Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Elemental Alignment  (Read 9568 times)

DeAtHdEmOn

Re: Elemental Alignment
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2006, 03:45:41 PM »

If it was like that it won't work right the elements MUST be equal in power.

dude no.1

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2006, 03:50:22 PM »

well id prefer if neji did kekkei genkais than this. though if he has time for only this than it would be nice if he did this too. also wat about every 3 dks you get a new element.

DeAtHdEmOn

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2006, 03:52:36 PM »

Speakin of that I want mine soo badly.
It it a heck of alot better then Sasuke's and Neji's!

SnowLeoHitori

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2006, 04:39:05 PM »

I like this idea because it fits the manga... better for roleplaying :P

but other than that ... :P:P:P:P

DeAtHdEmOn

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2006, 05:29:21 PM »

I made alot of threads already.
Someone mind making this one for me?

anbumiko

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2006, 10:27:56 PM »

will there be a price for this

dude no.1

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2006, 11:07:10 PM »

kekkei genkai isnt wat tis is about, on topic please
the paper thingamadodad should cost about 1k and highers by 500 per 3 levels you grow. once your at level 10 you need gems too

Ichabod12

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2006, 01:05:47 AM »

Nah you might end up balancing out alot of things is what I meant by recoding. A person with fire mastery for example would own forest monsters so easily as well as people in the arena.

HatakeSakumo

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2006, 08:28:52 PM »

Fire and Lightning are the strongest, most destructive elements...Wind is powerful but it cannot stand up to Fire or Lightning...

Earth would be the weakest.. in strength that is...but it's best for defense.

As for randomness, well...it basically is randomness...but keep in mind that the effects of any of the elements WILL make you stronger..not weaker...you will improve in some way if you get an element..

also keep in mind that the powers of the Amulets are not set(except for maybe the Fire or Lightning Amulets, just because their effects are perfect for their type.. ;) )

So, the Earth amulet MIGHT increase defense...or it MIGHT give you another boost.. :) Anything can be changed, the BASIC concept is to implement Elemental Alignment into the game...

Whether or not it's permanent can be changed, the buffs for each element can be changed, etc. etc.

A price will most definetly be involved with this AS well as a minimum amount of Dragon Kills...

Meaning it's similar to the seal...EXCEPT you can be good, evil, or even neutral alignment.. :)

As for a fire mastery person owning forest creatures...First off, most of the players who would be able to master Fire, can already own forest creatures...

As for trainees in Fire or Lightning..Well I could easily make it where you get hurt every round...or make it where you might missed on some of the flame/lightning attacks.. ;)

There are 100 ways this could be designed...100 ways it could be changed...

The basic idea, once again, is Elemental Alignment added to the game...That could be considered the real question...Should/Could/Can we add Elemental Alignment to the game?

By the way, in the manga, elemental alignment is a Jounin level skill...It takes years to master and mostly, only high level shinobis can achieve mastery...

Kakashi, who is ranked the highest level Jounin in Konoha, has not even mastered half of his element...He takes alot of strain just using the Chidori a few times..

PerfectFlaw

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2006, 08:52:10 PM »

Fire and Lightning are the strongest, most destructive elements...Wind is powerful but it cannot stand up to Fire or Lightning...

In the manga Wind is outright said to be the strongest attacking element. If something like this were implemented I would hope the elements would stick to canon.

HatakeSakumo

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2006, 02:20:09 AM »

In the manga Wind is outright said to be the strongest attacking element. If something like this were implemented I would hope the elements would stick to canon.

Well if Wind is the strongest thanwe can make it such...but Fire and Lightning are considered extremely destructive elements as well...

But like I said...If Wind is supposed to be the strongest?...Then we can make it the strongest... :)

DeAtHdEmOn

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2006, 02:24:21 AM »

For every amount of power there must be another power to equal it.

Thus I say to you we have to make them equal or don't make them at all.
Water > Earth
Air > Fire
Fire > Water
Earth > Air

I made a mock test server and with it now know that if neji add's this he must also add a power or rival the wind or else people will take advantage of it and it will be removed.
I am sry but this is why adding things like this are so hard.
You wan't to make the game fun and enjoyable.But if someone with the wind element comes around and destroy's you over and over agian sooner or later you will get start to hate the add on.Alot of genin and students could give up on the game.If we do add this and keep the wind element the most powerfull IT must be the hardest to get.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 02:35:19 AM by DeAtHdEmOn »

Xaos

• Site Staff (Moderator)
  • Alpha Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2006, 02:29:22 AM »

For every amount of power there must be a nother power to equal it.

Thus I say to you we have to make them equal or don't make them at all.
Water >Earth
Air >Fire
Fire >Water
Earth >Air

That's like saying since there's no equal to Curse seals we should get rid of them...

There doens't have to be a "Weakness" chart. Just make them around the same power or just make them completely different. Like Fire involves moves with attack, while water involves moves with defense and so on.

DeAtHdEmOn

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2006, 02:30:50 AM »

OR we can do what Xaos said.
(It's the same thing I typed but easy to understand)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 02:32:09 AM by DeAtHdEmOn »

Xaos

• Site Staff (Moderator)
  • Alpha Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2006, 02:41:33 AM »

I made a mock test server and with it now know that if neji add's this he must also add a power or rival the wind or else people will take advantage of it and it will be removed.
I am sry but this is why adding things like this are so hard.
You wan't to make the game fun and enjoyable.But if someone with the wind element comes around and destroy's you over and over agian sooner or later you will get start to hate the add on.Alot of genin and students could give up on the game.If we do add this and keep the wind element the most powerfull IT must be the hardest to get.

Or just do what I said in my last post and give every element it's pros and cons...

Fire = Attack
Water = Def
Earth = Both atk and Def but not as much as the individuals
Wind = Life and/or Minion attacks.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 20 queries.