Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Author Topic: Fortune Telling event  (Read 2674 times)

KoinuInuzuka

Fortune Telling event
« on: June 26, 2007, 01:02:52 AM »

Well I thought I see if it is possible to make a fortune telling event. I would say that it would be a random event in the forest.Umm here is my idea. >.>

When traveling thru the forest you come across a light mist and run into a priestess sitting on the side of the road shuffling her tarot cards. She would ask if you would like your fortune told or you can choose just to leave.

If you get your Fortune told you can have her read your fortune. What she would do is make 3 piles of the cards and you have to choose one of the three piles to see what the cards have in store for you.

I know there are many cards that can be used for this event and I'll have to get more information about what cards can be choosen but i know there is the Death card which I could just have you die instantly. ^^; But there are good cards and cards that are show misfortune. Give me a day to go through all the card that would make this a good event because I know I gave out reading thru Konoha and people enjoyed them. But yeah give me sometime and I'll come up with more to this plan.

Cards that we can use here going to be listed here but there are alot so if anyone has any ideads they can post them up and we can all work together on this ^^; But here is a list of the main cards in a Tarot deck that could be used.

The Fool-Kill others with kindness
The Magician-Test yourself and your limits
The Priestess- Act more on feelings than facts
The Empress- Great news in love
The Emperor- Logic and reason is to success
The Hierophant- Public image and status are important
The Lovers- Take time with those close to you
The Chariot- Victories are on the horizon
Justice- Seek legal counsel from your elders
THe Hermit- Break an unnecessary habit
Wheel of Fortune- Try something new
Strength- Try to be a peacemaker
Hanged man- Rise above material concerns
Death- entering a growing phase
Temperance- compromise bring happiness
Devil- Beware your dark side
Tower- Don't be upset if things go wrong
Star- You have a chance to start over
Moon-Don't be a coward
Sun- Say what you feel
Judgment- A job well done will get rewards
World- Don't give up anything for anyone

« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 04:59:17 AM by KoinuInuzuka »

Shikki

• That's what she said.
    • View Profile
    • 4Spam!
Re: Fortune Telling event
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 01:08:29 AM »

i like it....
but wouldnt that kinda make it easier?
youll know whats going to happen and etc...

Dante

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 01:10:17 AM »

its not a bad idea =)

oh i dont want sound kinda gipsy but the death card its not bad, means a good begining a renew its a good fortune card.

the devil means something bad will happens...

just look for tarot rules or tarot the meaning of the cards

KoinuInuzuka

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 03:54:23 AM »

Yeah I have a book on what the cards mean and such. I think also if the card is upside down it has a different meaning too ^^ 

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 01:29:08 PM »

Including an image of the card that you got might make the event more appealing to players.

KoinuInuzuka

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 05:56:40 PM »

Yeah well I don't know if the cards should give off to a certain event such as boost your attack or something like that. Unless maybe they give you a buff for a certain number of turns that would be the best way to go about it I think. >.>;

KoinuInuzuka

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 09:26:36 PM »

Okies maybe instead of making this an event maybe making it a something like the apple bobbing or something like that. Maybe in Mist country or pretty yet Wind cause wind doesn't have much to do there >.>; or like Heidi? I don't I'm just throwing out ideas please help by commenting

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 09:39:31 PM »

If you get your Fortune told you can have her read your fortune. What she would do is make 3 piles of the cards and you have to choose one of the three piles to see what the cards have in store for you.

Cards that we can use here going to be listed here but there are alot so if anyone has any ideads they can post them up and we can all work together on this ^^; But here is a list of the main cards in a Tarot deck that could be used.

The Fool-Kill others with kindness
The Magician-Test yourself and your limits
The Priestess- Act more on feelings than facts
The Empress- Great news in love
The Emperor- Logic and reason is to success
The Hierophant- Public image and status are important
The Lovers- Take time with those close to you
The Chariot- Victories are on the horizon
Justice- Seek legal counsel from your elders
THe Hermit- Break an unnecessary habit
Wheel of Fortune- Try something new
Strength- Try to be a peacemaker
Hanged man- Rise above material concerns
Death- entering a growing phase
Temperance- compromise bring happiness
Devil- Beware your dark side
Tower- Don't be upset if things go wrong
Star- You have a chance to start over
Moon-Don't be a coward
Sun- Say what you feel
Judgment- A job well done will get rewards
World- Don't give up anything for anyone

What will each card do?

When you say, "She would do is make 3 piles of the cards and you have to choose one of the three piles to see what the cards have in store for you," I don't get it. I mean if you pick one of the piles, which has a few cards in it, what will be the outcome?
Out of the pile you picked how would the outcome be known, what will be done. Will she then pick a card from the pile you chose, or will the whole pile stand for something? Do you understand my question? How will you have a pile of cards, MORE THAN ONE, decide the outcome?

EXAMPLE: This is just a quick example.... I will chose pile 1. Now when I chose pile one, each card in that pile will stand for something, correct? How will I know what will be my fate?

Pile 1- die, reward, die, lose exp, etc...

Pile 2-

Pile 3
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 09:50:19 PM by ace »

KoinuInuzuka

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2007, 09:20:34 PM »

I say it be almost like the Easter Bunny event. you have the three piles to choose from and you have different chances on what too pick.

. It a really fortune telling the teller usually has 3 piles. One meaning past one meaning present the other in the future. Well maybe then if you get to pick up all three you have a chance of getting good and bad cards. Maybe if we could try this situation.

You have the cards out in  the piles and then you flips the three cards to show what will happen.

Pile 1: Fool
Pile 2: Star
Pile 3: Devil

The fool and the star card are two good cards which would mean you should probably get an extra buff for getting a good reading.

But let's say if you get something like this

Pile 1: Devil
Pile 2: Hermit
Pile 3: Empress

Two bad cards the Devil and Hermit gives you a bad reading and means bad things are to come about. So you would get a buff that will make it difficult for you later.

But Also I'm thinking if you get three good cards the buff lasts for more turns. Same would go for three bad cards.

I hope everyone is getting where I am coming at >.<

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2007, 04:26:58 AM »

If you have time, would you be able to post what each card does?

Hotaru

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2007, 01:15:26 AM »

This is really interesting. I'd like to hear a bit more. ^_^

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 16 queries.