Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Books  (Read 10749 times)

ryushi

Books
« on: September 05, 2007, 03:10:48 AM »

Anyone recomend any really good books with plots that revolve around a plot somewhat like Final fantasy tactics? Or a really good action fantasy book, I need a book to read for school and I've already depleted all my favorite series.

Kotomi

• *Is currently wanting the Haibane Renmei dvds* .~.
    • View Profile
    • MySpace.... ~.~
Re: Books
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 03:22:20 AM »

Well, I would recommend something by Eoin Colfer (the Artemis Fowl series or The Supernaturalist.)
Though the Artemis Fowl series is like a science fiction fairy tale, and The Supernaturalist is also science fiction-y.

Quote from: Zapp Brannigan
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards...Checkmate."

Nami

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 04:55:48 AM »

A really good series that i've read is the twilight series. It's pretty popular, i'd be surprised if you hadn't heard of it.

There's also this book called How Opal Mehta got Kissed, got Wild, and Got a Life xD
It's actually not in stores, its out of print, but it's actually a really good book. You'll probably have to look online for it.
I'm related to the girl that wrote it. >>;

Maria

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 05:57:54 AM »

A really good series that i've read is the twilight series. It's pretty popular, i'd be surprised if you hadn't heard of it.

There's also this book called How Opal Mehta got Kissed, got Wild, and Got a Life xD
It's actually not in stores, its out of print, but it's actually a really good book. You'll probably have to look online for it.
I'm related to the girl that wrote it. >>;

Cool

And I've heard of the Twilight series but I decided to buy the Fruits Basket books instead

Baluski

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 05:42:22 PM »

Hoo boy, where to start. First and foremost, you have A Song of Fire and Ice series by George R.R. Martin, probably one of my favorite fantasy series' thus far, although the wait for the next book is killing me. =(
Then of course, there's The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan, another incredible series that has me waiting and waiting for the last book.
The Shannara series by Terry Brooks is a great one, pretty short trilogys that you could easily breeze through.
Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman are the ones that got me into fantasy novels with the Dragonlance trilogys, also short and you could read in a few days or hours depending on how much and fast you read.
Right now I'm diving into The Runelords by David Farland, so far it's pretty exciting, about to get into a huge war. His take on magic is pretty interesting, take qualitys from one person and endow another pretty much ruining the givers life.
I'm sure there's some others I'm forgetting, but those are the main ones of importance, if you haven't read them, go to a book store and stock up. Now.
Everytime a thread is locked, a penguin dies.

Obey the moderator!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTLwiccIOxI

ryushi

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 10:28:30 PM »

Well, I would recommend something by Eoin Colfer (the Artemis Fowl series or The Supernaturalist.)
Though the Artemis Fowl series is like a science fiction fairy tale, and The Supernaturalist is also science fiction-y.

I still need to read the lost colony and I'll be done with artemis fowl.

Hoo boy, where to start. First and foremost, you have A Song of Fire and Ice series by George R.R. Martin, probably one of my favorite fantasy series' thus far, although the wait for the next book is killing me. =(
Then of course, there's The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan, another incredible series that has me waiting and waiting for the last book.
The Shannara series by Terry Brooks is a great one, pretty short trilogys that you could easily breeze through.
Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman are the ones that got me into fantasy novels with the Dragonlance trilogys, also short and you could read in a few days or hours depending on how much and fast you read.
Right now I'm diving into The Runelords by David Farland, so far it's pretty exciting, about to get into a huge war. His take on magic is pretty interesting, take qualitys from one person and endow another pretty much ruining the givers life.
I'm sure there's some others I'm forgetting, but those are the main ones of importance, if you haven't read them, go to a book store and stock up. Now.

Wheel of time sounds interesting, I'll check it out next time I'm at the library.

Abysss

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 10:47:13 PM »

Artemis Fowl was an awesome series :D
I also enjoyed Harry Potter series, and the Lost Years of Merlin series by T.A. Barron

klaymank

• RUN PAC MAN RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 11:04:25 PM »

Harry Potter..............................................................................The Kyle XY Novel ^_^'
I'm like the Doctor. I'm always bouncing around time and space.

Abysss

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2007, 11:22:55 PM »

Harry Potter..............................................................................The Kyle XY Novel ^_^'
Kyle XY?! Whats so great about it? :/
omg he  doesn't have a belly button, thats sooooooooooooooooooooooo interesting  :roll:

klaymank

• RUN PAC MAN RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2007, 11:51:15 PM »

There's a lot of things you don't know cause you don't watch it cause you don't care ^_^
I'm like the Doctor. I'm always bouncing around time and space.

sounga

• View Profile
    • Sky king
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007, 12:07:42 AM »

eh my freidn read some good books from i think his name was harry turtledove i read some their really good >___> history combined with fiction

ryushi

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2007, 02:00:41 AM »

I hate kyle xy
Never seen it actually

Read all the Harry Potter books, favorite series
My second fave book series is The edge chronicles
Love History

anbumiko

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2007, 07:10:28 PM »

I hate kyle xy
Never seen it actually

Love History

the Childrens of Hurin
Beowulf XD

ryushi

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2007, 02:10:24 AM »

I hate kyle xy
Never seen it actually

Love History

the Childrens of Hurin
Beowulf XD

Never heard of the first
already read Beowulf

sushigewd2.0

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2007, 02:58:44 AM »

The Traveler by John Twelve Hawks is pretty awesome, its not really fantasy, but theres a lot of killing and such
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 19 queries.