Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: 8 gates (i know its been talked about but those ones are locked)  (Read 6259 times)

orochimarusnextbody

Re: 8 gates (i know its been talked about but those ones are locked)
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2007, 01:12:15 AM »

yea but i was jsut coming up with soem ideas i didnt say i mastered it lol just giving some sort of example.

Samantha

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2007, 09:08:17 PM »

Orochimaru makes great points for the 8 Gates to not be a kekkei genkai, but I still believe it should and will be a kekkei genkai in SL. 
i) The extreme power of the 8 Gates is right on par with the kekkei genkai. 
ii.) In order to obtain the knowledge and implement the Opening of the 8 Gates, one would need to give up a great deal.  In this game one would have to give up all their gems, all their dwellings (houses/cityhouses/castles), mount, easiness of getting DK's at will, and all the glory of being a powerful shinobi.  By giving up all of these things, a new chapter and new beginning starts.  I believe that anyone would agree that if they are going to give up all of these precious and hard earned items(Yes, much hard work had to be put in, consider this hard work half of the requirement of hard work that Rock Lee does), that they should be granted the chance to learn something that others can not.  The beginning is the choice of possibly learning the 8 Gates or a kekkei genkai.   

In a nutshell, many people have worked hard to keep their account current and active, but even fewer people have gone the extra mile to get DK's at will, and become the strongest at a given rank.  I believe that when a person is willing to give up all that he/she has worked so hard for they deserve the opportunity to set themselves apart from the others and acquire power equal of the kekkei genkai (The 8 Gates) or acquiring the actual kekkei genkai.  ;)

Mihamaru

• Pssh! Ikki and Sora don't have **** on me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2007, 09:41:06 PM »

Orochimaru makes great points for the 8 Gates to not be a kekkei genkai, but I still believe it should and will be a kekkei genkai in SL. 
ii.) In order to obtain the knowledge and implement the Opening of the 8 Gates, one would need to give up a great deal.  In this game one would have to give up all their gems, all their dwellings (houses/cityhouses/castles), mount, easiness of getting DK's at will, and all the glory of being a powerful shinobi.  By giving up all of these things, a new chapter and new beginning starts.  I believe that anyone would agree that if they are going to give up all of these precious and hard earned items(Yes, much hard work had to be put in, consider this hard work half of the requirement of hard work that Rock Lee does), that they should be granted the chance to learn something that others can not.  The beginning is the choice of possibly learning the 8 Gates or a kekkei genkai.   

In a nutshell, many people have worked hard to keep their account current and active, but even fewer people have gone the extra mile to get DK's at will, and become the strongest at a given rank.  I believe that when a person is willing to give up all that he/she has worked so hard for they deserve the opportunity to set themselves apart from the others and acquire power equal of the kekkei genkai (The 8 Gates) or acquiring the actual kekkei genkai.  ;)

Well I'm not giving up my specilities (my ability to do anything but Taijustu) for good!

(S): >.>; Duuuuuude.. do you have Yuri?

(K) -_____________-; Ask Miha.. hes da Master! xD

Eureka7

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2007, 10:40:15 PM »

I get the point that Skika is making. I mean the power of the 8 gates is something equal to the kekkei genkai.  If you want to learn it you would need to give up everything (everything would be equal to the hard work Lee put in to do the 8 gates).  So the kekkei genkai is something you are born with. The 8 gates is a testament of hard work.  To acquire either one you would have to give up everything.  It makes sense.
Those that want to keep there current power shouldn't complain about being bored.  Your only other choice would be if there is a option for those people that what to kill Oro 24 times a day and be seen as superior, but those peeps are just cowardly :cry: because they fear starting over and losing all their so called uber strength power and dks.  :cry:
To bad get over it :twisted:

Mihamaru

• Pssh! Ikki and Sora don't have **** on me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2007, 11:13:57 PM »

I get the point that Skika is making. I mean the power of the 8 gates is something equal to the kekkei genkai.  If you want to learn it you would need to give up everything (everything would be equal to the hard work Lee put in to do the 8 gates).  So the kekkei genkai is something you are born with. The 8 gates is a testament of hard work.  To acquire either one you would have to give up everything.  It makes sense.
Those that want to keep there current power shouldn't complain about being bored.  Your only other choice would be if there is a option for those people that what to kill Oro 24 times a day and be seen as superior, but those peeps are just cowardly :cry: because they fear starting over and losing all their so called uber strength power and dks.  :cry:
Imagine how powerful Neji would make those things to balance out the loss...

(S): >.>; Duuuuuude.. do you have Yuri?

