Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Poll

What should moderators do that they don't do? Think VERY long and VERY hard before you rush to your conclusion.

Loosen up a little bit.
- 2 (11.1%)
They actually need to be more harsh.
- 6 (33.3%)
They need more kindness.
- 1 (5.6%)
Ban people for the deeper reasons, rather than warn them for the little.
- 1 (5.6%)
They're fine the way they are.
- 8 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Moderator wrongs and rights.  (Read 2183 times)

Lebis

• Ya'll ever see a Vyloria around? Probs me.
    • View Profile
Moderator wrongs and rights.
« on: July 04, 2007, 07:46:23 PM »

Personally, my answer is none of those.

I think moderators need to dust up on realizing that when people create a character, they agree to every rule and are expected not to break them. Yet we get ridiculed for punishing those that do in fact, break the rules.

When somebody breaks a rule, it's like lying to the people of Shinobi Legends, betraying their trust, lying to the entire staff, including the head administrator. Therefore, why let a liar run rampant? People make mistakes, yes. But if you break a rule here, then it is a mistake that you have registered since you cannot uphold the vow you make once you click that button. Any liar should be punished. Anybody that breaks a rule should be punished. Nobody likes liars.

So we get insulted and looked at as shameful pricks that abuse their power... If that was the case, then why do WE have the power and YOU don't? Apparently, those that say such things think they are better than we are and are more capable to balance the system.

It's wrong for a moderator to have a soft heart and warn a person for profanity. It's right for a moderator to have a heart of stone, and punish a person for not only profanity, but lying to our faces.

Now let's get started on rank discrimination.. We've all seen it. We've all heard it. How about we all do something about it? Racism is prohibited on SL, yet it happens everyday when you get a Jounin putting a Student down. It's an unknown type of racism, as most people don't think it is. Yet, do you really understand my perspective? Some people may say it's a joke, others might be weary on the topic. Some may be completely against it. A white person insults a black person. Oh, it must be racism. A Hunter Nin insults a Chuunin. Oh, it must be a joke.

African Americans were previously enslaved, and the lowest on the hierarchy. Whites were always gods in the past

Students are the lowest on the hierarchy. Hokages are always gods in the future to them.

Racism is banned from this site. Rank, just two characters away from race, discrimination should also be banned.

People need to open their eyes that when they receive a mute or a banned for three days for roleplaying sex or swearing enough to make a drunken sailor blush, that it's not much of a punishment at all, more like a gesture of kindness and warning to the person.

So little do people know.. what moderators should really be. What moderators really aren't.
I'd love to check where my old friends are. My discord is always open. Let's catch up! 

Discord - Vyloria#9279

Shikki

• That's what she said.
    • View Profile
    • 4Spam!
Re: Moderator wrongs and rights.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 08:15:04 PM »

eh i agree but also disagree .-.;;

they need to be harsher but they also gotta be a little more understanding at the same time

opop

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 08:35:18 PM »

There fine mostly.

Some just use there powers recklessly though in the gardens if someone annoys them. (Not me  :cool:)

Lebis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 08:41:46 PM »

they also gotta be a little more understanding at the same time

Quite the contrary, actually. People think that being a moderator is all fun and games, and that they get to better their characters because of that moderator status.
I'd love to check where my old friends are. My discord is always open. Let's catch up! 

Discord - Vyloria#9279

Shikki

• That's what she said.
    • View Profile
    • 4Spam!
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 08:46:14 PM »

Quite the contrary, actually. People think that being a moderator is all fun and games, and that they get to better their characters because of that moderator status.

ive been a mod on a different game i know how it is
it can be hell at times

but you also have to lighten up occasionally like if its a new player that just started who broke the rules, they havent been around long enough to know what that rule applies to, so give them a warning, let them know what not to do and then if they do it again then take action. if its an older player that brekas the same rule you can skip the warning since they've already known what they were supposed to do and what is wrong.

Lebis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 08:57:02 PM »

ive been a mod on a different game i know how it is
it can be hell at times

However, you're not a moderator *here*. We're not just an ordinary browser game. We're a lot more..

Discord - Vyloria#9279

Abysss

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2007, 09:01:58 PM »

I see no problem, I think you guys are doing fine. I guess your very unhappy if your making a topic about it though :(

Jakuya

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2007, 09:35:36 PM »

i know a mod i want to do this with :smt075

sounga

• View Profile
    • Sky king
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2007, 11:26:24 PM »

i agree with lebis sure we all joke around and be stupid and goof around alot mods do some time as well but there is really no diffrence between SL and real world besides ah wel the naruto stuff it's something like being the OLDER sibling teaching the younger one what to do and how do it making mistakes fine breaking rules bad break rules in SL=get off easier then real life jsut get mute/banned real life=jail/death ect....

Abysss

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2007, 11:35:33 PM »

i agree with lebis sure we all joke around and be stupid and goof around alot mods do some time as well but there is really no diffrence between SL and real world besides ah wel the naruto stuff it's something like being the OLDER sibling teaching the younger one what to do and how do it making mistakes fine breaking rules bad break rules in SL=get off easier then real life jsut get mute/banned real life=jail/death ect....

You think a game is equivalent to real life :?:

Lebis

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2007, 12:47:32 AM »

And you think reality isn't a game...?

Discord - Vyloria#9279

Shukaku

• How can my feet smell if they don't have a nose??
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2007, 12:48:21 AM »

No it isn't....
I'm back to SL !

Abysss

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2007, 01:11:37 AM »

No it isn't....

Yeah, it really isn't......

BlazeShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2007, 02:18:06 AM »

Im my personal opinion Mods should be nothing more, nor nothing less than themself, use there own judgement to aid the site and prevent idiots from trying to destroy the RP expereince of the site, sure the only mod i've actually talked to is KB but really those who complain about the mods need to step back and look at who choose them, and if they want to complain about how the mods or neji run SL then they should leave, I have never heard of Mods abuse there power, or rather my opinion of abuse of power, but in my personal opinion the mods should, if neji decided, be allow some fringe benifits above those who don't take on the role of mod

my, as americans say, 2 cents in this topic
The Second Holder of the Enhanced Seven Star Tattoo, second only to KB

sounga

• View Profile
    • Sky king
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2007, 03:28:04 AM »

why not game reality we both die them have life that decreases down nothing making fun of people it happens everywhere online offline it matter?
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 19 queries.