Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Customize Hotkeys  (Read 5708 times)

Mihazi

• I have this cough, ya know.
    • View Profile
    • How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Customize Hotkeys
« on: December 03, 2007, 06:29:33 AM »

I've played this game for awhile now and I still press the wrong hotkeys from time to time, which is usually when a forest event appears, the fight is not over, or when a new option is introduced into an area.

I hate that items have hotkeys because I press the wrong hotkey because I'm in a different country and I waste an item.

Maybe I'm not thinking right, rushing, or I am being careless but if I am allowed to set certain hotkeys then I won't have this problem.

I don't like clicking because it's slow and I might need to scroll down.

Is this possible?

I mostly dislike using CS2 when I tried to heal. I would like to be able to set hotkeys for jutsus.

SharinganNaruto

Re: Customize Hotkeys
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 07:37:11 AM »

Yea I second this request, the one that gets me the most is the jutsu one. I hate using the damn healing jutsu when im thrillseeking at a rapid pace. I can kind of predict the answer though, something like this, "You should have more patience and pay attention to what you're doing rather then speeding through the game." That's if we're denied. >.> I'd be suprised and happy if it's a Go for this request. Yay. xD

Mihamaru

• Pssh! Ikki and Sora don't have **** on me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 07:47:24 AM »

I imagine that this would be a huge drain on the server.
Then again, what do I know? I have no idea how php works!

(S): >.>; Duuuuuude.. do you have Yuri?

(K) -_____________-; Ask Miha.. hes da Master! xD

Mihazi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 08:02:16 AM »

I also hate the hotkey 'O' for outhouse, which I visit every game day and you should too, because when Orochimaru appears then 'O' is for Orochimaru and 'H' is for outhouse. (The same thing happens when Kabuto appears)
I have grown used to it, but human error. I'm not perfect.
This was one of the factors that ended Mihazi's level sitting.
All that work down the drain.
If I was a sitter, I wouldn't set a hotkey at all for Orochimaru.

garuga

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 10:52:11 AM »

well,i would like to take hotkeys off jutsus cause,Well,i have little chakra compared to you guys,and i am kinda pissed when i press the hotkey for the 15 chakra jutsu on a forest creature before killing oro,and i cant kill him without chakra/using a jutsu

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 11:15:57 AM »

I can do other hotkeys, but I cannot do personal ones. The game layout is not made for that and a change would be deep at little gain.

If you have a better reassignment we can i.e. vote on, state it.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Chaoskin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 03:52:02 PM »

I have same problem when keys change because of oro or Kabuto and i see most said hotkey problem was with oro option and kabuto, why not just remove hotkeys to slay oro and kabuto, that way it doesnt change anything

To think of a new hotkey setup when there are so many events with different keys and jutsus it would be very hard so that it doesnt change other keys,

i dont know but i say just remove option for hotkeys for oro and kabuto, i dont mind clicking to kill oro  or kabuto to save me from so many mistakes but see everything has a hotkey so if you cant remove it just put a . behind kabuto and oro and make hotkey. that way it wont change nothing

What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 04:00:35 PM by Chaoskin »
Leader of Phoenix Rising <PHX>

I can Summon the Legnedary BaconCat and own you!

atomkai

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 06:53:54 PM »

I think removing the hotkeys for Orochimaru & Kabuto (same as the village hotkeys are removed for Crazy Audrey) would be great for that bit of confusion.

As for CS1 & CS2 . . . I don't know a good way to address that.  I happens to me occassionally.

I wish there were a way to "supress" the seals (like Kakashi tried to do to Sasuke) similar to how tattoos can be permanently removed.

Mihazi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2007, 12:14:15 AM »

I want the CS/CS2 hotkey removed.
There are many opportunities to accidentally activate CS/CS2 because 'C' is used as a hotkey for too many things. It may be convenient to let your finger sit on 'C', but I don't want to do something I didn't want to do.
Examples:
I travel to Konoha Gakure and I usually enter the inn first, which is 'C', but if I press 'C' without noticing that I'm in a fight in between travels then I use CS/CS2.
I've done this at level 1 and that is a setback. Don't we hate setbacks?

