Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Author Topic: clan history  (Read 3032 times)

nevinmathys

clan history
« on: October 29, 2007, 10:17:39 PM »

i think it would be a good idea to give the clan leader position the ability to look at the clan history for a applicant. it could be open to only the rank of 30 or above. this would help with clan destroyers. my clan was destoyed around one and a half weeks ago by somone named darksoul. i would have liked to have the abiltiy to look at his clans that he had been in before we let him in. i think it would be good to be able to see what clans they had been in and how long they were there. you could also add in a way for clan leaders to post why they kicked the member if they kicked them.just a idea

Ace

• View Profile
Re: clan history
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 10:25:05 PM »

I see what you are tying to say, but I am not convinced at the fact we need the things you mentioned. If you were to check my "past history" how can you actually tell I destroyed a clan, you can't.

About the idea of posting reasons for kicking out a member, I think that is not necessary. The leader has the right to kick out a member if he or she wants to. I don't see many leaders kicking out their members for the fun of it, they usually have a reason like inactivity, or they aren't helping the clan enough.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 10:35:41 PM by ace »

nevinmathys

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 10:30:27 PM »

I see what you are tying to say, but I am convinced at the fact we need the things you mentioned. If you were to check my "past history" how can you actually tell I destroyed a clan, you can't.

About the idea of posting reasons for kicking out a member, I think that is not necessary. The leader has the right to kick out a member if he or she wants to. I don't see many leaders kicking out their members for the fun of it, they usually have a reason like inactivity, or they aren't helping the clan enough.
if i look at your past history and see that you were in a clan for 2 days and that clan just happens to lose all the members then i can see that or i could see that you havent been with a clan longer than it takes for that clan to mysteriously be destroyed. as for why you should be able to say why you kicked a member that is because if you could then you could warn other clan leaders of what the person in question did.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 10:32:22 PM »

I see what you are tying to say, but I am convinced at the fact we need the things you mentioned. If you were to check my "past history" how can you actually tell I destroyed a clan, you can't.

if i look at your past history and see that you were in a clan for 2 days and that clan just happens to lose all the members then i can see that or i could see that you havent been with a clan longer than it takes for that clan to mysteriously be destroyed. as for why you should be able to say why you kicked a member that is because if you could then you could warn other clan leaders of what the person in question did.

What happens IF I were to be in a clan for more than a month and then I destroy it...how would you know then by looking at my past history?

These are IF statements we are dealing with, assuming can lead to misconceptions, which can later lead to quarrels.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 10:37:44 PM by ace »

nevinmathys

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 10:48:35 PM »

look i dont know how all these things may work now but i know that they would be helpful. its not my job to come up with how its useful its my job to come up with the idea. i was destroyed by darksoul who i now know is taumaster the strongest person in shinobi legends. if i had time to think about this then i would but i have to rebuild my clan from him

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 10:54:38 PM »

look i dont know how all these things may work now but i know that they would be helpful. its not my job to come up with how its useful its my job to come up with the idea. i was destroyed by darksoul who i now know is taumaster the strongest person in shinobi legends. if i had time to think about this then i would but i have to rebuild my clan from him

I do not wish to argue with you and so I will I say one thing. If you want to come up with an idea make sure you know how useful it really is.

I want to help you out, and loosing a clan is not a good feeling, but next time before you post a feature request, make sure you also note the possible flaws in it as well.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 10:55:07 PM by ace »

Demon Bandit Taumaster

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2007, 04:38:45 AM »

I would just like to say something. Yes, I am Darksoul. Yes, I did destroy your clan. I'm not going to deny that  :D Simple thing: Do not promote me in to rank 25 for no reason. Random applicants promoted to rank 25? You had never heard of Darksoul before that. It's a pretty simple thing problem to fix. You were one the 1st clans I went after. Clan history wouldn't have done a thing.

nevinmathys

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 11:05:19 AM »

i dont care if it would have done me any good i want it to do me good next time.

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2007, 11:46:25 AM »

nevinmathys

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2007, 11:52:16 AM »

thats not what i ment though. i want a clan history for the people in my clan. who they have been with and how long they were there. secondly i cant post there because it is a dead subject and i will get yelled at for reviving it.

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2007, 12:07:47 PM »

thats not what i ment though. i want a clan history for the people in my clan. who they have been with and how long they were there. secondly i cant post there because it is a dead subject and i will get yelled at for reviving it.
1) I WILL YELL AT YOU RIGHT NOW FOR MAKING A NEW THREAD FOR THE SAME SUBJECT. Just because you suggested that how long they have been in each clan to be added doesn't make it a completely new subject AND the thread isn't locked!

2) You will only get yelled at if you revive an old topic with a meaningless post or repeat a comment that has already been said in earlier posts.

Baluski

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2007, 04:19:29 PM »

No. Locked.
Everytime a thread is locked, a penguin dies.

Obey the moderator!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTLwiccIOxI

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 19 queries.