Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: All Cards on the Table  (Read 10929 times)

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
Re: All Cards on the Table
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2017, 10:59:27 AM »

I'll have to ask Rusaku if he'll take Tomi to the moon (icc'ly however, Rusaku would have to offer to do so of his own accord/Tomi doesn't know the moon was a creation of the Sage of the 6 Paths, etc etc)
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2017, 06:16:38 PM »

So....basically, you're now suddenly wanting to do the eerie similar idea that I gave
To be fair, he told me the gist of this before he even had Kurama. Just not the list itself. This really is a long time coming.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2017, 08:58:07 PM »

So....basically, you're now suddenly wanting to do the eerie similar idea that I gave as a new path for us to walk on......yet still want to retain the whole jinchūriki aspect and thus continue to allow the negative dogma surrounding bijū to exist? How exactly would that "fix" anything?

And what use would you need for the Statue if you can't even utilize it?

Eerily similar how? >_> My whole point is the Jinchuuriki aspect when yours is trying to remove it. I'm trying to fix the problem instead of just removing it entirely and ignoring it. If you aren't going to be open minded enough to give it a try, that's alright, I can't force you to do anything. But clinging onto the fact that bad stuff has happened, won't get you, or us as a community, anywhere.

I can use it but I don't really see what that has to do with anything at all.

Seriously? ....you're giving them to the leaders of main villages, high-tier officers of main villages, or just the main village itself. <<

You can't fix the problem by continuing to walk along the same path.
By continuing to allow jinchūriki to exist, there will always be someone who will spring up and have the desire to gather all the bijū again. Someone will fill the void of being the "big bad". And there isn't anything that can be done, rules or guidelines, to stop that from occurring....:

Unless you completely get rid of the jinchūriki aspect.
To quote you so elegantly, "If you aren't going to be open-minded enough to give it a try, that's alright, I can't force you to do anything."

The IC rules would only be able to facilitate that goal of hoarding the bijū by allowing a "Neutral" to sit idle, watch the fight, then step up and take the beast from the winner.

Let me ask you this....what does a doctor do when a cancerous tumor (one that is operable) is found within the body? Do they remove it? Or just continue to bombard it with medication and treatments, hoping it'll cure it?
You mean the rules like how we are limiting the number of Bijuu a person can have, how we limited the number of challenges a person can place? Everything you are saying that we can't do, we already have started. I am going off the assumption you've been watching all of the forum activity, so I figured you were watching the progress being made.

And again, about the IC rules just letting a neutral party watch the fight; I AGAIN have been assuming that before you're talking smack on what people have been trying to do, you're actually reading everything first. Because in the first IC discussions, cooldowns were mentioned and were just mentioned against in the second discussion, a discussion YOU encouraged to happen because you didn't think 'the rules were talked about enough'. There literally would be no way for a Neutral party to have a chance to steal a beast right afterwards, hell, another group of hunters couldn't even jump right in after a fight >_> Let alone a neutral party.

You are comparing this situation to a cancer, let's pretend we are a community, where we all live. Now the bad kids have been drawing on the playground, taking it over, and making it so the little kids can't play. So what do we, as a community do? Remove the whole playground before a specific type of person can't control themselves, behave, or share? So therefore, every child that currently exists, or will exist in the future, now has no park because... A bunch of bad seeds ruined it? .-. No, the community, us again, would change the rules, changes the regulations, get the authorities involved. Not know what the problem is and then just remove it.

Bijuu don't need fixing. The players I.E. us, are the ones that need to be fixed. The bijuu were never broken. We became broken because we all have this thought about some intense fight scenes after watching or reading too much action manga/anime/movie/novel and thus you have what we have now.

You're right, the bijū don't need fixing as they are a fictional trophy. The bijū system is what is broken and needs a complete overhaul. A fresh start.

