Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: IC Rules 2 (discussion)  (Read 10912 times)

Eric

• View Profile
IC Rules 2 (discussion)
« on: April 01, 2017, 01:32:27 AM »

So, instead of working on the Honor System, I decided to work on the IC rules. It took me pretty much all afternoon but here it is:

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,9244.0.html

Some of the material in the aforementioned thread I again am going to reiterate, but I decided to make a new thread for the sake of focusing discussion on the organized draft of the IC rules. As a short "index", the following sections are to be placed:

* Terminology
* RP Rules as we know them (Edo, Hiriashin, sage mode, etc.)
*RP rules specific to the IC hunt

Without further ado, we start with Terminology in alphabetical order.

Terminology

Action: An action is anything that would require one turn in the shinobilegends game to do.

-For example, most jutsu in SL require one turn to utilize, so jutsu that require no more but handseal preparation beforehand are counted as a single action. Those that require previous jutsu to be activated first, in order to be completed in total, the total action count is the sum of all of the moves required to activate, the activation move, and an additional move to maintain the technique if desired. Examples: summoning Shima and Fukasaku and then using Senpo Goemon are two separate moves, so 2 actions required to use Senpo Goemon if Shima and Fukasaku have to be summoned. Action count does not take into account the time required to do each, so while in-game  a player summons Shima and Fukasakua, activates Magen: Gamarinshō, and the effects are instant, in actual RP a certain amount of time has to pass before this particular jutsu takes effect, so the player must maintain the technique past its initial activation for however long is necessary.

-"Basic" maneuvers and attacks, as a group, require one action. In other words, a player who climbs a tree by jumping from branch to branch has only done one action, while a player who twirls and then throws a hiraishin marked kunai to the top of the tree and warps to it using hiraishin has done 2 actions.

-Talking only requires an action if it is used to coordinate attacks, deliver information (exposition) or exceeds 560 characters (2 SL full posts of dialogue).

Character Controlling: Any strategy, action, or method used In Context (IC, RP, etc.) which both controls another players' character without their permission and transcends the prescribed ruleset that players determine the fate of their own characters based upon the roleplay that the character is in or agreed upon secondary elements such as judge and GM decisions.

Biju RP Game-Master: A player or set of players that control the non-player elements of the roleplay (NPC's, natural weather, rogue tailed beasts, etc.) and are responsible for keeping the roleplay focused and in order. Shortnamed "BGM", this role is not to be confused with the staff Game-Masters, whose RP responsibilities encompass all of the realm's RP and are expected to take punitive action towards players violating game rules and disrupting the peace of the site. Staff Game-Masters may take on this role and thus perform both their normal duties and the biju RP GM duties.

God-Modding: Any strategy, action, or method used In Context (IC, RP, etc.) which goes beyond the agreed upon limits or environment set by the narutoverse inspired shinobilegends world. This includes breaking SL RP rules.

Hunted: A jinchurikii or biju summoner in the RP

Hunter: Anyone who seeks out a jinchurikii or biju summoner with the the intent of taking the tailed beast.

Judge: A player or group of players agreed upon by the participants in the RP to preside over the entire RP in order to settle disputes and make decisions about the outcome of the roleplay, usually when called upon by at least one player. These decisions are non-negotiable, and support the GM in making the battlefield status update.

Metagaming: Any strategy, action, or method used In Context (IC, RP, etc.) which uses external factors to affect the game. Examples include viewing someone else's RP or reference information and attain knowledge which the player's character would not know otherwise, or to determine the outcome of a RP event based on the players themselves and not the situation that the players' respective characters are in.

Neutral: Any individuals that do not fall under the other categories described in terminology, such as bystanders and those not involved in the RP at all.

Support: Any individual who directly provides aide to either the Hunter or the Hunted. It is expected that they have fewer stakes in the success or failure of the mission.

Rogue Beast: Any tailed beast that is not controlled by a player character or sealed. It is a free range beast that will resist any attempts at subduing it.

