Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: It is me again, guys. You're favorite redhead >_>  (Read 8668 times)

Hazama

• View Profile
It is me again, guys. You're favorite redhead >_>
« on: March 09, 2017, 02:50:17 AM »

Alright, so I don't exactly think I need to explain why I am making this topic because my gut tells me that talk has spread like wildfire. Regardless, for those of you who do not know, Ryoji/Rusaku went and convinced my judge that seven days had passed when clearly I had not gone past the time limits. Hell, I should know about time limits, I specifically made sure to wait ten minutes after two certain hosts went two weeks without posting before I stripped them, just to make sure they couldn't BS their ways through it.

That being said, the topic of discussion is here;
http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,9331.0.html

And there is a lot of debating about timezones and a lot of scrambling going around on both ends, but it really boils down to if I passed seven days total. Now in one of those posts, the later ones, Ryoji's makes mention that if my boss gives me something on my way out of work than I can't give it to them right before I am leaving, it is do the morning of that day. And while he isn't wrong, this isn't my job, this is a game. This is a game where time limits are extremely important, where a minute or second can make a difference >.> Jinchuuriki have been posting hours before their deadlines for years now, an annoying thing that happens, especially when it is done on purpose. But no one has ever been stripped before a total of 7 Days passed, not 6 Days, 22 Hours, and some certain amount of minutes.

Now my main argument here is this. On the first page of talking, Shadow was kind enough to provide us with a time.

Shadow's post;
"My profile is currently on the forum default.

March 1, 2017. 2:22 am - Posted
March 8, 2017. 12:10am - Current

My computer says it's 6 pm on the 7th.

Pls halp am confuzed.

Do I need to change my forum time to get to the same decision you did? It's on the default right now."

And then Ryoji's reply;
"You just posted saying it's been 7 days. Thanks Shadow, you're the best <3

the first through the eighth is 7 days.

I posted on a Tuesday, and it is now Tuesday once again. Though the forum is in German time, so it would be Wednesday to Wednesday, which is still 7 days surprisingly enough.

All it says on the rules is 7 days, not 168 hours. Though if Tobais is to be trusted (And we Both agreed that his judgment was sound, considering he was the judge WE picked), even he says it's been a full week. Hilariously enough, we lack any rules saying a judge can be booted if his ruling is not pleasing to one party, so his ruling is final here.

So this fight is concluded, and I will be making claims to the 3 tailed beasts we agreed were up for grabs, and will be making a legal Auto hit based off of that entrance post. Even though it's entirely invalid, its really all I have to work with." 

I highlighted the part in Ryoji's post where he says Shadow turned around and proved him right, but the reason I pointed this out is because Ryoji takes the time to admit that Shadow ISN'T wrong about the numbers he was given. That being said, work with me.

March 1st to March 2nd = 1 Day.
March 2nd to March 3rd = 2 Days.
March 3rd to March 4th = 3 Days.
March 4th to March 5th = 4 Days.
March 5th to March 6th = 5 Days.
March 6th to March 7th = 6 Days.
March 7th to March 8th = 7 Days.

Now with that being said, the exact time that Ryoji's post was made on March 1st, according to him and what he agreed on with Shadow, was 2:22 AM. And the time that I posted my entrance, although it was poop, was at 12:10 AM. o.o So, if you are getting super technical, I posted two hours and twelve minutes before the time limit was up.

And even if you don't want to go by technical times, our judge's decision was made on March 7(you can go back and look, second post in the topic I linked before) at roughly 11:47 PM. So even if you don't want to say that I posted an hours before my time was due, I still have all of the seventh day to finish posting ._. and as I pointed out above, my seventh day would be the Eighth. Which is today, my birthday, and is still very much going on at this point.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 03:00:12 AM by Athos »
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Chinote

• View Profile
Re: It is me again, guys. You're favorite redhead >_>
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 03:21:30 AM »

Well, since people who aren't directly involved feel the need to tell me I should be involved since I'm also fighting Athos, I suppose I will get involved. And despite what those parties are telling me, they're wrong.

Look at the timestamps of their posts. If you honestly believe Athos' first RP post is more than 7 days after Rusaku made the thread, then you need to go back to grade school and probably surrender any authority or power you think you have, because there's no need for such a blatant display of stupidity to hold any sort of sway, honestly. Like, yea, I'd love for Athos to just hand me Kurama, but I'm not taking him out on a false technicality in someone else's fight.

So, leave me alone now please.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 03:26:05 AM »

Err, I think you're right. (Since I'm EST, I offset forum time by -6)

https://www.timeanddate.com/date/durationresult.html?m1=2&d1=28&y1=2017&m2=3&d2=7&y2=2017&h1=20&i1=23&s1=36&h2=17&i2=46&s2=56

That's from initial post to Tobias' post.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 03:29:58 AM by Genesis »

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 03:32:38 AM »

Since yesterday I have come to the conclusion that they were trying to screw Athos over on a technicality.

I offset the forum to various different times. It changed the date Rusaku posted as well as the current date.
----------

----------
It doesn't matter where your personal timezone is as I stated. He still had around 2 hours by the time he posted.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 03:34:22 AM by Ѕhadow »
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Genesis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 03:35:34 AM »

Since yesterday I have come to the conclusion that they were trying to screw Athos over on a technicality.

