Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Shinobi Clan Race  (Read 7425 times)

Desertninja

Shinobi Clan Race
« on: May 19, 2007, 09:57:09 PM »

I have a idea that I would like to throw out to see how the public in general would take it. Okay, we have all heard of people wanting clan wars, upcoming country wars, and tournaments. The overall premise of most players is that they have pride in their clan. If you say something negative about someone's clan, you have gotten on the bad side of many players. So I would like to come up with a Clan Race. The Clan Race isn't a tournament or pvp battle, so the strongest individuals are on a even playing field with everyone. Instead the race involves teamwork and consistency from all players.
First, in order to be in the race there are a couple of requirements:
1. Your clan must consist of at least 3 players
2. Your clan must pay the cost of entering the Clan Race. (50,000 gold, 20 gems)

Upon paying your entering fee, your clan will receive a blank map. The goal is to the be the first clan, to get all of the pieces to the map. The map will be very similar to the picture shown when you go into Orochimaru's former hideout, when a square is darkened you have that piece of the map. In order to get these pieces you must do what you always do, go out to the forest and fight, if you get a special event it might include a piece of a map. It might be a piece that your clan already has, so it's useless.  For those that have multiple characters, once your current character gets a map piece, it automatically goes to the clan's map. Therefore no one can switch clans and take all of the map pieces he or she obtained to another clan. Clan loyalty and clan bragging is point of this race. One clan will be able to say that are the best at working together to achieve a goal.
The chances of getting a map piece are that of the curse seal, roughly 10 to 13%. Don't be fooled, you might see a map piece in an alley, if you reach for it you might see someone stronger than a bonemarrow monster ready to fight you and kill you for it.   :twisted:

The winning clan gets unlimited bragging rights, plus for added bragging the winning clan gets the entry fee gold and gems from the losing clans. The winning clan will be able to use the gold and gems, to be the only clan to have a extra clan avatar/banner in view which states that they are the ultimate clan. Although, you aren't able to hold the gold and gems, know that you are using other clans' gold and gems to buy your victory flag/avatar/banner. *The winning avatar, will only be viewable in the section, that is designated for all clan avatars.*

Any ideas or thoughts?

P.S.-Try not to lose, :smt022 we all know certain clans and their leaders will never let you forget that they won the race and will celebrate forever  :smt035

Mithras

• Beatus ille, qui procul negotiis
    • View Profile
Re: Shinobi Clan Race
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 10:26:08 PM »

Note: The collecting thing is allready mentioned by Gyu with the Sakura Love Letter thing so I think itīs unlikely to create another collect event...

Shikki

• That's what she said.
    • View Profile
    • 4Spam!
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 10:26:55 PM »

yeah maybe we should wait till neji decides on whether or not to make an event for sakura's letters

Mithras

• Beatus ille, qui procul negotiis
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 10:30:32 PM »

I hope he does the sakura thing...I personaly like it  :roll:^^

Desertninja

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 11:23:12 PM »

Note: The collecting thing is allready mentioned by Gyu with the Sakura Love Letter thing so I think itīs unlikely to create another collect event...
A few questions with the Sakura Letters:
1. Go back and read what do you win with Sakura Love Letters, its undetermined. Due to all the recent things that have happened it's best to have something everyone agrees upon. So there are no complaints.  (I'm sure you have read plenty of the previous arguments from before)
2. Sakura Love Letters is a individual contest. In contrast this would be a group race, where the entire clan works in as a team to accomplish the goal.
3. To be able to enter the Sakura Love letters, one would have to constantly get healed by Sakura.  At what point does Sakura open up to you ask you to get her letters?  If one person is asked a week before someone else, how fair is it that one person has a extra week to get extra letters? To enter the race, a clan has to pay the fee of gold and gems, the race will start as a specified time in the afternoon or evening so everyone that has paid starts at the same time.
4. Unlike having one person win and brag, ( ie. Four Clover Event) an entire clan gets bragging rights( ie. topics such as who is best clan, who has the best clan avatar, who is strongest clan in shinobi legends, I think we've all seen these topic before. This is an opportunity to find out how good are these clans.)
5. One involves one individual getting as many letters as possible out of 999. The other one involves the entire clan, being able to complete the whole map. Everyone from the founder to the newest academy student can pull their fair share of the load, and be able see how much of the clan puzzle/map they have complete until it is finished.
6. Consider this equal to a clan mission.

Crimson

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 06:31:44 AM »

I love this idea. I fully support it.

