Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Mokuton detonation  (Read 3655 times)

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
Mokuton detonation
« on: October 28, 2014, 06:27:19 AM »

So, I know this was only in the Anime, but the Wood dragon technique was shown to be able to be detonated, and I have used other Mokuton techniques in this fashion as well as seen others do it, I was wondering if this was legit because it seems to be a grey area,

So the real question at hand is, Can Mokuton be detonated by the creator?

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: Mokuton detonation
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 02:29:21 PM »

Well you already know my opinion on this but I'll state it for public record. No, you should not be able to do that. No, Mokuton is not ALSO Bakuton.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 02:40:58 PM »

So, I know this was only in the Anime, but the Wood dragon technique was shown to be able to be detonated, and I have used other Mokuton techniques in this fashion as well as seen others do it, I was wondering if this was legit because it seems to be a grey area,

So the real question at hand is, Can Mokuton be detonated by the creator?

Detonated like boom, or detonated like burst into chunks of wood and chakra? The latter seems legit.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 02:46:32 PM »

Well you already know my opinion on this but I'll state it for public record. No, you should not be able to do that. No, Mokuton is not ALSO Bakuton.

IMO this, unless you're just building up water pressure in the wood or something. But no fiery explosions or any garbage like that. Best case scenario you have a shrapnel type thing. And a crappy one since wood is terribly soft.

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 03:05:07 PM »

I just saw Machina use it to blow up a chunk of a village. No, they mean explode like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UTOuTCSUUQ#t=26

Probably not the mushroom-cloud like degree of the video games, but yes, still a massive explosion.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 03:47:23 PM »

I just saw Machina use it to blow up a chunk of a village. No, they mean explode like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UTOuTCSUUQ#t=26

Probably not the mushroom-cloud like degree of the video games, but yes, still a massive explosion.

Yeah no that's not happening.

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 04:24:38 PM »

Kinda agree with Sabu here; if you want mokuton to be a bomb, then stick a bomb to it.

Otherwise the most you're gonna get is a shower of splinters.

Hades

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 05:59:09 PM »

I agree as well.

Suishou Koji

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 06:08:09 PM »

Also agrees upon seeing the video that Bocchi posted.

Wood Release is NOT Explosive Release.
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2014, 08:14:31 PM »

Cool that's what I figured. I just wanted to get everyone's opinion on it and put it to rest

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2014, 01:56:02 AM »

How would one even go about detonating Mokuton anything like how the video depicts? O_o Like, that is nigh-spontaneous combustion taken to the extreme there...
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2014, 03:32:28 AM »

I had explosive Mokuton before any of this advanced Mokuton stuff came out.

Of course mine wasn't on that large of a scale. I actually used flowers to do such this being before the flower releasing sleep powder.

I had explosive flower buds and pinecones. The flower buds explosion depends upon the size of the bud. Small ones are like fire crackers, medium like flash tag, large a bit larger, and a grand one that could level a portion of a village but it takes a lot to prepare several turns and has to be established into the village.

The leaves of the trees use a special form of photosensitive to convert the sun rays into chakra energy that was mass stored into the flower buds that would then erupt as they stayed closed. Much like a filling a balloon with to much air until it can not expand anymore and explodes outward.

The pine cones would explode not in an explosion but rather explode sending the seeds within outwards like bullets or shrapnel.   

These are simple explanations to it. I use to have far more detailed one's at my old bio site.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2014, 04:03:07 AM »

Of course mine wasn't on that large of a scale. I actually used flowers to do such this being before the flower releasing sleep powder.

I had explosive flower buds and pinecones. The flower buds explosion depends upon the size of the bud. Small ones are like fire crackers, medium like flash tag, large a bit larger, and a grand one that could level a portion of a village but it takes a lot to prepare several turns and has to be established into the village.

The leaves of the trees use a special form of photosensitive to convert the sun rays into chakra energy that was mass stored into the flower buds that would then erupt as they stayed closed. Much like a filling a balloon with to much air until it can not expand anymore and explodes outward.

The pine cones would explode not in an explosion but rather explode sending the seeds within outwards like bullets or shrapnel.   

These are simple explanations to it. I use to have far more detailed one's at my old bio site.

So kind of like chunks of wood and chakra then? Or in this context, petals and chakra?

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2014, 05:49:44 AM »

So kind of like chunks of wood and chakra then? Or in this context, petals and chakra?

The buds are constructed of flower petals that a tightly closed and within the petal the energy/chakra is stored and then expands causing the tight petal to expand until its breaking point and blow up so to say into blooming. Kinda like a dry ice bomb. It is not an explosion as in fire and flames and such but rather just a force wave or trapped air (CO2) or compression. Of course my flowers pack a bigger punch then a dry ice bomb though. The flowers create a greater force as it takes more to burst them so to say. The energy/chakra within causes the gasses to heat up and expand until these very dense flower buds reach their cracking point so really the air blowing outward is hot as well.

The pine cone is simply just the seeds blowing out like bullets. Nothing more.

Some dry ice bomb vids for shits and gigs  8) :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTP4yp8y_NA

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2014, 08:53:53 AM »

And, you know.

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 20 queries.