Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: vs. Yujo for Isobu; problems, lots'o problems.  (Read 12999 times)

Isaribi

• View Profile
vs. Yujo for Isobu; problems, lots'o problems.
« on: February 27, 2014, 02:45:09 AM »

Hey, guys and gals of Shinobilegends!

So, I challenged Yujo.
Yujo and I have traded some blows; and then he posts a crazy thing that makes little sense. I speak with Kamui, who is our designated judge, who agrees that the post is weird and should get redone.How many days do I wait for this repost? nearly 20. After the 10 day mark, I start messaging Kamui asking what to do and such. He informs me that I can take it to the forums, but that I should wait for 14 days to allow him time in RL in case something came up. Cool, I did that. I hoped the entire time that he and I could intelligently continue our battle. But... After almost 20 days, I get a one line edit to the post that does NOT solve the problem, not even slightly along with a message that completely makes light of the situation. I was told by Kamui that if I get fed up I should take it to the forums; I'm fed up with just how BAD at RPing Yujo is and how he has stalled for so long. I've let some of my clan mates (Dart, Xiarawst, Mioku, Gitsune) see the battle, and though I guess you could argue bias, they are all unanimously on my side concerning this matter.

Further, we've seen this same stalling from Yujo before, I say as I refer to the instance between him and another of my clan mates, Rakudo, a month or so back.

I've been on the forum for six years, and have been on SL for much longer. I've only posted 41 times to this forum; I'm not familiar with its rules, how to navigate it, etc, which is why I've waited so long to voice these concerns. But they are concerns, nonetheless. I know very well that a fourteen day period is all that is supposed to be given in this situation and that a Jinchuuriki should be able to more effectively and cogently RP a simple fight sequence.

In sum, Yujo is not only stalling in our RP to the extent of making me wait 20 days for a 'repost', but is also just a bad RPer in general. In our short battle, he has had to either edit or repost almost every single one of his turns.

I'm not adverse to fighting him, but I do refuse to continue a fight that I've already obviously won, either by default or by skill already shown that he has neglected to acknowledge. A solution to this issue is requested, please.

If you wish to see the fight, PM me on SL. I'll send you a key as soon as I am able. Thanks everyone, and have a nice day!

Your sometimes-somewhat-friendly Isa.  :)
If you think you can, you can.
If you think you can't, you're right.

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
Re: vs. Yujo for Isobu; problems, lots'o problems.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 03:14:13 AM »

I saw the little to no use that post was, and it blows it out of proportion even more. As long as he stalled without any indication, I think the bijuu should be stripped. This is the first time I have needed to say this because even I waited to see what will happen, but nothing that would help improve the situation at hand.

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired"

Isaribi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 03:21:53 AM »

As long as he stalled without any indication, I think the bijuu should be stripped.

I certainly didn't get a notification that some RL problem was going on that would justify 20 days of not reposting. Until today, where he informed me of his edit, I hadn't heard a peep from him. And he had even been online within the period; there isn't any visible excuse for his absence.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 06:36:11 PM »

If you can't hack it, why try? I never understood that about people. (irony because I used to do that all the time :oops:)
Actually, speaking from experience, the fact that he was completely absent until he made his edit is something I did when I didn't want to post because I was in over my head. I would deliberately not log on, like I feared being called out or something, until I felt the situation had gone away.

Anyways, I'm a fan of hearing out both sides of the story, so I believe Yujo had a right to post a defense on the forum since you posted your opinion. That being said, it'd better be the best damn post he's ever written, because it really doesn't look good for him at this point.

Oh and if he takes 20 days to post on the forum then just take it. :wink:
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 06:38:16 PM by Sabumaru »

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Isaribi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 10:39:26 PM »

I really hope I do not have to take that long again. <.<

I wouldn't even be that upset over the time period if this stalling weren't something that Konoha, or rather Nathan and Yujo, are seemingly becoming known for. I've combed through a couple of the forum posts about the issue from Rakudo, and the fact that he witnessed similar problems as I have is a good indication of something.

I'm not sure what you are talking about when you say 'hack' by the way...are you referring to a type of heavy and rough cut with a semi-blunt tool, one that I tend to enjoy?   :oops:

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 12:11:01 AM »

I saw the little to no use that post was, and it blows it out of proportion even more. As long as he stalled without any indication, I think the bijuu should be stripped. This is the first time I have needed to say this because even I waited to see what will happen, but nothing that would help improve the situation at hand.

