Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Author Topic: Council Member Host Ratio and Challenges (Discussion)  (Read 2349 times)

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
Council Member Host Ratio and Challenges (Discussion)
« on: April 02, 2017, 07:03:46 PM »

As it was brought up in another thread by one of our members I figured it only fair to have a discussion about it for the community as a whole. Let this discussion remain civil and to the point.

Should Bijuu Council Members be able to issue tailed beast challenges when the ratio of the current Council has been filled?

Personally, I say yes. If they win, they can opt to step down  or give the tailed beast to someone else who will then have the new updated grace period applied to them (3 days I think), if they lose it goes on as business as usual. It would make things less complicated than having to step down just to issue a challenge and throw the council seating into disarray by challenge alone. Though it's not an option I would push for, we could in fact alter the potential ratio with a new vote if the community wishes it.
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Eric

• View Profile
Re: Council Member Host Ratio and Challenges (Discussion)
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 07:49:41 PM »

No, I disagree with that. Council Members aware of the ratio (which should be all of them) should not be making biju challenges. If a Council Member wants a biju that badly, then really I feel they should not have volunteered to be a Council member. The ratio is an important part of keeping the Council free of unecessary entanglements (if it is down to less than 33% of the Council making a vote on a decision because the others are involved, then we have an issue) and keep the jinch/hunters from basically running off with the main executive power of the current biju system.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 08:07:30 PM »

If the quota for bijuu on the council has been filled then there's a few things you can do:

Choose to challenge someone on the council for their bijuu. (If they only have one) This will keep the balance.

or

Pick which one is more important to you personally.

I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Timothy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 02:02:48 AM »

Eh, guess it just means if the time comes I want to challenge for a non council held tailed beast I'll have to step down. To be honest, I was unaware of the ratio until after the fact. I don't' mind too badly either way/won't be making any challenges anytime soon. For the sake of keeping things fair, I understand how it is.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 01:05:55 AM »

It was also my opinion that if the ratio is already sated then any council member who wants to challenge for a bijuu should have to step down from their spot.

Again we have to remember the context in which rules were made. Originally the rule was that NO Jinchuriki could be on the council because it seems like an obvious conflict of interests. Honestly it is but when Bocch had every bijuu it was no problem because everyone else was free to be on the council. Once it opened up to multiple hosts again though we now had like half the people who were interested in bijuu unable to be on the council and since that's all of 10 people it was a struggle, so the ratio was proposed to let more people in but assure that Jinchuriki would never have a majorty vote over their own affairs.

So the point behind the rule is not to let council members go out hunting but to allow us a larger pool to draw from when trying to form a full council.

With that being said I think they should have to step down if the quota is filled because last time the council joined a fight it got so salty that pretty much every council member either quit or threatened to quit the council.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 01:46:54 AM »

Eh, guess it just means if the time comes I want to challenge for a non council held tailed beast I'll have to step down. To be honest, I was unaware of the ratio until after the fact. I don't' mind too badly either way/won't be making any challenges anytime soon. For the sake of keeping things fair, I understand how it is.

It was also my opinion that if the ratio is already sated then any council member who wants to challenge for a bijuu should have to step down from their spot.

Again we have to remember the context in which rules were made. Originally the rule was that NO Jinchuriki could be on the council because it seems like an obvious conflict of interests. Honestly it is but when Bocch had every bijuu it was no problem because everyone else was free to be on the council. Once it opened up to multiple hosts again though we now had like half the people who were interested in bijuu unable to be on the council and since that's all of 10 people it was a struggle, so the ratio was proposed to let more people in but assure that Jinchuriki would never have a majorty vote over their own affairs.

So the point behind the rule is not to let council members go out hunting but to allow us a larger pool to draw from when trying to form a full council.

With that being said I think they should have to step down if the quota is filled because last time the council joined a fight it got so salty that pretty much every council member either quit or threatened to quit the council.

So, make it an official rule at this point then?

*After a vote of course, but yall get the picture.*
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 01:47:21 AM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Timothy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2017, 05:31:45 PM »

If the community wishes to make it an official rule, that's fine.

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 19 queries.