to restrain himself, knowing that he was in no position for payback for the time being.

The three dragons nodded to themselves, and began flying the duo then trio towards the camp. "Commander Reibi will be most pleased to have you all on our side."

Now, the totality of the information Jay had acquired would not be that in the language department; these dragons only had a single tongue, the common one, and that seemed consistent for their ranking. However, the more valuable insight that Jay would have acquired would have been the general history of these fanatics, known to Jay to call themselves the Disciples of Yumei, cropping up even before Yumei had made off with the Hokage Building and much of Konoha. That his disappearance had caused considerable distress, allowing their current enemies to break their hold on Hell's Basin.

Their forces were mostly concentrated at Devil's Eden, a fortress city that had once served as the capital city of the Basin and now served as the most secure foothold that the Disciples possessed.  Fortified with the land's natural energy, the aforementioned technique that Jay had earlier been threatened with apparently could be automatically triggered by anything that entered the radius of a special barrier, igniting the very chakra of the victim, burning them from the inside out. A special seal apparently gave permitted forces the ability to enter.

The seal worked by utilizing natural energy, understandable since the energy was so abundant here. In fact, much of what the beasts used here had natural energy power derivations.

Jay would also come across the interesting detail that apparently these Disciples thought themselves holy warriors to be rewarded upon Yumei's return from taming Shinigami in the Land of Shades. To Jay, his character background in mind here, this would come off as a bit, ludicrous.

As for Eric, he would remove his hand from Jay shortly after, feeling a sharp but localized burning sensation. He could sense it in the very air as well, and for a split moment, Eric thought that his charade might not have worked. However, Jay's words encouraged Eric to look towards the approaching fortification and fold his arms.

Hssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

Eric looked around, curious as to the source of the sound. Thinking it only his imagination, Eric would focus on making sure Pyro did not get any bright ideas about attacking and retaliating.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 07:57:35 PM by Eric »

JayJay

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2017, 12:12:14 AM »

Noooooo, Jay really wanted the language of dragons to be a thing, but it seemed the odds just wasn't in his favor. Well, he learned other things about the dragons, especially these specific pack of dragons that caused him to mentally sweatdrop. While, something like the whole holy warrior/Yumei taming the Shinigami seemed impossible to fathom, he couldn't deny how these crazy thoughts could be made. Crazy people thought crazy things, there was logic in that. When he encountered the information about the seal that allowed the igniting of the chakra, he thought of the Incineration Technique and whether it was just for this. Aware of this being wrong, he knew would begin thinking of a counter-seal that would keep the specific seal to a temperature that he was actually used to.

Any further thoughts on the matter would be pushed to the back of his mind as he remained in flight and followed the dragons to Spyral Gate. As he flew, he would calm himself down considerably, enough to pick up the faint hissing. Immediately thinking of an ambush, he focused his attentions on his Mind's Eye and his sense of hearing to pinpoint the location. Holding onto the hem of his cloak, ready to seal it within his right hand, he made sure that he wasn't flying too quickly, so that the actual wind wasn't whipping past his ears.

He was sure that if it was Genjutsu, his Psionic Membrane would protect him from the attack, depending on the brutality of the attack and his Mind's Eye would pick up the chakra signature of the one responsible. If it was a warning of the impending ambush, his readiness would make it harder to catch him off guard and bring down the success rate of said ambush. Either way, his acute sense of hearing would be just enough to pinpoint the general direction of the hissing, with his Mind's Eye working to further point out the culprit. Of course, being that dragons were reptilian, hissing would not be so farfetched to hear in a dimension filled with dragons. 'Ugh, my head hurts.' He thought to himself as if he found trying to find a reason for the hissing to be full of speculations and just simply wanted to write it off at this point. [As long as you flaunt your power for the dragons, enough for them to revere you just as much as Yumei, then you wont have to worry about things like ambushes... though Pyro is hotheaded so... you may have to blow his head up or something...] 'Whoa, that was dark Matatabi... I mean, I get it, but I'm not gonna live here. Plus, Eric isn't gonna like that, considering that's his dragon... neither will Rita... I'm sure.' His head was only hurting more at this point and he just wanted to find Rita and get a few more dragons to raise. Plus, he knew that there were stronger dragons out there with crazy powerful abilities, like the aforementioned, Four Dragon Kings.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 01:34:50 AM by JayJay »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2017, 03:58:46 AM »