And the bijū scene didn't become broken because of the combat, it became broken because people allowed personal slights to surface, grew ungodly personal attachment to a fictional aspect in a RP game, allow ignorant and wrongful behavior to persist in arguments, and outright express hateful and evil things all because one cannot get over their own damnable pride.

Literally has nothing to do with other anime/manga fights or thoughts of fights, it all boils down to ego and pride and inexplicable personal attachment.

We get rid of those acts by getting rid of the jinchūriki aspect, thus preventing an individual from gaining attachment of that life and succumbing to pride and egocentric behavior.
So since this is my honestly thread, let's just address the fact that you are talking about me or Bocch when you are talking about people letting it get to their heads and so on ._. Because who else could you be talking about, any of the other people who haven't been able to hold onto beasts in the last few years? No, again, you are letting your experiences with two people forever taint what was once a good experience.

Hell, even if(by some forbidden magic) you managed to say you aren't talking about me or anyone else, there is no one else that logically fits that description. And yet here I am, possibly the root of the problem, not only taking the steps to try and FIX the problem but also taking the steps to remove those godly limits that you mention. No one has ever become OP BECAUSE of a Bijuu, they've become OP on their way to get a beast, or just because they hang around people. Hell, no one's 'personal attachment' to a Bijuu has ever lead to them suddenly learning all their OP Shit. That usually comes before the Bijuu, for the hunt >>

But that's why I keep saying 'As a community, as a community!' because what, we are gonna keep talking in circles, instead? >>
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2017, 09:25:13 PM »

I'm on my phone, at work, so my input will be minimal for this moment. I'll expand on my opinions and input once I'm home and can be of actual assistance.

But for now!!! I live on no mans couch but my own. That's my couch I'm sleeping on. Warren gets to sleep in the guest house, because I'm nice like that. And Tomi? Yeah you can come over and play, but you gotta bring a sleeping bag, because I'm not making two trips to earth in the same night. Lotta frequent flier miles.

As for putting the Mazou on the moon? I'm down. That's where it belongs really.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2017, 09:51:22 PM »

Bish don't make me strand you in the void next time you do the dive.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2017, 06:45:36 AM »

So....basically, you're now suddenly wanting to do the eerie similar idea that I gave as a new path for us to walk on......yet still want to retain the whole jinchūriki aspect and thus continue to allow the negative dogma surrounding bijū to exist? How exactly would that "fix" anything?

And what use would you need for the Statue if you can't even utilize it?

Eerily similar how? >_> My whole point is the Jinchuuriki aspect when yours is trying to remove it. I'm trying to fix the problem instead of just removing it entirely and ignoring it. If you aren't going to be open minded enough to give it a try, that's alright, I can't force you to do anything. But clinging onto the fact that bad stuff has happened, won't get you, or us as a community, anywhere.

I can use it but I don't really see what that has to do with anything at all.

Seriously? ....you're giving them to the leaders of main villages, high-tier officers of main villages, or just the main village itself. <<

You can't fix the problem by continuing to walk along the same path.
By continuing to allow jinchūriki to exist, there will always be someone who will spring up and have the desire to gather all the bijū again. Someone will fill the void of being the "big bad". And there isn't anything that can be done, rules or guidelines, to stop that from occurring....:

Unless you completely get rid of the jinchūriki aspect.
To quote you so elegantly, "If you aren't going to be open-minded enough to give it a try, that's alright, I can't force you to do anything."

The IC rules would only be able to facilitate that goal of hoarding the bijū by allowing a "Neutral" to sit idle, watch the fight, then step up and take the beast from the winner.

Let me ask you this....what does a doctor do when a cancerous tumor (one that is operable) is found within the body? Do they remove it? Or just continue to bombard it with medication and treatments, hoping it'll cure it?
You mean the rules like how we are limiting the number of Bijuu a person can have, how we limited the number of challenges a person can place? Everything you are saying that we can't do, we already have started. I am going off the assumption you've been watching all of the forum activity, so I figured you were watching the progress being made.