==========

Special RP rules for jutsu and techniques

Edo Tensei: http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,7768.msg210235.html#msg210235
http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Summoning:_Impure_World_Reincarnation#Usage_Rules

Hiraishin:
http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Flying_Thunder_God_Technique

* Anyone with Rinnegan cannot also use sage mode. The player must pick one or the other. Similarly, someone with sage mode cannot use rinnegan.

* Telescope technique cannot be used to discover jinchurikii/beast summoner locations.

=========

Biju IC Hunt Specific Rules

*During the RP Hunt, neither a hunter nor the hunted can enter a place that bans the presence of biju, such as Kirigakure. Additionally, if a fight is a part of the Hunt RP, then the fight is forbidden from taking place in a heavily populated RPing area such as the village boards, and must be conducted outside of villages, clan halls, etc. In short, it must take place in the zones with no more than the Hunter, Hunted, BGM, Judge and Support posting anything related to the RP itself.

*The general flow of the RP will be charted out by the Hunter, the Hunted, a BGM, a backup BGM, and a Judge. The goal is to create a reasonable RP scenario where the Hunted and the Hunter at some point confront each other in some shape or fashion (it does not have to be a battle, but that is the most common direction for "confrontation"). The RP should take into consideration the desires of Support, and the discussion should take place on the forums and in public. The group has 2 weeks to setup and agree to the terms of the RP.

* Once the RP scenario is devised and hashed out, the RP should begin as soon as possible and follow the mapped out scenario as closely as reasonably possible. If adjustments need to be made for other events in the realm (massive war, anther biju hunt crossing paths, etc.) then these changes should be posted to the thread where the scenario was discussed.

*The judge has the final word on RP outcomes, but violations of biju rules may have a ruling appealed to the Biju Council.

* All players (including active BGM) have a 96 hour or 4 day post time, whichever is longer, whenever it is his or her turn to post. If a BGM or judge fails to post as needed during this time, then they can be replaced by another candidate of the Hunter and Hunted's choosing, starting with the replacement BGM. If a Hunter or Support fails to post on time, then their character is, at the determination of the judge, is considered captured, killed, considered having fled from battle, etc. If the Hunted fails to post on time, then they will either be considered captured, beast extracted, beast stolen, etc.

==========

The Order and Flow of Biju IC Hunt:

-------Player characters may use up to 3 actions, all clones of a single character share a 1 action limit, and all summons share a 2 action limit. If the player character does not use an action, then it can be transferred to summons or clones. Special rules such as the Edo and Biju summoning rules trump the action limit rule when applicable (for example, a biju summoner can only do 1 action according to the Biju Rules, and the biju can only do 2 actions).

-------BGM's will always make the first post establishing the environment, while all other players will take turn posting in the order in which they made an entry post into the area or zone. Participant characters (including rogue biju and NPC elements) are not allowed to attack on the entry post, nor are they allowed to permanently leave the RP nor fight by any means. Any time spent in pocket dimensions and other such places must be kept to a maximum of 5 non-consecutive turns ( 1 action entering and 1 action leaving) for the entirety of a RP.

--------Each round consists of each player's turn, which consists of a specific player's actions in the RP. At the beginning of each round, the BGM will post an "update" to the environment in order to facilitate a unified image of the battlefield. If required the judge and the BGM may work together to make sure that the intended post is accurate and, if judge rulings were made, that the consequences of said ruling are incorporated into the post.

---------Discussions regarding the RP should take place in an OOC board (on SL) or in a separate thread from the fight (SL forum). It is every players' responsibility to maintain order and decency in the thread. Insults should not be present, even passive aggressively, and all players are encouraged to report any behavior that he or she considers disruptive to Staff (even if it is one of the Staff doing the action).

--------- Because of the great length of time it may take for a RP of large amounts of people to get done, there can be no more than 4 participants (excluding judge and BGM) in an IC biju match at this time; a Hunted, a Hunter, and 2 Support for either side. This may seem very small, but arrangements should be made in the beginning to keep the player count small. Players are forbidden from having IC matches with themselves for any reason, and players that are discovered doing this will be permanently banned from all things biju indefinitely, their beast stripped and delivered to the Council.