Arkatsson

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 12:45:55 PM »

I like this idea.

protofusion

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2007, 05:05:57 PM »

but it's not rally fair the big clans with a million members would have that many more turns than the smaller clans for that many more random events

Desertninja

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2007, 05:46:07 PM »

but it's not rally fair the big clans with a million members would have that many more turns than the smaller clans for that many more random events
Good comment.  :D
There are precautions to eliminate the advantage of a clan that has many members compared to a clan that may only have 3:
1. The event is rare as the curse seal event (consider all of the people in the forum, when we all heard the same quote,"I haven't been able to get the curse seal event, I probably will not reach it till I'm a ?")
2. For those with large clans, it doesn't mean they benefit. They still have to fight for the piece of the map/puzzle.  The person waiting to kill them, will not be a bone marrow monster, it will be a member of a certain organization. Also the enemy will not have a flat, static stat; instead the stats will be contingent upon the shinobi. For example, say that a Hokage finds a piece of the puzzle/map in the alley.  He/She goes to pick it up and must prepare to fight, the enemy will have 3x the hp, 1.5x attack, 1.3x defense.  To make it simple, in order to survive and get the piece of the puzzle, for your clan. You will have to be able to do a couple of things: A.) Look past your own self preservation and possibly get killed for your clan's honor. B.) To survive, you will have to possibly use all of your resources (chakra points, inventory weapons and scrolls, curse seals/SST). However, if a person's clan is truly important to them (like in the anime and manga) this is of little importance and would be quickly sacrificed for their clan's honor and pride.

This would also, solve any questions about anyone wanting to stay at level 15. It would be perfectly fine for anyone to stay at level 15, because the enemy's stats are contingent on your stats.  The stonger you are, the stronger the enemy, the weaker you are....well, good luck you're going to need it.  :twisted:
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 05:53:31 PM by Desertninja »

RAIKIRI

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2007, 09:02:01 PM »

This still doesnt solve gteh problem, percentagers mean nothing, say its 10% as you said.

Wel, every member has 10% chance, obviously, the clan with more members will have a much higher chance of sucess right?

or am i misunderstandeing?

Shikki

• That's what she said.
    • View Profile
    • 4Spam!
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2007, 09:05:59 PM »

yeah the clans with a lot of people will have better chances. if SK was still arounf theyd have it with ease

Samantha

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2007, 12:45:40 AM »

I agree with both sides. Both the attack and defense need to be 1.5 so clans with tons of academy students, genins or alts will not sway the tide. Next, to ensure that clans with tons of members are not at a advantage, the rare event truly needs to be even more rare. More than the the curse seal event, your chances of running into the event should be considered random and very rare.  Will the clan with more members have a better opportunity to get the event of course, but who is it to say that it won't be a academy student from that clan to get the event.
Even with 100 more members than another clan. With the percentage numbers it wouldn't matter if you found the event. The first circumstance is that it must be found, it is a random rare event. The second circumstance, being stronger makes it harder for you to win. The weaker you are makes it is literally impossible to win. Therefore even if you have 1000 academy students the likelyhood of any of them being able to win against someone with 3 times their hitpoints wipes out their opportunity of being a factor.  They can try, but in order to survive one has to have nice combination of hitpoints, attack, and defense along with extras like a full array of chakra points and lets be honest the curse seal and seven star tattoo(which are the real boost to help you overcome the situation).  I know of no academy students or genins with the curse seal or seven star tattoo.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 01:01:30 AM by Shikamaru »

Crimson

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2007, 12:08:11 PM »

Don't forget you have to pay to participate so clans that are weak or inactive shouldn't even participating. It will probably be only be 10 clans or less in this tournament.

Serris

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2007, 02:02:59 PM »

The winning clan gets unlimited bragging rights, plus for added bragging the winning clan gets the entry fee gold and gems from the losing clans.

It's unclear how the prize is shared out. Sure if it's a team effort then the the whole team should get a reward.

Samantha

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2007, 05:09:11 PM »

The winning clan gets unlimited bragging rights, plus for added bragging the winning clan gets the entry fee gold and gems from the losing clans.

It's unclear how the prize is shared out. Sure if it's a team effort then the the whole team should get a reward.
It was discussed, the winning clan will be the only clan to have a extra clan avatar or banner in the clan avatar section. The banner would more or less state that the winning clan is the best clan or whatever they want on the banner. The thing is that the winner is using the other clans payment fees to enter the race, as means to pay for their victory avatar. Therefore the prize is shared with the entire winning clan.  Consider it as taking someone's gold and gems, and then parading around with what you took and rubbing it in their faces without them being able to do anything about it.  :P
All in all, the winning clan gets not only bragging rights but also something that they can point at that is visible a extra clan avatar(which I'm sure will state, how great they are), that's being paid for by the competing clans.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 19 queries.