Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Burdens of the Sage [ Eric and Jay RP]  (Read 16284 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Re: Burdens of the Sage [ Eric and Jay RP]
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2017, 02:22:11 AM »

A name? What did he need a name for? "Strythio."

"Strythio, hm? Well then, Strythio, son of Genesis, the two of you should have more than enough power between the two of you to help raise the rest of the behemoth from the ground without igniting all of the natural energy about us?"

Reibi seemed almost, playful, in his response, as if he fully expected the two to take offense at the relative ease of the task.

The mighty Spyral Gates, the horns of the previous dragon, had ash over them, but strangely enough, were not rotted; to be made of bone they had quite the durability in this environment. 

"Such labor seems a bit, below him, don't you think?" Whilst Eric suggested this, his mind began running through the most efficient way to make this work without using shadow imitation. Not that he had ever met this dragon before, but Eric suspected that him using his own shadow imitation might tip him off as a faker as far as "Guardian made by a technique" goes. The man was so accustomed to using shadow imitation that it took more effort trying to think of a way not to use it than it did think of a way to use his shadow to get the job done.

"Below him? Should be rather easy and quick then."
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 02:23:12 AM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2017, 03:02:54 AM »

"That's it?" Jay simply asked the dragon, making sure to mentally instill the name Strythio under Eric's name for, alias. Taking another look towards the large horns, he turned his attention back to the Commanding Dragon. "You just want us to pull the dragon from the dirt, all archeology style?" The tone of his voice held a hint of disbelief to it. As if, he couldn't believe that this dragon had the nerve to ask such a thing to a supposed Lord.

In truth, he was looking towards the Dragon Commander with a newfound respect, seeing that while it might seem like he was showing respect to royalty, he wasn't afraid to treat them any differently from the norm. The two were alike in that aspect, as he worked on a, 'Give me a reason to respect you' philosophy. Until the reason was presented, he would be polite, but he would not feel remorse if he had to kill them later on. So far, only Matatabi and his own children held his true respect. [Awww, you're such a softie!] 'Dang it, Matatabi, I was having a moment.' [Okay, okay, I'll be quiet now.. you big ol' softie.] After that, she cut the connection between them, causing the young Nara to mentally growl.

Contemplating the answer to be yes, he started to think of the way immediately. His Mind's Eye was providing the layout beneath them and focusing more on the actual size of the dragon. He spoke of doing it in a way that didn't ignite the Natural Energy and that seemed to make sense. Of course, with his Senninka, he was growing worried with how it would affect the Energy around the skeletal remains of the great dragon.

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2017, 03:21:49 AM »

With their respective sensories, the Naras could clearly see that the horns were literally the tip of the iceberg. The fortifications were literally sitting on top of what was once the skull, the vast majority of the skeleton noteably missing scales. The spires towered a good 200 feet in the air, but the skull itself once had enough space for several Hokage Mansions or a similarly sized building to fit comfortably in just the remains of the eye sockets. Much of the body was decrypt, but what the Naras would notice would be the very center of the large skeleton that radiated energy.

Jay, his background again in mind here, could faintly determine that there very well may be a spirit or two bound to that center point. It was within the decrypt ribcage, and based on the limbs (including the wings) the entire structure had to weigh several dozen tonnes. How such a beast could get off the ground with that kind of weight, plus muscle, fat, scales, etc. would make a great feature on Ancient Aliens, or even Modern Marvels. Interestingly, the horns seemed connected somehow to the earlier mentioned Point.

Reibi chuckled. "We want the parts, ALL of the parts, in good condition, so I would not advise planetary destruction. Plus, we still have our Fortifications here to think about."

This, then, was going to be a pain in the ass to do without shadows, Eric concluded to himself. He could dig his shadows beneath the ground and literally migrate the thing to the surface, and if Jay did not suggest anything, that was precisely what he intended on doing. 

"I have an idea for getting all of these pieces to the surface, but, my Lord, if you have any ideas, I am all ears."
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

JayJay

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2017, 05:35:21 AM »

While the young Nara was unaware of how much the deceased dragon weighed, he didn't have to really worry about lifting it. While that was his first thought, he had kept the fortifications in his mind. Smoothly, he had dropped to a crouch, his tattooed hand (right) gently sweeping itself against the swelteringly hot soil. "If dear old Ignitus knew you had built a structure atop his remains, he would be most unpleased at the disrespect... well, I know I would be." He added after a while. He gathered a bit of the dirt into his hand and familiarized himself with the texture and finding it rather similar to the soil of their home realm. This, ultimately, didn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but it was still good to know.