- Jinchurikii and summoners cannot lose their biju IC outside of a biju hunt, unless the character is killed in an unrelated RP. Should a circumstance like that occur, the biju will go to the Biju Council. That means that the hunted may flee at any point, hunters do not have to OOCly announce their intentions to any party, there are no activity requirements for the RP (beyond other obligations, such as the overall biju activity rule), etc. 

***** Metagaming, Godmodding, and Character-Controlling are forbidden at all times. *******

Areas that need more discussion

Things stricken out altogether

« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 05:53:29 AM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
Re: IC Rules 2 (discussion)
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 02:36:11 AM »

This happens on the main site and not on the forum?

Would the use of space-time techniques be plausible if it's for a change of battlefield? Like the fight is still happening, but it's just hopping from place to place.

What if the players wanted to increase the amount of action limits between them for the fight, would that be possible?

What if the BGM misses his cue for a post? Does the fight halt for him/her or does a new BGM step in, in their absence?

The last one is about players doing their own IC match. What if they wanted to do something that's entertaining (because it is a game) to them, and bringing in a third party offsets their vision for their RP? Would they have to include the BGM into the bigger picture of their RP, or what? I don't entirely get this?

I'm not sure if I have more questions...

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 02:57:43 AM »

Would the use of space-time techniques be plausible if it's for a change of battlefield? Like the fight is still happening, but it's just hopping from place to place.

What if the players wanted to increase the amount of action limits between them for the fight, would that be possible?

What if the BGM misses his cue for a post? Does the fight halt for him/her or does a new BGM step in, in their absence?

The last one is about players doing their own IC match. What if they wanted to do something that's entertaining (because it is a game) to them, and bringing in a third party offsets their vision for their RP? Would they have to include the BGM into the bigger picture of their RP, or what? I don't entirely get this?

1) It can happen on either. It's much easier to have an "isolated" IC fight here on the forum where it's unlikely to have collateral to other players and their RP, but SL allows the Support to not have to have a forum account (unless he or she snatches the biju) and allows the RP to more intimately connect and interact with the SL world at large. However, due to the player cap that is currently on it, I suppose it's a somewhat moot point with non-invited people joining in if the participant cap is full.

2) I hadn't really thought of that as being practical, but I suppose you could consider that an extenuating circumstance. Otherwise not under the current guidelines an argument could be made that since all combatants went then the battlefield/area went with them.

3) Personally I would prefer a standardized action limit, but that's not your question. No, that wouldn't be possible with the current iteration, the action limit # is pretty set at the time being, though that can be changed.

4) A new BGM would have to step it, but invariably the fight would be held up some until that BGM is found and appointed, similar to if a judge goes missing in the middle of an OOC biju fight.

5) The BGM is responsible for keeping the RP orderly, if the players involved want a certain environment then that is something that the BGM would certainly comply with, as long as it's not TOO entertaining (as in break game rules kind of entertaining).
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

JayJay

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 03:50:02 AM »

1) It can happen on either. It's much easier to have an "isolated" IC fight here on the forum where it's unlikely to have collateral to other players and their RP, but SL allows the Support to not have to have a forum account (unless he or she snatches the biju) and allows the RP to more intimately connect and interact with the SL world at large. However, due to the player cap that is currently on it, I suppose it's a somewhat moot point with non-invited people joining in if the participant cap is full.

2) I hadn't really thought of that as being practical, but I suppose you could consider that an extenuating circumstance. Otherwise not under the current guidelines an argument could be made that since all combatants went then the battlefield/area went with them.

3) Personally I would prefer a standardized action limit, but that's not your question. No, that wouldn't be possible with the current iteration, the action limit # is pretty set at the time being, though that can be changed.

4) A new BGM would have to step it, but invariably the fight would be held up some until that BGM is found and appointed, similar to if a judge goes missing in the middle of an OOC biju fight.

5) The BGM is responsible for keeping the RP orderly, if the players involved want a certain environment then that is something that the BGM would certainly comply with, as long as it's not TOO entertaining (as in break game rules kind of entertaining).

1. I hadn't even thought of that, though the probability of trolls is higher on the main site as well.

2. I'm not sure of the battlefield following, in terms of the environment, but I know what you mean. Though, doing something like this runs the possibility of either party losing their supports, so it'll have to be used wisely. Correct?

