Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: 8 gates (i know its been talked about but those ones are locked)  (Read 6228 times)

Mihazi

• I have this cough, ya know.
    • View Profile
    • How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Re: 8 gates (i know its been talked about but those ones are locked)
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2007, 06:16:40 PM »

Neji can.

But also, years of training, right, BUT ... I see Sharingan boobies with Hachimon Tonkou, and then ... well... how can you train your Sharingan AND your ability for the gates? Due to strategic reasons, and sanity ones, it can't work together...

Also, the price is higher than just to *work* for it =)

TenTen's stuff, i.e., can be done with work, no big deal. But for Lee, it is much much more work involved. No time for anything else, not even jutsus...

and don't get me wrong about kekkei genkai... it's not "push button" -> "ok, open up all gates now...."
you HAVE to train for them still ;)

Ehum.. sorry but... Sharingan Boobies? O_O;;;;;,;;;;;;;;

I will get byakugan.

To see through *coughwomen'scough* colthing. <<;

Uchihabeast

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2007, 07:13:53 PM »

Neji can.

But also, years of training, right, BUT ... I see Sharingan boobies with Hachimon Tonkou, and then ... well... how can you train your Sharingan AND your ability for the gates? Due to strategic reasons, and sanity ones, it can't work together...

TenTen's stuff, i.e., can be done with work, no big deal. But for Lee, it is much much more work involved. No time for anything else, not even jutsus...

and don't get me wrong about kekkei genkai... it's not "push button" -> "ok, open up all gates now...."

I will get byakugan.

&lt;_&lt; Ima.. Keep away from you. >>

orochimarusnextbody

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2007, 09:14:55 PM »

please dont get off topic

now see rock lee was taught the gates after he became a ninja so it couldnt have been YEARS 2 at most. and about the genius orochimaru/shikimaru are geniuses but no kekkai genkai and what genius is rock lee genius of HARD WORK meaning he works hard alot!... see i think it should be liek rasengan or something you ahve to work for it and not consider it a kekkai genkai

and Mihazi made some good points it isnt something your born with. everything he said brings up valid points. neji i agree with alot of the stuff oyu do but treating the gates as a kekkai genkai is just wrong
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 09:21:24 PM by orochimarusnextbody »

Samantha

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2007, 10:24:29 PM »

This is an interesting topic.....Well, I guess the best way to put it is that people in general understand that technically according to the anime and manga the Opening of the 8 Gates isn’t a Kekkei Genkai.  However, in this game it will be classified as a Kekkei Genkai:
1)   It is obvious that it takes hard work to accomplish the task of opening the 8 gates.  Learning it at any specified level isn’t possible.  For example, Sasuke’s body had a hard enough time copying Lee’s taijutsu, and that was with the help of his sharingan.
2)   The reason for having it as a kekkei genkai is because Rock Lee truly began learning how to do the technique at a young age.  He was still an academy student (and considered an academy student with no skills, henceforth the label dropout) when Guy/Gai met him.  Lee wasn’t his student or on Guy’s team during that time.  However they both had a connection and it is obvious that he trained with Guy from that point forward.  It’s no surprise that he was placed in Guy’s Team.  The training he did with Guy during his academy days, were the foundation of his learning how to open the eight gates.  Neji and Tenten’s bodies could not handle the rigorous training that Guy put them through, but because Lee had worked with Guy as an academy student before officially being on Team Guy he was not only handling Guy’s initial training with Neji and Tenten but also was learning more techniques (The Lotus and the Opening of 8 Gates) while his teammates where going home from a hard day of training. 
3)   Because his true foundation of learning this technique was during his academy years, it’s only feasible to classify it to where a person has to obtain the foundations of the technique as an academy student.  The only way we start over in the game is through kekkei genkai. 
4)   With this technique being a kekkei genkai, in the truest sense we are stripping away everything (Genjutsu and Ninjutsu) and concentrating on only Taijutsu like Lee and Guy. 

Did Guy teach Lee the Opening of the 8th Gates?  Of course, no one can question that; however it wasn't something that could just be learned by Rock Lee at any point of time.  Because of his earlier training with Guy, as an academy student and up, Guy knew that for the most part Lee's body could take the rigorous effects of the technique. 

"You can't teach an old dog new tricks."  Kids are able to learn new languages and techniques at a young age much easier than an adult.  Because adults are content in doing things their own way and don't desire change."

Mihamaru

• Pssh! Ikki and Sora don't have **** on me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2007, 10:39:18 PM »

Neji can.

I will get byakugan.

*will do they pervy wheelchair man thing*

(S): >.>; Duuuuuude.. do you have Yuri?

(K) -_____________-; Ask Miha.. hes da Master! xD

Mihazi

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2007, 11:41:59 PM »

Neji can.

I will get byakugan.

*coughs*
I will be able to see you within a 800 meter radius. You won't even know I'm checking you out.
Better get some kind of restraining order. <<

How to open the gates is not known...is it?
What does Lee and Gai have? Lots of stamina...maybe that is the key?
I think if you train hard enough, you can learn it.
You don't have to be young, but the eight gates could be easier to learn at a young age.
Speculation.

I think there needs to be a broader catergory than just "Kekkei Genkai". I think that's where the confusion is.
Things that are at the same level as kekkei genaki are treated like kekkei genkai.
Just technicalities.

Eureka7

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2007, 11:57:21 PM »

I agree with Shikamaru.  We don't know when Guy learned the technique, but we do know that Lee trained with Guy at a young age (academy student).  If it was just purely training hard then Shikamaru or Neji would be able to do it, since they are both geniuses and are able to figure out things quickly.  The real key is that his body is able to take the stress, in order to get your body to take that kind of punishment you need to start back at square one (academy student).  It should be a kekkei genkai.

