Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: August 18, 2017, 08:56:11 am 
Started by Eric - Last post by Ethaniel
Honestly, would a 3:4 ratio make that much more of a difference than a 2:5? Holders still wouldn't have majority, or even 50%.

I'll admit though, I don't fully understand the 2:5 rule to begin with.

That's what I'm thinking as well. As long as the limit remains below a majority, I don't see a problem.

on: August 18, 2017, 02:39:28 am 
Started by JayJay - Last post by Rusaku
About 20 days of fighting, suddenly circumvented by the Flying Raijin. With this one technique, Jay has officially reacted to something that was set into motion 9 written actions ago (2 rounds), with even a judge ruling in between that dictated a failure in Jay’s original reaction. Spectacular.

Rusaku knew exactly where Jay had gone. There was only one possible answer for what he had used to evade what should have been a sure-fire hit. He had already emoted looking for Jay’s markers just after he entered the battle to begin with, so the clone had the location of the only one on the map. Turning his attention to the Manji commander, the clone folded his arms over his chest, obviously not impressed with what he was seeing. “Retreating already? Figures.” 

Obviously, because 6 of Rusaku’s actions were nullified with Jay’s technique, he never would have felt the need to activate Tenseigan. Not with having just witnessed Jay teleport far enough away that the Byakugan was still a valuable asset.

Using the Byakugan’s unparalleled level of visual prowess, Rusaku observed as Jay summoned the orbs within his palm. The page regarding the “Water Bomb” makes no mention of any particular traits that suggest that one cannot perceive its contents, should they be able too, and Rusaku could do just that.

It’s interesting; apparently there is about a swimming pool’s worth of water within each one of those bombs. That’s about 93,500 gallons of water, per bomb, according to the specifications given on that page. So total, he’s throwing approximately 280,500 gallons of water. One gallon of water weighs 8.34 pounds. So 280,500 x 8.34 = 2,339,370. The page lacks any information on exactly how the water is kept within the orb. It says nothing of seals, only that the orb contains this water, and is filled manually in the ocean. So I’m left to assume that Jay is currently holding 2 million-something pounds of highly pressurized water in one hand, and is apparently going to lob it with enough force to travel a mile and some change. Well, let’s put a stop to that.

Rusaku of course couldn’t actually deduce the exact amount of water contained within the orb, but he could tell that it was water. He could also surmise that it was going to be used to try and alter the terrain in some kind of way. So if it contained enough water to alter the terrain, and was highly pressurized, maybe it wouldn’t be such a good thing of they exploded too close to Jay.

With his ROOT seal, Rusaku was able to communicate freely with anyone who also had the seal upon their bodies as fluidly as they would a regular conversation. Giving the clone above quick coordinates, the bunshin utilized it’s Tenki Sosa hiden, amplified by the power of the Tenseigan. Just as Jay had released the orbs from his hand, three bolts of onyx colored raiton struck down, aiming to impact the three bombs from inches away and destroy the containers which held back the flood. Even without the additional buffs that Rusaku utilized, the Weather manipulation hiden allowed the user to produce lighting from virtually anywhere at high speed, with enough force to obliterate the human body. Considering the circumstances, it’s safe to assume they each had enough power to burst the trio of bombs. 

If successful the bombs would detonate only inches away from Jay, releasing their full contents, but now electrified as a result of Rusaku’s technique of choice.  Salt water is a very good conductor. The force in which that electrified water would expand with would be devastating to even the most durable of individuals, and Jay had even coated himself in lighting, which would further electrify the water around him.

Reaching outwards, bunshin Rusaku utilized his own flying Raijin to summon forth another one of his puppets. Was it a little scummy to switch back to using summons? Sure, probably. But so were a lot of things that were happening in this fight. The puppet Rusaku decided to summon was one that he just recently converted. It was the body of Masane Uchiha; one half of the wonder twins. Noticeably, her eyes were that of the three tomoe Sharingan and her hands had the Iwagakure Kinjutsu placed upon them. On each hip was a baggie of clay, which could be used in conjunction with that Kinjutsu. Immediately the puppet began to plummet to the earth below, still 280-something meters in the air. The puppet was poised, ready to react to whatever opportunities arose. It would take some time for her to reach the ground.

Meanwhile, the original Rusaku stretched out from his meditative position, releasing a small yawn. Repositioning, the Otsutsuki was now floating horizontally, kicking up his feet and resting his hands behind his head as if in a hammock. If the fight was going to continue being this dull, he might just have to take a nap.

on: August 18, 2017, 02:15:08 am 
Started by Eric - Last post by Eric

Well, given that substitutes are just that, they have equal right as anyone else to pursue beasts if they please. So substitutes' status as being on one side of the ratio or other are subject to change endlessly while they may never actually hold a council seat.

