Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Author Topic: Yata Mirror  (Read 4734 times)

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
Yata Mirror
« on: April 15, 2017, 07:19:40 AM »

How specifically does it work in Shinobi Legends? Does it alter its properties to the opposing element of a jutsu to negate it ie water mirror canceling out a fire jutsu, does it bring about the same properties of a jutsu used against it to cancel it out, ie fire yata mirror versus equally strong fire jutsu? How does it handle against combination elements, or even elements against no specific weaknesses, ie Blaze Release isn't exactly weak against water. Neutral chakra/no element, how much can the yata mirror take? Is the mirror omni directional? What happens if two elements are sent against it at the same time? What happens if you use something that's not made of chakra against it, etc?

The wiki description is as such:
The Yata Mirror was an ethereal shield wielded by the left arm of Itachi's Susanoo. It is said to be endowed with all nature transformations and able to change its characteristics to any nature transformation to completely negate any attack, whether it be spiritual, or physical.

So the SL version, is it just 'attack from the yata mirror's blind spot or you're not going to get an attack through it period?

What are your thoughts, I did look through the forums and there was no particular discussions to my knowledge. If the case is 'everyone knows the yata mirror works like this' I do apologize for not knowing the specifics.
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Hazama

• View Profile
Re: Yata Mirror
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 08:34:02 AM »

I'm gonna assume there was never a topic because the wiki page is pretty straight forward.

The wiki description is as such:
The Yata Mirror was an ethereal shield wielded by the left arm of Itachi's Susanoo. It is said to be endowed with all nature transformations and able to change its characteristics to any nature transformation to completely negate any attack, whether it be spiritual, or physical.

ne·gate
nəˈɡāt/
verb
nullify; make ineffective.

--- I honestly have no idea how you are reading that any differently than any other person on SL has ever read it. It doesn't say the basic five elements, it says ALL and it then goes on to say it changes to that element to completely negate it.

Even spiritual shit. What is the weakness to that, in element form? ._. The answer is nothing because it literally just throws the same jutsu with the same force right back at the jutsu, instantly.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 08:37:13 AM »

It can block any attack. If you can hit where the shield isn't defending, then you're good, otherwise no it's gonna negate the attack. You could circumvent it by using temperature based methods, or explosions which create splash damage. There are ways around it, but it's really really broken at the end of the day. Though I think it should be left as is. It's hard to get, so if you do, it's worth it.   
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 03:44:17 PM »

Everyone knows the Yata Mirror works like this.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Timothy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 05:30:10 PM »

Yeah I apologize for the dumb question x.x I did look for previous threads discussing it/wasn't sure if SL nerfed it like it did some other items/techniques, etc. etc. Appreciate it.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2017, 05:32:17 PM »

Yeah I apologize for the dumb question x.x I did look for previous threads discussing it/wasn't sure if SL nerfed it like it did some other items/techniques, etc. etc. Appreciate it.

Its not a dumb question really. Justto be clear though, it doesnt shoot the jutsu back out, it simply negates it. Its Uchiha Return without the return to sender part.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2017, 07:27:19 PM »

Who has the Yata Mirror IC?

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2017, 07:27:54 PM »

*Raises his hand slowly from his desk*

Timothy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2017, 09:10:58 PM »

Its not a dumb question really. Justto be clear though, it doesnt shoot the jutsu back out, it simply negates it. Its Uchiha Return without the return to sender part.

Appreciate it~ Kinda makes me now wonder about other things like custom susano'o weapons that could count as fan made artifacts which were intriguing enough to be passed from one person to another/couldn't be claimed by others but was kewl enough for others to want it ... now that would be an interesting tale

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2017, 09:26:14 PM »

Appreciate it~ Kinda makes me now wonder about other things like custom susano'o weapons that could count as fan made artifacts which were intriguing enough to be passed from one person to another/couldn't be claimed by others but was kewl enough for others to want it ... now that would be an interesting tale

Character backgrounds and family stuff is always cool to do but where most people go wrong with stuff like that is that they make the artifacts on par, or even greater, than the canon stuff that we were provided with.

Like, if you wanted to make a shield like the Yata Mirror, it just can't be the same thing under a different name >> Or something similar. Or the Sword of Totsuka, shouldn't be anything like it or similar.

At least, that's my opinion.

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2017, 03:30:46 AM »

*Raises his hand slowly from his desk*

Do you even use your Susanoo?

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Nekomaru

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2017, 03:44:40 AM »

Character backgrounds and family stuff is always cool to do but where most people go wrong with stuff like that is that they make the artifacts on par, or even greater, than the canon stuff that we were provided with.

Like, if you wanted to make a shield like the Yata Mirror, it just can't be the same thing under a different name >> Or something similar. Or the Sword of Totsuka, shouldn't be anything like it or similar.

At least, that's my opinion.

Wait so I can make a sword but instead of being sheathed in a sake jar its sheathed into a Kool-Aid jug and when it pierces you it turns your skin red with the uncontrollable urge to scream Oh-Yea!?
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift that is why it's called the present.

-Master Oogway

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2017, 06:21:58 AM »

Wait so I can make a sword but instead of being sheathed in a sake jar its sheathed into a Kool-Aid jug and when it pierces you it turns your skin red with the uncontrollable urge to scream Oh-Yea!?

Make the uncontrollablle urge a also prevent fighting ability altogether and I think you got something there.

Get rekt by an Ototon user who's screaming "oh yeah" is enough to make you putty.

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Nekomaru

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2017, 07:08:23 AM »

Make the uncontrollablle urge a also prevent fighting ability altogether and I think you got something there.

Get rekt by an Ototon user who's screaming "oh yeah" is enough to make you putty.

That just sounds amazing! Time to head to the Laboratory Pinky!
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift that is why it's called the present.

-Master Oogway

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.