Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 3D  (Read 4892 times)

Maria

3D
« on: October 17, 2006, 02:02:35 AM »

This is the only thing I don't like about this site. We only push buttons and we don't get to decide if we get to win in fights or not. I like the site, but this would make it better

emoney

• nana
    • View Profile
Re: 3D
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 02:07:31 AM »

This is the only thing I don't like about this site. We only push buttons and we don't get to decide if we get to win in fights or not. I like the site, but this would make it better

what are you talking about?
Academy Student emoney is a Shoku Council to Code of Shoku (Clan)
Title: Kage
Level: 8
Resurrections: 2
Race: Sound
Specialty: Hyouton Ninjutsu
Creature: Pakkun
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Forehead Protector Size: 17
Kabuto Kills: 38
Player Kills: 242
Orochimaru Kills: 40

Maria

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 02:13:14 AM »

I mean where you can walk around and see the carecters and not just talk to them. we would still have the gardens and the clan halls but it would be funner than the site is now

Baluski

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 02:53:06 AM »

I mean where you can walk around and see the carecters and not just talk to them. we would still have the gardens and the clan halls but it would be funner than the site is now

And how do you purpose doing that? Do you have a team of programmers by your side that has time to dedicate years to designing and coding this?
Everytime a thread is locked, a penguin dies.

Obey the moderator!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTLwiccIOxI

emoney

• nana
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 02:55:38 AM »

yeah do you ^^
Academy Student emoney is a Shoku Council to Code of Shoku (Clan)
Title: Kage
Level: 8
Resurrections: 2
Race: Sound
Specialty: Hyouton Ninjutsu
Creature: Pakkun
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Forehead Protector Size: 17
Kabuto Kills: 38
Player Kills: 242
Orochimaru Kills: 40

LeafToad

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 02:58:52 AM »

There is a lot more interactivity with your character than you think it is... 3D would just ruin the game for a lot of people (especially dial up users)

dude no.1

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 04:19:00 AM »

*thinks leaf should be a forum mod* I told you how hard it is maria, right before you bit me in the gardens. >>

Sichae

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2006, 01:58:52 PM »

It's been suggested before, before a lot of you had even heard of LotGD (Shinobi Legends core). It's only taken shape on 2 occasions. One was the World Map module (which is still buggy, to my recollection) and the other was recently (in the past 2 months) a JAVA applet for moving around a town, yet it was never formatted to work with anything past version .0.9.7.

This game is text-based for a reason (as an homage to Seth Able Robinson's LoRD) and to change that would remove the very soul of the project. [/drama]

Konoha Genious Blaze

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2006, 10:22:40 PM »

in other words...too much coding and we don't have the time or the designers to do so. i think it's useless to post this since if we could create the game in 3D  we would dont you think...

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2006, 10:34:36 PM »

if you start in 3d think about at least money in 5 digits count to invest for programmers.

there is a big step, you'll need client-server software to begin with.
So dump the entire game and write a new one from scratch, that is.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

narutokunninja

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2006, 12:32:25 AM »

actually there are people making a not 3d but 2d game that you can go around walking in the naruto universe fighting same thing that you do here you could hook up with them they could do the grapics and you could add your story

Samantha

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2006, 01:54:13 AM »

As Neji said a good time ago, performance is an important key to consider in this game. Meaning that coding for the sake of coding want accomplish anything here, because if it drags down the performance then we all will be complaining. On top of that, we need to seriously think about other people that might not have computers with awesome graphics.  The way it is now, we have it open to everyone (DSL(like me), Cable, and Dial-up).
To be honest, I was extremely happy with the pictures that I saw of all the masters I had to fight, level 1 through level 15. This isn't youtube and this site hasn't been bought out by corporate sponsors. In order to get all that 3-D stuff, it would mean that you would be paying a fee everytime you play the game. 

DeAtHdEmOn

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2006, 02:09:59 AM »

This is not a good idea!

Unless we make a new game server of course AND a totally diffrent game type like RO.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2006, 09:06:52 AM »

This is not a good idea!

Unless we make a new game server of course AND a totally diffrent game type like RO.

...and for that coding I have no time.

@2D game
involves also major coding parts and will also need a client-server application most likely.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Lebis

• Ya'll ever see a Vyloria around? Probs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2006, 01:14:48 PM »

I hate 3D computer games... We have consuls for that.
I'd love to check where my old friends are. My discord is always open. Let's catch up! 

Discord - Vyloria#9279
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 20 queries.