Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Author Topic: Player Kills-Read  (Read 2487 times)

geyser

Player Kills-Read
« on: August 30, 2007, 11:02:27 PM »

I've looked up player kills in the forum's searches and found nothing that's similar to what I'm proposing. I don't think the pk system we have now is very fair. We are limited to a 1 or 2 level range from ours, and still that person must be similar in dks, otherwise it makes pk's a challenge to obtain.

What I suggest we do, is do the pk system by toughness. In the HoF, there is a toughness area that tells you how you compare with other players. I think that the pk system should leave you available to any forest sleepers that are within 100 points higher than your score, and 25 lower. In scenario terms:

A level 12 chuunin may be sleeping in the fields one night, and I, after a dk, being level 1, would have the option to fight him. The match would be fair overall, atk points relatively the same, as well as defense, and the amount of pks that a person could obtain increases severely. Also, I'm pretty sure that more pks will occur at higher levels, rather than having a pk frenzy at Jounin and lower.

It's not a bad idea, fighting would be rather equal, and it would interest others into wanting to use their pks for actually pking, rather than taking a trip to Heidi's.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 11:04:02 PM by geyser »

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
Re: Player Kills-Read
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 11:21:37 PM »

I've looked up player kills in the forum's searches and found nothing that's similar to what I'm proposing. I don't think the pk system we have now is very fair. We are limited to a 1 or 2 level range from ours, and still that person must be similar in dks, otherwise it makes pk's a challenge to obtain.

What I suggest we do, is do the pk system by toughness. In the HoF, there is a toughness area that tells you how you compare with other players. I think that the pk system should leave you available to any forest sleepers that are within 100 points higher than your score, and 25 lower. In scenario terms:

A level 12 chuunin may be sleeping in the fields one night, and I, after a dk, being level 1, would have the option to fight him. The match would be fair overall, atk points relatively the same, as well as defense, and the amount of pks that a person could obtain increases severely. Also, I'm pretty sure that more pks will occur at higher levels, rather than having a pk frenzy at Jounin and lower.

It's not a bad idea, fighting would be rather equal, and it would interest others into wanting to use their pks for actually pking, rather than taking a trip to Heidi's.

To answer a couple of things,
1 - Their been a poll a few months ago regarding PvP, actually two of them were polls.
The PvP range is 10% within your Dragon Kills.
There was one about using Stats in PvP which the majority was (Yes)
2 - LV 1 against a LV 12 is what your implying?
Well look at it this way the Stronger players can use this to their advantage and kill higher LV players without much effort, unless I am missing something here?
3 - The toughness section in the HoF is based on the player with the most HP within the game.

Baluski

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 11:24:01 PM »

With my HP, I'd only be able to attack players with a 100 or more DK's then my own, not really fair when you think of the attack and defense difference.
Everytime a thread is locked, a penguin dies.

Obey the moderator!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTLwiccIOxI

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 11:27:58 PM »

If basing a PK system on the Toughness in the HoF then most of the players below the Top 10 are screwed in my opinion.  :-?

geyser

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 11:32:15 PM »

Well if there's a strength section of the HoF, it should be based on that. I think if you're in the top 100, it'd be different, and you'd just receive battles against the top 100 players in strength (or defense). It'd allow more pvp options for higher players who are looking for member with close to exactly their dks (very hard for me)

kboogi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 02:02:32 AM »

*scratches his head*

I believe the percentage was 15% of your dk's...

@geyser
I understand what you are trying to say, but there are just way too many factors, especially when there are so many ways to buff stats before pvp. I just can't wait for more people to get to around 500 dk's... :twisted:
Pope'en ain't easy...

Respect the moderators!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTLwiccIOxI

doomstar

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 02:06:01 AM »

*scratches his head*

I believe the percentage was 15% of your dk's...

@geyser
I understand what you are trying to say, but there are just way too many factors, especially when there are so many ways to buff stats before pvp. I just can't wait for more people to get to around 500 dk's... :twisted:
don't you have like... 4 people there?
abyss is gonna get there soon :D

geyser

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 02:42:05 AM »

alright, alright...I understand what your saying kboogi, but what if the pvp level range stays the same, but the dk percentage is higher than 15 or whatever. Like, say 25 or 30? It would give higher level players still more opponents to face, and still interact with younger.

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2007, 12:57:18 PM »

The percentage was decided though voting. A majority of the players pick that percentage. Do not debate about it.

SharinganNaruto

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2007, 12:48:47 PM »

Can we have a re-vote? Seeing as how people have grown. *gotten stronger* Some of their opinions might've changed. They might want to take more risks, and go for a higher percentage or something... Eh I don't know. Just a thought.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.