Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Author Topic: Both a Curse and a Blessing...Question for all players.  (Read 1496 times)

Uchiha Sasuke

• Site Staff (Moderator)
  • "Let this thunder, herald your end."'
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Both a Curse and a Blessing...Question for all players.
« on: December 11, 2006, 05:18:08 AM »

Has anyone felt that this 'game' is both a blessing and a curse?
What I mean by this is, like during a time of gameplay to this site have you met people here who can change your life completely?
It just seems to draw people so close together, to the fact you may see them as family, friends, or even love them beyond friendship, as well as hate them. Yet...in reality.

Over the course of time...I've felt that way, I've made a load of friends, and a few people I consider to be my family more then my own. As well as possibly being able to say that I've been able to care for someone.
._.
I don't want to sound crazy, but what do you all think?

KingCyrus

• So be it.
    • View Profile
Re: Both a Curse and a Blessing...Question for all players.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 05:20:16 AM »

nah, you don't sound crazy
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 10:44:14 PM by KingCyrus »
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. But if my fate is to die, then I must simply laugh. -Magus

Shukaku

• How can my feet smell if they don't have a nose??
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 02:10:54 PM »

that hapends to almost everyone who plays online games but my life dont change completely just because of the game.....
I'm back to SL !

Uchiha Sasuke

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 03:01:02 PM »

Hn, well I don't mean like entirely changed...
I've just met people here who affected me more then I could have ever known -_-;

LeafToad

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 12:17:10 AM »

Yes, this game is sort of a blessing, in the way that I have met fabulous friends. More than in any other RPG I have played I might add. I guess the text-based fun really brings people together.

Though this game is like a curse, or a sticker that won't come off, as in which I cannot stop logging on, I'd even kill me to take 2 days away from the game. o.o

Uchiha Sasuke

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 01:53:37 AM »

XD
It's beginning to have that same effect with me about logging on...

kboogi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 03:35:05 AM »

Every time I log in now, I have at least 10 people on my buddy list & I have a relationship with each one. I love this site - that is why I donate to ensure it can stay in tip-top condition. I love the forums also, To see so many good & bad ideas tells me people do care & want to feel that they had some type of input that is visible to all while playing.
 8)

My wife doesn't like it at times though...
 :shock:
Pope'en ain't easy...

Respect the moderators!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTLwiccIOxI

Lebis

• Ya'll ever see a Vyloria around? Probs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 03:45:16 AM »

Despite the virtuality... I see quite a handful of people I consider my closest friends, closer than those in real life..

I mean, if you think about it, it would definitely be different in the real world. But here, you can escape your worries of all the abuse and just relax... Nobody can really betray you (unless you're that specific person...) here because of that. What's the most they can do? Get you banned? Frame you over a simple pixel text?

It eases a lot of things... Unless you get people you care about more than anything to disappear for a bit..
I'd love to check where my old friends are. My discord is always open. Let's catch up! 

Discord - Vyloria#9279

SinHarvest

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2006, 03:59:50 AM »

Every time I log in now, I have at least 10 people on my buddy list & I have a relationship with each one. I love this site - that is why I donate to ensure it can stay in tip-top condition. I love the forums also, To see so many good & bad ideas tells me people do care & want to feel that they had some type of input that is visible to all while playing.
 8)

My wife doesn't like it at times though...
 :shock:
Oh my god, you're telling me, if i hear'get off the computer and talk to me' again, i'll cry

Uzamakiman

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2006, 06:29:35 AM »

plus side: this game rocks it fun

bad side: lately ive been spending less time with my girlfriend and more time with my clan mates

Kenshirou

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2006, 04:42:17 PM »

I've been playing here for a week and I already have a couple of people I bug regularly, particularly one of them who I find to be cute.  If things go right I'll probably marry her or somethin'.

It's always nice to have friendships with people you meet online, just be sure to not take them too far.  Even if most of the people here are probably truthful there's bound to be a wolf in sheep's clothing somewhere.  But, yeah, that said it's pretty easy to make friends here, everyone's just very nice and the game's set up well to allow for a lot of socializing.

SinHarvest

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2006, 05:17:52 PM »

not everyones nice>.> I know 4 people in this game from real life, so that helps, and everyone else I have grown to like are cool too

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 15 queries.