Pretty much sums it up. Lack of indication + random edit (which could have instead been a "sorry I've been out, it's just that...") just seems like inactivity and horrid sportsmanship with the situation. Stripping would be best considering Yujo's track record.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 10:37:27 AM »

I wouldn't even be that upset over the time period if this stalling weren't something that Konoha, or rather Nathan and Yujo, are seemingly becoming known for. I've combed through a couple of the forum posts about the issue from Rakudo, and the fact that he witnessed similar problems as I have is a good indication of something.

I'm not sure what you are talking about when you say 'hack' by the way...are you referring to a type of heavy and rough cut with a semi-blunt tool, one that I tend to enjoy?   :oops:

Well, sort of. If your tool isn't sharp enough, then why waste the energy to cut kind of thing...

Anyways, I'm glad you added some qualifiers in there, as Konoha nin don't just stall in general. >.> Well, unless you count running halfway across the country to escape two shinobi you can't beat in a fight stalling...

A solution is a granting of the biju, and another solution is outright voiding of the RP. Yet another solution involves knowing Yujo in real life and putting him in Tom's shoes.

In all seriousness, waiting to hear Yujo's side of the argument may take some time, so, as a contingency in case he proves to be completely inactive RPwise:

The leader of their clan will inherit the bijū; if the jinchūriki wasn't in a clan, then a tournament/event can be arranged to determine a suitable host.

Said idea is a paste from this topic: http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,7870.0.html

Nothing here was universally "accepted" among the community at large, but at least it compacted some interesting ideas and such.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 01:51:23 PM »

Well, sort of. If your tool isn't sharp enough, then why waste the energy to cut kind of thing...

Anyways, I'm glad you added some qualifiers in there, as Konoha nin don't just stall in general. >.> Well, unless you count running halfway across the country to escape two shinobi you can't beat in a fight stalling...

A solution is a granting of the biju, and another solution is outright voiding of the RP. Yet another solution involves knowing Yujo in real life and putting him in Tom's shoes.

In all seriousness, waiting to hear Yujo's side of the argument may take some time, so, as a contingency in case he proves to be completely inactive RPwise:

The leader of their clan will inherit the bijū; if the jinchūriki wasn't in a clan, then a tournament/event can be arranged to determine a suitable host.

Said idea is a paste from this topic: http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,7870.0.html

Nothing here was universally "accepted" among the community at large, but at least it compacted some interesting ideas and such.

I know this is a rule and all, but I would kinda disagree to the whole clan gets the bijuu back type of deal after a challenge was already accepted. If he would have given a heads up on if he was going to be inactive, that should have been the first thing to do by messaging those involved rather than waiting a span of 20 days to repost a silly edit that still makes his post look like non-sense even more.

Since he was already engaged in a bijuu battle, his inactivity without word can be treated as such since he had no intent to void the match or anything. Now that leaves a post that should have been a redo left alone to stall even more as I wouldn't even post after what ridiculous non-sense he posted. If anything, the issue stands and we are now more than a day since the silly edit. How long do we have to wait for him to actually REDO his post as directed?

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired"

Isaribi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 02:36:57 PM »

He did accept my challenge. The contingency option would do nothing but aim to punish me for doing exactly what I was supposed to do and make it more difficult for me to actually achieve what I set out to do in the first place when I should have already achieved it.

In consideration of a void, I disagree for the same reason as above compounded with the fact that post-void would leave Sanbi still with Yujo allowing for more problems to occur in the future.

And yeah, I still point at those 'qualifiers' of a bunch of other examples where Konoha has been shown to be stall-happy. I mean, how long did Yujo stall Rakudo? How long did Nathan stall Rakudo's alt? There isn't a viable excuse for stalling like this. Even if his internet completely DIED on him, he could have gone to the library one day out of the twenty he was gone and sent me a heads-up as simple as "Yo, internet's dead. Can we postpone?" to which I would have happily agreed. I know, however, that his internet did completely die on him because he was ONLINE within that timeframe on several different occasions.

Likewise, I am prompt. I'm online every morning, every night, and as much as I can be in-between. I respond to messages and if something is going to be happening where I can't get online at my scheduled times, I inform people. It isn't that hard.

