Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: America<Asia  (Read 3986 times)

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: America<Asia
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2006, 12:58:25 PM »

*cough*

well... now you're fighting over stereotypes in a way.

America is the greatest economy existing on Earth, yes. That's a fact.
It is a fact that in i.e. WWII America joined the allied forces and forced the Axis to surrender. Also a fact.
America was involved in many wars and is. That's a fact.

The motivations can be seen from 2 sides. The phrase "we want to help you" is also something which is not discussed, it is the "how" that splits the parties.

"we were forced to go to war" is a phrase often used.
Nobody forced you unless they invade. And even then you could simply surrender.
We are talking about making a choice here... "we decided to take action to" and then the reason, i.e. "help the weaker country" or "stop the aggressor" and so on.

Debating about what country is "strong" should go to topics like "military", "educational system" ...
you are currently arguing about it with 2 topics... or more.

Facts:
Population America < Population Asia
Population US > Population Japan

etc etc
if you throw things around, you won't debate reasonably.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Sanosoke

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2006, 05:14:39 PM »

"we were forced to go to war" is a phrase often used.
Nobody forced you unless they invade. And even then you could simply surrender.
We are talking about making a choice here... "we decided to take action to" and then the reason, i.e. "help the weaker country" or "stop the aggressor" and so on.

okay, I'd have to say, after 9-11, we may not have been forced, but they sure nudged us in that direction...

As far as this... it doesn't matter what race you are... what about the African Americans, or the Germans, or the Australians... er, scratch that last one... (I kid the Aussies, I know a few...) but it's how hard you work, what kind of educational background you have, and etc.

Although the Japanese do have some pretty sweet stuff, such as anime, in a decent language, mind you, excellent technology, and Toyotas.... (leave me alone, I love a Camry...) Among other Asian countries, we have the best martial arts, cool weapons (I don't like European two-handed swords near as much as a doh or a katana), the great wall of china... cool geographical features, etc... BUT... Americans have just as much... There's no way to compare such a thing without bringing out unnecessary stereotypes...

Yau

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2006, 07:22:04 PM »

My Science teacher got mad at us and told us that asian students are far more superior than us and we should be like them. What do you think?

Ps I live in USA

No, the STUDENTS themselves are not superior.

Shikki

• That's what she said.
    • View Profile
    • 4Spam!
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2006, 01:37:18 AM »

My Science teacher got mad at us and told us that asian students are far more superior than us and we should be like them. What do you think?

Ps I live in USA

im asian -_-  it depends on what kind of teacher you have and what level classes you take like i have all honors magnet classes and i maintain a 4.0 without trying..... all you have to do is sleep with your eyes open like i do and turn in the work even if its all wrong

Yau

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2006, 01:52:06 AM »

Ps I live in USA

im asian -_-  it depends on what kind of teacher you have and what level classes you take like i have all honors magnet classes and i maintain a 4.0 without trying..... all you have to do is sleep with your eyes open like i do and turn in the work even if its all wrong
I don't get the point in what you said.  :-? It's based on individuality and on the broader scale the culture and environment. So why does it matter if you're Asian and have a 4.0? What, should we be basing these off of specific cases? Want to hear mine? Come on.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 01:53:01 AM by Yau »

Shikki

• That's what she said.
    • View Profile
    • 4Spam!
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2006, 02:04:13 AM »

Ps I live in USA

I don't get the point in what you said.  :-? It's based on individuality and on the broader scale the culture and environment. So why does it matter if you're Asian and have a 4.0? What, should we be basing these off of specific cases? Want to hear mine? Come on.

im not trying to make it sound like im basing it off individual people im trying to say it depends on what kind of teachers you have such as the ones i have suck and have easy work so anyone can pass the classes even though no one ever pays attention i am one of the 8 asian kids at my school and only 3 of us l have a good G.P.A

Kureaa

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2006, 02:13:21 AM »

Well I'm South Asian and although my parents are from India, I was born in Canada.  I do think that some parts in Asia, not the technologically advanced ones, the people know the meaning of hard work more so than in North America.

My parents were farmers in India so they grew up doing manual labour.  The students there were also very smart and dedicated and they may be inferior in technology but when it came to Science or Math, they seem to have a better average than us.

I am more of a slacker and although I know I can be smart, I am sometimes too lazy to do any work  :P

When it comes down to it, it is not who is smarter, because be all have that potential, but who is more dedicated and determined to achieve that intelligence  :)

So I think we're equally smart, but North Americans are probably more lazy.  At least in my experiences  ;)

Shikki

• That's what she said.
    • View Profile
    • 4Spam!
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2006, 02:16:13 AM »

I am more of a slacker and although I know I can be smart, I am sometimes too lazy to do any work  :P

When it comes down to it, it is not who is smarter, because be all have that potential, but who is more dedicated and determined to achieve that intelligence  :)

i am not determined at all it all just comes naturally without me even trying

Kureaa

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2006, 02:20:07 AM »

Well there are some individuals that can be born "gifted" like natural athletes for example, but if someone not born "gifted" works at it, then they can one day surpass that "gifted" person.  :)

Shikki

• That's what she said.
    • View Profile
    • 4Spam!
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2006, 02:24:02 AM »

Well there are some individuals that can be born "gifted" like natural athletes for example, but if someone not born "gifted" works at it, then they can one day surpass that "gifted" person.  :)

i know
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 20 queries.