Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 59

Author Topic: Text Issues  (Read 141348 times)

Shukaku

• How can my feet smell if they don't have a nose??
    • View Profile
Re: Text Issues
« Reply #555 on: July 01, 2007, 09:00:13 PM »

I have this in the buffs :

`r Hinata's Haunting Charm!
I'm back to SL !

PyroPrinny

« Reply #556 on: July 02, 2007, 01:39:27 AM »

I know that this feature is new...But I just want to point out a few things. All things that might need to be changed in bold and will have examples for changes at the bottom in order. Things that might be added (such as commas) will be in bold in the quote.

You step out of the gates of the village and stand for a moment to take a look around. A slight breeze in the air stirs the pennants mounted above your head before it touches your skin. Sounds of dogs barking draws your attention to the makeshift camp which is set slightly apart from the village. You walk towards the encampment, trying to avoid muddy puddles left from the rainfall the prior night. The odor of cooking fires permeates the air.

As you approach, you notice two men seated on rough hewn logs in front of a tent. Propped against one of the logs are a pair of long handled battle axes and a bastard sword. One of the men turns his weatherbeaten face towards you. You try to suppress a shudder as you recoil from the sight of his face. A ragged scar marks his face from forehead to jaw, crossing an empty hole where his eye should be. He spits into the campfire before him.

"Are you looking for someone?", he asks in a gravelly voice that comes from deep within.

At that moment a slender elfin woman with her golden hair pulled back in a warrior's braid brushes past you. Strapped across her back is a long bow and a leather quiver full of arrows fletched with turkey feathers. She gives you a smirk as she passes.You turn as the elfin archer continues on her way. That is when you notice a large mangy dog in a tug-of-war with a troll. Clenched in the dog's teeth is a very large bone with bits of flesh still clinging to it. You can't tell if the troll is growling louder than the dog as it tries to wrest the bone from its jaw. Hanging from the troll's wide belt a gnarled club hangs against filthy breeches of animal skins. The sound of the man's voice brings your attention back to the matter at hand.

"Yes. As a matter of fact I am looking for someone." you reply. "I have gold in my purse to pay for the best fighter willing to join me in ridding this realm of vermin."

I know that pennants are flags, but maybe it could be changed to something more Naruto-ish...Maybe lanterns? But it could stay as is.
Wouldn't it be "is" instead of "are"?
Maybe change it to something more ninja-ish. All I can think of is Katana and caltrops for some reason...
Female Ninja possibly?
Same as above.
Troll? Maybe a feral child? o.O That's all that I think that can replace it.
Same as above.

That's all...Hope it's easy to understand.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 02, 2007, 05:38:37 PM »

@shukaku fixed
(seen for new buffs)

@pyro
yes, I know, I'll fix it up once the test is over =)
I am not sure if you'll see that camp even or if I am writing something for it.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Mithras

• Beatus ille, qui procul negotiis
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: July 04, 2007, 06:28:37 PM »

in the bar when you drink ale
"Turning around, you take a big chug of the erarty draught, and give Tenten an ale-foam mustache smile."
-->Why is Tenten here and not in the ramen O.o

Shikki

• That's what she said.
    • View Profile
    • 4Spam!
« Reply #559 on: July 04, 2007, 08:39:50 PM »

in the bar when you drink ale
"Turning around, you take a big chug of the erarty draught, and give Tenten an ale-foam mustache smile."
-->Why is Tenten here and not in the ramen O.o

eh also for the erathy part

shouldnt it be Hearty? .-.

Lebis

• Ya'll ever see a Vyloria around? Probs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: July 05, 2007, 03:56:17 PM »

Can we do something about this? I can rewrite and edit the text. It's been bothering me. >.>

