Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Author Topic: Specialty System  (Read 4263 times)

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Specialty System
« on: October 22, 2006, 05:02:58 PM »

Okay, the new specialty system will be put in place today, here are a few points you should be aware of:

• they are using chakra which is not restricted to 1 specialty, you can use the same chakra for another technique. You generally acquire skillpoints (=chakra points) for one technique and may switch to another technique at any time within the chakra-based ones.
  • you get a use point every level now, not every 3. which means you have more uses, but the jutsus will advance a bit slower.
  • don't think that with 15 uses you have seen the best jutsu of that specialty yet, some (hokage level) require much more use points
  • Naruto's techniques are NOT included right now. They are more like kekkei genkai, not a normal thing you can learn
  • kage bunshin is not in there yet
  • Gaara's techniques are included (for now)
  • as stated you use chakra and can switch specialties, which means you can have katon/suiton/doton etc etc all at the same time. BE AWARE: you cannot reach the highest jutsus if you divert your attention that much! Focussing on one skill gives you stronger jutsus there, yet you have less variation
  • some skills are *BASIC*, so you have them without learning (like kawarimi).. though are not that useful in battle (they will have a place in mission etc later on)
  • you can (currently, more to come) switch skills at Sakura in the forest (you know: you can enter only when wounded, she is busy and not everybody gets to her) -> this does not make fully sense, but I'll have some other thing in mind where I will put this, but it is not ready yet (alpha stage)
  • the "old" skills will be there, you can choose them for now if you want to. I'll advise against it, they will be taken out sooner or later, and in a few days I won't let you choose them anymore.

---> biggest thing: If you think you have found a bug, describe precisely what happened and where you think an error is.

Also, I have only balanced them to my best knowledge... it's pretty hard to see them interacting.

Most skills are not for academy students!
They will only have a few to choose from, like Genjutsu, Taijutsu etc.
Almost all elemental ninjutsu are for higher ranking players only (currently a bit after jounin and you have all available to select from).
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 16 queries.