Using almost the same example, I'm traveling to Rice Field and I'm prepared to go to sichea's apple shop which is also 'C' and I run into a fight that I didn't notice.
Even after you finish a fight during travel, 'C' is used for Continue and if I get into another fight and I don't notice then I could accidentally use CS/CS2.

When in the forest, 'C' is for complete heal and if I think the fight is over and I got hurt then I'm going to heal myself, but if the fight isn't over and I hit 'C' then I activate CS/CS2.

Also I want the hotkeys for items to be removed. Mostly in the village square, but the forest too. I rarely use items (I use the pills if I'm in a jiffy but that's pretty much it) and when I do it is accidently and they are usually the good items like talismans, specialty elixir, and chouji's pill.

I sometimes hit 'Y' instead of 'T' for travel (there are other rare instances), so Specialty Elixir wasted.
In the forest, talismans are listed and when Kabuto and Oro show, there are too many changes in hotkeys and I wind up wasting a talisman.
Chouji's pill you ask? Jumping into the fountain. <<

Weapon/armor shops are only in your country. Sometimes I login and I think I'm in my home country so I go to buy some weapons/armor, but I'm not in my home country and I most likely use one of my items.

This is what Sharuto was talking about.
Thrillseeking til end is 'H', but you are stopped mid fight when fighting multiple enemies if all didn't die when the first enemy died.
Pressing 'H' and you use the level 1 medical healing jutsu wasting chakra. I suffer this too. It gets worse if you have a higher cost jutsu that uses 'H'.

Note for sitters, you guys have lots of chakra/mastery of specialties, so don't you guys wish you could set a hotkey for the jutsu you use most?
Becasue all those jutsus have overlapping hotkeys, so some jutsus are left without a hotkey leaving the player to scroll down the list of jutsu to find the one he/she always uses.

'C' is also for clan, which is the same for most countries except Rice Field. Having them all the same would be helpful.

Chaoskin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 02:43:59 AM »

Wow you hit alot of wrong things

atomkai

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2007, 03:41:04 AM »

I want the CS/CS2 hotkey removed.
There are many opportunities to accidentally activate CS/CS2 because 'C' is used as a hotkey for too many things. It may be convenient to let your finger sit on 'C', but I don't want to do something I didn't want to do.
Examples:
I travel to Konoha Gakure and I usually enter the inn first, which is 'C', but if I press 'C' without noticing that I'm in a fight in between travels then I use CS/CS2.
I've done this at level 1 and that is a setback. Don't we hate setbacks?

Using almost the same example, I'm traveling to Rice Field and I'm prepared to go to sichea's apple shop which is also 'C' and I run into a fight that I didn't notice.
Even after you finish a fight during travel, 'C' is used for Continue and if I get into another fight and I don't notice then I could accidentally use CS/CS2.

When in the forest, 'C' is for complete heal and if I think the fight is over and I got hurt then I'm going to heal myself, but if the fight isn't over and I hit 'C' then I activate CS/CS2.

Also I want the hotkeys for items to be removed. Mostly in the village square, but the forest too. I rarely use items (I use the pills if I'm in a jiffy but that's pretty much it) and when I do it is accidently and they are usually the good items like talismans, specialty elixir, and chouji's pill.

I sometimes hit 'Y' instead of 'T' for travel (there are other rare instances), so Specialty Elixir wasted.
In the forest, talismans are listed and when Kabuto and Oro show, there are too many changes in hotkeys and I wind up wasting a talisman.
Chouji's pill you ask? Jumping into the fountain. <<

I feel what you are saying, but I just don't think it is feasible for this approach to be taken.

