Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Author Topic: Inventory  (Read 2152 times)

Lebis

• Ya'll ever see a Vyloria around? Probs me.
    • View Profile
Inventory
« on: March 22, 2007, 08:55:37 PM »

You know how the Rune/Ancient/Statue items don't do anything but sell, right? Well.. I think there should be another use. Like making them into items you can combine with weapons, equipping so they can have different effects.

But to avoid the abuse of the function, make it a priced event in the forest as rare as the peddler and merchant. Speaking of the merchant... We can have him be the one willing to combine the items to your equipment. It's not Naruto or Shinobi based, but neither are the rune/ancient items to begin with.

Combinable Items:
All Ancient items.
All Rune items.
Burning Tokens.

The abilities of the combined ancient items~ Variable

This could also satisfy the people that wanted weapons and armour to have special elemental effects.

~Ancient items; randomize the effects. Fire, ice, lightning, earth, wind, water. They'd be randomized.

~Rune items; you could have Xaos, our item master, create more rune things. And make them ice or fire runes and such.

~Burning Tokens; pretty much by the obviousness of it's name, it'd give your weapon fire ability. But again, we could have Xaos make Freezing Tokens, Flashing Tokens (light), etc. etc.

~Statues; So far, I've had Orochimaru, Yondaime, and the Kingly Wolf. Some could be temporary stat boost, mainly in consideration for Gyu and Sin. Orochimaru could temporarily increase your attack by 1. Yondaime could increase your health permanently by 1. And the Kingly Wolf could temporarily increase your defense by 1. I could decide on other statue abilities when I get more statues, if there even is more.

Prices for Attributes; Increases with the level of your weapon/armour. Let's be evil and make it a gem per level. So level 15 would be 15 gems. Gold prices could increase by 150 per level of character or weapon/armour or even both.

All attributes will be temporary for THAT weapon/armour, and they can only be combined twice per DK. So if you buy another one, tough luck.

This way... everybody is happy in a fair kind of sense.
I'd love to check where my old friends are. My discord is always open. Let's catch up! 

Discord - Vyloria#9279

Baluski

• View Profile
Re: Inventory
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 08:58:56 PM »

This would be a good idea for the Advanced Equipment Shop I'm working on, although I don't know if it can be related to weapons.
Everytime a thread is locked, a penguin dies.

Obey the moderator!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTLwiccIOxI

LeafToad

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 09:23:30 PM »

Sounds good. Reminds me a lot of RuneScape though.. *shivers*

Abysss

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 09:48:02 PM »

Sounds good. Reminds me a lot of RuneScape though.. *shivers*

^^

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 11:01:06 PM »

--> Equipment shop.

yet I am not that fond of the idea to "fix anything to a weapon" to have effects.. then some might have 2 add ons and stack etc etc.

I'd like to keep that for later on... as there are still options for me to make *real* personal weapons in a way...
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Lebis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 01:00:32 AM »

All attributes will be temporary for THAT weapon/armour, and they can only be combined twice per DK.

Forgive me. I must've left that out of my original post.

By twice, I meant that you can only combine two weapons or armour.

Example: Ice Rune Bracelet + Weapon Level 7 = Icy <weaponname> Level 7

Say you want fire instead...

Burning Token + Ice <weaponname> Level 7 = Flaming <weaponname> Level 7

That was your two uses to combine things.
I'd love to check where my old friends are. My discord is always open. Let's catch up! 

Discord - Vyloria#9279

RAIKIRI

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 02:19:52 AM »

This could just be an addon to gyu's combine fruit to make drink type of event...

I would like this to happen though, it would be more fun.

Lebis

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2007, 02:56:14 AM »

I'd also like to add that the attirbute's effect will be of little use if buildup is a problem.

It'd also be nice if you gave the enemies strengths and weaknesses. Like Zabuza for example... You have a Water type weapon. It'll detract from your power, as he specializes with water style jutsus, but water conducts electricity. And well... you get is. And Haku.. would be strong against ice. Ice melts with combined with fire, and so on.

Discord - Vyloria#9279

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2007, 08:33:33 AM »

So, you're back at the elemental components idea we already had on feature requests.

As I said, with the current battle system it's very hard.

Also, somebody would need to work out the system, where currently really no time is to do it for a few add ons for *only* 223 enemies in the forest.... -_-

what I fear is that simply all buy  the lvl 15 weapon, add the thing with the strongest attack power at low levels and the only "fun" effect would be a calculatable faster oro killing.

could be prevented with only access at level 10 to combining, but well... as I said, time.

Lebis

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2007, 08:28:09 PM »

Well then non effective and effective side effects don't have to be put in. Simple as that. Could be more for show, excluding the fact it increases attack/defense.

Discord - Vyloria#9279

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2007, 09:19:02 PM »

Go ahead ;) you have all 223 creatures, make them elemental type at best in a CSV table or something I can process =)

Lebis

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2007, 11:24:37 PM »

Do I have to catagorize them? Or could I just them in their formal order and lable them water/fire/wind etc.? Tis should be easier than finding pictures for them though. d:

Discord - Vyloria#9279

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2007, 11:33:04 PM »

:)

you know, this takes some serious coding. not to have it done, but to have it done without doubling the server load.

it will be module that is hit *every single battle round*

means it doubles the load about.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 17 queries.