Mihazi

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2007, 12:52:36 AM »

I agree with Shikamaru.  We don't know when Guy learned the technique, but we do know that Lee trained with Guy at a young age (academy student).  If it was just purely training hard then Shikamaru or Neji would be able to do it, since they are both geniuses and are able to figure out things quickly.  The real key is that his body is able to take the stress, in order to get your body to take that kind of punishment you need to start back at square one (academy student).  It should be a kekkei genkai.
Maybe some forget that Kakashi can open at least the first gate.
We don't know when Kakashi learned that either.

I think the reason why Lee and Gai are the main ones straightforwardly using the inner gates is because it helps taijutsu users.
It makes Lee and Gai more special as well because they are the main ones seen using it.

I don't think you 'need' to start at acad to get into shape. I don't know how to play piano, but I could try now.
Maybe it would've of been better to start earlier like Lee did with the eight gates.

Kakashi was surprised that Lee could open the gates. Lee is young, I don't think it is expected for young people to learn how to open the gates.
Maybe that is why Kakashi called Lee a genius?

Samantha

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2007, 01:17:30 AM »

I understand your point with the piano Mihazi, but if you learned how to play the piano now compared to a person who has been playing it as a child.  There would be a difference, even if the newer person strikes all the right keys, the texture of the music would be different because one person is learning on the fly while the other is a prodigy or should I say a natural because of their work as a child.
If a person is to learn it as Kage they would only be able to learn only so many gates.  As an academy student you have the time and youth to eventually learn all of it and perhaps add something to the technique in the future. 
Techniques are meant to be passed down to the younger generation so that they can protect the village.   

czarguy

• Zabuza is the man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2007, 02:38:16 AM »

Well it takes 1 gate to use Secondary Lotus and kakashi uses that once in shippuden.
Czarguy
Race:Wind
Mount:Shadow Lion the Pakkun
Seal:Curse Seal

Uchihabeast

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2007, 06:20:23 AM »

Neji can.

I will get byakugan.

O_O;:

doomstar

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2007, 07:12:32 AM »

Neji can.

I will get byakugan.

O_O;:
pervy wheelchair guy was cool... and so was the bath scene

... and sharingan boobies are red with a black... I guss? >.>

Uchihabeast

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2007, 08:46:13 AM »

Neji can.

I will get byakugan.

O_O;:
pervy wheelchair guy was cool... and so was the bath scene

... and sharingan boobies are red with a black... I guss? >.>
&lt;_&lt;:;

orochimarusnextbody

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2007, 08:47:48 PM »

OK PEOPLE STOP GETTING OFF TOPIC!!!!! IDE LIKE THIS TO STAY OPEN SO WE CAN TALK ABOUT IT GEEZE

no actually lee didnt meet guy at the academy days, they showed guy watch lee train. guy started trainign after lee got his headband so as i said it had only been 2 years. although lee has been physicly training himself he couldnt have started training for the gates until he was a genin. and another reason lee can do it is because of his iron will and shinobi way. so i dont see it as a kekkai genkai. i really dont. i dont see why (besides the fact that its powerful)  neji would make it a kekkai genkai. if were gonna make it buy the show it should be some event like this:

you run into guy and he asks if you believe in the spring time of youth?

yes or no

no = he walks away mummbling something about  sassyness

yes = he asks if you wanna learn a secret technique

yes or no

(and maybe only for taijutsu users)-putting a jutsu type on it (kinda like alignments lol)

neji after that could chose what will happen since hes the genius here. ive stated my points ive said why i think it shoudl be a thing you can learn and not a kekkai genkai. but shikimaru you do bring up valid points and ide like to continue to if this doesnt get shut down for peopel getting off topic

Kyosuke

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2007, 11:03:49 PM »

OK PEOPLE STOP GETTING OFF TOPIC!!!!! IDE LIKE THIS TO STAY OPEN SO WE CAN TALK ABOUT IT GEEZE

no actually lee didnt meet guy at the academy days, they showed guy watch lee train. guy started trainign after lee got his headband so as i said it had only been 2 years. although lee has been physicly training himself he couldnt have started training for the gates until he was a genin. and another reason lee can do it is because of his iron will and shinobi way. so i dont see it as a kekkai genkai. i really dont. i dont see why (besides the fact that its powerful)  neji would make it a kekkai genkai. if were gonna make it buy the show it should be some event like this:

you run into guy and he asks if you believe in the spring time of youth?

yes or no

no = he walks away mummbling something about  sassyness

yes = he asks if you wanna learn a secret technique

yes or no

(and maybe only for taijutsu users)-putting a jutsu type on it (kinda like alignments lol)

neji after that could chose what will happen since hes the genius here. ive stated my points ive said why i think it shoudl be a thing you can learn and not a kekkai genkai. but shikimaru you do bring up valid points and ide like to continue to if this doesnt get shut down for peopel getting off topic

I'm almost positive that Gai would not ask a random person if they want to learn a Forbidden technique. :roll:

Note that it is a Secret Technique, so Neji's general idea seems to be the set one. At the very least, he could have the description somewhere around:

"While not exactly a Kekkei Genkai, this technique is extremely difficult to master. Only the most skilled Shinobi can utilize it."

That's just the way it is. >_>

Edit: I meant at the very most, not least.  :oops:
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 12:44:22 AM by Kyosuke »
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 16 queries.