But, having good ideas must be a Nara trait, because Jay had been thinking of doing the same thing, but in a single trip. But, the dragon was surely massive, more so than he could have imagined. Did dragons really get this gigantic? So humungous that the Hokage Mountain could snuggle up in one of it's eye sockets? Talk about, bigger than life. "Let me handle it, Stry... just hold onto my cloak." As if by that voice command, a white thin line began to run down the front of his Manji Cloak, the Triskelion symbol on the back of the garment glowing a slightly brighter white as it did so. The pretend Demigod stood back to his full height, his hand reaching up to separate the, now, two sections of his cloak so that he could take it off.

Once it was open, the chakra that was being held back rushed out like a wave. Luckily, he had reined in the brunt of it so that it wouldn't disrupt the Natural Energy below them. Slowly, but surely, he too was losing interest in keeping his chakra actively suppressed, hence the reason why he was constantly wearing his cloak nowadays, so them and generally any and every dragon in the area would be able to sense his and Matatabi's large pool of chakra broiling inside of him. Though, after the initial wave, any further outward influences wouldn't occur.

His attire beneath the cloak was that of the white karate styled Gi he'd been seen wearing for the past few times he's been seen in public, most notably the Iwa trip. Usually, he would be like his sensei and be without the top portion of the attire, but he was feeling like stepping out of that shadow and being his own man, like before his integration into the Uzumaki Clan those precious two years ago... or near two years... he wasn't even sure anymore.. it felt like forever really. Where was I, he forgot his train of thought. Well, anyway, he would of course hand off the cloak to his Grandmaster, forgetting about the whole 500 pound seal that he had on it at all times. Though, with his Sage Mode active, it wouldn't be a problem to him, so, it was a good thing.

[You really plan on eating the entire thing with just your shadow? You know it's going to be impossible by yourself right?] Matatabi returned with a mental bonk on the Nara's head. 'Not with that attitude. With all this Natural Energy and your power, I can.' The Nekomata grumbled in her own mind, finding that it he was in the right position, it could surely be possible. [Picking it out of the ground would be easier, in my opinion.]

Jay cracked his neck for a moment, shaking his head in the negative to Matatabi's words while loosening himself up at the same time. 'Not with those souls in there. One wrong move and they could either end up ascending to the Pure Land or flying off to possess another dragon and we do not need more Sereans... Plus, these two horns are going to be all the assistance I need.' Of course, the shadows cast by the 200 feet tall horns would more than lengthen his natural shadow's length and provide it with more than enough yield to cover the entirety of the dragon. "Commander Reibi, did Ignitus eat anybody before he perished? I'm sensing another lingering soul mixed in with his."

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2017, 05:55:16 AM »

Eric assumed that it was an expression, but understanding the roleplaying stance he had played himself into, he grabbed onto Jay's Manji cloak with some hesitance, presuming this was allowed to be done. When Jay proceeded to remove it and hand it to him, Eric audibly grunted from the 500 pounds of weight that suddenly found itself upon his right arm. Not normally a heavy lifter type, Eric attempted to play it off by using two arms, yang chakra coursing through his body as he focused on enhancing his strength to at least keep from breaking himself from the unwarranted weight of the cloak.

What in Spyral's name was the reason for a cloak this HEAVY? Eric might could suspect for training purposes, but truth be told, at this point in time, his primary desire was to hand back the weight as soon as physically able. Of course, with the mix of senjutsu and yang release chakras in his body, Eric's nails grew into claws and his barely audible grunts came out more as a hiss.

He continued to sense the pent up energies of his fellow Nara Order member, and found himself reassured that the Inner Beast Spirit Transformation would have been an unecessary addition to the man's bits and pieces.

Reibi seemed to take note of Eric's apparent effort, at least initially, to lift the cloak. He turned his attention back to Jay upon hearing his commentary regarding the fort, to which the dragon mentally noted that dead dragons raze no towns. He frowned when Jay asked regarding the matter of souls.

"Maybe, but the dragon's last meal is hardly of any concern to me. Ignitus possessed incredible chakra, even by dragon standards. Just make sure that you do not severely damage the structure. No doubt those chakras mixed with the natural energy around here would send off an energy burst great enough to alert our enemies to our presence.

