Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Poll

Vote Gyururu as president of the Bijuu Council?

Yay!
- 3 (30%)
Nay!
- 7 (70%)
Gyu, you drunk?! (Invalid position)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Vote me as president of the council!  (Read 3053 times)

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
Vote me as president of the council!
« on: April 27, 2017, 04:55:44 PM »

So what is this? Well, I'll be the moderator to oversee the whole Bijuu thingy. My judgement will be considered final with the other council members acting as my advisors. Here are a few condition that I must follow;

1) I'm not allowed to choose a successor when I step down or retire from this position.

2) My position will be revoked if I am inactive for over 30 days without reason, and I may not be on hiatus for over 90 days regardless of my reasons.

3) I am not allowed to be in possession of any Bijuu nor challenge someone for their Bijuu. If a Bijuu is given to me so that I may find a new owner for it, I must choose someone within 7 days, and that person must not be a Jinchuuriki nor a summoner. If I failed to do so, whomever claim the Bijuu 1st after the 7 days period, will be its new owner.

4) I may not change these rules once I am elected president of the Bijuu council.

p/s: Tomi is not allowed to vote because he is my husband ^_~*

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
Re: Vote me as president of the council!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 05:02:13 PM »

So what is this? Well, I'll be the moderator to oversee the whole Bijuu thingy. My judgement will be considered final with the other council members acting as my advisors. Here are a few condition that I must follow;

1) I'm not allowed to choose a successor when I step down or retire from this position.

2) My position will be revoked if I am inactive for over 30 days without reason, and I may not be on hiatus for over 90 days regardless of my reasons.

3) I am not allowed to be in possession of any Bijuu nor challenge someone for their Bijuu. If a Bijuu is given to me so that I may find a new owner for it, I must choose someone within 7 days, and that person must not be a Jinchuuriki nor a summoner. If I failed to do so, whomever claim the Bijuu 1st after the 7 days period, will be its new owner.

4) I may not change these rules once I am elected president of the Bijuu council.

p/s: Tomi is not allowed to vote because he is my husband ^_~*

0.0 Even if I don't get to vote, you're the president in my heart Senpai Dx
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 07:37:11 PM »

Everyone knows (or should) that I'm the President of this.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 08:02:28 PM »

No. Just no.

1) You're not a member of the council to begin with.
2) Giving you the final say would effectively remove the need for a council to exist in the first place.
3) The council runs on a majority vote after discussion, not on the whims of one individual.

The council was created to prevent a tyranny, not support one.

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 05:15:24 AM »

What is the current state of the Bijuu Council?

1) How active are the council members?
2) How many of them are/were involved with Bijuu? In other words, are all of them voting without their own agenda?
3) Are there any measures being put in to ensure that no one player is monopolizing the Bijuu?

I was the admin of Shinobi Legends Society & the current co-admin of SL due to Baluski's absence. I made RP rules when there were none on SL. I got a majority of the role-players on SL to agree upon an official list of Kage & Jinchuuriki during a time when everyone was just claiming whatever they want and couldn't agree or anything. Unfortunately, everything fell apart during my long hiatus. I'm not even sure how many of the rules/systems that I help created are still in use today, and how much of it has been changed to fit the agenda of whomever that holds the most influence in today's RP.

I have but one desire in mind, and that is to keep RP sensible and fun for everyone. Hostility & Sarcasm are unnecessary, if everything is fine as is, I have no intention of ruining it nor taking over.

Timothy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 05:24:19 AM »

I have an obvious interest in the 8 tails, but I don't plan on making a challenge for it anytime soon. As for everything else, I tend to just go with the flow unless it's a topic I feel strongly for. Even then, if the community is against my ideas as a whole I don't take it too personally.

~Council Member

As for monopolizing the tailed beasts ... well, yeaaaaaaah kinda a sensitive subject at the moment.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2017, 05:52:53 AM »

You've been absent for how many years and expect us to accept you with open arms? Do not take what I say as a personal attack. Anyone who would attempt this same move would no doubt get this very response from me.

From what I see in your most recent post you don't trust the SL community at all. Yet as I just stated in the first sentence...You've been gone for how long and expect us to trust you all of a sudden? Explain the sense of that to me.
-------

1) How active are the council members?
--Currently as active as they need to be. Athos has 90% of bijuu and for the most part no council participation has been needed.

2) How many of them are/were involved with Bijuu? In other words, are all of them voting without their own agenda?
--I hope all of them. Those who aren't/weren't involved in bijuu have no place on a council that dictates how bijuu matters are handled. As it stands it was voted to have more non-jinks than jinks to keep corruption at bay.

3) Are there any measures being put in to ensure that no one player is monopolizing the Bijuu?
--You mean Athos? There's been a lot of votes and discussions regarding the number of bijuu a single person can have. It always ended the same. They can have however many they can manage. If it's all 9 then that's the nature of it.

-------

I'm not trying to dismiss your involvement in big parts of early SL's structure. You've just been gone for a long time. It would've been better to edge yourself back into the scene rather than hop back on and start a topic to make you the leader.

"If everything is fine as is, I have no intention of ruining it nor taking over."
Everything is fine as is.

"I'm not even sure how many of the rules/systems that I help created are still in use today, and how much of it has been changed to fit the agenda of whomever that holds the most influence in today's RP."

Again just strengthening my points. You want to lead a system you seem to have no current knowledge of and distrust for whatever reason. There was no one person that shoved their rules onto others. There has been headbutting equal to that of real life politics over the years. Nothing here is as corrupt as you seem to want to believe.

==
This and no other is the root from
which a tyrant springs; when he
first appears he is a protector.
==
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 05:59:27 AM by Ѕhadow »
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2017, 06:38:51 AM »

@Shadow

I applaud you for your sensible reply =)

This whole thing was made to fail to begin with and not taken too seriously, thus the "Gyu, you drunk?" option. I've no intention of furthering this discussion as it is unnecessary since all that needs to be said, has been said. 

Timothy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2017, 06:41:49 AM »

@Shadow

This whole thing was made to fail to begin with and not taken too seriously, thus the "Gyu, you drunk?" option. I've no intention of furthering this discussion as it is unnecessary since all that needs to be said, has been said.

I vote Gyururu as SL's official Mascot and highest Senpai!

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2017, 06:04:41 PM »

"It was just a prank, bro"
Gyururu Uematsu,  for 2017 Bijuu Presidency.

But no really :p If this isn't meant to be taken seriously, then can it get moved to spam? That'd be appreciated~
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2017, 12:04:19 AM »

@Shadow

Then I'll lock it. Though let the record be held that I would not support such a position for anybody under these conditions.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.