(K) -_____________-; Ask Miha.. hes da Master! xD

orochimarusnextbody

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2007, 11:40:32 PM »

i see what you mean but still its jsut not my thing liek soemwhere neji said he made the resangan so where genin can get it also because he wanted it to be liek the show. if thats the case (to make it show wise) then the gates should be something like the show where its not considered a kekkai genkai. like maybe neji can make the kekkai genkai and then make something similiar to that event or something to get the gates.  i dont know things like that bother me for instance the sound ninjas fighting oro boths me. but whatever (people dont get off topic because of that i was using it as an example) and this bothers me also. but i really cant do much cause its all in nejis hand. im just stating my oppinion.

Mihazi

• I have this cough, ya know.
    • View Profile
    • How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2007, 11:46:21 PM »

Imagine how powerful Neji would make those things to balance out the loss...
I know what you mean. The kekkei genkai better be worth what I am able to give up.

I don't understand why I have to give up something like dks to learn the 8 gates.
I'll work hard now and learn it. Someone strong can't learn something to make them stronger?
Guess I should give up on rasengan because I'll have to start over as a academy student.
If I wanted the sharingan, I would go kill a Uchiha and rip his eyes out after I kill him.
Although I'll be unable to use it at full potential like Kakashi, but there is the body transfer technique.

Edit:
What takes someone a lifetime to learn may take me a month.
People don't learn at the same rate.

Fourth took 3 years to learn rasengan. Naruto took a few months.
SPOILER?
Naruto can use mass kage bushin to learn jutsus in days.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 11:55:18 PM by Mihazi »

Samantha

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2007, 01:29:08 AM »

I completely understand and agree with both of you for the most part (Mihazi and Orochimaru).  If we were to follow the anime by the letter you would be absolutely right, but in this case we are deviating.  I'm 100% sure that Neji will make the kekkei genkai along with the 8 Gates, worth the submission of the DK's along with other valuables.  There will be plenty of new things in store for people after the submission process that will peak interest.  However, as Neji stated before, giving up DK's is just part of the deal, you still have to continue to work diligently after the submission process to further your new skills and techniques.   :D

I've seen other topics and I'm glad that all of us could discuss our points, disagreements and agreements in the right fashion without going off topic or being malicious.  I wish all the topics could be discussed in this kind of manner.  :roll:

orochimarusnextbody

« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2007, 02:00:49 AM »

I completely understand and agree with both of you for the most part (Mihazi and Orochimaru).  If we were to follow the anime by the letter you would be absolutely right, but in this case we are deviating.  I'm 100% sure that Neji will make the kekkei genkai along with the 8 Gates, worth the submission of the DK's along with other valuables.  There will be plenty of new things in store for people after the submission process that will peak interest.  However, as Neji stated before, giving up DK's is just part of the deal, you still have to continue to work diligently after the submission process to further your new skills and techniques.   :D

I've seen other topics and I'm glad that all of us could discuss our points, disagreements and agreements in the right fashion without going off topic or being malicious.  I wish all the topics could be discussed in this kind of manner.  :roll:

yea all i can do is really hope neji  reads this and our points and will make a disition on what weve said not a desition because he already wants it to be like that. and yes i believe this is one of the topics that we kept open without getting too off task or anything like that. but neji read this and actually think about it. ive said my part im glad as shikimaru said to say the agreements disagreements and point of views. thank you and ill see what happens later

Mihazi

• I have this cough, ya know.
    • View Profile
    • How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2007, 02:17:09 AM »

Okay, this is set as kekkei genkai for gameplay purposes.
To balance the game and not create overpowered players.
Which is why you shoudn't be able to use both CS and SST.
Even though it goes against the manga.

I guess...

behrle

« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2007, 03:56:39 AM »

Neji can.

But also, years of training, right, BUT ... I see Sharingan boobies with Hachimon Tonkou, and then ... well... how can you train your Sharingan AND your ability for the gates? Due to strategic reasons, and sanity ones, it can't work together...

Also, the price is higher than just to *work* for it =)

TenTen's stuff, i.e., can be done with work, no big deal. But for Lee, it is much much more work involved. No time for anything else, not even jutsus...

and don't get me wrong about kekkei genkai... it's not "push button" -> "ok, open up all gates now...."
you HAVE to train for them still ;)

Ehum.. sorry but... Sharingan Boobies? O_O;;;;;,;;;;;;;;

I will get byakugan.

To see through *coughwomen'scough* colthing. <<;
&lt;_&lt; Ima.. Keep away from you. >>
*will do they pervy wheelchair man thing*
O_O;:
pervy wheelchair guy was cool... and so was the bath scene

... and sharingan boobies are red with a black... I guss? >.>
&lt;_&lt;:;

you guys are horrible talking about that kind of stuff i mean really its just not logicly possible when you think about it sharingan boobies  >>
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 16 queries.