3. That's cool. I was just thinking of the Jay v Kamui bout where it went up to six for a while. So I was thinking if it was possible. It's cool if it stays at three. The player having three, and sharing those actions with clones and summons sounds good.

4. It should be a stipulation for a backup BGM to be appointed along with the primary. It can be like an actor's understudy, keeping up with the flow of battle just in case they're needed.

5. I mean, if it was possible to DBZ it up in this piece, I would go for it. Obviously, we'd have to remain in character, so some people would have to be the Raditzes of the RP ;D Though, I guess it's still possible to do that, what with there being some Moon-Level beings in the Naruto Canon... so yeah, Raditz level :D

Bonus. On the off chance that I'm fighting someone with the Paths of Pain, Hazama for example, and I wanna use my Seven Sins, would we be able to increase the action limit for all Paths/Sins to be used? This doesn't pertain to Biju fight (probably) it's just a what if at this point. Or what if I was fighting Athos, would it be alright if I allowed him to summon all of the Biju under his control???

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 04:07:12 AM »

1. I hadn't even thought of that, though the probability of trolls is higher on the main site as well.

2. I'm not sure of the battlefield following, in terms of the environment, but I know what you mean. Though, doing something like this runs the possibility of either party losing their supports, so it'll have to be used wisely. Correct?

3. That's cool. I was just thinking of the Jay v Kamui bout where it went up to six for a while. So I was thinking if it was possible. It's cool if it stays at three. The player having three, and sharing those actions with clones and summons sounds good.

4. It should be a stipulation for a backup BGM to be appointed along with the primary. It can be like an actor's understudy, keeping up with the flow of battle just in case they're needed.

5. I mean, if it was possible to DBZ it up in this piece, I would go for it. Obviously, we'd have to remain in character, so some people would have to be the Raditzes of the RP ;D Though, I guess it's still possible to do that, what with there being some Moon-Level beings in the Naruto Canon... so yeah, Raditz level :D

Bonus. On the off chance that I'm fighting someone with the Paths of Pain, Hazama for example, and I wanna use my Seven Sins, would we be able to increase the action limit for all Paths/Sins to be used? This doesn't pertain to Biju fight (probably) it's just a what if at this point. Or what if I was fighting Athos, would it be alright if I allowed him to summon all of the Biju under his control???

1) Trolls? This isn't World of Tanks JayJay...

2) Again, it's already a stretch, if some of the combatants stay behind, then it's definitely against the rules because none of the participants can use space-time ninjutsu to escape the battlefield.

3) Currently the player character gets 3, every clone made shares a single 1 action, and all summons summoned share a 2 action limit, though if the player character does not use an action then it can be transferred to the others.

4) That could be tricky, but logical. With how long these RP's go on it's very likely something is boudn to come up for someone. The judge might can act as backup BGM until another one is chosen, but yeah, a backup one could be nice.

5) I, honestly don't know right now how a DBZ setting would fit. I mean, as long as it's narutoverse based SL RP (broad, I know) then go for it. Use chakra and all that.

Bonus: No, that's physically impossible even for Athos. Summoning a biju takes 20% of the total chakra, summoning 5 would kill Athos instantly, summoning 4 would kill him in one turn (because of the 5% tax on each summon that would take place in that next turn). No, due to the biju rules on summons he could not summon all of them, at least not for long. 3 would be manageable for a very short amount of time, but still a huge waste of resources.

* Actually, if he were to have another source of chakra to feed off of constantly that could match teh chakra drain, summoning up to 4 would actually be feasible. Impractical but feasible. *
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 04:11:27 AM by Eric »

JayJay

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2017, 06:27:38 AM »

1. There's trolls outside of world of tanks, also never played world of tanks. So I don't know how they'd troll there.

2.I mean, that's pretty restricting for an IC setting, in which they should pretty much have the opportunity to run, considering the scenario. But I guess, it's still possible, just outside of that instant variety.

3. That's restricting as well, but it makes sense, considering the amount of clones containers can make. I guess that only affects those present in a fight and not those that are out there, doing other things?