JayJay

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2017, 02:10:34 AM »

Jay was almost tempted to do just that, throw caution to the wind and destroy pretty the fort to get the dragon from beneath it. And surely, if he was still an Agent of Chaos, he would have done just that. He was wrong to say Mountain before and replacing it with Mansion now makes a whole lot more sense. Though, it would have been absolutely amazing to have such a creature as an ally, he believed that a dragon that size would be far more dangerous if it turned out to be too evil. Fortunately, he was working with smaller dimensions now and that made him all the more confident that he would most likely succeed.

The young Nara wasn't paying much attention to his Grandmaster, but managed to sense an increase in the man's physical energies. He knew the man was experienced enough to not have the slight imbalance disturb his Sage Transformation too much, and if he was to look, he would see the difference in the man's claws. The hiss sounded like the hissing from before, which only reminded him of it. Jay turned his attention towards Reibi, shrugging lightly. For a Commander, wanting to remain covert to the knowledge of one's enemies made the most sense. It was pretty much Being a Ninja 101. "Right... one moment." He spoke calmly before walking over to submerge himself in the shadow of the closest protruding horn.

When he got there, he smoothly dropped into a crouch, once again resting his hand in the dirt. Because he was in the shadow, he would be connected to the beast beneath, in a manner. "Let's bind you real quick, after all... what's yours is mine..." He said, refraining from speaking the rest of the command, as the shadow of the horn slowly grew darker. He gave the shadow a smile as it began to wriggle and pull away from its previous position to pool around him as if it was painted on the ground. Because of this, the horn lost its shadow, standing alone as it's companion was temporarily stolen by the young Nara.

The Sinful power of Snatch from the lovely Sin of Greed, Zeroh, coursed through his being. Feeling the power of the Sins always felt invigorating for him, nearly intoxicating at times, but he's gotten a better hold of their power recently. Of course, recently, when he trained with their power, he's be unable to manifest their original forms on the outside as they were originally intended. Meaning, he would first have to replenish their souls inside of him, before he could do it. Because of this, they've turned into near split-personalities, piggy-backing off of the power of his soul. It was okay, because it was tied into his chakra, and he had a lot of that, so he didn't have to worry too much on overuse. [Aww, what happened to using me? It would have been fun.] [Sorry, Matatabi, but Jay's all mine now.] [Your lucky you're connected to Jay, otherwise I-] 'Can you two hush, I'm trying to concentrate.'

The exchange lasted but a moment, in that time, the shadow began to burrow underground, completely silent. Despite the fact that it was as physical as either one of them, it was moving through the ground, leaving the ground completely undisturbed in the process. Of course, this was due to the slow and steady speeds it was moving with. Just because he was connected to the energy below, didn't account for that second source. It was still it's own entity and could release that pulse Reibi spoke of if it was disturbed. Of course, this was going to take at least two more turns to safely remove the dragon. He just hoped he would have the time to prevent any mishaps. Perhaps this second soul was just what they needed to revive the ancient dragon with no drawbacks?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2017, 02:33:47 AM »

"Humans never cease to surprise me." Reibi blinked, seeing the shadow of the horns being stripped from their place. "Not the power of an Uchiha does he use, but that of a shadow manipulator. How, odd."

Sensing what could best be described as a deep rooting, Eric had to admit that Jay's shadow imitation was greater than he had expected it to be; usually when he ran into other strong Naras they tended to focus on their other attributes more. To say the least, the Grandmaster was only surprised long enough to take note of the last sentence of Reibi. What was so odd about it?

Well, Yumei not ever using shadow imitation, maybe. But surely Reibi had not expected Jay to use the preta path, with its more destructive show of force? What had he expected if something like this was odd?

"Strythio, do you know the story of Felix the Shade?"

Eric shook his head.

"Figures, probably not a story that someone like Yumei would confess to having heard and believed. Felix was a powerful creature who ensured that dragon worship would never be the same. Half dragon, half phoenix, all burning terror."

"Sounds like he should have been a Dragon King."

Reibi chuckled darkly, walking forward a few steps from Eric.

"He was an enforcer who firmly believed that dragons and humans should never come together. He and his kind sought to destroy any harmony between humans and dragons out of fear that one day, dragons would become tainted by them. Truly inspiring how the act of accepting worship can change a culture. Wouldn't you say?"

"Yes, you know what they say about absolute power."

Reibi chuckled again, this time in a much lighter tone.

Yes well, Felix the Shade slaughtered and destroyed entire villages upon command, until he lost all command. All he knew was slaugther, and so he continued, turning the image of the dragon from a god to that of a demon. No land has quite had an odd connection to dragons as Fire Country."

