Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hacker?  (Read 2758 times)

Shinigami99

• Hahahahaha!
    • View Profile
    • Wounds of The Heart
Re: Hacker?
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2007, 01:43:54 PM »

I see daves' point, though. If the exploit can harm other LOTGD games, then it must be kept secret...
So there is still a reason to keep it secretive.
Sure, shinobilegends will be safe but what about others?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 01:45:29 PM by Shinigami99 »

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2007, 02:41:37 PM »

Actually, I'd really prefer if nobody except the core coders know about this because it's something that almost all LotGD sites are vulnerable to.  If Neji is going to let others know, I think it'd be best in private message.

(Yes, I'm the one that discovered the exploit.  My apologies if it was disruptive.)

DaveS

Wow. The guy who used the exploit telling the admin what to do.

He said he'd fix it, so after he does, then there's no need to keep it secretive.

Even if Neji fixed it, there are still other LoTGD servers out there that has that problem. That's why only fellow admins should know about it.

daves

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2007, 04:24:37 PM »

Okay... I think I need to clarify something here so that you don't perceive my actions as being disrespectful to Neji.

This exploit is part of the core program that is being used for running Shinobi Legends.  The underlying program, Legend of the Green Dragon, has well over 100 unique servers that utilize this code.

The fix to the problem will require administrators at each of those unique servers to upgrade to the new fix; something that is not likely to happen quickly. Therefore I believe the abuse should not become public knowledge.  It is an honor to recognize that Neji is one of the most proficient programmers that works with this core and that his ability to fix this will be more elogant than the fix I could come up with.  Albeit, I could easily disable the problem on my own server but that's not the solution that is advocated here.  I am not trying to be disrespectful in my responses; I'm rather trying to reiterate that the nature of the problem is broader than just localized to this server.

kboogi

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2007, 05:02:59 PM »

To Dave S.:

Please forgive some of the people responses, they are just being nosey. We are grateful that you were able to fix something that someone else could have used in a selfish matter.

To everyone else:
You now have the answer about the hazard account, so just drop it. Just be happy to know security measures and updates are always going on to ensure the stability of the server!
 :D
Pope'en ain't easy...

Respect the moderators!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTLwiccIOxI
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 17 queries.