The trio would be flown down to Spyral Gate, where Jay and Eric both would notice that a large amount of attention seemed to be towards them. It was safe to say that their antics had not gone entirely unnoticed, but the oncoming dragons, all about the same size as the other three (or for easier reference about the same size as Pyro, 20 feet long with 22 foot wingspans) all with ashen colorations. Bits of glittering pinks, blues, and so on could be seen beneath the ash, presumably the natural scale colors of the dragons. It would be obvious that these dragons had covered themselves partly in ash in order to stand out less in this environment.

One dragon seemed to stand out among them, if only because many of the dragons cleared a path for him. This dragon, much smaller at only 6 feet tall and without any wings, walked on twos and visibly had ninja pouches strung about a belt on his waist. The anthropomorphic dragon bore a large chestplate that had a strange yin-yang symbol on the front  and two inverted leaf symbols on the back. The dragon had eyes of bright purple and while not a great amount of chakra, a consistent amount of chakra flowing through his body and his scales.

This, Jay would know from his earlier probing, would be Commander Reibi, and the scowl that his mouth seemed to be shaped in (hard to tell from atop Pyro and Reibi having a snout) suggested that he was not in the best of moods.

"Who are they?" His voice seemed mellow for an angry dragon, meaning that maybe his facial expression was that of curiosity instead of anger.

"The big one here is one of the enemy, the smaller one is a guardian to this man, a son of Lord Yumei." The three dragons gestured towards the respective individuals, much to the shock and awe of the crowd.

"Really?"

"Didn't know Yumei had a son..."

"The Chosen One has finally arrived!"

"Oh yeah?! Prove it."

Calmly Reibi looked out towards the excited dragons. He raised one of his arms and sent out a pulse of chakra, and just like that, the crowd grew more docile and quiet, though if thier attention had not been on Jay, Eric and Pyro before, they were now. Reibi looked towards Jay with an inquisitive eye, his eyes noticeably darkening as he did so. Reibi then looked towards Eric, and then towards Pyro.

"Lock the big one in the tomb. 'My Lord', 'Guardian', follow me. There is an important task that needs to be done." Reibi turned and walked towards the center of the Spyral gate, likely assuming that his statement would follow through. He did not seem entirely convinced.

"Just give a sign and we will do what we must," Eric states as he disembarks, "And likewise."

JayJay

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2017, 04:38:39 AM »

When the group arrived at the gate, the young Nara's descent would appear regal. Slow and steady, he would cast his eyes over the other dragons, despite them being bigger than him by several feet. This wasn't part of the act, as he was still concerned with the hissing from beforehand. The ramblings of the other dragons, along with the words of the humanoid dragon, fell on uncaring ears. Jay was looking, scoping out the ranks and determining their strengths. He would doing this through his assortment of sensory techniques, before landing on the Commander. Commander of Dragons and the Commander of Manji, a fitting meeting for the two of them.

It would be around the time the Commander released his pulse of energy, that the young Nara finally touched down onto the ashen ground of the stronghold, his feet bare as always. The eyes of the two Commanders locked for a moment, Jay's not backing down and the Eternal design of his Sharingan slowly spinning hypnotically. The Dragon Commander wouldn't have to worry about any Genjutsu attempts, only to beware about how he chose to treat the young Nara.

He would remain silent, the transformed design in his Sharingan stilling and the coloration of the red hues, darkening as well into a clear blood red. A single step was all it took for him to show how he was going to proceed. His gait was calm, collected, depicting of true royalty and flair he mostly mimicked from one, Ryoji Uzumaki. 'I gotta thank senpai next time I see him.' [What if he tries to kill you.] '... why you always gotta be negative?' [I'm just saying.] He mentally groaned as he continued to follow the Dragon Commander.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2017, 04:57:24 AM »

"Groooaaaaar!" Bright fireballs went ballistic as, in the split moment that it seemed that Eric and Jay had their backs to him, Pyro lit up his scorch release in preparation for steaming murder.