And again, about the IC rules just letting a neutral party watch the fight; I AGAIN have been assuming that before you're talking smack on what people have been trying to do, you're actually reading everything first. Because in the first IC discussions, cooldowns were mentioned and were just mentioned against in the second discussion, a discussion YOU encouraged to happen because you didn't think 'the rules were talked about enough'. There literally would be no way for a Neutral party to have a chance to steal a beast right afterwards, hell, another group of hunters couldn't even jump right in after a fight >_> Let alone a neutral party.

You are comparing this situation to a cancer, let's pretend we are a community, where we all live. Now the bad kids have been drawing on the playground, taking it over, and making it so the little kids can't play. So what do we, as a community do? Remove the whole playground before a specific type of person can't control themselves, behave, or share? So therefore, every child that currently exists, or will exist in the future, now has no park because... A bunch of bad seeds ruined it? .-. No, the community, us again, would change the rules, changes the regulations, get the authorities involved. Not know what the problem is and then just remove it.

Bijuu don't need fixing. The players I.E. us, are the ones that need to be fixed. The bijuu were never broken. We became broken because we all have this thought about some intense fight scenes after watching or reading too much action manga/anime/movie/novel and thus you have what we have now.

You're right, the bijū don't need fixing as they are a fictional trophy. The bijū system is what is broken and needs a complete overhaul. A fresh start.

And the bijū scene didn't become broken because of the combat, it became broken because people allowed personal slights to surface, grew ungodly personal attachment to a fictional aspect in a RP game, allow ignorant and wrongful behavior to persist in arguments, and outright express hateful and evil things all because one cannot get over their own damnable pride.

Literally has nothing to do with other anime/manga fights or thoughts of fights, it all boils down to ego and pride and inexplicable personal attachment.

We get rid of those acts by getting rid of the jinchūriki aspect, thus preventing an individual from gaining attachment of that life and succumbing to pride and egocentric behavior.
So since this is my honestly thread, let's just address the fact that you are talking about me or Bocch when you are talking about people letting it get to their heads and so on ._. Because who else could you be talking about, any of the other people who haven't been able to hold onto beasts in the last few years? No, again, you are letting your experiences with two people forever taint what was once a good experience.

Hell, even if(by some forbidden magic) you managed to say you aren't talking about me or anyone else, there is no one else that logically fits that description. And yet here I am, possibly the root of the problem, not only taking the steps to try and FIX the problem but also taking the steps to remove those godly limits that you mention. No one has ever become OP BECAUSE of a Bijuu, they've become OP on their way to get a beast, or just because they hang around people. Hell, no one's 'personal attachment' to a Bijuu has ever lead to them suddenly learning all their OP Shit. That usually comes before the Bijuu, for the hunt >>

But that's why I keep saying 'As a community, as a community!' because what, we are gonna keep talking in circles, instead? >>

It's not progress when those two decisions (just very recently been voted in/are being voted in) haven't influenced anyone's decisions to challenge for the bijū. If anything, they set more restrictions that make it less likely for people to compete for the bijū to begin with... Also, I have literally no idea where you think I was opposed or saying those options couldn't be done so....you're making things up? &lt;_&lt;

The only person "talking smack" would be you. I haven't said anything negative about these ideas that you've been proposing. Instead, I've been advocating for a new change. So again, dude...you're making things up? &lt;_&lt;

The only thing I've written that could be read as negative is stating that people's attitudes about and dealing with bijū has been negative and foul.

Speaking of attitudes and bijū, I've watched good players at heart become corrupted by having the jinchūriki status attached to their character. Like Vail stated in a prior post in one of the threads, not everything is about you, not everything is directed at you. Trust me. I would directly say if I was talking about you. I have no qualms with that. I don't believe in the passive-aggressive bullshit.

You're right, cooldowns were mentioned....once. And then no further discussed before attempting to implement the IC rules prematurely.