I stayed constant with Kamui the entire time Yujo was missing. I've promptly dealt with this situation with as much respect as I could--the fact that Yujo couldn't even manage a 10 character message during his 'absence' is absurd.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2014, 04:31:16 PM »

I gotta say, it's dumb to strip the challenger (regardless of winning or losing) the opportunity of getting the objective by giving it back to the village/clan. Then they have to issue a challenge to the leader and deal with them -- not only that, but if the leader decides to throw the beast into someone then they are immune to challenges for two weeks, then you gotta set up a time and day with that host and so on.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2014, 09:52:49 PM »

I gotta say, it's dumb to strip the challenger (regardless of winning or losing) the opportunity of getting the objective by giving it back to the village/clan. Then they have to issue a challenge to the leader and deal with them -- not only that, but if the leader decides to throw the beast into someone then they are immune to challenges for two weeks, then you gotta set up a time and day with that host and so on.

That idea was largely sustainable with inactive challengers not in a challenge; in the context of this situation, that is very unfair to Isaribi. Yujo may, or may not post to defend himself in a timely manner.

I haven't seen the fight, so I can't make a call on whether Yujo's posts were just that bad; but the stalling of any sort of repost seems to be the issue. That would probably warrant an outright strip. Where it goes from there is another post.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2014, 10:12:10 PM »

My bad; didn't specify I was referring to in challenges only is it dumb to move the beast. Who writes the rules nowadays?

Isaribi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2014, 12:38:28 AM »

I haven't seen the fight, so I can't make a call on whether Yujo's posts were just that bad; but the stalling of any sort of repost seems to be the issue. That would probably warrant an outright strip. Where it goes from there is another post.

If the blatant inactivity by itself warrants a strip, so be it then.

But take my word for it; in my opinion, and in the opinion of my clan mates that I've generally heard, his RP is bad. I dealt with it for the battle until now, but.. Meh. That is just more wood to add to the fire, no?

Also, I informed Yujo of the forum post. He has yet to respond to it. We'll see how long this takes...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 01:40:32 AM by Isaribi »

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2014, 02:39:13 AM »

I stall? Lol. Bocc' god-modded and Kyu quit on us for judge. After that, Gyu said I could ignore him and I assumed she was going to talk to him not the whole 'you can ignore him but others won't agree' thing. I won't lie and say I wanted to fight Bocc', though. He was annoying, god-moddish, etc.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2014, 02:41:45 AM »

I'll be truthful here, I have been in contact with both competitors (Isa and Yujo) until recently about three weeks ago, I started losing contact with the Jinchuuriki; Yujo.

Should this itself warrant the stripping of his bijuu, well...not without hearing the defendant out; which in the case will be Yujo.
I already notified him of this thread, so only time will tell.

Also if you haven't seen the fight, I'll briefly post an excerpt from it; which will explain Isa's issue with inactivity, due to the timestamps.

[Del] [02/06 02:18pm] <霧隠> Isaribi the Great < I refuse to post until you explain how to manifested sealing tags when you yourself explained that the rains ate you until you were naked; presumably, since you want to ignore bodily harm, everything else on your person would be gone. <C>
[Del] [02/06 02:21pm] <霧隠> Isaribi the Great <C> Furthermore, these earth spikes wouldn't even manifest against the rain; they'd be rendered null from beginning to end. Furthermore, you need to stop telling me what I can and cannot do, i.e. telling me I'll be caught off guard. Let me <C>
[Del] [02/06 02:22pm] <霧隠> Isaribi the Great <C> decide that. You need to repost because more than half of your post wouldn't be possible.>
[Del] [02/06 07:26pm] <霧隠> Isaribi the Great would, with his agility, not be faced with too much difficulty by these earthen spikes. He'd simply dodge each one by phasing in and out of his rain, as he had been doing; if Isaribi were hiding in the rain, it didn't seem like techniques of <C>
[Del] [02/06 07:27pm] <霧隠> Isaribi the Great <C> such a variety would connect, and they certainly would not. Furthermore, Isaribi's motions would remain quite hidden from his foe; not only was his sound drowned out by the pouring rain, but because they were of his signature, they worked <C>
[Del] [02/06 07:30pm] <霧隠> Isaribi the Great <C> to mask him. Isaribi, while hidden amongst his rain, would then activate his scroll he had previously prepared. After doing so, each of the puddles that had continued to manifest naturally from the rain, scattered about on the island and <C>
[Del] [02/06 07:33pm] <霧隠> Isaribi the Great <C> close-enough to one another to be impossible to avoid, would raise up into the formation of the maws of sharks. Even in Sage Mode, they'd be powerful enough to pierce flesh and crush bone; avoiding them, due to their sheer numbers, would <C>
[Del] [02/06 07:35pm] <霧隠> Isaribi the Great <C> certainly be a feat. After doing such, and sufficiently hidden from the Sharingan's perceptive abilities and drowned out by his rain, he'd remove one of the strange seeds from his pouch; he'd place it into his maw and, without chewing, <C>
[Del] [02/06 07:36pm] <霧隠> Isaribi the Great <C> would swallow it. This action would be unknown to his foe, for there isn't any way he could have perceived it; this action would serve to, deep within Isaribi's belly, produce a Hozuki plant, such as the one he had gifted to his comrade, <C>
[Del] [02/06 07:40pm] <霧隠> Isaribi the Great <C> Dart. This plant, through a type of perfect symbiosis, would serve to not only energize Isaribi by giving him new chakra for his stores which had previously been stored in the seed, but also to enhance his abilities, ranging from <C>
[Del] [02/06 07:41pm] <霧隠> Isaribi the Great <c> his speed and strength to his chakra control and sensory abilities.