In that case, it makes more sense to me that the 2:5 ratio be considered a limit rather than a fixed ratio (Unless I'm mistaken, it's already the case that we do not require two council members to have bijū in their possession, simply that we could not have more than two of them in council seats). And in that case, we simply allow substitutes to sub in if they do not exceed the limit, and prevent them from doing so if it would violate the rule.

Of course, it remains a potential problem (especially with only one substitute) that we need to call upon an alternate and all (one) of them may exceed the limit. But regardless, either we would be put in the position of needing to go seeking for a beast-less volunteer. I think that just is the reality and I don't think changes to the rules will produce an end-all solution to the issue of maintaining a cohort balanced between players with and without beasts.

When you put it that way I suppose it makes sense not to count substitutes when considering the limit (yes, you're right, limit is a more appropriate word to uses than ratio since that's what it is, a limit) although as you say we still have the issue of what happens if members drop out. The upcoming Fall/Winter (since the appointing happened in August, another main election won't be till February) may see some people bow out due to college, work, health, etc.

Biju holders leaving for that reason is unlikely since they would also have to hand over the beast(s) (activity clause), so still a conundrum.

What, other than "I want to judge matches", is a reason for people not to want to be on the Council?

*Edit: I mean since the 2nd Cohort. Things have not been nearly that hectic for the 2nd Cohort compared to the 1st, especially these past few months, so I imagine the reasons have changed since then. *

on: August 18, 2017, 01:54:52 am 
Started by Eric - Last post by Hades

Well, given that substitutes are just that, they have equal right as anyone else to pursue beasts if they please. So substitutes' status as being on one side of the ratio or other are subject to change endlessly while they may never actually hold a council seat.

In that case, it makes more sense to me that the 2:5 ratio be considered a limit rather than a fixed ratio (Unless I'm mistaken, it's already the case that we do not require two council members to have bijū in their possession, simply that we could not have more than two of them in council seats). And in that case, we simply allow substitutes to sub in if they do not exceed the limit, and prevent them from doing so if it would violate the rule.

Of course, it remains a potential problem (especially with only one substitute) that we need to call upon an alternate and all (one) of them may exceed the limit. But regardless, either we would be put in the position of needing to go seeking for a beast-less volunteer. I think that just is the reality and I don't think changes to the rules will produce an end-all solution to the issue of maintaining a cohort balanced between players with and without beasts.

on: August 17, 2017, 11:51:02 pm 
So are you saying that a rule change to 3:4 instead of 2:5, or is the proposal to get rid of the ratio system altogether?

No changes. It's simply a suspension until more interest is stated in joining the council by non-bijū retainers.

Since the current Cohort is in effect, I doubt we are going to see a sudden uptick in volunteers. A suspension like this would go on indefinitely, maybe even through the next election, giving it the same effect as a rule change to scrap the ratio altogether.

This next question may sound strange coming from me of all people, but can we just simply suspend one of the Biju Rules if it causes an issue? In my opinion, that does not seem like something that can be done outside of a formal vote on the rule staying in place or not.

on: August 17, 2017, 06:11:13 am 
Started by Eric - Last post by Dāto Terumī
So are you saying that a rule change to 3:4 instead of 2:5, or is the proposal to get rid of the ratio system altogether?

No changes. It's simply a suspension until more interest is stated in joining the council by non-bijū retainers.

on: August 17, 2017, 05:53:32 am 

on: August 17, 2017, 03:00:17 am 
Started by Eric - Last post by Sabumaru
For the record, I'm more concerned on updating the wikia than of this ratio you guys have on the council. I merely asked about it because Eric mentioned he might have to give up his beast, so I'm keeping myself updated so as to reflect it the wikia. If this is not the case, then there's no need to change anything on there.

Suspend the ratio clause as we need people to actually participate in the council. Only reinstate it when more interest and more bijū owners show interest.
I second this one.

I agree with suspending the ratio as well as it will serve no big purpose with the higher majority being non-jinchuriki still.

on: August 17, 2017, 01:28:25 am 
Started by Gyu~ru~ru - Last post by Shuichi
My bad. Up to level four, not four times. I miscounted because EMS isn't marked with a level at first.

Like SSJ, four is the limit.

on: August 17, 2017, 12:40:24 am 
Started by Gyu~ru~ru - Last post by Old Man Xia
I see. So to max EMS you will need 48 successful training sessions after the transplant. Definitely easier said than done. It seems the event is on rotation because I cannot seem encounter it right now.

48 would put you to level 5, but there is none. 12*3 = 36(This does not include the initial EMS you gain from Baluski).

More or less, it is painful.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 11 queries.