Roleplay > Village Square

Chakra Counting

(1/3) > >>

Timothy:
How do you count your chakra? When do you know you use up too much chakra? Do you even bother trying to limit how much you can do, etc etc?

This post is by no means an attempt to bash anyone but more so to gather interest in methods which one might add dimensions to their role-play to 'spice' things up. No need to argue which method or lack of is better.

I personally use percentages to determine how much chakra each jutsu takes out from the over all pool. For example, Tomi has a crap ton of chakra (surprise surprise) but if he wanted to deplete it, he'd have to use 10 Rasenshurikens. If he uses 5, that's 50% of his chakra down the drain. If he were to summon a Torii and use 5, there goes 67% etc etc.

Ѕhadow:
This is SL. You already know the meta here. Spam and spam. Unlimited chakra with 500 Grand Master skills.

I'll bash anyone. 1 v 1 me bros.

Vail:
^

Even using percentages to determine how much chakra you have can end up back firing in a fight because people likely have different opinions of how much chakra certain techniques take to use. Sure, you may say that one rasenshuriken is 1/10th of your chakra, but someone else may say that a rasenshuriken should only take 1/25th, and so on.

I'm aware that for a person with a greater pool of chakra, then rasenshuriken would use up less of their total chakra, but that's not what I'm getting at. I mean if you were to attach an integer value to it, like 500 for the use of rasenshuriken, then another person might say it's worth only 250 or something.

Therefore, I think it's easier just to assume that both combatants have an infinite supply of chakra for OOC fights. IC interactions can be taken on a case-by case basis for convenience for the writers involved.

Dart Terumī:
I use the Ranking classification on the techniques themselves to determine if they use more chakra or not.

So a S-Rank tech will always cost more than a D-Rank tech.

I would propose adding some sort of blanket percentage across the board for the ranks....but we all know that will never get implemented into the mainstream RP because of the meta like Shadow pointed out.

Kojiro:
I use a point system for my character that goes from 1 to 10. I have a Genin character right now so I put him at a 4 on the scale. I added 1 extra point because he's a Jinchūriki. I made a translation chart that I use to put the classification/rank of a jutsu into a number. Then I deduct it from my characters chakra pool. I can go over by 1, but it has to be used in conjunction with at least 1 other point, and my character is unable to move after. I did this with Saiken, too. It's just an easier way to keep track of my character and limit myself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version