Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Custom text color  (Read 1549 times)

Arpax

Custom text color
« on: February 23, 2007, 02:37:38 AM »

I think it would be interesting to have a custom text color, which would automatically display when we post something in the forums. I know we can change the color of are text as we type , but it would be nice to set this predisposed color in your preferences for instance, and be able to use it freely. I’m not sure forum requests are supposed to be posted in this section, but I figured I'd "take a shot".
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 02:38:55 AM by Arpax »

Fiyona

Re: Custom text color
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 04:52:34 AM »

That's a good idea, I think.. I know I defiantely use the same color over and over again. But then again, it's not really that much effort to type in 2 extra text characters.. so I don't know if it's really worth it.

LeafToad

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 04:55:15 AM »

I just think using the default color is better, not only for the few people that use different templates, but for people that use black on the grey & black template...

Personally I didn't think that type of thing is possible on a forum. >>

Lebis

• Ya'll ever see a Vyloria around? Probs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 04:56:21 AM »

It's been requested once before.

Some people do actions in a whole different colour, and then speech in another.

Take Baluski for example. He used orange text for actions, and royal blue text for speech.

Take me for example, I use the standard emote colour for actions, and navy blue text for speech. Wouldn't have it another way, not me.
I'd love to check where my old friends are. My discord is always open. Let's catch up! 

Discord - Vyloria#9279

PyroPrinny

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 04:57:46 AM »

No, Lebis, he wasn't requesting the RP colors to be set. He wanted to know if there could be a way to set a default color in the fourms, not the RP.

Lebis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 05:08:49 AM »

O.o

I just reread it, and I must've skipped over that part. <<

I honestly don't find it necessary. Like the girl that types in pink and white. Kinda makes me mad trying to read white on this background.

There is a default text for each layout/skin for the forums.

Now if you use the black one, and somebody is using a dark colour to type with, it's difficult and pointless to keep highlighting their post just to read it.

And if somebody uses the enigma default (me) it's difficult to read the white text *coughRiikoCough.*
I'd love to check where my old friends are. My discord is always open. Let's catch up! 

Discord - Vyloria#9279

Arpax

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 05:14:29 AM »

Yea thats true, it was really just a quick suggestion for all the lazy people, who dont feel like pressing an extra button to set a text colour.Well then again i didnt really think it would get considerd,being pointless and all.

Fiyona

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 05:20:09 AM »

I don't think any idea is pointless.. it's good to know what people are thinking and what they want, don't you think? You never know what can happen as an expansion from someone's idea..

Lebis

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 05:36:27 AM »

You never know what can happen as an expansion from someone's idea..

And you also never know what can happen as a fall from someone's idea either. Did you think of that?

It's alright to be pessimistic at times.

Discord - Vyloria#9279

Fiyona

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2007, 05:41:31 AM »

And you also never know what can happen as a fall from someone's idea either. Did you think of that?

O_o;;;;

I.. think I prefer to stay in my happy disillusioned world of positive thinking, thanks. >_<;;

Arpax

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2007, 06:39:12 AM »

Generally, I support being pessimistic because it relates to being pragmatic. Most times the negative way of looking at your opinion is the best way; being able to change you mistakes for the better. Then again being positive about your ideas can bring new meaningful ideas and a progressive way of thinking. They are both good concepts that a person should live between, so idea progression can occur.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 06:41:34 AM by Arpax »

SharinganNaruto

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2007, 06:45:57 AM »

I never change the color of my writing on the forums anyways. So I don't see why it's needed..
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 06:46:44 AM by SharinganNaruto »

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2007, 06:49:09 AM »

O_o;;;;

I.. think I prefer to stay in my happy disillusioned world of positive thinking, thanks. >_<;;

That's like telling Lebis to accept & hug the sun *lol*

Lebis

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2007, 07:03:23 AM »

Geez, you still remember that Gyu? Hehe.. Excellent.

O_o;;;;

So are you referring me to be 'emo' or an illusionist because I have severe pessimism? Not everybody can cure those problems. I am one of them.

Discord - Vyloria#9279

Arpax

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2007, 05:19:18 PM »

Geez, you still remember that Gyu? Hehe.. Excellent.

O_o;;;;

So are you referring me to be 'emo' or an illusionist because I have severe pessimism? Not everybody can cure those problems. I am one of them.
I really have no idea if i should call you "emo" or an illusionist,however you distinct support of pessimism is eldritch.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 20 queries.