4. See? Good idea :D

5. Oh, I mean, obviously. Don't need anybody going super saiyan... even though that's kind of just the RnY without the excessive power boost.

Bonus. The amount of chakra is sort of iffy, depending on the container used. While 20% sounds reasonable, with the average ninja. But if someone has more chakra, wouldn't it be less, just to stay within the ratio of the amount needed to summon. Say someone had a cap of 100 chakras. It'd take 20 of those to summon the beast. Now if someone else had 1000, why would it go up to 200, if the previous requirement was 20? I understand we're working on percent, but the former had 10% of the latter's chakra reserves. I get that working on equality between players in terms of gameplay mechanics is a must, but the latter is expelling more chakra to summon the beast. Does that mean they're worse at chakra control? It just seemed iffy. I'm arguing against it, but I'm not against it, if that makes sense.

*Does that mean, Edo Zombies could eventually summon all 9 Biju and the Gedo if they do it in intervals? Since there's only a 5% tax? No wait, nevermind. Dang rules.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2017, 06:00:41 AM »

1. There's trolls outside of world of tanks, also never played world of tanks. So I don't know how they'd troll there.

2.I mean, that's pretty restricting for an IC setting, in which they should pretty much have the opportunity to run, considering the scenario. But I guess, it's still possible, just outside of that instant variety.

3. That's restricting as well, but it makes sense, considering the amount of clones containers can make. I guess that only affects those present in a fight and not those that are out there, doing other things?

4. See? Good idea :D

5. Oh, I mean, obviously. Don't need anybody going super saiyan... even though that's kind of just the RnY without the excessive power boost.

Bonus. The amount of chakra is sort of iffy, depending on the container used. While 20% sounds reasonable, with the average ninja. But if someone has more chakra, wouldn't it be less, just to stay within the ratio of the amount needed to summon. Say someone had a cap of 100 chakras. It'd take 20 of those to summon the beast. Now if someone else had 1000, why would it go up to 200, if the previous requirement was 20? I understand we're working on percent, but the former had 10% of the latter's chakra reserves. I get that working on equality between players in terms of gameplay mechanics is a must, but the latter is expelling more chakra to summon the beast. Does that mean they're worse at chakra control? It just seemed iffy. I'm arguing against it, but I'm not against it, if that makes sense.

*Does that mean, Edo Zombies could eventually summon all 9 Biju and the Gedo if they do it in intervals? Since there's only a 5% tax? No wait, nevermind. Dang rules.

1) Fair point, but I haven't seen any RP trolls around SL since the more populous days.

2) In the thread, there was voiced opposition to allowing people to escape, mostly because the second trouble enters zone target escaping via space-time ninjutsu was a huge potential issue. I felt a remedy was to prohibit leaving the area/zone using space-time ninjutsu period. Of course, such a restriction might not be necessary since many terms are being made up by both parties, but again carry-over from the discussion was hugely in mind there.

3) In a non-fight setting usually people are not limited by action counts at all. Are you suggesting that it explicitly be a combat only limitation?

4) I'll add that to the proposal.

Bonus)  Those are the current biju rules. It did not specify chakra amounts, only percentage of total chakra, regardless of total quantity, to keep people with large amounts of chakra from getting around the intended restrictions to keep biju summoning from getting too out of hand. Creating one chakra clone [standard shadow clone specifically] splits chakra of the user in half, regardless of the amount of chakra that the user has. Creating 6 splits the user's chakra into sixths, etc., so such chakra rationing is not unheard of, just not canon for summoning. Again, it's the current biju rules, summoning rules haven't really changed much since hardly anyone actually uses a tailed beasts as a summon in battle.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 06:03:13 AM by Eric »

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2017, 06:37:34 AM »

Zone fights In character unless specified otherwise by some special rule agreed upon OCC or otherwise to my knowledge allow escaping, especially if one seeks to steal, pillage, or kill another character in character. In bijuu matches, it's essentially 'you're the loser' if you tried it as a tailed beast defender and you're stripped for attempting it, or if the attacker and it's agreed to be IC, nulled somehow if agreed to prior yada yada. If it's OCC you still have the 3 month challenge penalty.