Erupting and labeled are spelled wrong anyways. <___<; And there are some female staff now. >>;

~~~~

You open your eyes, the pain errupting in your head is almost overwhelming. You try to lift your hands to your head, when you realize that you are tied to a table and feel yourself unable to move.

Looking around you find that you are within a cave. Torchlight is dancing on the walls and strange noises can be heard coming from the dark corners. You tilt your head to the side to take a glimpse of what is going on in here, when you see a small creature appearing. It is definitely too ugly for a troll, too small for a dwarf and too strange for an elf, but what it is you cannot tell.
As this thing notices that you are awake, it turns to you and begins to speak.

"I am <name> The Great. I will be the ruler of this world. Soon!" With a really annoying giggling he continues, "But for this to come to fruition, it takes only a little sacrifice. And that where my plans involve... YOU!"

You cannot believe what you are hearing. This squabbly little thing is going to succeed in taking over the entire world. And you have no chance to stop him.
But he continues, "But before I can continue the Codex of the Villain, Annex B Chapter 6 tells me, I have to introduce you to my evil plan. So, let's get this nonsense behind us."

And so it starts his liturgy about his almighty evilness and after a while... hit finishes talking about its plans. You have looked for every single opportunity to escape but found nothing. Then, you see your last chance. Raising your voice you yell at <name>, "Hey, evil overlord, ruler of the world to-be! If you are so smart and almighty, why not battle me in a hand to hand contest?"

You would have never thought, <name> would ever consider your suggestion but he seems rather willing to let you contest him. So magically your bonds are loosed and you prepare to fight the thing. Then you see some sort of device, <name> seems to use for its plans. Some levers and buttons are used to operate this device. And one is labelled in big red letters: DO NOT PRESS. This must be the self-destruct button! You start circling around <name> and slowly advance to his machine, ready to set this to an end. Aiming for a heavy blow, <name> loses its balance and this is the perfect moment for you to push the button. "Noooooooooooooo....", you hear <name> screaming and almost instantly after you release the button a deep grumbling sound can be heard. You head for the exit of this cave and with a last jump make it out of it closely followed by a cloud of dust. Where once was the entrance to <name>'s cave, is now only debris and dirt. It will surely take some time for you to forget this experience.
I'd love to check where my old friends are. My discord is always open. Let's catch up! 

Discord - Vyloria#9279

Mithras

• View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 06, 2007, 05:23:29 PM »

"someone" skill allows them to get the first round of attack!
 why them?

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: July 07, 2007, 04:01:47 AM »

`Shikamaru gives you an odd lock.

"I'm sorry, but I don't know anyone by that name. Perhaps you should try again?"

Shouldn't lock be look?
Also The colour code is messed up for Shikamaru.

Mithras

• View Profile
« Reply #563 on: July 07, 2007, 12:49:21 PM »

"Ancient Demon which lunges at you with Ancient Knowledge!"
Could we change it into something else, like:
Wandering Sensei..............................Powers of the wise

RAIKIRI

« Reply #564 on: July 08, 2007, 12:23:35 AM »

@Mithras

I asked Neji for the same thing, I'm pretty sure he said that the code for the bar and Ichiraku's is very messy and he couldnt do anything.

Mithras

• View Profile
« Reply #565 on: July 10, 2007, 01:04:25 PM »

ah ok thx RAIKIRI
but...
Looking around you find that you are within a cave. Torchlight is dancing on the walls and strange noises can be heard coming from the dark corners. You tilt your head to the side to take a glimpse of what is going on in here, when you see a small creature appearing. It is definitely too ugly for a troll, too small for a dwarf and too strange for an elf, but what it is you cannot tell.
As this thing notices that you are awake, it turns to you and begins to speak.
-->This doesn´t sound very much like SL we could add real Naruto figure names in it...

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: July 10, 2007, 06:31:10 PM »

@lock
fixed.

@mithras
ancient knowledge...where?

also for the cave, I thought I fixed that =) is it English?
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Mithras

• View Profile
« Reply #567 on: July 11, 2007, 09:01:52 AM »

Yes it is in the english version (i just post things from the english version because I know that the german part is LoGD)

-> The ancient thing is in the forest, a monster
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 09:03:40 AM by Mithras »

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: July 15, 2007, 02:22:42 PM »

*spoiler* still says you are missing *spoiler* and a ballon when you don't have the items required.

The module itself is fixed, just that there's still a text error in the event.

Uchihabeast

« Reply #569 on: July 15, 2007, 02:36:36 PM »

and Ehm... Mando? Aint Orochimarus Snake Called manda? >>
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 59

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 18 queries.