Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Author Topic: BadNav Help  (Read 1032 times)

DeAtHdEmOn

BadNav Help
« on: November 23, 2006, 04:45:10 PM »

Ok I found this.
Please stop asking about the BadNav bug.

Badnav
From DragonPedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Description
A Badnav is happening when:

you click and the screen only seems to refresh, telling you in the addressbar "..../badnav.php"
you encounter a white screen telling you to "Click here." (and in >=1.1.1 "If you cannot leave this page, notify the staff via petition and tell them where this happened and what you did. Thanks.") This text lies in lib/redirect.php by the way.

Causes
The first point can be caused by various (also some causes are unknown) things... i.e. if you simply refresh the browser page via your browser button (or F5).

Yet, it might also an error that happened when you have timed out and log in again, while in a special or any occasion. There is no real pattern for it. And no solution.

Technically, the problem lies in the field allowednavs of the accounts table... there is wrong information stored or information corrupted. Also the output which is stored (the entire page information) each page hit is missing or does not correspond to the allowednavs information. (stored in the accounts table, field output, for versions >=1.1.1 in table accounts_output)

Badnavs happen.

The second point lies in a redirect to another page that breaks, caused by redirect(). If the user can't leave this page, he is also stuck at a Badnav.

Solutions
Normally you go to the User Editor, edit his/her account and click "Fix Navs".

That will restore his navigation in terms of clearing the above mentioned field (and another field (specialinc) to additionally remove him from any special he/she might be in).

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: BadNav Help
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 08:50:23 PM »

:shock:

now you are quoting me. Thanks.

I wrote that article. And it is obviously for coders, not for players.

But "authority by quoting" seems to make you feel better ^^
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Xaos

• Site Staff (Moderator)
  • Alpha Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: BadNav Help
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 02:10:39 AM »

Or you could just call it Bad Navigation on the site when you cannot leave a page >> << >>

I seriously think everyone knows what a bad nav is when they get it... What you need to be posting is that they need to petition it rther than reporting it here ><

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 19 queries.