I don't think they were trying to screw him over, I just think they couldn't read time.

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 04:04:57 AM »

Hmm, if it was an honest error/Athos was in the right, I think he should be allowed to continue his fight as is and be given an apology for the error of those who incorrectly judged against him.

Such rulings must be done with accuracy. If the ruling is wrong, we must reverse it and do our best to keep such errors from happening again.
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 04:13:14 AM »

After offsetting to my timezone (which I know matches Athos) this is what I got

Rus posted Feb 28, 8:22 pm.

The judge said Athos was out of time March 7 5:46 pm.

I get the point Rus makes about it being seven days (date wise) but people are entitled to the full amount of time seven days is, 168 hours. Therefore Athos has 2 hours and some change to work with. Rather than argue, he officially posted a small sentence at 6:16 pm.

So as much as I'd like to see this Montreal screw job on Athos play out (wrestling reference for ya bud!) This is a really a poor attempt. Either from malice or lack of time telling, or believing Rus point on a strictly date perspective.

So yeah, fight continues, Rus goes on the clock as soon as this thread is locked.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Vail

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 04:14:32 AM »

I was trying to screw him over? Lol. Yeah, no. I neglected to do the precise math on the duration, as Genesis did. I made a mistake. What reason would I have to screw Athos out of a biju? It would go to Ryoji, and I have no interest in owning a Biju myself.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2017, 04:18:22 AM »

I was trying to screw him over? Lol. Yeah, no. I neglected to do the precise math on the duration, as Genesis did. I made a mistake. What reason would I have to screw Athos out of a biju? It would go to Ryoji, and I have no interest in owning a Biju myself.

Fair enough, apologies. <3 I still love you.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2017, 04:19:25 AM »

Said screwing over, lacking precise math, or believing Rus. I don' think you have any reason to, just stated the three possible errors that could have occurred. If you took that as a shot to your character, I apologize.

Unless directed @ Shadow, in which case ignore me >>
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2017, 04:20:56 AM »

I was about to do the actual time thing, but it's already been addressed... so I'm just gonna show you a picture of a pizza.

And Happy Birthday old man!!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 04:26:37 AM by JayJay »

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2017, 04:26:30 AM »

Quote from: Shadow
Technically it has been 8 days based on the date, but the time has only been 6 days 20 hours and 30 mins or so.
Quote from: Rusaku
I posted on a Tuesday, and it is now Tuesday once again. Though the forum is in German time, so it would be Wednesday to Wednesday, which is still 7 days surprisingly enough.

Usually I try to let this solve itself and only involve myself, when I see sort of discrepancy. Everyone's time zones were completely mixed up, so I had to go find out which is the correct posting time by using my privileges. I also used the website that Tommi put up and the end result from the calculations was this: 6 days, 21 hours, 53 minutes and 56 seconds

Keep in mind that I calculated by this application, rather than by the equations that I have to manually solve. Which was much easier to let a computer solve it for me, since human error can be easily overlooked these days. Humans aren't perfect, so that's why we have programs that fill in the gaps of information that we sometimes miss.

Now I am not the judge, so I can't speak for that guy. But I'll retract my earlier statement and say that Athos wasn't in the wrong in this subject. He had about two hours, seven minutes and four seconds to post and he beat the stretch before the timer ticked down.

Personally, I don't think that is fair to pull the rug from the guy like this when the evidence says otherwise. So I went ahead and deleted my posts in that fight and I hope Shadow will do the same. Now all we need is an interjection of commentary from Rusaku, before we decide to continue the fight from the brief entrance post that Athos made. We can halt the timer for the time being until everything is settled here first.

PS: I have nothing to gain by screwing Athos over, because like I said before I don't favor any of you guys. I hate and love everyone equally as it should be. But I'll say this, I favor my pet kitty cat more than someone that lives miles away from me and only speaks to me when they need something.  ;)

PPS: I have a love-hate relationship going with most of the community here and that's pretty swell deal to me in my opinion.

PPPS: That's a damn good pizza slice right above my post.  :shock:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 04:29:07 AM by Camel »

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2017, 04:58:45 AM »

There's only one type of screwing Tobi would even try and do to me <3 Wincest~

But no, I'm glad this is getting cleared up and all nicely ^^ Thanks for the support guys, it means a lot. I know this is partly on me, for even waiting so long to post, but I was just caught up in life. Endless Appetizers are going on at my job and we've been short-handed >.> And keep running out of boneless wings.

Anyway, thanks again :D

@Jay Thanks <3 Even though you are still older than me~
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Genesis

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2017, 06:13:15 AM »

Yay, settled in less than one page.

It's up to Tobias how he wants to settle this, but if I were judge his 2 hours would start NOW.

jk, I'd give him like a day...tops.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2017, 06:16:42 AM »

PPPS: That's a damn good pizza slice right above my post.  :shock:

I wholeheartedly disagree with that statement so much that I'm going to make a spam topic :P
It looks like a slice you'd get from the budget brand frozen pizza. Even Little Caesars puts it to shame lol
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 17 queries.