[Del] [02/07 04:58am] <火> Uzumaki Yūjō | High above the clouds, the ice mirror floated, the black ice making for a catalyst for Yujo to do as he wished. The puddle sharks did not catch him off guard, though they did seem to be an annoyance and forced Yujo to jump high into the air (C)
[Del] [02/07 05:00am] <火> Uzumaki Yūjō (C) to make room while the sharks charged upwards towards him. While in the air, Yujo manifested a ball of Ice inside of his thread body, this being the size of an ordinary baseball, but it would serve it's purpose well enough. Being as it (C)
[Del] [02/07 05:02am] <火> Uzumaki Yūjō (C) too shared the mirrored like qualities as did the mirror above the clouds, Yujo was able to utilize this and was soon vanished inside of that ball of ice, being sucked into it as if he was Kamui'ing himself. In a flash all that was left (C)
[Del] [02/07 05:05am] <火> Uzumaki Yūjō (C) were a few balls; The ice ball that fell from where Yujo had left, and now again several flash bombs with the same properties as before. In the next moment, Yujo had transported himself to the ice mirror above in less than an instant, and (C)
[Del] [02/07 05:07am] <火> Uzumaki Yūjō (C) moved to stand atop the horizontally placed mirror in the sky. With his sage mode/bijuu chakra, he would utilize the air moisture around him, and in a few moments several dozen mirrors like this were spawned out above the clouds like a (C)
[Del] [02/07 05:08am] <火> Uzumaki Yūjō (C) solar array across the sky. With the sheer number of these mirrors, the drop in temperature was to be felt quite quickly, just one of these able to lower the temperature of an area down to where it would snow, that being so, this many (C)
[Del] [02/07 05:09am] <火> Uzumaki Yūjō (C) would threaten to create a blizzard within a minute or so, but first, before all this blizzard stuff went down, the air temperature would lower drastically enough for precipitation to no longer be possible, thus finally nullifying (C)
[Del] [02/07 05:10am] <火> Uzumaki Yūjō (C) Isa's Jutsu, and making his jutsu simply fuel Yujo's plans, and made it snow on the island. Now for poor Isa below, his body was made of water, and he was covered in it. The effects of hypothermia would take hold well before a blizzard (C)
[Del] [02/07 05:11am] <火> Uzumaki Yūjō (C) could form, and if he did not do well to counter this quickly, Isa would drop dead due to the cold. At the end of this, Yujo held a seal in hand, and awaited his work to take hold of the zone.
[Del] [02/27 12:59am] <火> Uzumaki Yūjō (Edits) To make room to create the ice, he would part the threads inside of his body to create a pocket of air inside of himself where he would then create the threads. Poof.
[Del] [02/27 12:59am] <火> Uzumaki Yūjō *last thread to ice. xD

Edit: I forgot to mention that I told Yujo to do a simple re-post and it never actually happened, honestly... the only thing that happened was just an quick edit, nothing more.
I never had this much hassle as a judge before in all my years. (This is a lie)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 02:46:59 AM by Camel »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 20 queries.