Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: welcome n00bs  (Read 6654 times)

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
welcome n00bs
« on: December 05, 2006, 10:16:50 PM »

Well, I wrote a small module to grant new academy students a small package as well as a short description of the game.

All new acads will get an academy package... 6 kunai, 4 shuriken, an apple and one explosive tag.

The text itself is coloured in the game, but I don't want to do it here, so here it is:

Welcome new shinobi

I'd like to take the opportunity to give you a first impression on what kind of game you have to expect here and what part you can fit in. It's a general 'warm welcome' as well as a short summary of what the game is about. Be also sure to read the FAQ at the left hand sidebar once you enter your home village.

Konoha, the city where Naruto resides, is the main 'capital' this world features. There are more villages around it, for the Sound, Mist, Leaf (=inhabitants of Konohagakure) and Sand shinobi... also there are rumours about other places you can go. But this is not something you, being an Academy Student should do.
Your primary aim is... to defeat others in combat and to gain strength... which is here displayed as you rise in Level... but this is only a part of it. Even with Level 15 (which is the highest achievable), you are still an Academy Student... and probably you want to become Genin, Chuunin and even more... like Naruto, who wants to be Hokage one day. This is hard work, believe me, but not something you cannot achieve. Though you won't really rule a country there (imagine 1 village for every player that has achieved a certain rank...), you will have some unique stuff you can currently only dream of.

Well then, you should know three places... the forest, Shizune's Weaponshop and Kurenai's Armor. You can only access them at your home city... so don't stroll around too much if you want to buy new equipment. You can buy your armor and weapon there... you can only have one main weapon and one main armor at a time, as usually shinobi just wear one set. Also, don't forget to visit Sakura in order to get healed ... or you'll perish soon to Shinigami... where you will stay until a new day has begun.

You will get a starting pack including 2 sets of Kunai (3 Kunai each set), 2 sets of Shuriken (2 Shuriken each), an apple (nourishment) and one explosive tag when you leave the academy (which is where the game starts). Note that you also start with 1000 gold pieces, which is the currency here, along with the most precious gems who are scarcely found.

Your primary goal, even when you choose to be a Sound shinobi, is to defeat Orochimaru once your have reached the level to do so. Once you have done so, you will receive the next rank (genins and above require more Orochimaru Kills to get a new rank, yet they will receive a differently coloured rank).

This game is meant to be a role-playing game, which means you should talk and interact with the other users (not necessarily only kill them in the fields) in order to build friendships (and make enemies) and to get into a clan one day. Alone and 'young' you will soon find out the world is harsh...

Just one reminder: Please honour the server rules, the game should be fun for all, not for a few at the expense of the others. Thank you.

Some more informations:
Turn per day: 10
Length of a game day: 8 hours
Fights against other players (PvP) per day: 3
Make sure you login at least after 10 days again if you have not killed Oro once, or your account will expire (email notification 24h in advance coming)!

Staff of Shinobilegends

Click here to enter the realm!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 10:59:10 PM by Neji »
Never judge a cow by its udder.

SinHarvest

Re: welcome n00bs
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 10:23:31 PM »

YOSH! very good neji, no noob is without their manual now

ryushi

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 10:51:07 PM »

Now none of the N00bs will be asking why a Grand Hokage is a level below them, this will answer many questions

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 10:58:39 PM »

I added some more information... and modified my first post.

LeafToad

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 11:34:20 PM »

Thanks a bunch, finally the n00b confusions will cease...

There should be something about constantly begging other players for answers to spoilers...
"As you are a shinobi, you surely don't want to tarnish your title by going around asking other players for advice. Learn the ways, and you will quickly become a success, but don't get there by asking."

Something small ya know... >.>

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2006, 11:39:08 PM »

well, basically, Academy Students asking Jounins would be... normal -_- so I can't really say anything against it.

Yet, if  they are too buggy or rude... it's another point -_-

narutard

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 12:06:50 AM »

I wish i got those weapons when i was a student..... anyways, good job neji ;).

Kieru

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006, 04:12:23 AM »

Hah! Nice :cool: Maybe this will stop the constant questions, specifically, "I'm a higher level then you, why aren't I a/an *insert rank name here* yet?"

I mean, the first "well excuuuuuse me, Miss High-Level Shinobi!" was pretty funny, but I'm pretty tired of hearing it.

Sacrifar

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2006, 03:25:40 PM »

Question:

About the "Make sure you login at least after 10 days again if you have not killed Oro once, or your account will expire (email notification 24h in advance coming)!... "

Is that mean student must kill the Oro within 10 days ,or otherwise they will lost their profile? :roll:

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2006, 03:34:26 PM »

Hm, I thought it's pretty clear.

-> no oro kill
-> after 10 days your account expires

that's it.

if it is too complicated, I can rephrase it.

Sacrifar

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2006, 03:39:27 PM »

I think i get you..

Thanks Neji.. ;)

Uzamakiman

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2006, 08:32:04 AM »

i wish that message would have been ther when i started i had to figure it out myself...... then i had a friend of mine almost bite my head off asking me about the game when i wouldnt explain it to him

Aceman

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2006, 09:10:36 AM »

-> no oro kill

that's it.

What happens if those AS are busy with life, work, school/exams, on vacation or strict rules made by parent? I know this girl(an AS) who can  only log in at weekends. But sometimes there might be other stuff that keeps her from logging in (Exam week, vacation and more i cant think of now). 15 days before your account expires seems more fair to me. just a suggestion

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2006, 11:19:26 AM »

-> no oro kill

that's it.

What happens if those AS are busy with life, work, school/exams, on vacation or strict rules made by parent? I know this girl(an AS) who can  only log in at weekends. But sometimes there might be other stuff that keeps her from logging in (Exam week, vacation and more i cant think of now). 15 days before your account expires seems more fair to me. just a suggestion

I try to keep it clean. 10 days are easily done with 1 weekend.

there are many guys making junk chars, usually about 200 expire every day (!)

hacker9801.1

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2006, 11:55:42 AM »

Hmm, sounds like somebody called me a n00b.
Oh wow, you're root, so original.
I'm sure you don't even know what root means. :roll:
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 16 queries.