Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Poll

What is the best style of pizza?

New York Thin Crust
- 1 (20%)
Chicago Deep Dish
- 0 (0%)
Detroit Deep Dish Pizza
- 2 (40%)
Old-fashioned Italian Pizza
- 0 (0%)
Some other kind of Pizza (describe/link in your post)
- 2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Favorite style of Pizza  (Read 3042 times)

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Favorite style of Pizza
« on: March 09, 2017, 06:26:04 AM »

So, what is your favorite kind of Pizza? We all know it's a super-food because it's the best and most healthy choice out there. It only gets healthier with more toppings as well. Speaking of toppings, once you pick your favorite style of pizza, let us know what your favorite toppings are as well. I know that 'favorite toppings' can be very broad because you might like a lot of stuff, but if you were going to get a pizza RIGHT NOW what would you order?

Also, everyone who is actively eating pizza when they post in this topic gets a free FTG and Edo Tensei claim lol
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Ѕhadow

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite style of Pizza
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 06:58:28 AM »

Like Chicago, it's called deep dish. xD Not square.

My favorite would have to be the aforementioned or Chicago. (I live in the Midwest if not already obvious)

My favorite topping is pepperoni by far. The staple of pizzas everywhere. After that it's dependent on how I'm feeling. Bacon is always second choice, but after that: ham, extra cheese, hamburger, chicken and others come into play.

My favorite pizza is a deep dish that's topped with extra pepperoni and bacon and has a cheese stuffed crust that's been brushed with garlic. <3

Of course I love nearly all pizza and have had a lot of different combinations. From Hawaiian to just crust and marinara sauce. Most of them are great, but a few just don't belong together.

Aside from Pepperoni and Bacon, I LOVE garlic butter. Although it'll give me a heart attack eventually I can't keep my hands off the stuff when I have the correct kind of pizza to pour/dip it on/in.

As for sides I'm happy with garlic bread or cheese sticks. Both add just the right amount of carbs to the already massive stack I intake with the pizza alone. As with the pizza itself I've had most of any kind of side you can think of with pizza. Chicken wings, salad, vegetables, fries, chips and so on.

To top off the meal a nice drink goes a long way. Sadly I don't drink alcohol, so I can't recommend a nice brew to complement the rustic flavor of a pizza. Really though almost anything will go with it. It's like the colors black and white. They match with anything.

Edit: I f**king love pizza. It's my favorite food.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 07:00:36 AM by Ѕhadow »
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 07:24:07 AM »

Detroit Deep dish, stuffed crust with pepperoni topping is king, especially when the edges are all buttery. The consistency of grease needs to be right as well. If it's too greasy the pizza can feel a tad watery. If not enough, it can feel a bit stale.
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 07:28:36 AM »

I'm honestly the same way when it comes to pizza. But my favorite style of Pizza has to be greek style. The crust is nice and chewy with, depending on the pizzeria, a crispy outer edge. It's not as thick as a deep dish, but it's usually loaded with a lot of toppings so you have to use two hands to hold it. And call me the devil, but I eat my pizza with a fork and knife when I can because I like to keep my fingers clean (and because greek style pizza usually has a bit of an oily crust thanks to the olive oil).

As for toppings, I'm a meat guy but don't really like pepperonis. Maybe I haven't had good ones, but most of the time I feel like it just makes the pizza unnecessarily greasy (which combo'd with the greek style isn't good). Hamburger, onions, and peppers are great and I enjoy a good provolone cheese topping. But if I was going to pick a pizza right now, I'd go with a Neapolitan with added hamburger. Garlic and fresh tomatoes on a pizza are an amazing combo.

I don't really need any sides, because I could put down a whole 18" pizza by myself if I really wanted to. But if a place has good and special wings, I'll get those. Always have water for a drink too.

And I can't understand how people can enjoy mixing ranch with pizza. You ruin the sanctity of pizza at that point, especially if you just dump that stuff on the pie.

A small, loaded greek pizza.

- The crust
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 07:32:42 AM by Becquerel »
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 08:48:14 AM »

As for toppings, I'm a meat guy but don't really like pepperonis. Maybe I haven't had good ones, but most of the time I feel like it just makes the pizza unnecessarily greasy
100%

Thick crust, stuffed with cheese preferred, but not needed. Pizza Hut's stuffed crust with the Hut Seasoning or the garlic butter has it on lock, but homemade can be just as good. Not a fan of thin crust and Chicago is way too saucy for me. I want a pizza, not a tomato pie.

Load that bitch up with all the meats. Sausage, Italian sausage, bacon, hamburger, chicken, steak, ham, you name it, I want it. But don't you dare sully that cheese with a greasy mess of pepperoni. Keep that outta here.
Black olives are cool, but of the other veggies I can eat (vitamin k is a no-no), none belong on a pizza.

You got cheese breads? You got garlic knots? You got wings? Cool. I'll take whatever. That shit's just as universal as the pizza itself. It goes with everything and they go great together.

Now I'm fucking hungry for pizza and it's 2am on a weekday, so nothing's open. Fuck.

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 04:02:29 AM »

I like all pizza... I don't discriminate >.> Not a big fan of certain toppings, but I'll take em off if they don't sit well with me.

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 23 queries.