The best thing I can think of would be for INDIVIDUALS to be able to turn off all hotkeys or come up with an agreeable, common hotkey layout.

For this, you should make a proposal that covers items, jutsu, seals, etc.

This is what Sharuto was talking about.
Thrillseeking til end is 'H', but you are stopped mid fight when fighting multiple enemies if all didn't die when the first enemy died.
Pressing 'H' and you use the level 1 medical healing jutsu wasting chakra. I suffer this too. It gets worse if you have a higher cost jutsu that uses 'H'.
This has happened to me quite a bit and continues to do so.  When I was training with Hyouton, H is level 3 (so 3 chakra points wasted).  I just chalked it up to me needing to pay more attention.

Did it suck?  Hell yeah!  But ultimately, I could have prevented it with waiting just a fraction of a second more to pay full attention.

Note for sitters, you guys have lots of chakra/mastery of specialties, so don't you guys wish you could set a hotkey for the jutsu you use most?
Becasue all those jutsus have overlapping hotkeys, so some jutsus are left without a hotkey leaving the player to scroll down the list of jutsu to find the one he/she always uses.
Again, this affects me directly, but I think an individually customizable hotkey layout has already been ruled out due to the core of the system.

'C' is also for clan, which is the same for most countries except Rice Field. Having them all the same would be helpful.

This goes back to proposing a layout.  I think 'C' for Clan in all countries would be great.  I think the Bank should be the same in every location as well.

Mihazi

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2007, 10:22:11 AM »

Wow you hit alot of wrong things

Yes, I hit a lot of wrong things, so I ought to hit you, but I can't.  ;)
Seems like you insulted me and now I'll be condescending towards you.

I listed instances where I have hit the wrong key.
Look at Sharuto and atomkai.
They experience many of the same things I do.
I do not expect you to understand some of my issues with hotkeys since you have SST and not CS/CS2 and you haven't done a one game day oro kill.
Unless you play another account that does have CS/MAINLY CS2, but that I do not know.
I am leveling fast, so I am hitting keys fast and sometimes the page loading doesn't keep up with my key pressing.

The things I do when I wrongly hit hotkeys are things I do regularly while playing the game.
Another way to put it, the oppurtunity to wrongly use a hotkey presents itself to me often.

Hotkey's are much faster than clicking in my opinion.
I am too lazy to point and click things I will be doing repeatedly for spans of time.

Actually, I am accustomed to the hotkeys changing on me and whatnot.
Look at my post. Do you think I am unaware of where in the game I should be careful about hotkeys? I listed some.
I am pushing myself to watch out for those instances, yet overtime I am tired of slipping up and hitting the wrong key and beating myself up about it.

I've wanted to request this for some time, but I didn't want to bother staff.

@atomkai
That is why I wanted personal hotkey settings, but Neji stated that individual hotkey settings aren't applicable.
So I wanted to remove some hotkeys because I am too lazy to factor in all the other 'things'/'links' right now for every player on SL to use.

I know it is most if not all my fault for wrongly hitting hotkeys, but I can't help it because I face these instances on a regular basis.
It is mainly the things that share the same hotkey and I am pressing it too much and the page isn't loading fast enough etc etc...

Argh, looking at all the layouts and deciding hotkeys and keeping the hotkeys the same for repeated shops etc.
I don't know all the layouts.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 10:28:54 AM by Mihazi »

Chaoskin

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2007, 02:23:58 PM »

Killing oro in one day compared to 2 is not gonna make a huge difference, and if killing yourself and resing didnt count as a day it would be 1 XD, Cause if you look i should only get 3 oro kills a day, there are some with 4, the one with 6 just went away
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 02:57:41 PM by Chaoskin »

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2007, 06:47:09 PM »

turning off -> hm, possible

common layout -> ok
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Chaoskin

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2007, 06:52:06 PM »

I say turn off, kabuto, oro, CS, CS2

Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 20 queries.