I do have a question, wasn't movement considered a separate part of RP fights ?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 06:40:24 AM by Timothy »
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2017, 06:44:16 AM »

Zone fights In character unless specified otherwise by some special rule agreed upon OCC or otherwise to my knowledge allow escaping, especially if one seeks to steal, pillage, or kill another character in character. In bijuu matches, it's essentially 'you're the loser' if you tried it as a tailed beast defender and you're stripped for attempting it, or if the attacker and it's agreed to be IC, nulled somehow if agreed to prior yada yada. If it's OCC you still have the 3 month challenge penalty.

To me, it seems more harsh to strip a defender for trying to flee in an IC battle than to simply prevent the easier kind of retreat from being attempted. Again, this is a RP battle, a more skittish character like Eric would not want to stick around to fight someone like Athos or even the Yellow Flash without an IC motive for doing so and without being cornered into a fight, while a character like Athos would probably maul the challenger and make them want to retreat for their lives.

The dishonor for fleeing partially stems from targets running before time and, an issue that Bocc faced when he was still around, challengers keep coming back without really growing in strength or experience to try again in repetition.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2017, 06:45:18 PM »

To me, it seems more harsh to strip a defender for trying to flee in an IC battle than to simply prevent the easier kind of retreat from being attempted. Again, this is a RP battle, a more skittish character like Eric would not want to stick around to fight someone like Athos or even the Yellow Flash without an IC motive for doing so and without being cornered into a fight, while a character like Athos would probably maul the challenger and make them want to retreat for their lives.

The dishonor for fleeing partially stems from targets running before time and, an issue that Bocc faced when he was still around, challengers keep coming back without really growing in strength or experience to try again in repetition.

Well it's not very sportsmanlike to quit just because you don't think you're going to win. Isn't sportsmanship what we're concerned about now?
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2017, 06:55:57 PM »

I suppose it ultimately comes down to if challenges are IC/OCC with the Host/Summoner and challenger agreeing to specifics. If they are unable to do so a mediator can step in.
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2017, 07:54:17 PM »

... Well it's not very sportsmanlike to quit just because you don't think you're going to win. Isn't sportsmanship what we're concerned about now?

If in deep in the RP I agree, but at the beginning of the engagement giving up and saving people time seems sportsy enough. Still, that's good justification also for no fleeing.

I suppose it ultimately comes down to if challenges are IC/OCC with the Host/Summoner and challenger agreeing to specifics. If they are unable to do so a mediator can step in.

OOC matches fleeing is autoforfeit due to the nature of the engagement (it's two people come to fight, usually, with Athos and Jay challenging the norm with their current match, so fleeing doesn't make a whole lot of sense) but IC matches takes away any possibility of the two parties agreeing to a sort of chase-like "fight" through the streets or something to that sort.

Course, the whole point of this discussion is to try to find where a good balance between all the things needed and wanted in a set of IC rules.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2017, 02:57:15 PM »

Updated to include tweaked regulations on leaving/exiting a fight/RP and a clause regarding IC encounters not initiated under this system, to account for different preference levels on flexibility. One has guarantees (the Hunt guarantees a fight at some point agreed upon by certain parties) and the other has naturalness to it (spontaneous, but no rules essentially).

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2017, 04:21:57 AM »

Linked are the IC rules as proposed by yours truly. Votes are Yay or Neigh, since the discussion on them has been left alone for as long as it has.

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,9382.0.html (first post)

