Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Akatsuki & ANBU  (Read 9351 times)

Kureaa

Re: Akatsuki & ANBU
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2007, 05:56:30 PM »

Well if you want something different for ANBU Neji, then how about this for an idea:

"ANBU protect the village from exceptional threats, conduct high-risk missions into enemy countries, and deal with extremely strong (S-Rank) ninja. They are also responsible for carrying out assassinations and missions requiring specially trained ninja."

I was thinking since an ANBU is a protector of their village and also perform special assasinations, then how about we make them do just that.  Instead of battles in the Forest, an ANBU can focus on hunting down those of an Evil alignment.

Through PvP fights, if you as an ANBU decide to attack someone that is Evil, then you have protected the Village from a known Trouble Maker and Exceptional threat.

Your Superiors at ANBU take notice of your success and give you a certain Reward or Promotion.  I have not worked out the exact awards one might recieve, but instead of collecting souls, you will recieve Merit.

You basically cash in your Merits by talking to your Superiors and they will either tell you that you should stop slacking off and get the work done or they will offer you a Raise/Promotion.

I know there is a major flaw in this and that is the fact that not everyone can really PvP against another because their rank is perhaps too high, but this is all I could really think of and if Gyu can perhaps fix what I've said then you will hopefully give this ANBU idea a shot since I've tried to make it different like you said  :)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 07:43:39 PM by Kureaa »

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2007, 11:26:40 PM »

After sitting on the toilet bowl for a few days, the idea finally hits me XD

ANBU
Requirements: 10 DK and Lawful
Fee: none
Features:
1) Your armor will be replaced with ANBU mask & uniform.
2) You will gain 1 extra PVP and 3 extra travels every new day.
3) "Release" or "Withdraw" will replace "Flee". "Release" and "Withdraw" allow the player to escape a fight with 100% success rate without losing his/her turn if their escape was flawless.
4) Slaying innocent creatures in the forest will make you more chaotic. You will be kicked out of ANBU if you become chaotic.
5) Slaying evil creatures in the forest will make you more lawful.
6) As an ANBU, you will have to patrol (cost 1 turn) you home country at the start of every new day before you can go to the forest. Patroling is like traveling, you might or might not encounter an enemy or a chain of enemies.
7) ANBU medic will heal you for free.
8) You are not allowed to slay lawful good players.
9) You may slay chaotic evil players regardless of thier DK (level restriction still applied).
10) After doing a certain amount of good deeds, you will be rewarded with a few gems.
11) After winning a certain amount of fights while patroling, you will gain a level on your current specialty.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 12:56:42 AM by Gyu~ru~ru »

LeafToad

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2007, 11:39:11 PM »

ANBU
8) You are not allowed to slay good players.

I think that's going to make a looot of people fustrated. It shouldn't effect PVPs because Akatsuki has no range on their PVPs. >.>

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2007, 12:47:27 AM »

That's the difference between joining good and joining evil.

NaraLong

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2007, 12:54:13 AM »

ummm
anbu seems a bit...TOO good
free healing?
extra travels and pvp?
100% success rate when fleeing? and u dont lose turn if it was perfect (well thats ok cuz if its perfect so far, who would flee??? unless they forgot to heal and have 2 hp left from the last fight)
only 1 less turn for 5 perm hp (i realize its after a while, but that's a bit...much unless it was alot of patrol fights)
u become MORE lawful by slaying creatures? so u stay in anbu longer?
NO FEE??? (even i kno that aka requires some of ur...oops not gonna say that...)
chance to get gems from "good deeds"?

the only bad things are that u lose ONE turn...omg that's so much *sarcasm*!
and u get chaotic wen u kill innocent creatures

the lawful for slaying (evil?) creatures and the chaotic for slaying innocent creatures cancel (about, its a 50-50 chance that its either, right?)
the 1 turn is definately worth the eventuall 5 perm hp
the rest is all good stuff...

no, its too good.

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2007, 01:07:41 AM »

ummm
anbu seems a bit...TOO good
free healing?
extra travels and pvp?
100% success rate when fleeing? and u dont lose turn if it was perfect (well thats ok cuz if its perfect so far, who would flee??? unless they forgot to heal and have 2 hp left from the last fight)
only 1 less turn for 5 perm hp (i realize its after a while, but that's a bit...much unless it was alot of patrol fights) I changed that and you misunderstood what I wrote. It's like the temple of light and shadow, you DO NOT get what the temple has to offer just by doing a good deed or two.
u become MORE lawful by slaying creatures? so u stay in anbu longer? Have you forgotten that slaying innocent makes you chaotic?
NO FEE??? (even i kno that aka requires some of ur...oops not gonna say that...) You have to become lawful before you can join ANBU. That's more work that the fee for Akatsuki.
chance to get gems from "good deeds"? Not revealing how to obtain good deeds for ANBU.

the only bad things are that u lose ONE turn...omg that's so much *sarcasm*!
and u get chaotic wen u kill innocent creatures. That's why there's that "release" and "withdraw" thingy, so that you don't slay innocent creatures.

the lawful for slaying (evil?) creatures and the chaotic for slaying innocent creatures cancel (about, its a 50-50 chance that its either, right?)
the 1 turn is definately worth the eventuall 5 perm hp. Did I said that you get 5 permanent HP after every patrol? I don't think so.
the rest is all good stuff...

no, its too good.

