Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Centralized Storage for Summoned Biju?  (Read 9927 times)

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
Re: Centralized Storage for Summoned Biju?
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2017, 06:37:34 AM »

An island somewhere then...

I second this.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2017, 07:03:10 AM »

Where is this island and how do I get a ticket there? It does look inviting, has several climates. I can already spot the perfect place for Kokuo right there in that southern forest with the lake.

Clarification on earlier: I have to take back a previous statement, a fantasy location that only the summoner can get to is technically not against the rule as long as it's a physical location, though someplace largely inaccessible seems to defeat the point.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 07:06:07 AM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2017, 09:55:44 AM »

I'd recognize that island anywhere. It's the world map from the first Digimon World game. :) Great game despite the bugs and bad localization. The new Digimon World: Next Order is a great sequel in my opinion. Everything about it is better.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2017, 12:53:43 PM »

@Eric
Why does it has to be easily accessible?

Think of the island like Genbu (the Island Turtle), floating somewhere out in the ocean. If you can fly and know exactly where it is, it's not hard to reach. Going by boat or on the back of a giant amphibious/aquatic summon with a rough idea of where it is would take longer, but still doable. Trying to find it without the slightest idea of where it is would be is impossible unless you got really really lucky and the waves just happen to carry you there.

As for the lore, the Sage of Six Paths created the island for the Bijuu, as a place where they can gather together and be free. All bijuu know its location, but will only reveal it to the Jinchuuriki or summoner after they have really bonded with it. Or you can simply use Genjutsu on your Bijuu and make it reveal the location after your character found out about its existence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2017, 04:49:59 PM »

I'd recognize that island anywhere. It's the world map from the first Digimon World game. :) Great game despite the bugs and bad localization. The new Digimon World: Next Order is a great sequel in my opinion. Everything about it is better.

Awww man, it has been forever since I have had me some digimon, I did not think it was still going after all this time.

@Eric

Think of the island like Genbu (the Island Turtle), floating somewhere out in the ocean. If you can fly and know exactly where it is, it's not hard to reach. Going by boat or on the back of a giant amphibious/aquatic summon with a rough idea of where it is would take longer, but still doable. Trying to find it without the slightest idea of where it is would be is impossible unless you got really really lucky and the waves just happen to carry you there.

As for the lore, the Sage of Six Paths created the island for the Bijuu, as a place where they can gather together and be free. All bijuu know its location, but will only reveal it to the Jinchuuriki or summoner after they have really bonded with it. Or you can simply use Genjutsu on your Bijuu and make it reveal the location after your character found out about its existence.

I editted it into my previous post, but the only reason I wanted it to be accessible to non-summoners is because it seemed to defeat the point of having the biju be in a physical location in the first place. If the thing could only be accessed via a specific space-time ninjutsu then why not let them be in a pocket dimension?

It could be a place that the biju summoners find and start using, and then a tradition of biju summoners would pass down its location, with the biju who have been summoned before knowing of the location? I don't want previous jinchs from ages ago claiming to know the location just because they previously mastered the beast.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2017, 08:57:20 PM »

@Eric

I support this 100%.
I would take it a step further and say the island is protected by a cataclysmic storm at all times, which makes venturing damn near impossible but doable still yet. The storm can either make the searcher lose his/her way and/or outright drown/kill him/her?

It could be a place that the biju summoners find and start using, and then a tradition of biju summoners would pass down its location, with the biju who have been summoned before knowing of the location? I don't want previous jinchs from ages ago claiming to know the location just because they previously mastered the beast.

That is a pretty grand thought to have, actually. I almost wonder if a RP could be created that led to the discovery of this plane once more? Like, for example, Kokuō trusts Eric enough to divulge the location to him and then steers him in the direction of the island (subtly) without compromising the other Bijū? From there, once Eric discovers it and decides to pass on the knowledge to others....or the path is also forcibly extracted, which would give villain characters more reason to hunt.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2017, 04:56:53 AM »

Well if there is a cataclysmic storm surrounding the location at all times with the potential to kill, then I think defenses on the actual island against intrusion should be fairly minimal. We don't want to make a fortified village SL-style for the beasts, just someplace for them to hang out in the physical world that can be used in biju hunts without, non-training RP with the biju summons, meeting among summoners, etc.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2017, 08:58:50 PM »

Well if there is a cataclysmic storm surrounding the location at all times with the potential to kill, then I think defenses on the actual island against intrusion should be fairly minimal. We don't want to make a fortified village SL-style for the beasts, just someplace for them to hang out in the physical world that can be used in biju hunts without, non-training RP with the biju summons, meeting among summoners, etc.

Agreed!

Vail

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2017, 08:16:48 AM »

You could also use this as inspiration: http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Summoning_Island

I support this idea, btw.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2017, 05:59:36 PM »

Okay, so now we need execution. How are we going to go about setting this up? Some random event that the summoners join? The summoners do their own RP to get there or something?

Vail

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2017, 12:49:33 AM »

Okay, so now we need execution. How are we going to go about setting this up? Some random event that the summoners join? The summoners do their own RP to get there or something?

I'd personally rather do an event here on the forums (or on SL, doesn't matter) in which all of the summoners engage. It'd be a cool way to get different characters interacting, and it could be used as a springboard for future plots between those characters, or their respective villages/nations.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2017, 02:06:43 AM »

Okay, topic revive, is there still interest in this particular event? I am ready to help get the ball rolling on it.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.