Ratify (Yay): 0

Reject (Nah): 0

* voting closes on May 5, 2017
Alright, going down the list;
1. In the action terminology, it states that giving instructions or planning verbally counts as an action but I'd have to disagree with that O.o The only time I've ever heard of talking counting as an active, is if it is an attempt at a Genjutsu or an Ototon move. Otherwise, trying to work with my teammate costs me an action?
2. If the BGM is in charge of handling NPCs, how they defend the village and so on, what if that person doesn't give a damn? For example, let's say Tobi attacked me in Uzushio(unlikely because we love our village but still), and then Jay ends up as the BGM. But let's say Jay just got his Sasuke on, ran away, hates everyone, and now has the power to do this >> If the BGM is there to control any neutral parties that are NPCs(unless I'm misunderstanding how this works) what if Jay just ignores EVERYTHING about the village needing protecting and let's it get destroyed in the process? O.o Would seem a bit unfair.
3. Now the limit of people who can join is alright with me, sorta. Needs some clarification, I think. Like, if I am the Hunted and the Hunter comes with two support people, that totals four people and now I can't have a support? Or now one of them has to awkwardly back up and watch, or become a neutral party, so that I can bring someone in? O.o And does the limit of four people also include Neutral forces, cause I don't think they should but there shouldn't also be an endless amount of people who can decide to be neutral.
4. And finally, the last paragraph confuses me a bit o.o It basically sounds like you are saying, after all that, if people just randomly bump into each other and one decides to take the beast from the other, they can just ignore the rules and do what they want >> I don't think that's how it is suppose to be taken but that is how I am taking it xD

1) I might can cut that to planning of a certain length, but in a battle, if you take x amount of time to discuss the plan, then that should count as an action in my opinion; it is not typically done, but in a situation with actual teams, it pays to already have most of the plan hashed out before the fight, or interrupt opponents while they are planning or something. It's to make strategic chatter a more valuable asset requiring some level of timing, but I am not married to it existing that way. A particularly long bit of conversation though I am engaged to though, because really, in SL fights, there is no excuse for a monologue to not take up at least a turn when it is longer than the action posts.

2) BGM can be a group of people, but in a situation like that, the BGM would need to be replaced. However, I do notice that there is not a formal process for removing active but counter-productive BGM's at this current moment in time. But yeah, replacing the BGM with the replacement or with another chosen by the two main parties seems to best course of action.

3) The IC match is setup before any actual RPing begins. That should mitigate unexpected lopsidedness. Neutral parties are neutral, they are not really fighting for either side, but there is a lack of mention of what exactly to do with them if they are around when things start getting messy. While pre-planning might could avoid this, it is inevitable that as the RPing actually starts there might be some nuetrals getting in the way (intentionally or not).
Because this biju RP is supposed to be happening In-Context, then as the rules are written now, neutrals are not technically allowed to participate, but in practice, unless the Hunters and Hunted end up in an isolated location when they start fighting or dueling or drinking or whatever, neutrals are likely to get caught up. Anyone who is not on the Hunter or Hunted's side is considered a Neutral. Neutrals have no say in most matters (as you probably noticed) but exist as more than potential collateral.
Some clarification on what neutrals can and can't do might indeed be in order, then.

4) Basically, outside of a Formal Hunt, regular RP applies. That is the "safety net" clause brought up because of Jay's comment about this structured RP not being fun. If you can do an IC biju hunt your way, a legitimate way mind you, then this rule set is not going to restrict people who can get along fine without these measures in place. It's the people who don't and by extension require structure (including newcomers) that benefit from these rules. Trying to take a biju from someone as a neutral party while the Hunt is going on is a no-no, or at least, is intended to be a no-no, as I might not have typed that anywhere in there.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2017, 08:52:15 AM »

I disagree that general movement and speaking count against one's action total. Only techniques and set-ups for techniques should be that count.

Other than that, I agree with most everything else with a few minor tweaks...

....there should be no "Neutral Party" as that's just begging for a disaster to occur. It should be the objective of the Hunter to isolate the Hunted in order to avoid undue calamity from the ensuing fight. Otherwise, the "Neutral" would be forced to intervene:

I.E. The two pick a fight in a village. Some civilians get hurt. Now the village has viable, IC reason to intervene that would supersede these IC rules.

It should be added in that the Hunter is to get the Hunted away from civilization, if that is where the Hunted is to be found.

....I think it should be a standardized 3 actions per turn, shared. No increasing the number despite what clones, summons, fissions, Paths, etc. are brought into play or what the party entirety agrees to.

....If there is going to be a "Support" role, then that needs to be limited to 1 support total per person. So 1 for the Hunter and 1 for the Hunted. Period. This could be amended at a later time when RP is able to deal with larger numbers and the players are more active, but for now, keep it limited to this.

Though, it needs to be noted that none of this would matter if the new idea for handling the bijū is implemented.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 20 queries.