Roleplay > Village Square

Alternate Energy Sources

(1/4) > >>

Timothy:
Natural, Demonic, Gelel, etc.

How should alternate energy sources on their own be treated in Role-Play within Shinobi Legends? What do you think Natural energy on its own be capable of, what limits/guide lines should it possess? What about Demonic Energy? Will you argue one fan-made demon's energy is more powerful than another's? Or should they all have a sorta 'base level'?

Mind you, some people use demonic energy to mix into their chakra as an alternate Sage Mode to give it the 3rd energy mixture to achieve the same feats (Personally I find this interesting). But what about those energies on their own?

I ask as to start a discussion and to hopefully come with some guidelines our Role-Players can follow which the majority of people here can agree to without those who use them feeling restricted while simultaneously preventing some of the abuse we might see with these ill defined sources for techniques. Are they as powerful as normal chakra, more superior? What happens when a pure natural or demonic energy attack comes into contact with a chakra based jutsu?

Let us discuss and elaborate in this thread, all are encouraged to give their thoughts.

Ѕhadow:
Been looking at Jay's profile? :P

We don't need to quantify everything on SL. As long as it's not the mainstream meta then I say leave it be. Not many people actually use these energies enough for us to have to impose guidelines about it.

If you rp with someone who uses these powers then it's up to you and them to decide the limit of their abilities and if you don't agree then you don't rp. Simple as that.

Timothy:
I prefer things streamlined in some way. What if an argument happens in a tailed beast match where such an energy is allowed and said person does quite well with it but the person using chakra starts an argument as to why their energy shouldn't have this effect on their attack?

I think a few guidelines could help against such. Not enough to make people feel restricted creatively, but enough to give people an idea what they're working with. If nothing else, this thread might encourage those who have said claims to define their mechanics more so which could prove an interesting read.

Warren:
You're supposed to settle that stuff before the match. If you were told they got some special power and you let them use it without settling everything back then, then if memory serves according to the rules you're SOL if whatever argument arises.

I'm with Shadow here. There's already an ungodly amount of rules and regulations and other nonsense for way too many things, demonic and other stuff is so rarely used/niche that its better dealt with case by case rather than trying to bog it down too. I mean do we really want another "my multiplier is bigger than yours" contest?

I can tell you I for one, as well as number of others I know who do these "alternative sources", do not.

Becquerel:
I just figure that all alternate energy sources are equal to chakra. So Ki = Chakra = Demonic Energy = Etc...So any clashes should just end up like two normal things. I'm with the other's on the rule thing too. All the quantifying that goes on is something that really puts a black hole next to the fun for me, so I just try to go with the flow...But at the same time, when I see something I don't really agree with then I just decide that I won't RP with that person :) I might try a little bit to work with them, but I do put my foot down occasionally when it comes to what I accept and what I don't.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version