Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: SL politics  (Read 7191 times)

Eric

• View Profile
SL politics
« on: April 21, 2017, 03:45:39 PM »

Since getting my rear end handed to me in my new game EU4 (completely different animal from the 3rd) I started to wonder what kind of politics the SL realm has nowadays. No, not here on the forum, but like, in-game between player nations. Like, are there any rivalries left between nations, any long-standing alliances or such? Any political intrigue between Kages?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
Re: SL politics
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 05:39:25 PM »

Good question, I too would like to know
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Vail

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 06:57:32 PM »

I'm (as Tobias) currently in Iwagakure on a political meeting with the Tsuchikage. I've already agreed with Becquerel to reform the economic alliance Uzushiogakure has with Otogakure, and I hope to do the same with Iwagakure as well as establishing a political / military alliance with them.

Uzu has been quietly establishing territories in neighboring lands in a neocolonial flavor.

I have other things in the works as well.

Timothy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 07:34:09 PM »

I'm (as Tobias) currently in Iwagakure on a political meeting with the Tsuchikage. I've already agreed with Becquerel to reform the economic alliance Uzushiogakure has with Otogakure, and I hope to do the same with Iwagakure as well as establishing a political / military alliance with them.

Uzu has been quietly establishing territories in neighboring lands in a neocolonial flavor.

I have other things in the works as well.

Sounds interesting, good to know things are still happening. Remember, invade Kiri, steal waifus

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 12:46:09 AM »

Suna's allied with the main 5 big ones due to recent visits and being at the forefront of anti-Serean knowledge and measures, dunno if they know what's gone on at Oto lately due to how often kage hat changes hands and or the village is destroyed there, probably haven't bothered to find out.

Kiri-Konoha are allied with each other as well I believe, refreshed due to three-way dealings with Suna I suppose, though I don't know if they are with others.

Kumo I don't think has anything fresh with anyone except Suna, maybe Iwa soon. Some people  at Suna-Kiri-Konoha know it got rekt rather hard recently by yours truly, but it was kept largely under wraps to avoid spreading panic.

Hoshi has had minor dealings with Konoha, but got interrupted hard by Edo-Kirk going bonkers and have yet to go back since. Do have sporadic trade routes and the like in non-shinobi-villages though.

Miyuu's going around main villages letting kages know Iwa isn't a bug-infested akatsuki kindergarden anymore, beyond that I dunno about her plans much.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 06:05:06 AM »

Otogakure is a neutral village :) We have a few allies and trade routes set up. I know that we currently send wine to Osa's in Suna and get fish from Uzu in exchange for beef/rice. But I haven't really kept up much with the other villages unfortunately. I've been too busy lol
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2017, 07:44:50 PM »

To my understanding Konoha has been informally allied with all of the major nations, or at least they were when I was hanging around there (ages ago but still). Seems it's mostly been friendly interactions though between the villages, no rivalries seem to still exist if I'm reading right.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Vail

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 12:03:32 AM »

Yeah Uzushiogakure is allied with every major village save for Iwagakure (working on that), Suna, Kumo, and Ame (still hostile toward us b/c of the Yujo situation I think).

I think some rivalries would spice things up, though. We don't need war necessarily, but having rivalries between different nations would make things more realistic.

Jestar

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2017, 11:48:26 PM »

Yeah Uzushiogakure is allied with every major village save for Iwagakure (working on that), Suna, Kumo, and Ame (still hostile toward us b/c of the Yujo situation I think).

I think some rivalries would spice things up, though. We don't need war necessarily, but having rivalries between different nations would make things more realistic.

Where would the rivalries stem from? Its not like people are busting down doors to compete with each other over much of anything. Even biju, and that used to be like, the thing to compete for around here.
Death and Taxes. Lots of Death and Taxes.

Nekomaru

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2017, 01:28:55 AM »

Why not set up a competition of sorts then? A tourney that anyone can join as long as your from the participating villages at least. That would spark a rivalry between the Villages and keep everyone in good standings since we can use the tourney for the Kages to meet and speak with each other. It's like the chunnin exams but better since you don't have to be a genin for that. Like the top three can get items or techs that are harder than normal to get, that they can't teach of course cause some of the techs given out could be op or something you know right. But that is just my idea and I don't know how hard it will be to get it all started and such, but if you all want I can work on that. Organize it and all sounds fun  to me.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift that is why it's called the present.

-Master Oogway

Timothy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 01:54:59 AM »

Why not set up a competition of sorts then? A tourney that anyone can join as long as your from the participating villages at least. That would spark a rivalry between the Villages and keep everyone in good standings since we can use the tourney for the Kages to meet and speak with each other. It's like the chunnin exams but better since you don't have to be a genin for that. Like the top three can get items or techs that are harder than normal to get, that they can't teach of course cause some of the techs given out could be op or something you know right. But that is just my idea and I don't know how hard it will be to get it all started and such, but if you all want I can work on that. Organize it and all sounds fun  to me.

I'd be happy to get involved on the side of the Hidden Leaf. Not sure if people are currently up for setting up a RP bash like this but I'm definitely 'down' if they did.

Vail

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2017, 02:48:56 AM »

Where would the rivalries stem from? Its not like people are busting down doors to compete with each other over much of anything. Even biju, and that used to be like, the thing to compete for around here.

Well if less people relegated their roleplay to fighting and attacking / defending villages, they'd find plenty of stuff to create IC rivalries over. Technology, commerce, manufacturing and distribution of certain goods, etc. You know, stuff that goes on in actual nations.

Vail

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2017, 02:51:11 AM »

That provides no incentive for any of the competitors so long as we accept people just being able to say that they have this weapon or this tech without actually roleplaying for it. Plus, it's just a poor attempt to freshen up something that got old on this site lang syne: fighting. People need to start diversifying the types of roleplays they partake in.

Nekomaru

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2017, 04:00:53 AM »

Like how I want to become a captain of a trade ship in Uzu? Its my long term goal.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift that is why it's called the present.

-Master Oogway

Jestar

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2017, 04:27:40 PM »

Well if less people relegated their roleplay to fighting and attacking / defending villages, they'd find plenty of stuff to create IC rivalries over. Technology, commerce, manufacturing and distribution of certain goods, etc. You know, stuff that goes on in actual nations.

Sounds kind of boring to me, but Jestar is an ANBU for a reason. That kind of stuff doesnt really have value in a world without an economy, without basic needs for characters aside vanity, genuises tucked into secret labratories deep underground that can go to space on a handsign, etc.  Its less about not making characters centered around fighting and more about recreating the SL world. Thats what it sounds like to me.
Death and Taxes. Lots of Death and Taxes.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 19 queries.