RAIKIRI

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2007, 01:16:47 AM »

gyu clearify this for me please: i am evil, i joined akatski. I am also lawful which mean si can join anbu. Is taht true?

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2007, 01:20:16 AM »

You will have to quit Akatsuki before joining. ANBU will most likely make you good.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 02:17:20 AM by Gyu~ru~ru »

RAIKIRI

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2007, 01:25:16 AM »

o... i see... anyways its a good idea  :D except as nara says its a  bit too rewarding. i mean look at akatski downsides and then anbu downsides... Other than that... i love the idea!

one more thing. is the anbu maska nd katana oly a name or is it automatically level 15 armor?

ryushi

« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2007, 01:41:20 AM »

I didn't get an akatsuki tattoo :(
If I were to turn good to join anbu good I errr...... keep my..... "evil" thing >>

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2007, 01:58:05 AM »

Do I really have to write the downsides out for you guys?
1) You HAVE to travel to your home country and do the patrol thingy every new day before you can enter the forest. Imagine running into a chain of non-stop battles without healing at a low level or without equipments. You might die during patrol you know? But at least you did your duty.
2) You have to flee from innocent creatures or risk becoming chaotic and get kicked out of ANBU.
3) Unlike Akatsuki, you have no control over when you want your "reward" and the "reward" aren't as good as Akatsuki's.

I put all those special features for ANBU due to the lack of rewards in joining ANBU when compared to Akatsuki.

One more thing, the "ANBU mask & uniform" is just a name.

Kureaa

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2007, 01:58:14 AM »

After sitting on the toilet bowl for a few days, the idea finally hits me XD

ANBU
Requirements: 10 DK and Lawful
Fee: none
Features:
1) Your armor will be replaced with ANBU mask & uniform.
2) You will gain 1 extra PVP and 3 extra travels every new day.
3) "Release" or "Withdraw" will replace "Flee". "Release" and "Withdraw" allow the player to escape a fight with 100% success rate without losing his/her turn if their escape was flawless.
4) Slaying innocent creatures in the forest will make you more chaotic. You will be kicked out of ANBU if you become chaotic.
5) Slaying evil creatures in the forest will make you more lawful.
6) As an ANBU, you will have to patrol (cost 1 turn) you home country at the start of every new day before you can go to the forest. Patroling is like traveling, you might or might not encounter an enemy or a chain of enemies.
7) ANBU medic will heal you for free.
8) You are not allowed to slay lawful good players.
9) You may slay chaotic evil players regardless of thier DK (level restriction still applied).
10) After doing a certain amount of good deeds, you will be rewarded with a few gems.
11) After winning a certain amount of fights while patroling, you will gain a level on your current specialty.

I love this idea Gyu  :D  It's different and a great idea.  It just seems that people are going to expect more of a downside to joining ANBU.  Akatsuki does have something over ANBU of course but it has something that makes things a little more troubling to be in it as well.  I'm guessing Neji's going to want that.

It looks good to me though :)

Do I really have to write the downsides out for you guys?
1) You HAVE to travel to your home country and do the patrol thingy every new day before you can enter the forest. Imagine running into a chain of non-stop battles without healing at a low level or without equipments. You might die during patrol you know? But at least you did your duty.
2) You have to flee from innocent creatures or risk becoming chaotic and get kicked out of ANBU.
3) Unlike Akatsuki, you have no control over when you want your "reward" and the "reward" aren't as good as Akatsuki's.

I put all those special features for ANBU due to the lack of rewards in joining ANBU when compared to Akatsuki.

One more thing, the "ANBU mask & uniform" is just a name.

Wait!  I just read what you wrote and when you hear all the downsides jumbled up like that then you don't really see the need for more -_-

One question:  How do you know when a creature is innocent and that you must "withdraw" from it?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 02:10:38 AM by Kureaa »

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2007, 02:14:15 AM »

One question:  How do you know when a creature is innocent and that you must "withdraw" from it?
You will know when you slay one.

Kureaa

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2007, 02:32:09 AM »

You will know when you slay one.

Well then technically you can't flee from it anymore >.>

ryushi

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2007, 02:47:57 AM »

I want an akatsuki cloak :|
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 15 queries.