Reibi turned towards the great horns, and then looked towards Jay.

"All the powers to destroy, and yet, still brought low by that which worshiped him and his kind as gods. Draco wants to bring that kind of dragon back to power, one that will not tolerate mankind's advances, and instead return to a period of isolation and superiority."

Eric did not respond. How could he? He didn't want to risk confirming something that was not true and give away another falsehood, but his interest had been piqued at this point.

JayJay

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2017, 03:26:32 AM »

Jay tried to not pay too much attention to the words being spoken not very far from him. He wasn't entirely human, but ehh, what else was the dragon to assume? He knew this would be suspicious, but he could always chalk it up to training, since his sensei managed to learn it, despite not being a Nara. Plus, his Sharingan techniques were fighting tools and he wasn't in a scrap. He could use Suguwara no Michizane once again, but it wasn't yet the time for it. He did plan to use it, to better understand the dragon's energies when he completely submerged it with his shadow.

[This, Felix the Shade, sounds like a badass! Imagine the power you can get if you had him under your control. Hell, imagine it if you ate him instead.] It was obviously Zeroh was possibly too intoxicated with the idea of assimilating the power of either of these dragons into Jay's control. With her Greed filling Jay's motives, he too was beginning to desire the power more than the possible companionship. [Cool it down, Jay, don't let her warp your thoughts... there's no way I'm gonna have you become stronger than me.] [Someone's starting to act like Kur-] [I am not envious of my container's growth!] 'Seriously, shut up!' Jay began to grow irritated at their bickering, because they were right in his mind and he could not ignore something like that. [-n't yell at me...] The soft mutterings of Matatabi drifted along the rivers of his mind.

When she said this, he felt his shadow reaching the dragon, slowly spilling over it. It was a slow wrapping process, but the Nara was thinking of it like a Christmas gift, the careful OCD-like precision of the manipulations were making it easy to prevent any outwards effects from occurring.

Perhaps it was a good thing they were bickering, because it kept him from blurting out, "I have those." when the Dragon Commander mentioned both a dragon and a phoenix. The wings of the mighty beasts were present on his back, which was covered by his Gi.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2017, 06:38:38 AM »

"How would you sleep at night, knowing that the dragon that ordered the murder of your family was trying to take control of your world?"

Reibi's eyes shifted to a bright azure, as if looking at some image that could not be seen with the naked eye. Expectant silence suggested that the question had not been intended as rhetorical, but Eric did not respond, effectively turning it to one. He turned his gaze towards the forts still abuzz with dragon and sheep activity.

"Not well, I imagine. Are you hungry, Strythio?"

"Half-starved."

"A dragon modelled after my brother all right."

Reibi stared towards Jay.

As Jay's shadow encompassed more of the dragon's physical frame, the bright centerpiece that had so caught his attention earlier flickered. It flickered again, and then, like a candle, it seemed to go out, only to flare back again before flickering and then going out. More quickly it continued this repetition, until it seemed to go out for an extended duration of time. From what could be sensed, the spiritual energy had not dissipated. However, assuming that Jay, being a Nara, had a tactile connection with his shadow even without something to enhance it like the Shadow Seal that Eric bore, he could finally determine that there seemed to be a physical crystal-like object that contained the spiritual energy.

It seemed responsive to the nearness of chakra, as if it drew back its energies as a result of Jay's actions. Concerns over the energy being mass released, then, could be hypothesized to be only a result of somehow shattering or inappropriately disturbing the crystal. Even then, just how sturdy it was was hard to put down.

JayJay

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2017, 04:46:08 AM »

By this part of their conversation, it was falling on deaf ears as Jay focused solely on the happenings below him. There was a lot of concerning activity with the energy inside the dragon that it was putting the young Nara on edge. 'Oh boy, I don't like the looks of this.' His shadow slowed more and gave the dragon a bit more slack, about a full foot of slack. [How about employing a contingency plan... like that one seal you have in your cloak.]

It was a good idea, using the Four Black Fogs Formation to prevent the enemy dragons from detecting what they were doing. But, it would also keep all but him from detecting the energy inside, only because it would be through his shadow. [Or, switch out your chakra for Natural Energy. It's been resting easily inside of the Natural Energy all this time and hasn't been acting up.] Another good idea, ideas he was sure to employ.