If this were a community on a playground, then you would permanently remove the bad eggs and disbar them from ever coming back. Thing is, the jinchūriki are the bad eggs because they get bad attitudes about defending their beasts or anything bijū related. I've seen it with 90% of the jinchūriki population and I absolutely refuse to drop names because snitches get stitches so...

You really need to stop taking everything so personally. This ain't all about you. It never was.

This is about bringing in something new. Something that has potential to change everything, change the mainstream RP for the better, and hopefully attract new people to the boards.

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2017, 07:19:06 AM »

Well, I see no harm in letting Athos carried out his Bijuu redistribution plan. We all just want to make RP better. The 3 limit rule spur Athos into taking whatever he is doing more seriously, and pushes to have it realized as soon as possible instead of dragging his feet for months after months with excuses after excuses. That's good enough for me.

The IC rules should be the focus of the moment since Athos stated that his plans wouldn't work properly without it.

I've no intention of pushing your idea aside either, Terumi. The idea just doesn't feel solid enough at the moment, and the discussion is hard to follow due to the bickering that occurs again & again. If you have time, do consider my suggestion of updating the 1st post to include any ideas/solutions that you have considered adding to it. If the 3 limit rule and Athos's plan both fail to improve Bijuu RP, then at least we'll have something to fall back on.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2017, 07:31:04 AM »

Well, I see no harm in letting Athos carried out his Bijuu redistribution plan. We all just want to make RP better. The 3 limit rule spur Athos into taking whatever he is doing more seriously, and pushes to have it realized as soon as possible instead of dragging his feet for months after months with excuses after excuses. That's good enough for me.

The IC rules should be the focus of the moment since Athos stated that his plans wouldn't work properly without it.

I've no intention of pushing your idea aside either, Terumi. The idea just doesn't feel solid enough at the moment, and the discussion is hard to follow due to the bickering that occurs again & again. If you have time, do consider my suggestion of updating the 1st post to include any ideas/solutions that you have considered adding to it. If the 3 limit rule and Athos's plan both fail to improve Bijuu RP, then at least we'll have something to fall back on.

I also see no harm in Athos's Redistribution plan. I have not once said I was against it; nor did I say I was for it. I've remained quiet because it doesn't concern me despite him being completely condescending towards mine.

But I have also been doing my job as a Council Member to participate in discussions regarding the current bijū rules and questions and votes. And I'll still continue to do such with the IC rules being the primary concern.

My idea was never meant to push his aside or try to belittle his plan. It is simply something food for thought for the community to decide on. I am not looking to implement it immediately because the idea itself is still in its infantile state despite it being originally introduced back in 2015 as a alternative to bijū being banned realm wide. (That nearly did succeed too but in the end, couldn't get the majority vote.)

When I get the free time to jot down all the notes, I'll make a new thread with all the proposed amendments. I don't like modifying original posts like that because it gives us a progression that can be watched as more and more of the community add their input.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2017, 03:29:31 AM »

Bish don't make me strand you in the void next time you do the dive.

But really though

Finally we get to see this fabled list of names….Gotta say I’ve got blue balls. The only halfway exciting name on there is Miyuu. Neko is good, but I feel like the only reason he got anything is because he made that challenge. If it had been left entirely up to Athos it would have gone to Kirk. No offense to kirk, but I feel like he would have lost it to inactivity in the first few weeks. Nice guy, but he takes breaks. In my honest opinion I feel like this would land us exactly where we were a year or two ago with minor deviations, which I guess isn’t entirely bad. I just wanted to see a few more obscure names that could spice up the scene. Umehara, Chinote, Teostra, Ryujin, Vex, Kite, Jetstar and so on and so forth. People who are active enough, experienced enough, and notable enough for people enjoy seeking them out. Though those are just a few names off the dome piece with no real thought into what beast they would have gotten or if they even wanted the position. I would honestly like to see you get rid off all of the Biju related items aside from the nine and one tails. They are the only two being used, so there is no reason to keep everything else locked up on a shelf when the goal of this whole thing is to stimulate RP. That’s 3 more beasts back into circulation, assuming the 6 never got a name assigned. Though if we intend to do this, we need to assure that these people are going to RP being hosts. It’s not just going to be them hiding and waiting for masteries, otherwise what’s the point? I like Darts idea, because it’s almost guaranteed to take RP back from the Forum and return it to SL where it belongs. It will increase traffic in villages, and it could lead to potential wars or something interesting. Though if you guys want to see him distribute the beasts, we need to establish a limit first and make sure he abides by it. I think Athos was saying something earlier that he is somehow immune to the limit once it’s established or something, so we need to establish if that’s somehow a thing

