Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Clan Halls Fighting Zone  (Read 9397 times)

Twitch

Re: Clan Halls Fighting Zone
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2007, 11:27:10 PM »

I am trying to get fighting zones in the clan halls.. :evil:

I understand that it takes Time and work, But if there is a problem and somebody petitions about "Spamming" or another They should state what fighting zone they are in..(where it is)
Which should make it easy to find..If they don't state where it is, then blow it off becuase it is there responsiblity to tell the mods WHERE it is..not just "fighting zones"

Shukaku

• How can my feet smell if they don't have a nose??
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2007, 11:32:09 PM »

I don't think this is really necessary, sorry. Maibe a clan arena, like the pvp arena everyone have been requesting, but there are already a lot of fighting zones.
I'm back to SL !

Twitch

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2007, 11:44:04 PM »

..But in reality, Shinobi do not practice their jutsu's in the open..

Installing a clan fighting zone will make fights against opponents much more realistic, having to fight on their toes....am i right?

LeafToad

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2007, 11:58:57 PM »

Installing a clan fighting zone will make fights against opponents much more realistic, having to fight on their toes....am i right?

Yes they do... You think Naruto learned rasengan in a clan halls? Or that Neji learned that 360 spin in his clan halls? They've always practiced in areas outside. The fighting zone is meant for people who already know skills to battle against people, mainly it isn't for practicing.

protofusion

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2007, 12:01:52 AM »

yes they did it out in the open but it was somwhere away from other people in secracy

Twitch

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2007, 12:08:14 AM »

"Secracy" is the key word...

How are we (People in SL) saposed to know techniques without practicing them?
I just thought having a fighting zone for clan members only would be a good "secret" place to practice..
Or for other clan usage

UchihaHitane

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2007, 01:22:28 AM »

Yes they do... You think Naruto learned rasengan in a clan halls? Or that Neji learned that 360 spin in his clan halls? They've always practiced in areas outside. The fighting zone is meant for people who already know skills to battle against people, mainly it isn't for practicing.

And Hyuuga Hanabi and her father practice their Jyuuken techniques, (barefoot according to my memory) in the open? Where any idiot can watch and learn the secret of byakugan? And all its weaknesses? Neji might have done his in clan halls too, clan techniques, even kekkai genkai, are secret! Sure, a lot of training, is done outside, but not all of it, Hanabi is an example, and im not sure if this counts but in one of the fillers where naruto and co are trying to stop a bomb from blowing up hokage mountain, there are a load of academy students practising their weapon training, and even though they are from unmentioned clans or just normal families, they still practiced indoors.

As for Naruto, he doesnt have a proper clan, even if the 4th was his father, hes dead now so oh well.

I agree with Twitch, if we could work out something, this idea could be really good.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 04:48:15 PM by UchihaHitane »

Shigeo

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2007, 02:24:48 AM »

Yes....I support this idea. For one, if something came up and someone who was in the middle of a fight had to leave, they could go do what they had to and return without worry of the fight posts being buried under spam and other people's fights.

Plus, I have some jutsus I want to try out in a fight...but I don't really want to reveal them before the tournament Xaos mentioned. >.>;

Twitch

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2007, 03:17:27 AM »

The only problem I see with this idea, is the server...

If we add more fighting zones, the Server will get slower (Like Xaos pointed out)

But If we take away some of the normal fighting zones...(not all)

It would help...right?

Xaos

• Site Staff (Moderator)
  • Alpha Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2007, 05:05:38 AM »

I am trying to get fighting zones in the clan halls.. :evil:

I understand that it takes Time and work, But if there is a problem and somebody petitions about "Spamming" or another They should state what fighting zone they are in..(where it is)
Which should make it easy to find..If they don't state where it is, then blow it off becuase it is there responsiblity to tell the mods WHERE it is..not just "fighting zones"

I don't know about the other mods but I come across much more spam and insulting than what's reported to me.

I am not saying take away all of the fighting zones, just a couple..

It seems to me that the mods (xaos) are simply to lazy.
If you don't have enough time to moderate all the fighting zones, then get more mods specifically for those fighting zones..

Unless, I am missing something?

Was I just called lazy...?

And I'm guessing you were directing that at me because of that "(xaos)"...
Why not just say "It seems to me that Xaos is lazy and needs to take more time from his life to moderate because he is simply lazy."? I mean that is what you were basically saying, right?

That was uncalled for and totally disrespectful.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 05:08:56 AM by Xaos »

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2007, 12:54:29 PM »

@Twitch

Mods don't have Byakugan nor Taju Kage Bunshin. You are talking about a hundred more chat logs with the addition of clan hall fighting zones. Taking away a few fighting zones wouldn't make much difference.

Think of the additional manpower that will be needed to monitor all those extra fighting zones. We are not talking about 1 or 2 mods, but an ever increasing amount as more and more clans are made. A server with only around 200 players online at its peak hours doesn't need more mods that it already has.

The ever increasing amount of load that it will put on the server as the number of clans increase makes this a bad feature request.

"It's better to prevent a disaster then to deal with one."

protofusion

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2007, 01:21:34 PM »

mabye if a clan had to have a person at a high rank to buy them for oh say 100 gems?

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2007, 02:08:53 PM »

If you don't want to do it out in the open then fight inside a treehouse or something. The Hyuuga practiced at home did they not?

protofusion

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2007, 02:11:36 PM »

yes and no they practiced in there places near there house but not in it

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2007, 02:31:56 PM »

The point is, there are other ways to practice in private. Dwelling, msn, shinobi mail, clan forum etc.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 02:53:15 PM by Gyu~ru~ru »
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 16 queries.