With the control he had over Natural Energy, through Shizenjutsu, he would slowly imbue his shadow with the energy and pull away his own chakra. As he was pulling his chakra away, it began to pulse in rapid succession. His shadow began to produce black and purple smoke, only to return to his shadow and swirl around the dragon along with the Natural Energy filled shadow. 'This is feeling less like a soul and more like something more primordial. Surely this must be because it was the first Dragon King.' He wasn't even sure if that was true or not, but he was feeling anxious in whether he should bring this dragon back to life or not? Or whether he would be able to in the first place?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2017, 02:36:25 PM »

Jay slowing his chakra did not cause the spiritual energy to spring back into the forefront of sensory; it remained shelled in within its crystal, even as natural energy was added to Jay's shadow. At this point Jay could surmise that the presence of foreign chakra in general seemed to affect the crystal. No doubt actually touching it with chakra directly might would cause something interesting to happen, albeit since the shadow imitation itself was a yin release, what the possible effects could be ranged greatly.

Well, not that greatly, actually, if a few things were considered.

It was a crystal with spiritual energy stored within it. Buried underneath the ash and in some places igneous rock of the land, the crystal itself probably acted as a container of sorts, meaning that it would take more than a touch with shadow imitation to shatter it. Truth be told, at worst the crystal's contained energies would, without a specific technique or method, do nothing but act within the crystal itself. While spiritual energies naturally have been associated with spirits and souls in the past, the powers of imagination were not necessary for a living being to possess a spirit or a soul, nor was it necessary to have a soul or spirit with retention of imaginative powers.

Enough posturing, though, Jay could probably gamble at this point that he could finish taking the entire lot out of its place without causing a great disturbance of sorts, despite Reibi's warnings, as long as he removed everything as a single unit and not in pieces.

"Why don't you go try some of our stock? A little roasting with some of our secret sauce and you will never eat cattle the same way again."

"What's in the sauce?"

"A secret."

Eric stared at Reibi with an incredulous expression. Well no duh, that was why it was called "secret" sauce! Eric wanted to know what the secret ingredient was.

Reibi turned his head to stare at Eric blankly, his eyes shifting to a yellow-orange coloration.

Eric's stomach protested Eric's continued resistance to leave with a very loud growl. Eric frowned sheepishly and averted his eyes towards the fortress. The charade had its perks, but maybe it was a good time to start checking on Pyro. After all, Jay was, so far, in their good graces, but Pyro was considered the enemy. Eric needed to make sure they were not interrogating him or something, lest he give them any damaging information.

Still, leaving Jay by himself seemed unwise.

"Once the Lord is done, then I will dine, and taste test this, secret sauce, for his sake. Then I would like to see the enemy that he subjugated-"

"No need, as Yumei's offspring I have no doubt that he will recall the taste. Besides, the enemy is locked within the tomb, he will not be leaving anywhere anytime soon."

Wait, tombs were supposed to contain corpses right? If they locked him in the tomb that was nowhere near where Jay, Reibi, and Eric was, then what in the world were they unearthing? Or maybe the better question was, was the dragon definition of a tomb different than the human definition of one?

JayJay

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2017, 03:50:30 AM »

(Apologizes for the late reply)

It was simple from this point onwards. Still giving the dragon a foot of slack, the Natural Energy filled shadow proceeded to wrap around the dragon and each of its individual limbs, including, its wings, tail, and it even stretched upwards to cover the two large horns. From this action, the horns would slowly turn black, like a crawling goop was devouring the two structures in its entirety.

The horns were the most pressing part of the process, considering the shadow had to make direct contact with it. The young Nara was on his highest alert as this happened, causing him to make it fast. With the pace having been picked up for the horns, he would pulse his chakra, regardless if the energy with grew sporadic for any reason. This pulsing of his chakra would be the completion of his Devouring Shadow Technique, in which that within the shadow would seemingly implode upon itself. This would send the contained skeletal structure to the Shadow Dimension. His control over the construct was still in full force, for the next thirty seconds, luckily he was already pulling it back out in front of him.

The horns would be gone from where they once were, but what would be replaced, would be a large earthen cocoon. The dragon would have been perfectly preserved within the Earthen hive that surrounded it. The Nara stood to his feet, barring no negative happenings between him and the energy, he would close the distance with the deceased being with a steady walk, before ascending into the air once more. He would slowly flow to where the snout would be and gently touched the earthen prison. `"Soon, my friend, I will feed you the world."

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2017, 07:55:57 PM »

(Sorry for the really late reply)

"Excellent!"

Reibi clapped with only a hint of sarcasm present.

"We will take it from here."