-Jeffrey dahmer

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2017, 03:54:13 AM »

Honestly, I wouldn't want one if it was offered >_> Like I mentioned in the other topic, there's more trouble in little China than just bijuu. Plus, considering Teo's a mercenary, it wouldn't really fit his character. Plus, his physiology means he would never be able to be a Jink anyway due to incompatible chakras.

Plus, with family life and all that my motivation to log on and post has been very low. I really should try getting back into the loop though. Hopefully Yomi won't mind picking up from where we left off in Kiri &lt;_&lt;

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2017, 04:25:49 AM »

I think Athos was saying something earlier that he is somehow immune to the limit once it’s established or something, so we need to establish if that’s somehow a thing
Only until the IC Rules/Voting are settled and then he is given 2 weeks (but he is asking for 4) to carry out this distribution plan.

Yomi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Agony's Embrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2017, 09:11:46 AM »

Plus, with family life and all that my motivation to log on and post has been very low. I really should try getting back into the loop though. Hopefully Yomi won't mind picking up from where we left off in Kiri &lt;_&lt;
I kinda wondered where you poofed off to, but thanks for telling us. Real life comes first after all. You're still free to respond to the post I put up about I-dunno-how-many pages in the square; I'm willing to continue the mercenary job GMing.

Anyway, don't mind me. Back to the topic. ^^
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 09:22:01 AM by Yomi »

I'm a straight up villain.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2017, 03:46:59 AM »

Finally we get to see this fabled list of names….Gotta say I’ve got blue balls...

Says the guy who took the 5-tails away from me using a combination of Kamui intangibility and Uzumaki hacks.  :P If you think you got the blue balls brah... My shade could make the sky look grey.

I think Athos was saying something earlier that he is somehow immune to the limit once it’s established or something, so we need to establish if that’s somehow a thing
Only until the IC Rules/Voting are settled and then he is given 2 weeks (but he is asking for 4) to carry out this distribution plan.

So the distribution plan is still happening? Because the IC rules, while they might take another week or two to get done, might also take longer than that for one reason or another. If I read this thread right their coming out was going to be the distribution date, like institutions in EU4.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2017, 05:04:55 AM »

Finally we get to see this fabled list of names….Gotta say I’ve got blue balls...

Says the guy who took the 5-tails away from me using a combination of Kamui intangibility and Uzumaki hacks.  :P If you think you got the blue balls brah... My shade could make the sky look grey.

Don't go pointing fingers when you were instantly FTGing to any location you pleased, because there were clouds. Though I'm not sure how there is a connection between me taking the 5 tails forever ago, and my being mildly unimpressed with this list of names. Are you worried I'm gonna take it again or something? 

-Jeffrey dahmer

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2017, 08:07:09 AM »

Don't go pointing fingers when you were instantly FTGing to any location you pleased, because there were clouds. Though I'm not sure how there is a connection between me taking the 5 tails forever ago, and my being mildly unimpressed with this list of names. Are you worried I'm gonna take it again or something?

It was a play on your blue balls joke, it was not meant to be taken as an accusation of any kind.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 17 queries.