Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Author Topic: Benefits of having Sage Mode before the Rinnegan/Sage Mode Split (Discussion)  (Read 3945 times)

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography

Figured I'd ask the community their opinion on this before I made any assumptions. Tomi legitimately RP'd learning and mastering Perfect Sage Mode before the Reset for it came out/the split in RP happened that you either got Rinnegan or Sage Mode, not both. So in character is it reasonable for him to be able to use the Preta Path's skill on a Senjutsu user's techniques and not get turned to stone because he possesses the knowledge and experience to still balance the natural energy ratio upon taking it into his body?

Does Tomi and other like characters who are well known to have had Perfect Sage Mode before things happened allowed to keep such knowledge/ability as a boon as long as they don't go Sage Mode themselves? Is it information they suddenly just forget? Or do you want to argue a person who had Sage Mode prior to the split and obtained Rinnegan later can use both but just not in the same fight?

You decide, tell me what you think should be the case and why.
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Eric

• View Profile

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,7715.0.html

This should save you some time regarding Preta path and senjutsu as far as chakra absorption, as that's probably on your mind.

To my understanding you aren't allowed to have Rinnegan and sage mode at the same time, so I assume that the answer would be no, though I'm not 100% on that.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile

I'm too lazy to look, but I don't think it's ever been voted on. So take that as you will. My memory is crap at times.

Technically the rules are you can't have both so people just assumed that meant any 'boons' went under that same category. Sensing included.

If I go from Rinnegan to Sage mode what boon(s) would I carry over? Gotta make it fair on both ends. :P
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile

Figured I'd ask the community their opinion on this before I made any assumptions. Tomi legitimately RP'd learning and mastering Perfect Sage Mode before the Reset for it came out/the split in RP happened that you either got Rinnegan or Sage Mode, not both. So in character is it reasonable for him to be able to use the Preta Path's skill on a Senjutsu user's techniques and not get turned to stone because he possesses the knowledge and experience to still balance the natural energy ratio upon taking it into his body?

Does Tomi and other like characters who are well known to have had Perfect Sage Mode before things happened allowed to keep such knowledge/ability as a boon as long as they don't go Sage Mode themselves? Is it information they suddenly just forget? Or do you want to argue a person who had Sage Mode prior to the split and obtained Rinnegan later can use both but just not in the same fight?

You decide, tell me what you think should be the case and why.

I wanna say, that you can just keep yourself from turning into stone if you happen to absorb Senjutsu/Natural Energy through use of the Preta Path. While, I too, was thinking of going that route, I don't think we can go the route of how Madara did things. But, if that's allowed, hey, go for it. If not, then you just don't turn to stone, or can expel Natural Energy from inside of you if turning into stone is being threatened. It's a lot of speculation.

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Kage

• View Profile

Something like that would defeat the purpose of having to choose which road to go down.

But if we do let people have the perks of both, then having Rinnegan + Sage Mode would be the must-have meta. (In that case, I'm jumping onto claiming both.)

Ѕhadow

• View Profile

The above comments are why it's not allowed.

Yes, let's let the SL community claim even more OP bs. Makes perfect sense! :D
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Timothy

• View Profile

Personally, I think In Character Tomi should still be able to disperse/absorb senjutsu chakra without turning to stone. He's not gaining Sage Mode, he simply retains the knowledge of how to handle the natural energy when it's absorbed otherwise he can simply create a seal using his prior knowledge/usage of such to disperse natural energy for him when it's absorbed into his system. No 'contact' sage mode, no circumventing the Rinne/Sage split, just something he in character managed to know how to do before Rinnegan was even allowed thus maintaining a 'side benefit'.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile

And thus the mass movement of people now changing back and forth between sage mode and rinnegan to retain certain traits from each.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile

If memory serves, the Preta Path turned to stone when it tried to absorb Naruto's senjutsu. With that being canon, I would say that is what we should stick to if a Rinne user goes up against a Sage.

As for prior knowledge and then 'switching', I say that you can only have what you currently are using. No blending of the two to maintain the continuity of SL's 'guidelines'.

Timothy

• View Profile

If memory serves, the Preta Path turned to stone when it tried to absorb Naruto's senjutsu. With that being canon, I would say that is what we should stick to if a Rinne user goes up against a Sage.

As for prior knowledge and then 'switching', I say that you can only have what you currently are using. No blending of the two to maintain the continuity of SL's 'guidelines'.

It happened only when the Preta Path made direct contact with Naruto which was established because the path of pain body didn't know how to balance the ration of the 3 sources of senjutsu chakra/it absorbed Jirayia's senjutsu just fine

Kage

• View Profile

Here's the thing though: If one is able to have both at the same time, then what keeps someone from simply using both at the same time? If we bend the rule here, then someone (most likely myself) will just Creation of All Things and Truth-Seeking Ball-spam whatever they want.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile

This is why we banned most shit after chapter 600

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile

You can get around pretaing senjutsu without turning to stone, but on SL there's no way to possess nor use rinne and legitimate full sage mode on same time without breaking the rule, so this thread has no point beyond this really.

Timothy

• View Profile

You can get around pretaing senjutsu without turning to stone, but on SL there's no way to possess nor use rinne and legitimate full sage mode on same time without breaking the rule, so this thread has no point beyond this really.

It was ultimately was all I was after, the consensus I didn't have to make a specific natural energy dispersion seal or something if I absorbed Senjutsu chakra from an outside source to cancel it out/convert it back to normal chakra due to my in character prior affinity for it.

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 18 queries.