Reibi sent out a pulse of chakra. This pulse was then followed by a small force of incredibly burly dragons; they were of various colors and types, but all shared a muscular physique that suggested that they were here to physically transport the entire construct. Quite a daring task, these dragons realized, once they actually saw just how massive the cocooon was. However, teh cocoon did make it easier to keep everything together, at least, so after calling for backup, there being about 60 of these particular dragons in total now, presuming they were not interrupted nor interfered with by Jay, would begin lifting the large construct from where it lay.

"Come, Lord Jay, I imagine you are ready for a tour of the facility, and some dining after your journey here today. Come on."

Reibi would turn to leave.

Eric yet still gawked at the size of the cocoon construct. He whistled, imagining the amount of strength required to move it physically, although a question came to mind.

"Where are they taking this, thing?"

"That is not really any concern of yours, Strythio."

JayJay

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2017, 10:58:28 PM »

Jay turned his gaze towards Reibi for a moment, before looking back to the earthen cocoon of the deceased dragon. He would mark the earth with his Hiraishin, that of a miniscule black dot, before descending towards the ground. He didn't have a problem with the amount of dragons that were needed to lift the construct, so he simply moved to follow the Dragon Commander. "Let's go Stry." He sounded as he easily lifted his cloak from the man's possession and draped it back around him, locking it once more.

"So, where exactly are you taking Ignitus' remains?" He decided to ask the same question as Eric, to sate both of their curiosities.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2017, 02:21:19 AM »

Eric grunted, having by this point gotten somewhat accustomed to the extra weight. Well, accustomed in that he did not have to walk around with it now that he had been relieved of coat rack duties.

"Someplace useful."

Reibi would not elaborate more than that as he lead the way back to the entrance to the entrenchment. The large construct would be lifted by the earlier mentioned team of dragons and flown off in a northerly direction, certainly not the same direction that the trio had come from.

Eric, recalling at this point their original objective was to take the Spyral Gate in order to help hasten the Siege of Mons, made a silent guess that whatever it was in truth, it was likely headed to Mons to reinforce the garrison members, Eric, Jay, and Pyro's technical opposition. This meant that taking the corpse might would be a measure that would raise the spirits of the garisson, and make them much harder to conquer.

With this conclusion, Eric determined that, while it was important to get back on track, they needed to refuel with food and get their bearings for this whole conflict before blindly following orders any further. So when it became clear that Reibi had no intentions on elaboration, he took it as a cue that they might not be as trusted, or fooled rather, than they initially let on. For all intents and purposes, Pyro was a liability thanks to Eric's plan.

Smooth thinking, Eric chided himself, even as the smell of roasted meat seasoned with tingling spices reached his nose, chow mein noodles in boiling water, even vegatables roasting over an open fire by the smell of it. Eric followed Reibi through the twisting and turning trenches, taking note of the obsidian that yet still lined every inch of it. The edges were sharp, and while the floors were smooth, it was apparent that carving out the fort had been a matter of caution as it had been great craftsmanship.

Into the dining chambers he would walk, noticing the large doorway. He sensed a greater presence of dragons here, calmly chatting and going about their business. A surprisingly large number of them seemed to ignore the newcomers, and as they tore into the large mutton chops and beef steaks and what looked to be, lemon cake?  Ramen noodles? Fish? He had not smelled any trace of that last one, even with his enhanced smell sensitivity in his current state.

"Seems that my nose has deceived me, Reibi. You all have quite the assortment of food."

Reibi stopped, gesturing outwards to the large mess hall with outstretched arms. The loitering dragons did not respond, the glassy walls reflecting enough light around to make a better distraction to their dining.

Indeed, several small sections each with their own small kitchens held fairly human sized dragons serving dragons of many sizes and shapes; one looked like a ramen or dango shop, another a bistro, yet another some sort of bakery. The aromas were so conflicting at points that it was obvious why the most overpowering of them, the meats, seemed to dominate. At each of the booths was also the aforementioned sauce, some of which some of the dragons seemed to heartily take their mashing of.

"We try to limit the smells areas of travel, but cooking for so many requires a jutsu to be of use. Not that that is important. Eat, drink, and be merry; if you need me I will be in the Strategic Room across the trench."

Reibi gestured back towards the entrance, a depressed but guarded entryway sitting tucked across the trench. The entrance merely had some sort of privacy cloth over it, so chances were they were not expecting any real intruders. With his statement, Reibi turned to take his leave, unless of course stopped by Jay at some point.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 20 queries.