Before he could pull this off, however, the balls of light seemed to be whisked away, and the great desert dragon dropped to the ground. Jay and Eric both would be able to sense the crowd surrounding Pyro literally suck the chakra from both him and the attack; he was left with at best 10 chakra, just enough to live on, and without further ado the dragons got to work restraining him with ordinary chains and hauling him off. The stolen chakra seemed to be be stored in the dragons' at first, but then vanish, as if it had been transported, the chakra like a wave heading out Eastward to some unknown destination.

"As you two may  be aware of, there is currently a war going on in this land." It did not seem that Reibi really cared or at any point felt threatened by Pyro, the reason by now fairly obvious. "The power of Ignitus unfortunately went with his death, but if he can be revived, then his power can be reattaind for our purposes. I imagine that the Rinnegan is among your arsenal, my young Lord?"

Reibi continued to lead the crew towards a path up a gently sloped mound, the Spyral gates towering above. How high they went was up for grabs, but the grooves made the two spires look oddly enough like horns, chakra seemingly still flowing through them despite the odd occurences of the land. Reibi stopped a few feet from the center, looking up to admire the view.

"They say that Yumei was brought here to conduct his training, to have symmery with the very first dragon sage. While I doubt that to be true, there is no doubt that reviving the dragon, even if successful, is a wasteful endeavor. As a result, I have prepared a team to salvage the relic's parts so that they can be processed and used to improve our gear back Home."

Eric did not seem to bat an eye to Pyro's rapid shutdown, but even he, walking on twos could sense that there was some logic to the plan. The spires, more likely than not, were the dragon's horns, Eric surmrised, and the fact that they radiated chakra even after all this time was a testament to the power of the deceased. Or the power of someone who came after who placed the chakra there in the first place.

"What I need from you, 'Guardian', is a name, for starters."

Reibi turned, flicking his tail irritably in Eric's direction.

JayJay

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2017, 04:26:21 AM »

Jay didn't pay much mind to Pyro's rage induced roar, though the air around him did grow immensely hotter in his preparation. On the off chance that Pyro's attack was going to make it, he was going to burst into flames in his defense. But, something, i.e. Commander Reibi's complete calmness, told him that worrying wouldn't have been necessary. It seemed that holding the reigns back on his instincts proved to be right. But, he was extremely disappointed in Pyro's behavior and told himself that he would need to do something about it.

[I told you so. Now, blow his head up the next time you see him. Don't give him the opportunity to cross you again.] Matatabi Roared in annoyance at the disrespect the dragon showed towards her container. Jay ignored her rage and listened to Reibi speak, mentally groaning from one key reminder. While it was possible for him to simply devour someone with the qualities for him to obtain the Rinnegan, he would not be able to actually claim the Dojutsu due to magical restrictions in the realm. While he did have another way, One's Own Resurrection Technique, without the excess of souls he once held before gaining his immortality, he didn't see himself using it anytime soon. Though, speaking of the Rinnegan, he knew he would have to speak to Kisuke about the progress of his Project when he returned home. Unknowingly, like Yumei, he was working on creating another lifeform... though it was more akin to the process of Genesis, even though he wasn't aware of the process the man went through either. Of course, in the avenue of abilities, he had to halt the progress because he had yet to go through the training to get Dust and Decay like he was begging his sensei for, for quite a while. So, of course, he would have to hold on to his Steel and Explosion until then.

Of course, he didn't want to tell the Commander the details of why he didn't have it, so he shook his head in the negative. "I do not, at the moment." He spoke firmly, inwardly annoyed at the fact of the matter. But, even he could sense how much power was within the horns of this creature. If the horns were this large, the dragon must have been even larger. He had to finish his Project soon. Keeping his gaze towards the sky for a bit longer, he resisted the urge to whistle in amazement.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 19 queries.